Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
....What?

Dude, nobody's "guilting" you into anything, it's just how it works, and it's still plenty casual even if you have to use your brain a little.

And yeah, navigating that area is a bit confusing...but getting to the adventure you mentioned mostly involves running up ramps into the command center, then through a busted wall and back down once the appropriate event chain's done. Annoying sometimes, but not very tough.

Deathwing fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
It would be better if I got the rewards when I logged in instead of having to futz around with maps and pushing the letter buttons on my typeboard.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Get ya head checked mate.

http://gw2taco.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/guild-bounties.html

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Another standard guild mission night.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

mike12345 posted:

[stuff about not being able to find Adventures]

I've been in the process of updating my Adventures guide with videos including how to find each of them since the 4/19 patch. Almost done!
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/players/Guide-Adventures-Silver-Gold-and-beyond/first

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

mike12345 posted:

Also I disagree strongly with the idea of guilting "casuals" into "learn 2 get gud" for a new daily feature aimed at the average player.

The feature isn't new, it was one of the major new features they marketed HoT with, and it's very clearly marked on the map for anyone with the attention span to make the grand leap of independent thought between seeing something they don't recognise and hovering your mouse cursor over it to reveal a handy popup tooltip, which is how pretty much everything in the game is explained. You're not a casual, you're a miscarriage with hands and even then somehow manage to shame regular old puddles of failed cells just by associating them with your levels stupidity.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
jesus waci :stare:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Waci posted:

The feature isn't new, it was one of the major new features they marketed HoT with, and it's very clearly marked on the map for anyone with the attention span to make the grand leap of independent thought between seeing something they don't recognise and hovering your mouse cursor over it to reveal a handy popup tooltip, which is how pretty much everything in the game is explained. You're not a casual, you're a miscarriage with hands and even then somehow manage to shame regular old puddles of failed cells just by associating them with your levels stupidity.

lol

thanks for cheering me up

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

mike12345 posted:

lol

thanks for cheering me up

I didn't know where the adventure was either, so I googled it and then knew where it was. And then I walked to it. I hope this helps.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The goon hp train last night was cool, got to see and do lots of stuff we wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Thanks Cell Bluetooth!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Pesterchum posted:

I didn't know where the adventure was either, so I googled it and then knew where it was. And then I walked to it. I hope this helps.

google needs a nerf

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Well the HoT HP train went about as well as one might expect a goon led function to be. Next one I do should be smoother and I won't get us lost in TD for 20 minutes first. I think I'll do another one next Sunday midday (EST) so eurogoons can join in too.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Hey Pseudo/plague/Tivac/any other Anet staff in goon guilds and the thread, would you suggest adding that feature where you click something - like the adventure on the daily screen - and it'll bring up the map and show you where in the zone it is, like the scouts or the Wintersday orphans from the letter etc? e: oh I guess that already exists or something, nvm

Also you guys missed that one broken waypoint in Brisban again. Even one reminder of Scarlet is too many.

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 24, 2016

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
Wow, just did a full AB meta from start to finish (pylons to octovine) and yeah, I'm glad I waited for this patch until I started farming for HoT legendaries again. Rewards have effectively doubled if not more. Keys are no longer a problem and can happily open the entire chest room again. In the whole run, I think I got around ~100 keys and ~500 aurilium. I can only imagine the other maps are just as good.

Anet came through, drat fine patch.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah I was in tangled yesterday just making my way to an adventure, and the couple events i got caught up in showered me with keys and sparks. So much more than when I was grinding them.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Fractals are fun. Thanks goons for carrying me through the agony.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

lucifirius posted:

Fractals are fun. Thanks goons for carrying me through the agony.

No worries :). Now that I'm actually playing more nowadays I'll be trying to run them or dungeons daily, so feel free to jump on in.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

drat, still hot and fresh content the 37th time it's been posted in the thread

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

God bless SIS for continuing to upset the map chat :allears:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

I tried finding the exact same one for the exact same daily and the exact same thing happened to me! I was in the Orchard because when I clicked the "show me where this adventure is" button, it placed the map on a location a few inches east of the actual adventure. I saw the icon of the adventure on the map, but figured that I needed to go underground for the entrance or something. So yeah, the map was confusing in that instance.

Of course, I later found it and then found out I needed a mastery I didn't have to start the instance, which I thought was dumb as hell.

Oh well, esports and SW trains remain fun!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
4 million exp for my last legendary thing. :stare:

H-here I go I guess.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I wish dragon stand gave you as many keys as the other zones, even with the end of event reward you don't get like even half of the machetes you need.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

RottenK posted:

God bless SIS for continuing to upset the map chat :allears:

Sadly no biters to post alongside it. :smith:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

No worries :). Now that I'm actually playing more nowadays I'll be trying to run them or dungeons daily, so feel free to jump on in.

I will definitely enjoy that. I'll need the gold and mats for all the ascended crafting I plan on doing. The big reason I've never really been too active in GW2 is because I've never been able to find a good guild until now.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

:siren: ATTENTION GOONS (and other interested parties) :siren:

Starting this week I am proud to announce the launch of HP Train Tuesdays, aka Choo-Choo-Choosday! (thanks, Funmaster)

At 9PM EDT each Tuesday I'll be leading an HP train through Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, and part of the way into Tangled Depths, with the goal of hitting the 250 HP a brand-spanking-new tomed or boosted level 80 would need to fully unlock their elite spec. I'll be forming a squad 5-10 min before I start, so /sqjoin Fat Hobo around then, or message me in-game (Fat Hobo is probably my easiest alt name to remember).

