Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

argondamn posted:

You can reach it without doing either of those things. You can reach it from the Demon Ruins bonfire without any jumps.

Man I must have wildly missed something I guess. Either way I spent a good chunk of time in the Ruins exploring it and grabbing as many items as I could. I'll have to come back later with fire resist gear and Flash Sweat to collect the lava items.

Anyway I like seeing how I can get bosses to bug out.

On Deacons you can knock back the archdeacon into the casket. He'll eventually come back out but it takes a while.

On Curse Tree you can hop onto one of the roots and you won't fall. Not exactly useful since it's not like you can take pot shots at it, but you'll survive the fall once you decide to jump down.

homeless poster posted:

even if the ballista has to blast the ground to open it topside, that thing fires so loving much that i don't think it's possible that anyone could be exploring that zone and not have that hole opened. my first time in the zone i found the worm, said gently caress that and ran the other way,

I didn't want to deal with the ballista so I ran past the worm, did the boss, then began doing the Demon Ruins without ever exploring the lake :shobon: After disabling it I went and gathered everything there and saw the false floor, but by that point it was too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Cart Mountain posted:

Can I keep playing after the last boss and trigger NG+ whenever I want ala DS2 or does it just dump me straight to NG+ like BB?

You can trigger it whenever. I farmed a bunch of souls and bought every item / completed a few leftover quests first.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

If Anri dies against Aldritch when she summons you do you get a second chance?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

homeless poster posted:

even if the ballista has to blast the ground to open it topside, that thing fires so loving much that i don't think it's possible that anyone could be exploring that zone and not have that hole opened. my first time in the zone i found the worm, said gently caress that and ran the other way, found the mute guy who was aggro and killed him, went back out and found a bunch of crabs and said gently caress those too, and then while i was trying to dodge the constant rain of ballista blasts like a crazy bug i saw the hole in the distance and ran for it, not even considering that this is dark souls and it was just as likely to be a trick hole that just insta-kills you. loving ballista rain is so obnoxious i ran into a hole in the ground on the off chance that i could escape the constant bombardment and i was actually right.

I never got the hole, even while exploring the whole thing with the ballista shooting me. I also had to go back and turn it back on to get it to break the one wall that hides a ring.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

argondamn posted:

If Anri dies against Aldritch when she summons you do you get a second chance?

If it's like Sirris' then yes

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

BFC posted:

Lorian and Lothric was the hardest boss for me. I don't know if that makes me an outlier or not

No that one messed me up too. That loving beam attack the first guy (can't remember which one you start out fighting) does in the first phase just completely mystifies me. I have no idea how to avoid that thing and I usually just heal when I see the windup and then facetank it.

e: That plot armor you get in the Greatwood fight during the phase transition is pretty amazing. Yeah sure, let me just take this 90-mile fall with zero damage while everything around me gets completely obliterated.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I also do Yoel every time though; you're a fool if you dont though, since Yuria sells The PvP Rings

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

NTT posted:

I'm pissed that the Well! What is it! gesture isn't in the game.

Welcome does not suffice

I miss the "this guy!" gesture from DS2

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I just started playing after splurging on computer upgrades because I needed this.

I want a giant dog that I can put in dogknight armor irl.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like if you don't do the "call out" gesture while slowly turning around in a circle a la Hulk Hogan you're gesturing wrong.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
drat, seeing Ocelotte for a split second hiding is p. neat. Wonder how easy it is to miss tho.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

There is never a reason to summon 3 phantoms. Assuming it goes by ds2 math, that would be like 2x boss HP for 1 phantom, 4x for 2 phantoms, then like, 8x for 3? not worth it at all

That doesn't sound even remotely close to right. It's probably like 2x for 1 phantom then a little more (but not 4x or 8x) for each additional.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Giant Isopod posted:

Weird. I had to backtrack to the catacombs because I never found Anri in his second spot. He showed up in the church and there was no assassin there.

I then found both him and the dead assassin in darkmoon tomb. I wonder what the distinction is?

I found Anri in her 2nd spot, went to smoldering lake, killed Horace, backtracked and told her I found Horace, then proceeded normally and found both her and the assassin in the church.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I tried to co-op bosses and then solo them, but some I just couldn't be bothered to. I like the series but not in the "I GIT GUD" way, and murdering bosses with strangers is a lot of fun. Helping people curbstomp The Soul of Cinder is made all the funnier by the sad piano music in the background

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

NTT posted:

How to 100% get Anri's quest to work:

talk to anri at halfway fortress

talk to anri before wolnir; you can skip talking to her higher up in the catacombs

tell her you haven't seen horace no matter what

kill horace

assassin + anri will be at the church.

