Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sakurazuka posted:

They already are.

Do it again though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's amazing to me how millions of people play MOBAs for like 6+ hours a day, how can you play more than two games of Dota or HotS in a row and not want to kill yourself and the entire human race.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

It's amazing to me how millions of people play MOBAs for like 6+ hours a day, how can you play more than two games of Dota or HotS in a row and not want to kill yourself and the entire human race.
there are even more mobas to come too. battleborn, gigantic, paragon, for honor. mobas for miles

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Quest For Glory II posted:

there are even more mobas to come too. battleborn, gigantic, paragon, for honor. mobas for miles

Every MOBA outside of the big three will fail within months. They are moneyholes for everyone involved.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My day yesterday was pretty much literally playing DS3 from 9am until about 1am with a few breaks for food or whatever, I assume that people find other things as consuming as that. Even MOBA's, somehow.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

When I grow up I want to be an esports

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

how do you embed gifvs do you just paste them in

http://i.imgur.com/g80LCb8.gifv

e: nice now i know

Has that dude tattooed the entirety of the fingers on his left hand?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like he drew them on in class with a marker pen.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Steve2911 posted:

Every MOBA outside of the big three will fail within months. They are moneyholes for everyone involved.

The New MMORPGs

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wow they really are

they are really going with the Ba'al Buster pun, they are

they won't stop they are really busting these ba'als

EDIT: "are you saying that people on the moon know about balls?"

"that single ball ravished the moon."

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

My day yesterday was pretty much literally playing DS3 from 9am until about 1am with a few breaks for food or whatever, I assume that people find other things as consuming as that. Even MOBA's, somehow.

As a Dota player, I've never played it as long in one sitting as DS3. I got to 18 hours in two days visiting family.

I want to buy it but I haven't played 2 and I'm pretty sure I won't want to go back to it after 3.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Wow they really are

they are really going with the Ba'al Buster pun, they are

they won't stop they are really busting these ba'als

EDIT: "are you saying that people on the moon know about balls?"

"that single ball ravished the moon."

Okay yes I bought Second just now and look forward to this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
the burger time WE'RE CLOSED NOW commercial is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjJ0Tl3WENQ

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
If you haven't, try playing Second with the Japanese VA. You will not be disappointed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Sakurazuka posted:

I finished two games of Heroes for the daily quest and even winning both of those games pretty easily, I still felt nothing but existential frustration at our species for their failure to comprehend even the simplest tasks, and realized that we're never going to progress much further than poo poo-throwing chimpanzees in our genetic destiny.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Steve2911 posted:

But E-sports.......

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

the burger time WE'RE CLOSED NOW commercial is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjJ0Tl3WENQ

Wreck-It-Ralph made Tapper look like a great place to have a beer.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

If you haven't, try playing Second with the Japanese VA. You will not be disappointed.

But the English voice acting is so good.

I didn't understand why it was becoming a meme, but Edea's "Mrgrgr" sound effect is another gag that somehow becomes funnier the more it happens. It's...it's just amazing in every which odd way. The localization for this game is really spot on, the script's even funnier than Default's script (which was charming but not nearly as lively as this one)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sakurazuka posted:

What are the big 3

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 24, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Probably DotA, LoL and... the Blizzard one?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvxfmnrNj2U

Jay Rust posted:

Probably DotA, LoL and... the Blizzard one?
Heroes of Newhearth?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Heroes of WoW?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

e3 went to the cupboard and the cupboard was bare http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2016

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I would say Dota, League, then depending on perspective HOTS or Smite.

Smite has done well to get into the console gaming market which the other 3 have no interest in. Too bad it's the bone.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Nosgoth, Infinite Crisis, and Guilty Gear 2

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

Heroes of WoW?

Heroes of the League of Ancients?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Awesomenauts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

e3 went to the cupboard and the cupboard was bare http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2016

persona 5 will at least be mentioned that's cool i hope we find out what quarter in 2018 they plan on releasing it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Amped up for Mass Effect Andromeda's advancements in barrel exploding technology.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

A million times this. The English VAs do a fine job but Japanese Edea is unassailable.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's like how Crash and Spyro didn't survive the PS2 era.
I want to leave my reality and join this one where Skylanders never happened

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

But the English voice acting is so good.

I didn't understand why it was becoming a meme, but Edea's "Mrgrgr" sound effect is another gag that somehow becomes funnier the more it happens. It's...it's just amazing in every which odd way. The localization for this game is really spot on, the script's even funnier than Default's script (which was charming but not nearly as lively as this one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OXrzGBUtDw&t=58s

G O O D G R A V Y !

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

skylanders was gonna happen with or without spyro tho

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Motto posted:

anything's up its rear end compared to V, which is about beating up a tree wizard who's evil bc everybody kept sealing all the evil in the same tree

FF6 is about an evil clown that destroys the world and becomes God just for fun.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

FF6 is about an evil clown that destroys the world and becomes God just for fun.

That's not true, it's also about the World's Coolest King conquering the world with a degenerate gambler, an opera singer, and a yeti.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CrashCat posted:

I am not entirely sure what Skylanders even is, and I'm happy that way

New topic: Should I buy Volume tonight at full price or Superhot? Both seem like Extremely My poo poo

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

precision posted:

New topic: Should I buy Volume tonight at full price or Superhot? Both seem like Extremely My poo poo

I've heard pretty excellent things about Superhot, have not played it myself though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

i have volume 33% complete and i'm bored of it. its just stealth puzzles. if you want 100+ of them that explore the use of a bunch of items its for you. if you get tired of mechanics after doing them for the 20th time with glacial iteration on how they are combined don't get it.

superhot is the opposite. its very very short and then you have a bunch of freeplay options that many people consider the actual meat of the game. if you want something with a long campaign then don't get it.

both have stupid stories in their campaigns

skylanders is activision amiibo's. its physical dlc for a game. you buy the figure, you get the character in the game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

how do you embed gifvs do you just paste them in

http://i.imgur.com/g80LCb8.gifv

e: nice now i know

didnt that game suck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didnt that game suck?

It was okay. It would've been better if it designed like a normal platformer instead of trying to do the physics based thing. Also it's Origin exclusive :nallears:

It's quite pretty tho

• Locked thread