Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
NY DEM MoV market down to 91 cents now, largely because people think its Missouri all over again. Free money for anyone who wants to wait. Unfortunately for me, I have to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
How long are we expecting the wait to be on the NY MOV?

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Gyges posted:

Missouri wait was almost a month. The only good thing was by the time I got the money, I had forgot it existed.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

A few of the Super Tuesday states took about 6 days to close.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Bernie "not dropping out in april" shares dipped about 0.06 to 0.77--easy cash if you're looking it.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I think these two articles are spooking that market.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/insiders-to-bernie-dont-take-the-fight-to-philly-222291

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/23/475326726/sanders-adviser-says-campaign-may-have-to-reevaluate-after-tuesday

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

OAquinas posted:

Bernie "not dropping out in april" shares dipped about 0.06 to 0.77--easy cash if you're looking it.

Don't be so sure about that. It's a long shot but his campaign has been giving very real signals that they'll tap out after Tuesday if they get swept. Don't know what the fair price is here but buying in at .10 like I did was a no-brainer.

tldr: the time to buy into this was two weeks ago. I wouldn't touch this now

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It's easy money. He's not dropping.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sunk everything into Pence NO, Indy Star is going to release their local polls soon and I think it won't be too great for ol' Pencey boy

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

He probably won't drop but I'm near certain that people will panic on Tuesday night thinking he will drop and get the price at least around 40 for at least enough time to scoop some profits out.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Just saw the Hillary's VP speculation thread and thought about how fun that market is going to be.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

OAquinas posted:

Easier money: Trump NO 50% in all five states.

Although that's liable to swing violently on Tuesday around 7PM Eastern.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Peachstapler posted:

Easier money: Trump NO 50% in all five states.

Although that's liable to swing violently on Tuesday around 7PM Eastern.

I think you lose this bet in Delaware nearly every time and in CT something like 60%.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Adar posted:

I think you lose this bet in Delaware nearly every time and in CT something like 60%.

There's a bet on predictit for all five at the same time.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
^^e:f,b

Adar posted:

No, its a single market that he will get 50% in all five states. The way his Pennsylvania and Maryland polls are going, this is a very good No bet.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I bought some no shares at 85, I might max it out if it goes lower.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm kind of tempted to buy Trump Trumping all 5 states YES just on the probability that it's probably going to bounce back a little bit as he starts winning/looking like he's gonna sweep.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Does the gain/loss number reflect profit fees? The balance info leaves a lot to be desired on Predictit.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Does the gain/loss number reflect profit fees? The balance info leaves a lot to be desired on Predictit.

Net gain/loss is your unrealized gains/losses. It's mostly irrelevant (and doesn't include fees).

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Adar posted:

Yes only wins if Trump gets 50% in each of the five states.

Also, glad I got in on Sanders dropout, yes is rising at a good clip again.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kasich two primaries No and Trump 50% all five No are the closest things you can find to free money IMO, both below 90c right now.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Hey I don't know if anybody is in the Pence market but based on the general election numbers released this morning, I'd think Yes is the better bet right now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Hey I don't know if anybody is in the Pence market but based on the general election numbers released this morning, I'd think Yes is the better bet right now.

Did something new come out? Last I checked, Trump had a comfy lead that is about to get comfort and Pence is solidly the choice of the Cruz crowd

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Epic High Five posted:

Did something new come out? Last I checked, Trump had a comfy lead that is about to get comfort and Pence is solidly the choice of the Cruz crowd

A general election poll released this morning shows even Trump beats Clinton in the state by a comfortable margin. That doesn't bode well for Gregg.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Finally, RI polls. Clinton has a pretty daunting lead.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

A general election poll released this morning shows even Trump beats Clinton in the state by a comfortable margin. That doesn't bode well for Gregg.

Well this is worrying on a lot of levels. I'll dig into it later tonight and if I think anything will fudge a race I'll let yall know

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Is there any rhyme or reason for when new markets go up? I was thinking a Hillary Sweeps market would be good but it would be no different from "Does Hillary win Rhode Island."

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Is there any rhyme or reason for when new markets go up? I was thinking a Hillary Sweeps market would be good but it would be no different from "Does Hillary win Rhode Island."

Doesn't seem like it, no.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Yeah, it'd be great to get another market but unfortunately I think the Dem RI and Sanders Dropout markets are kind of the de facto Hillary Sweeps at this point.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
How likely do you think it is that Bernie actually drops out after Tuesday? I'm fairly certain he'll pickup at least one primary in May, and I doubt he's going to be losing money. Hell, I'm getting even more calls to help out Bernie now than even when we had our primary. Seems like a decent strategy would be to buy Bernie Drop out YES, sell off Tuesday nigh, then buy the cheap Drop out NOs right away.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I think flipping dropout yes for Tues is a no-brainer but I don't know about holding either position. I plan to leave a couple hundred shares of dropout yes in to ride out on Wed. If he has no plans for appearances in Indiana, his campaign is sending mixed messages about what is going to happen, and he's polling poorly in RI, the one state he's hoping to win on Tuesday...I think he might throw in the towel. I'm not as cynical as people are here that he's just going to keep spending college kids' money as long as they send it to him.

But I could be wrong!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This might be useful to know:

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/724410376419467264

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/724410707555553280

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I think flipping dropout yes for Tues is a no-brainer but I don't know about holding either position. I plan to leave a couple hundred shares of dropout yes in to ride out on Wed. If he has no plans for appearances in Indiana, his campaign is sending mixed messages about what is going to happen, and he's polling poorly in RI, the one state he's hoping to win on Tuesday...I think he might throw in the towel. I'm not as cynical as people are here that he's just going to keep spending college kids' money as long as they send it to him.

But I could be wrong!

I think he's actually going for something, but I don't know what it is. It can't be thinking he can win or something like that. However, if he was just going to drop out I feel like he should have done that after New York. Maybe he doesn't think Hillary has gone far enough left yet, or the concessions he's requesting from the DNC haven't been negotiated out yet.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
This kasich Cruz agreement has thrown markets into chaos everywhere.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

watwat posted:

Chaos Kassich

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
He's not dropping out before the convention.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
^^^lol

watwat posted:

Indiana turned on its head.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

The Joe Man posted:

He's not dropping out before the convention.

He has no money.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
If those press releases are to be believed then Kasich dropout by April 30 is a free 6 cents on the dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FourLeaf posted:

He has no money.

This is why I am 99% confident he won’t be the nominee. If anyone in the establishment was considering him, they would toss him enough money to keep his operation going.

• Locked thread