Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
STOP THE loving PRESSES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Blind boxes loving suck and should never have caught on stateside.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well those things are Japanese imports anyway so even if they hadn't you're out of luck.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

STOP THE loving PRESSES.

That got announced months ago, did they change something?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Rage posted:

That got announced months ago, did they change something?

What it should have is an interchangeable logo on the stand representing the various Marvel movies, that way you can switch it out and put him in the line up of whatever Marvel movie you want to.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, nothing changed, just now it's getting ready to come out and it's a fairly awesome idea.

Just wish it came with some accessories like Cap's shield or Mjolnir or something. Dude created a loving universe filled with people and things, he should at least have the option of holding a cosmic cube :colbert:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nah, nothing changed, just now it's getting ready to come out and it's a fairly awesome idea.

Just wish it came with some accessories like Cap's shield or Mjolnir or something. Dude created a loving universe filled with people and things, he should at least have the option of holding a cosmic cube :colbert:

Watcher costume imo

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Dude hired the writers and artists who created a loving universe filled with people and things

ftfy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dude took credit for every loving thing Jack Kirby, Joe Simon and Steve Ditko created

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I, uh, I didn't realize Stan Lee was reviled around these parts.

:yikes:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

I, uh, I didn't realize Stan Lee was reviled around these parts.

:yikes:

He did lots of awesome things. And then he took credit for lots of things he didn't do. Hell he once tried to take credit for creating the Punisher.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Toy request: World of Nintendo 2.5" Tingle toy. If any of you see him, I'll throw cash money your way. As a reminder, the 20% TRU coupon expires tomorrow so use it. I picked up the MKX Kitana I've been keeping an eye on for "cheap".

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Stan Lee is like any other character in Marvel Comics, sometimes he's being written better than others.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I figure he created the marvel universe, and other people stepped in to make the other characters. The point being, dude's basically God when it comes to the MU since as far as I know he was the one who went "poo poo, let's make some awesome comics".

Yea, he hired out a bunch of other people and has taken credit that wasn't due him, but at the same time without him, the MU wouldn't exist.

Therefore, to me, dude needs some kinda marvel doohickey like the shield or the hammer :colbert:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Who cares, he's 94, nerds are about to melt down everywhere when he dies next month, keeping celebrity deathcamp year alive and well, a few months before SDCC, hail satan.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

boom boom boom posted:

these are cute

Before I spend a hundred bucks on 12 of these things from amiami, is there any way to order a single one?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I figure he created the marvel universe, and other people stepped in to make the other characters. The point being, dude's basically God when it comes to the MU since as far as I know he was the one who went "poo poo, let's make some awesome comics".

Yea, he hired out a bunch of other people and has taken credit that wasn't due him, but at the same time without him, the MU wouldn't exist.

Therefore, to me, dude needs some kinda marvel doohickey like the shield or the hammer :colbert:

Kirby is canonically MU God. :colbert:

I want Stan, but not for what it costs. Oh well.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

cyberia posted:

Before I spend a hundred bucks on 12 of these things from amiami, is there any way to order a single one?

eBay?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you mean one blind box, they don't come out for a while yet so sites probably aren't going to offer preorders on single boxes.

If you mean one specific one, then yeah probably ebay.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I forget, what's the thread consensus on Revoltech? I was thinking of buying one but I half-remember a lot of dissatisfied Revol-chat.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Despite Lee's flaws, he's been a fantastic front man and spokesperson for, not only Marvel, but the industry as a whole. He's the face of the company and they'll be lacking that when he's gone.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I forget, what's the thread consensus on Revoltech? I was thinking of buying one but I half-remember a lot of dissatisfied Revol-chat.

I've only got a single Revoltech, but I like it a lot. I don't pose/touch it very often, though, so I can't talk to its quality or durability. It's survived a few moves, etc. since I picked it up in Tokyo in ~2007.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
I'm really into collecting Marvel Legends, and I'm thinking of getting Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Thor. Any bad guys that I can pair with these Avengers (or any of you willing to sell me any?). Also, hat's the best 6 inch Loki? Thanks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Zorglorfian posted:

I'm really into collecting Marvel Legends, and I'm thinking of getting Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Thor. Any bad guys that I can pair with these Avengers (or any of you willing to sell me any?). Also, hat's the best 6 inch Loki? Thanks.

There's only one ML movie Loki, and he runs pricey. $50-75 on ebay. MCU villains haven't really received much of an outing.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Zorglorfian posted:

Movie or regular?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Zorglorfian posted:

Amazon has plenty of villains for cheap: Grim Reaper, Tiger Shark, Constrictor, Bulldozer, etc. - Constrictor is a favorite of mine.

I'll tell anybody who likes Marvel Legends to look at a Marvel Select Abomination: http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Select-Abomination-Action-Figure/dp/B002IUNLLK/

He's bigger than a Legends figure, which makes sense - Abomination should be huge. He's very heavy, but has a lot of detail and a superb paint job. It's one of my favorite figures ever.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Also, if you're needing a Thor/Black Widow/Hawkeye combo, your best bang for your buck right now is the Amazon exclusive pack.