The ONLY requirements for these trains are Glider Basics, although Updraft Use and Bouncing Mushrooms will be a big help in a lot of cases. Regardless, I'll be taking one of my mesmers each time, so I'll be providing portals past things that require exalted marks/ley line gliding/mushrooms. I also request that if you're going to come along on the trains, please haul your rear end across the Silverwastes and to the first Verdant Brink WP (Shipwreck Peak Waypoint) before I start setting up the train. It's fairly simple to get to, just take the Triforge Point WP in Brisban Wildlands and run north into the fort. There's a portal there to the Silverwastes. Run west along the south side of the map to Amber Sandfall, immediately past it to the west is a door in a rock face that has a portal at the back taking you into Verdant Brink and the Shipwreck Peak waypoint.

Again, this train is open to all comers: goons, dentists, whatever pubs want to tag along. The more the merrier! So bring that neglected alt that you just used the lv80 boost on get their elite spec unlocked!

PS: dragging an alt through an HP train is a GREAT way to get mastery XP, so bring as many XP boosting items as you can! The GH has a flat +10% bonus you can get at the tavern, a number of items offer unique XP boosts of +50% from kills, if you have Celebration boosts that's +100% from kills. Enchanted reward boosts and fine (yellow) XP boosts will give you +50% to ALL sources (absolutely killer when doing HP train, you get a lot from map areas and events). A decent amount of foods and utility boosts also offer 10-15% bonuses to kill XP. Lunar new year fireworks give you another +10% to all sources!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
I can never make that time but you're a cool dude for doing that! Have fun!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Amazing, thank you!

I never had much of an opportunity to participate at launch, so I'm glad I'll finally get some HoT trains in.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Schpyder posted:

:siren: ATTENTION GOONS (and other interested parties) :siren:

Starting this week I am proud to announce the launch of HP Train Tuesdays, aka Choo-Choo-Choosday! (thanks, Funmaster)

At 9PM EDT each Tuesday I'll be leading an HP train through Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, and part of the way into Tangled Depths, with the goal of hitting the 250 HP a brand-spanking-new tomed or boosted level 80 would need to fully unlock their elite spec. I'll be forming a squad 5-10 min before I start, so /sqjoin Fat Hobo around then, or message me in-game (Fat Hobo is probably my easiest alt name to remember).

The ONLY requirements for these trains are Glider Basics, although Updraft Use and Bouncing Mushrooms will be a big help in a lot of cases. Regardless, I'll be taking one of my mesmers each time, so I'll be providing portals past things that require exalted marks/ley line gliding/mushrooms. I also request that if you're going to come along on the trains, please haul your rear end across the Silverwastes and to the first Verdant Brink WP (Shipwreck Peak Waypoint) before I start setting up the train. It's fairly simple to get to, just take the Triforge Point WP in Brisban Wildlands and run north into the fort. There's a portal there to the Silverwastes. Run west along the south side of the map to Amber Sandfall, immediately past it to the west is a door in a rock face that has a portal at the back taking you into Verdant Brink and the Shipwreck Peak waypoint.

Again, this train is open to all comers: goons, dentists, whatever pubs want to tag along. The more the merrier! So bring that neglected alt that you just used the lv80 boost on get their elite spec unlocked!

PS: dragging an alt through an HP train is a GREAT way to get mastery XP, so bring as many XP boosting items as you can! The GH has a flat +10% bonus you can get at the tavern, a number of items offer unique XP boosts of +50% from kills, if you have Celebration boosts that's +100% from kills. Enchanted reward boosts and fine (yellow) XP boosts will give you +50% to ALL sources (absolutely killer when doing HP train, you get a lot from map areas and events). A decent amount of foods and utility boosts also offer 10-15% bonuses to kill XP. Lunar new year fireworks give you another +10% to all sources!

Is a Mastery Point train even possible?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

We'll hit up all the easy mastery points along the train route! There's a decent number of channelable and strongbox ones, but the vast majority of them are tied to achievements.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

While it's a terrible time for me it's not so terrible that I won't be asleep every single time. I might bring one or two alts though. Thanks a lot Schpy!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
drat, I'd be at work until or after that time depending on circumstances. I wish I could go.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Incidentally I'm actually going to be around tomorrow (Monday evening US time/Tuesday morning Oceanic time) and can definitely lead a hero point train sometime around reset (once I figure out what time that is because daylight savings finishing here has screwed me up with times) for people that need it.

I'll try and work out times and let people know in advance when I'm going to run it.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Isn't there a reward for doing fractals in order of difficulty? Like 1-25 for one achievement or something.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

lucifirius posted:

Isn't there a reward for doing fractals in order of difficulty? Like 1-25 for one achievement or something.

There was one for doing each fractal in a tier once, but it looks like they removed that one and replaced it with a similar one that's independent of tiers.

Here's the list

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 25, 2016

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I've only begun to start screwing around in Tangled Depths, so I couldn't find that adventure the other night either. Those maps can be a pain in the rear end until you're used to their ins and outs. Fortunately, I was able to do the other three PVE missions for the daily reward.

Unfortunately I'm usually pretending to get swole on Tuesday nights, so I'll probably miss out on the trains.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Arus is this Canada money in our vault?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

murder on the dancefloor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Don't stand in the fire in the disco.

• Locked thread