Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

So here's a good general question to all the 30k players.
What sort of a special unit would you like to see for your legion? I know for my iron warriors a neat siege gun would be awesome, then they could actually field more artillery than what everyone else can.

A psychic HQ that's not saddled with Support Officer.
Robots.
Psykers in at least one, maybe two, FOC slots for warp charges.

Inferno is going to be awesome later this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Alphas don't need any new special units, we'll just take everyone else's :smug:

Real answer though, would love many, many more Ad Mech robots. Maybe some crazy flying one so we don't need to resort to dull as dirt Navy planes?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

Alphas don't need any new special units, we'll just take everyone else's :smug:

Real answer though, would love many, many more Ad Mech robots. Maybe some crazy flying one so we don't need to resort to dull as dirt Navy planes?

So adorbs.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Mango Polo posted:

So adorbs.

I completely forgot about them! Lil' cute-bot. Fingers crossed they don't suck.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

DJ Dizzy posted:

What are peoples thought on the atrapos? It seems abit too random in that it has the opportunity to just remove models with the vortex rules.

I played against one today and tbh I don't know if a knight Titan needs a flare shield along with its giant 4 plus invuln

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

TTerrible posted:

A reverse hellhound that harvests the tears of iron warriors players.

Olympia's #1 export is salt, sorry for trying to make some form of discussion.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Sorry, I've not played enough to contribute properly so I wanted to get an Iron Warriors dig in as a substitute. :v:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I see no reason for Iron Warriors players to complain as much as they do. That's because I have a Dark Angels army. :shepface:

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Warhammer Fest exclusive man looks pretty hype.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=25095145

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Why the bloody gently caress was this poo poo not available at the weekender, god damnit Forge World.

Looks pretty cool, I have no use for it though.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 25, 2016

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Is anyone here going to Warhammer Fest? Need me one of them limited models.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

What'd be the best application of Perturabo beyond a £70 paperweight? He's striking me as a tank-popper right now.

Run him as Ferrus Manus and bring Medusan Immortals.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

TTerrible posted:

Sorry, I've not played enough to contribute properly so I wanted to get an Iron Warriors dig in as a substitute. :v:

That's fair because some apparently do this.

Stanyer89 posted:

Also I need that siege breaker in my life.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Thinking about legion-specific units that could be neat, I think it would be cool if Sons of Horus had the Mournival as an option for Horus to take. It definitely wouldn't be better than 12 Justaerin but it would be super flavorful to deep strike with those kids and start shithousing.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Stanyer89 posted:

Has his head bit been verified to be separate for easy Isstvan V reenactment funtimes?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Hixson posted:

Koreban you're painting is miles ahead of your 40k stuff you used to paint back in the day. Looks good man

Thanks man, it feels good to be back on the horse again.

I'm hoping to get started on my EC here soon. Got my confidence up and I'm handing over the commission to the buyer today.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

koreban posted:

Thanks man, it feels good to be back on the horse again.

I'm hoping to get started on my EC here soon. Got my confidence up and I'm handing over the commission to the buyer today.

When are you going to enjoy our cancer fun game times with us?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stanyer89 posted:

When are you going to enjoy our cancer fun game times with us?

I'm still at the ~500 pts built level right now. I have to sit down and assemble more spindly, bent resin mans. I'll try to get 1000 points put together in the next week or so and hit you guys up.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

koreban posted:

I'm still at the ~500 pts built level right now. I have to sit down and assemble more spindly, bent resin mans. I'll try to get 1000 points put together in the next week or so and hit you guys up.

I'd be down to play a couple team or free-for-all 1,000 point games. My brother picked up a Calth box and is currently working on his Space Furry Army as well.

By "working on" I mean he has bought the Calth box and is waiting for me to assemble and paint them for him.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think I've posted this picture here before, but I can't remember so I'm :justpost:ing it again

I'm doing Phoenix Spears for all of my sergeants and characters. I've got a plasma Seeker squad to build, Palatine Blades with Phoenix Spears, Veteran Tactical Squad and I still have to buy a Lightning Primaris. I've got models though, and a second Calth box for alternative sculpts and weapon bits.

Just gotta set down and do it.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Finally got my Dreadnaught drop pod in the mail. These things aren't designed to close on their own, are they? Magnet time, I guess.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Bulbasaur can confirm but it looks like the doors are too heavy for the spindly little hinges they come with. I know he magnetized his (before I thrashed the stupid Leviathan inside).