Karnith
Jul 9, 2014

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Revoltechs are of okay quality - the sculpts themselves are usually comparable to Figuarts or Figma quality, and the ones I've purchased come with a lot of accessories. The downsides are that they generally have really big and obvious joints and that the joints are click-y and don't allow a full range of motion (which is often a problem when trying to get them to stand up, particularly as the stands also have click-y joints). This works better for robots but not so well for people.

Given that the price point for Revoltechs is usually above that of Marvel Legends or Black Series but below the Figma or Figuarts level, I would recommend either buying one used on Amiami, Mandarake, or some similar place, or looking for a different high-end brand's version of the figure before going for a Revoltech, if possible. Mafex's Darth Vader is head and shoulders above the Revoltech counterpart, for example, and Mafex, Figma, and Figuarts all make better Iron Man figures.

Karnith fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 26, 2016

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Zorglorfian posted:

I'm personally a huge fan of the Marvel Legends build a figure Thanos from last year. You could probably get a lot of his parts fairly affordably on eBay.

Alternatively, you can probably find the Marvel Select Thanos affordably right now too. It's a more comic classic look, and he's larger, but Thanos is supposed to be a pretty large figure anyway. The plus, is this one comes with Death and the infinity gauntlet, which is kind of badass.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 27, 2016

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Civil War Marvel Legends

- Cap - same as AOU cap

- Iron Man - looks great. Solid toy.

- Nuke - Instantly improved by taking vest off. Good classic Cap villain

- Red Guardian - Looks good but I know nothing about him

- Fury - Really soft plastic. Fury head looks good but no one wants that. The Dirk Anger head is pretty nice.

- Black Panther - Probably the best ML figure in a long time.

- Giant Man - Great BAF. Not sure if it scales properly. Neat that Lang's eyes are visible through the helmet's lenses.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Joe Fisto posted:

- Cap - same as AOU cap
- Iron Man - looks great. Solid toy.
- Black Panther - Probably the best ML figure in a long time.

I was torn on the Cap figure. The paint is 100% cleaner on this one than the AOU figure, and I like the choice of the dark blue and dark brown for his uniform, rather than the classic, bright blue and light brown boots he had on the AOU figure. My only issue with this new, in my opinion superior, figure was that he didn't come with other hands or the Rogers head. Which by the way, if someone has one of those old Steve Rogers heads they don't want, I'll gladly Paypal you a few dollars for it + shipping.

Agreed on the Iron Man, love it. Hopefully Hasbro continues with the blast effects, they bring a lot of value to the figure. Surely they notice collectors paying big money for the Tamashii effects.

Agreed on Panther probably being their best figure in a while. Would have been super easy for them to produce another plain black figure on the BuckyCap body (which their first BP was on) and then call it a day. But they did a lot of sculpting on him which made him really pop. I paid a slightly inflated price for him on eBay, which I usually won't do, and I was totally happy with him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
After watching a friend stream the first two Puppet Master movies, I forgot how good the design for the were. Then I remember they had a figure line back in the early 2000s. Were those figures any good and what scale were they, as all picture I see are just the figures alone.

Karnith
Jul 9, 2014
So in case anyone missed it, Medicom is releasing a Mafex of Knightmare Batman.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Even unmasked Batman looks bored of this poo poo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Huh, his rifle has a joker card on it. What does it meeeeean?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

After watching a friend stream the first two Puppet Master movies, I forgot how good the design for the were. Then I remember they had a figure line back in the early 2000s. Were those figures any good and what scale were they, as all picture I see are just the figures alone.

They are pretty drat good I think. I have almost all of them scattered throughout my home somewhere. Some of them have clothes, fake hair, standard articulation, some effects, decent enough paint/wash.

It's hard to complain about them. They are about 6' tall and you can see in the back they also made a 12" Blade and Decapitron. And yes those are the Puppet Master comic books in the back too. Pinhead could totally take on Hordak.

Torch has glowy eyes (his torch used to light up too). If you want any pics specifically of anyone let me know. I have more around. And one day I'll get the full sized ones they made. One day!

In other news, my Luigi I won from Entertainment Earth came in and now is chilling with his b boy stance with Mario. These are my favorite Mario figures I've seen.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This thing is amazing

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I finally got shelves and got them up! Not much in them currently, but putting them up and cleaning up was a bit much for tonight.

Trying to put together Batman and the Joker on top, found out the hard way that their articulation is horrible. I ended up snapping Batman's waist! So frustrated with that figure. The jokers legs don't even move from his waist, only at the knees apparently. Learned my lesson before I moved on to him. /sigh

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

This thing is amazing

Lucky you, yours had magnets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I finally got shelves and got them up! Not much in them currently, but putting them up and cleaning up was a bit much for tonight.

Trying to put together Batman and the Joker on top, found out the hard way that their articulation is horrible. I ended up snapping Batman's waist! So frustrated with that figure. The jokers legs don't even move from his waist, only at the knees apparently. Learned my lesson before I moved on to him. /sigh

That Batman is known to have massive QC issues. Many shipped broken in package.