Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Chickenfrogman posted:

I really don't like everything about G-Reco. I hate the characters, I don't like the weird as gently caress pacing, I don't like the scattered and fragmented and narrative, I just don't like anything about it besides some of the soundtrack. I get why people like it and it's fine if people do, but I utterly can't stand it at all and I almost dislike it more then I dislike SEED Destiny.

Oh, sorry. After this thread, it's hard to differentiate between "I hate this" and "This is terrible!".

Well then carry on. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Tezzor posted:

Uhhh, didn't you just say the blockade was legal? Now you are arguing that it was illegal but the Republic is still bad because if the person you committed the crime against indemnifies you in writing they won't do anything about it? I mean I guess that is bad, for some values of bad. If Exxon demolishes my house and I write a thing that says "I wanted Exxon demolish my house so it's fine" (and never contradict this which is a big flaw in the stupid plot George thought up) the government is probably not going to punish Exxon anyway.

It's important to dispute these overwrought characterizations of everybody being Corrupt Sellout Conformists Man And Like The World Is poo poo Anyway So Who Cares If I Smoke because interpreting everything as badly as possible is a way to support the stupid theory that George meant to do this all along, because the worse we say our good guys are the more implausible it is that he actually meant to make them good guys. It's a way to say "yes, these characters are horrible idiots, in fact, they're even more horrible than you say, they are so horrible and stupid that no waaay someone could have meant to write them as anything else." A way to acknowledge the terrible writing, characterization and concepts and reappropriate them as deliberate and therefore a brilliant subversion. Except for one small problem: They were not deliberate. The lynchpin is pulled and the argument falls apart which is why they have to do poo poo like double down on the absurdity by postulating that the commentary tracks were an elaborate ruse to fool us

Have you answered yet the question of, if the movies were totally identical but George Lucas said he intended everything to be morally complex with the Republic and Jedi tragically corrupt and inept, would you then think they are good movies?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

porfiria posted:

I always thought the more accurate line would have been, "there are no heroes on any side." Like, who's heroic here? Conehead guy?

People are getting badly confused by the concept of different points of view.

Grievous is a hero to the Seperatists, while the Republic considers him the ultimate villain. The Jedi consider him a minor nuisance (because he's not a sith), and his droid subordinates just think he's an rear end in a top hat.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

People are getting badly confused by the concept of different points of view.

Grievous is a hero to the Seperatists, while the Republic considers him the ultimate villain. The Jedi consider him a minor nuisance (because he's not a sith), and his droid subordinates just think he's an rear end in a top hat.

Different points of view is Obi Wan level BS.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

The sad thing is that Tezzor sometimes comes very close to being right and then veers sharply into the nearest wall.

He correctly identifies Naboo as a decadent resort planet, correctly identifies Padme's uncomfortable mother/son dynamic with Anakin, correctly identifies the authoritarian leanings of the Naboo people, correctly identifies Senator Palpatine's latent despotism....

Then he dismisses all these truths as absurd, and goes back to fixating on George Lucas.

It is insane to read.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think a lot of confusion come from differing definitions of "good guys" and "bad guys". Good guys are generally just the people that audience sympathy lies with, and the bad guys are the people who oppose those good guys. The "good guys" aren't inherently good in an objective, moral sense, nor are the "bad guys" inherently bad. It all depends on the audience's point of view.

In Star Wars, audience sympathy is always presumed to be with the Jedi, thus they're always good guys, even when they're not good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
"Heroes on both sides" isn't about elevating the Separatists, it's about bringing the Jedi down to their level. It's about casting doubt on the idea of heroism in general.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 24, 2016

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
George Lucas himself does a pretty good job of explaining it all in a prologue he wrote for a Clone Wars-era EU novel back in 2003:

quote:

Prologue

The Clone Wars
by George Lucas

For a thousand years, the Old Republic prospered and grew under the wise rule of the Senate and the protection of the venerable Jedi Knights. But as often happens when wealth and power grow beyond all reasonable proportion, an evil fueled by greed arose. The massive organs of commerce mushroomed in power, the Senate became corrupt, and an ambitious man named Palpatine was voted Supreme Chancellor. Most disturbingly, the Dark Lords of the Sith reappeared, after a thousand years of seeming absence.

In the midst of this turmoil, a separatist movement was formed under the leadership of the charismatic former Jedi Count Dooku. By promising an alternative to the corruption and greed that was rotting the Republic from within, Dooku was able to persuade thousands of star systems to secede from the Republic. Unbeknownst to most of his followers, Dooku was himself a Dark Lord of the Sith, acting in collusion with his master, Darth Sidious, who, over the years, had struck an unholy alliance with the greater forces of commerce and their private droid armies.

The turning point came when Count Dooku lured the unsuspecting Jedi into a trap on the desolate planet of Geonosis. Having just discovered the existence of a clone army that had been secretly commissioned for the Republic ten years earlier, the Jedi were well prepared when they confronted the Separatists on Geonosis, but their victory in that heated battle was pyrrhic. It would prove to be merely the opening salvo in a war that would spread like fire across the galaxy and engulf thousands of star systems in the legendary Clone Wars.