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a cool model and all, but who in their right mind is ever going to take a combi-volkite? What the gently caress even is that? Characters like that can just buy the real thing.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Bulbasaur can confirm but it looks like the doors are too heavy for the spindly little hinges they come with. I know he magnetized his (before I thrashed the stupid Leviathan inside).

aka got dumpstered by everything you looked at and rode on the back of your 1gay Sons teammate.

Git gud scrub.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Stanyer89 posted:

aka got dumpstered by everything you looked at and rode on the back of your 1gay Sons teammate.

Git gud scrub.

Also,

Your army sucks and you should buy a new one.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

How many times have you won? Literally never?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

How many times have you won? Literally never?

"Winning is in the eye of the beholder.' - Wayne Gretzky, 2016

As far as Dreadnought Drop pods go, I know Bulbasaur did something very similar to this:

http://scythesoftheemperor40kchapter.blogspot.com/2016/04/magnetized-dreadnought-dop-pod-build.html

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
When one of you babbys gets so mad he throws a model, everyone wins.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Stanyer89 posted:

"Winning is in the eye of the beholder.' - Wayne Gretzky, 2016
In this case I behold that we've won matches, and you haven't.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

koreban posted:

When one of you babbys gets so mad he throws a model, everyone wins.

It had wings. gently caress me for thinking GW doesn't make functioning aerodynamic models right?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stanyer89 posted:

It had wings. gently caress me for thinking GW doesn't make functioning aerodynamic models right?

I see you have the requisite mounting points for a winner's crown on your head, but here we are.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dreadnaught drop pods are easier to put together than regular ones, but still a major PITA. The doors are super heavy and the hinges tiny and made of brittle resin. I had to use 7 magnets for each door to keep it shut. Even still if I shake it hard enough it's gonna come apart. The first five:

Last 2:

Here you can see where the hinges snapped off on mine. I don't even know how I'm going to fix it. You'll also have to file the hell out of the hatch tops so they aren't cattywampus like in this picture:

One other note. The bottom piece is a giant chunk of resin. I had to pin it to the bottom and use globs of greenstuff in between to make sure the surfaces had enough area to grip. The pinecone thing hanging down from the middle also needed pins due to the weight and how it holds the entire thing together..

SteelMentor posted:

I completely forgot about them! Lil' cute-bot. Fingers crossed they don't suck.

Looking like TWO. Count them- TWO, twin linked havoc launchers!

Hencoe posted:

So here's a good general question to all the 30k players.
What sort of a special unit would you like to see for your legion? I know for my iron warriors a neat siege gun would be awesome, then they could actually field more artillery than what everyone else can.

I didn't think about it until you wrote this, but over the last 10 years FW has released all my childhood favorites. Things I always wanted:
  • Stormhammer
  • MK3 Armour
  • Admech Robots
  • Bombards
  • Thudd Guns
  • Motherfuckin Stormhammer

They've done a lot of cool poo poo. About the only missing thing that I want to see is Dark Admech ROBOTS which they are in the process of making. It would also be cool to see where obliterators came from, even as a generic legion unit. About the only other thing I'd like to see is a resculpt of the shoebox dreadnaught.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
Those loving dread drop pods. Mine is still in a state of semi-assembly. Every one I've ever seen has at least two broken door hinges. My initial plan was to use some heavy duty epoxy to fill the feeble hinge hole and then drill and pin the hatch. The magnet everything guide is a superior plan and I shall now follow it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I was going to follow that guide, but it was so much work to fill those hinge holes and make the perfect magnet hole

Ontop of that the doors weigh 1lb each so those tiny rear end magnets aren't going to hold poo poo shut

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Just glue that poo poo closed and say you can draw LOS through it while conferring a 5+ cover save. Drop pods of any stripe just aren't worth the hassle.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
But my painters pride. I got to paint the inside bits and be able to show them off to WAAC prime-and-play arseholes.

*I at least two tone the interiors of every vehicle I assemble*

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Can I have a SM crewed Baneblade? I see there the EC crewed a Stormsomething or whatever during Istvaan V.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yup. You can have any imperial vehicle from the imperial armour books and give it a space marine crew upgrade for like +20 points (gives it BS4)

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Why would you want to? Is the fellblade not good enough for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

BULBASAUR posted:

Yup. You can have any imperial vehicle from the imperial armour books and give it a space marine crew upgrade for like +20 points (gives it BS4)

where does it actually say this? I cant find it anywhere.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Why would you want to? Is the fellblade not good enough for you?

I can't afford that, but I do have this spare Baneblade.