The big trigger is that you must talk to her at the second catacombs location before wolnir.

i don't think you have to talk to her before doing wolnir

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7SAF-So9Pc

my god

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Giant Isopod posted:

Weird. I had to backtrack to the catacombs because I never found Anri in his second spot. He showed up in the church and there was no assassin there.

I then found both him and the dead assassin in darkmoon tomb. I wonder what the distinction is?

It's gotta be the backtracking that fucks it up. If you do Anri's quest in order everything plays out like it's supposed to, but if you miss a conversation and progress too far it gets messed up.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What the hell? I just got parried while the guy's back was turned.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Lotish posted:

What the hell? I just got parried while the guy's back was turned.

parries have a near 360 degree radius

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

I AM BRAWW posted:

drat, seeing Ocelotte for a split second hiding is p. neat. Wonder how easy it is to miss tho.

not many people try to barehand parry the charge so it goes pretty unnoticed

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Luceid posted:

You can what?!

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

turtlecrunch posted:

That doesn't sound even remotely close to right. It's probably like 2x for 1 phantom then a little more (but not 4x or 8x) for each additional.

I got summoned as a 3rd phantom for oceiros, we unloaded on him for around 2k damage, bringing him down about a tenth of his health bar. I went in with one and with 2k he was down about a fifth of his health bar. My math probably isnt right, but its definitely a lot.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

I AM BRAWW posted:

Luceid posted:

liar ahead

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 25, 2016

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

What, what, what, is there a video for this?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FanaticalMilk posted:

What, what, what, is there a video for this?

No, he's just telling a funny "joke"

edit: "funny"

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Illusionary Wall ahead.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I AM BRAWW posted:

What, where? Can you get a picture, is it in the opening cut scene?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I got summoned as a 3rd phantom for oceiros, we unloaded on him for around 2k damage, bringing him down about a tenth of his health bar. I went in with one and with 2k he was down about a fifth of his health bar. My math probably isnt right, but its definitely a lot.

Well, I mean based on your example, three phantoms is double one phantom.

Wiki also has his health as 8000, for what that's worth.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

NTT posted:

I'm pissed that the Well! What is it! gesture isn't in the game.

Welcome does not suffice

im glad it is gone, it's a lovely gesture just like the finger wag

I AM BRAWW posted:

you are not the taint reaper

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

For whatever reason during the second phase of the twin prince fight the first twin's hp bar doesn't seem to scale to the number of summons.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

oceiros and ocelotte were an irritation. there's a potential for some cool stuff lore-wise, but then you never see ocelotte or what it is capable of.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

oceiros and ocelotte were an irritation. there's a potential for some cool stuff lore-wise, but then you never see ocelotte or what it is capable of.

he's more than capable of killing anything that moves.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Holy poo poo I really want to do this now.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Regy Rusty posted:

It's gotta be the backtracking that fucks it up. If you do Anri's quest in order everything plays out like it's supposed to, but if you miss a conversation and progress too far it gets messed up.

there's no way that's right. my first time through, i met them on the road to sacrifice, then didn't see either of them until after wolnir when i went down to boiling lake and found the mute guy aggro in the cave. then after i killed him (and maybe the boss down there?) i went back up to catacombs for some loot i missed and found her in her first (upper) location - didn't tell her i found the mute guy. then i went around, through irithyll, i think all the way to the irithyll bonfire just before it turns into the dungeons (a distant room or whatever it is) and thought it was weird she wasn't in the chapel. i went back to the catacombs, went down to her second location, talked to her again, still didn't tell her that i had found the mute guy & killed him, and then when i warped back to the chapel bonfire she was just there chilling.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

this was incredible thanks

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mazerunner posted:

he's more than capable of killing anything that moves.

:drat:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

homeless poster posted:

there's no way that's right. my first time through, i met them on the road to sacrifice, then didn't see either of them until after wolnir when i went down to boiling lake and found the mute guy aggro in the cave. then after i killed him (and maybe the boss down there?) i went back up to catacombs for some loot i missed and found her in her first (upper) location - didn't tell her i found the mute guy. then i went around, through irithyll, i think all the way to the irithyll bonfire just before it turns into the dungeons (a distant room or whatever it is) and thought it was weird she wasn't in the chapel. i went back to the catacombs, went down to her second location, talked to her again, still didn't tell her that i had found the mute guy & killed him, and then when i warped back to the chapel bonfire she was just there chilling.

People are thinking that progressing significantly further than you did what breaks it, like killing Aldritch

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

15 Concords down, 15 to go :sigh:

I'm at SL61, +3-6 weapon bracket, camping out in Irithyll but I'm not getting any summons. Wasn't there some kind of port-forwarding trick you could do to get summoned more reliably?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I want...allllllll the rings...all of them. ah loving hell im going to have to invade as a dog guard :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

loving incredible