Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
do yall really think the outcomes would be any different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
How difficult would it be to put the floor cut-out back in? I have no idea how permanent these modifications ever are, but it seems like that plus taking all the stupid winglets off would be a good start towards making the drat things racy again.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cygni posted:

It's a real good article. A little heavy on the old timer 'tudes in places, but I appreciate him pointing out the ebb and flow of ideas and spec racing at the speedway. Indy is the best race in the world and anyone who disagrees is a mid-fart butt.

even I, with as many bad opinions as I have, think the Indy 500 is the greatest spectacle mankind puts on every year

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

VikingSkull posted:

even I, with as many bad opinions as I have, think the Indy 500 is the greatest spectacle mankind puts on every year

Especially now that Prince is no longer with us.

RIP Prince, the Human Spectacle

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I generally don't like ovals but Indy is incredible.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it's like the super bowl if the super bowl were the opposite in every way except its stature

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Um you're forgetting the arirang games.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I won't start posting indy videos until May 1 I PROMISE

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah well in nine days... Delta Force intros everywhere.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Holy crap those LED wheel lights they tested on Bourdais' car are pretty sweet

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I remember that being a joke in some racing magazine like 12 years ago and welp, here we are.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

What did Juan do now?

Also, when was the last time we had seven Hondas in the top ten of a time chart? 2011?

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

IOwnCalculus posted:

What did Juan do now?

Also, when was the last time we had seven Hondas in the top ten of a time chart? 2011?

Something about his move on Bourdais in one of the turns where Juan was being a little too aggressive.

I'm 97% sure this was Chevy (except Bourdais) sandbagging practice in order to make Honda feel better since it's they're title sponsoring this weekend. I fully expect Chevy's to dominate qualifying and the race.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

I remember that being a joke in some racing magazine like 12 years ago and welp, here we are.

I think I remember Andretti running them a long long time ago, although they weren't nearly that good back then.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's P1.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Human Grand Prix posted:

3-4 teams ran them for a few years in CART? They aren't new.

Although they do seem to look better now than they used to.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cygni posted:

3-4 teams ran them for a few years in CART? They aren't new.

Although they do seem to look better now than they used to.

I forgot about that. Also the B02/00 is very sexy, definitely one of my favourite CART cars.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Lightning delay in the middle of a session? Yup, thats an IndyCar weekend alright. Weather is a dick.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Cygni posted:

Lightning delay in the middle of a session? Yup, thats an IndyCar weekend alright. Weather is a dick.

Eh, just put on the lightning tires, it'll be fine.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Top 5 from practice 2: Sato, Hawksworth, Hinch, Power, Rahal. Top 19 within 1 second. Whatever was wrong with the Hondas (or right with Penske/Ganassi) at Long beach doesn't seem to be in play here. Seems more like St Pete.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Let's wait until qualifying.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Aero kits were a good idea, but they've hurt the racing by removing under tray downforce, making it much more topside oriented, AND being a gap between Chevy and Honda. And they don't look substantially different enough to make anyone excited for marketing purposes, while they've lost some of the marketable action from 2012-14.

I'm not sure the long-term solution, but going back to stock DW12 is a good start.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I hate everyone in the Racer comments section, including myself. I must stop reading it.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

IndyCars have a little downforce now: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEhW3lPOPJC/

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Looks like I was semi-right about Chevy sandbagging yesterday with Power and Dixon leading P3 :smugdog:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Oriol with Schmidt and Stefan Wilson with KV for Indy, so that's 33. There are potential deals for Gabby Chaves, Kat Legge, and Saavedra still floating around. Looks like we will have 34-35 entries.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cygni posted:

Oriol with Schmidt and Stefan Wilson with KV for Indy, so that's 33. There are potential deals for Gabby Chaves, Kat Legge, and Saavedra still floating around. Looks like we will have 34-35 entries.

I wish we could have seen Vickers, but I'm happy to see Stefan get a ride. :unsmith:

He's a good guy.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Kat still doesn't have a ride? I thought that was a done deal with Grace Autosport, or have they not come up with funding?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

devmd01 posted:

Kat still doesn't have a ride? I thought that was a done deal with Grace Autosport, or have they not come up with funding?

They are right on the edge of having the money. They were in line for SPM or KV's ride but Stef and Oriol got the full package together before them. Both Grace and Chaves are talking to Shank about his team running BHA's car from last year for them, and Peterson/Saavedra's potential deal is through Ganassi, but they need a crew.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
This is going well

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Been a while since a good clown shoes start.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Chilton blows.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Daly is disappointing. I like his personality.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

George Zimmer posted:

Daly is disappointing. I like his personality.

He is driving for Coyne, after all. Also what he's doing right now owns.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

He is driving for Coyne, after all. Also what he's doing right now owns.

now it doesn't own

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Our Graham might make this race worthwhile.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

thanks for ruining a good battle, takuma

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

thanks for ruining a good battle, takuma

That was Hawksworth dipshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka