Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Do I need to finish Bravely Default to play Second or is this one of those cases where the sequel is self contained but if you played the first game you get some extra ~lore~ or whatever.

Edit. Eh I should just finish Default and then get Second later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Palpek posted:

I don't know about that.

I guess i like the general gameplay better, them or bioware or cdredproject/others. I like the old turnbased FF games and I like the XV because it plays like mix of kingdom hearts and a WRPG. but i cant get into any of the FF after 7. except maybe 12.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I guess i like the general gameplay better, them or bioware or cdredproject/others. I like the old turnbased FF games and I like the XV because it plays like mix of kingdom hearts and a WRPG. but i cant get into any of the FF after 7. except maybe 12.

That's because all Final Fantasies after 7, sole exception being 12, were pretty poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

12 actually the worst of the post 7 FF's because it's a boring single player MMO you can set to play itself.

E: oh wait I forgot about 8, 8 is worse than everything

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 24, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lizard Wizard posted:

I hope Wario Ware gets more games. I love that series.

Nintendo really needs to try out another Warioware DIY-style game now that they've got their online poo poo working with Miiverse. The WiiU's tablet controller would be perfect for making game assets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pgFp2fWgtE&t=234s

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Healbot posted:

That's because all Final Fantasies after 7, sole exception being 12, were pretty poo poo.

true.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
http://slither.io/

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Skeezy posted:

Do I need to finish Bravely Default to play Second or is this one of those cases where the sequel is self contained but if you played the first game you get some extra ~lore~ or whatever.

Edit. Eh I should just finish Default and then get Second later.

They completely summarize Bravely Default in the opening of Second, so it's not a huge barrier; but if you want to "experience" that ending ahead of time, you'll want to finish Default.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

12 actually the worst of the post 7 FF's because it's a boring single player MMO you can set to play itself.

E: oh wait I forgot about 8, 8 is worse than everything

I always hated 10 and 13 the most. both games stories have there heads firmly up their own asses and nothing makes sense. and all the characters are unlikable as gently caress.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

this is pretty fun

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

10 is actually my favourite, unclouded by SNES games nostalgia anyway, I liked all the characters and the story mostly made sense, though it was told in an occasionally confusing way. :shrug:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

They completely summarize Bravely Default in the opening of Second, so it's not a huge barrier; but if you want to "experience" that ending ahead of time, you'll want to finish Default.

I already read the ending to Default and it looks like Second might be more fun overall.

Edit. I finally started playing Yakuza 5 and lmao at being able to read Initial D and Fairy Tail in the game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I always hated 10 and 13 the most. both games stories have there heads firmly up their own asses and nothing makes sense. and all the characters are unlikable as gently caress.

I can understand not liking the characters, but what make 10's story more up its own rear end than any of the previous FFs?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Broseph Brostar posted:

I can understand not liking the characters, but what make 10's story more up its own rear end than any of the previous FFs?

anything's up its rear end compared to V, which is about beating up a tree wizard who's evil bc everybody kept sealing all the evil in the same tree

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
9 is really flawed but I really like it and it is a shame that they lost all of the high resolution renders so the recent port couldn't use any of the nicer quality renders

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

finished writing e3 thread OP. also i started ronin & not a hero, and i might finish minish cap 2day

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
hey, fuckers who don't like ff9: is it about the mechanics or what? because i can't imagine playing it after ff8 and not having it be like coming up for air after nearly drowning in dismal anime. at least for the first two discs or so

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna play as Ezlo and as Vaati in hyrule warriors some day, and I hope they add those characters in at some point in the future

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna play as Ezlo and as Vaati in hyrule warriors some day, and I hope they add those characters in at some point in the future
Vaati would be pretty similar to Wizzro, but I think they should add the dojo guy who teaches you sword techniques.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Vaati would be pretty similar to Wizzro

I disagree

FactsAreUseless posted:

but I think they should add the dojo guy who teaches you sword techniques.

Which one

there are a bunch of them. minish cap alone has an entire family of them

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Motto posted:

anything's up its rear end compared to V, which is about beating up a tree wizard who's evil bc everybody kept sealing all the evil in the same tree

Souls 3 has this as a boss and it's rad because you hit it in the nuts until it dies.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Which one

there are a bunch of them. minish cap alone has an entire family of them
I know, I figured they could just average them out to the first one you meet in town, then have an ultimate attack where they all team up.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If they included any sword mentor type character, I'd rather they include either the hero's spirit from twilight princess or orca from wind waker

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HMS Boromir posted:

hey, fuckers who don't like ff9: is it about the mechanics or what? because i can't imagine playing it after ff8 and not having it be like coming up for air after nearly drowning in dismal anime. at least for the first two discs or so

its one of my favorites by far. the only thing i remember not liking is the battle loading time on ps1

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's gonna be the MM Swordsman

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

If they included any sword mentor type character, I'd rather they include either the hero's spirit from twilight princess or orca from wind waker
It should be your uncle from Link to the Past. He teaches you to hold the b button to spin!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And also says 'Zelda is your....'

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

And also says 'Zelda is your....'
The rest of the sentence was "number one gal."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

It should be your uncle from Link to the Past. He teaches you to hold the b button to spin!

I'm down for that

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He has a sweet moustache.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Good lord, of all the things you'd think they'd change in TP HD, I'm really shocked they didn't remove the thing where Midna yells at you if you try to shapeshift in front of an NPC. poo poo's worse than Professor Oak yelling at me about my bike.

Joe Gillian posted:

You spelled The Warriors wrong.

I didn't play that one.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lurdiak posted:

Good lord, of all the things you'd think they'd change in TP HD, I'm really shocked they didn't remove the thing where Midna yells at you if you try to shapeshift in front of an NPC. poo poo's worse than Professor Oak yelling at me about my bike.

they should make you buy the option to turn it off with rupees like the sail in wind waker hd

owns.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I like Orca's lil potbelly :3:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

john Romero will change video games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

how do you embed gifvs do you just paste them in

http://i.imgur.com/g80LCb8.gifv

e: nice now i know

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ostentatious posted:

john Romero will change video games

Good cause it's starting to smell haha!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Make Video Games Great Again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

Okay, but I don't know if anyone's Kickstarting a Burger Time reboot yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ostentatious posted:

They already are.

• Locked thread