Having already been granted emergency powers in the face of the growing threat, Chancellor Palpatine used his ironclad grip on the Senate to seize even greater authority, all in the name of security. To address the urgent military needs of the Republic, he enlisted the Jedi Knights as generals to command the Clone Army. The Jedi valiantly accepted their assignment, though never having served as military commanders, they were unaccustomed to the wages of war. Their ranks, once sufficient to serve as the guardians of peace and justice, were spread perilously thin in the face of this unthinkable challenge. Their relationship with Palpatine grew strained. At the same time, they felt their own power waning even as their most promising new apprentice completed his training and stood poised to fulfill his destiny as the Chosen One who would bring balance to the Force.

The Clone Wars raged for three long years, tearing the Republic apart and spawning countless tales of heroism, bravery, treachery, and betrayal as both sides fought to defend their ideals. As dedicated as the Separatists were in their resolve to create a new order to replace the failing Republic, the Jedi were equally determined to preserve the Republic and defeat the Sith, who they understood all too well were the masterminds of the Separatist movement.They still believed in the Republic, still deemed it a Republic worth saving. Their faith, which gave them superhuman strength in the face of mind-boggling power of the enemy, had yet to be shaken.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 24, 2016

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

porfiria posted:

Different points of view is Obi Wan level BS.

You don't believe people have different points of view?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Cnut the Great posted:

George Lucas himself does a pretty good job of explaining it all in a prologue he wrote for a Clone Wars-era EU novel back in 2003:

That's awesome.

George Lucas is a good man, with a creative mind.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Cnut the Great posted:

You don't believe people have different points of view?

I don't think what Lott Dod thinks of General Grevious is very significant to the story, which is what makes the quote weird.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Can someone fill me in on the central mystery of AOTC- who commissioned the creation of the clone army? Was it intended to be more fully fleshed out and was left on the editing room floor, or was it always intended to be a little bit opaque? Was Syfo Dies (sp?) supposedly in league with Dooku but still an active member of the Jedi when he went to Kamino?

edit: Wish the last line of AOTC was "forget about it Ben, it's Kamino".

Jewmanji fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 24, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jewmanji posted:

Can someone fill me in on the central mystery of AOTC- who commissioned the creation of the clone army? Was it intended to be more fully fleshed out and was left on the editing room floor, or was it always intended to be a little bit opaque? Was Syfo Dies (sp?) supposedly in league with Dooku but still an active member of the Jedi when he went to Kamino?

Originally it was Palpatine, using the name "Sido Dyas" (as in, Sideous). Then Lucas made a typo and spelled it "Sifo Dyas". Then he thought the original name was a little too on the nose, and made Sifo Dyas a real Jedi.

The story in AOTC is that Sifo Dyas either was manipulated into ordering the army or had his identity stolen by Dooku/Palpatine and they ordered the army. Either way, he then died not too long after.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
whole lotta yellow peril bigotry itt towards the federation imo

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Jewmanji posted:

edit: Wish the last line of AOTC was "forget about it Ben, it's Kamino".

Syfo Dias was almost certainly dead during the time he supposedly commissioned the clone army, so it likely wasn't him.

The two biggest hints are that the clone army is conveniently "discovered" both as the Republic is considering creating an army and as the Separatists are mobilizing, and that Count Dooku and his master are both pleased that war has started between them.

While that might be enough to guess that Sideous commissioned the army, Palpatine's awareness and use of Order 66 in the following movie all but confirms it was him.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 24, 2016

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Cnut, your point is made but by dipping into the EU, I fear you have now escalated the conflict to unimaginable levels. It is going to get ugly now. A Pyrrhic victory like Geonosis. God help us all, now.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i don't know how the written word of lucas is any more eu than commentary tracks

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Tezzor posted:

We must believe that Lucas lied about how he wanted to make a film with clear delineations of Good Guys and Bad Guys, a film that paid literally zero attention to any of the grim undertones of Slave War, and that he not only lied but lied without fail, in dozens of statements, consistently over hours and hours, as did everyone else without exception, as a way to trick us into believing he was incompetent and didn't know what he was doing. Or he is an overrated hack who put stuff like clone soldiers and robot enemies and child Jedi and into the films because they were PG friendly business decisions and he thought it would be neat to be able to put his kids and his friends' kids into his films without any consideration of the Deep Ethical Quandaries of these things. Your belief that the former is more likely is a result of your bafflingly cultish fanboyism and not any evidence or logic we can infer.

So one time someone tried to convince me that because of a bunch of reports of unidentified objects by government pilots in the 40s and 50s, it stood to reason that alien spacecraft have been buzzing US airspace for decades. My rejoinder was that even if all those airmen really did see flying saucers rather than random atmospheric phenomena, it was still more parsimonious to assume that what those guys saw was the personal flying machine of some reclusive mad scientist, not an actual alien ship, because as bizarre the Red Skull existing irl is it still requires us to contort ourselves less and make fewer wild assumptions than alien visitors do.

Obviously, the actual answer is that there were no UFOs, alien or otherwise. Similarly, just as it's more likely that George Lucas has machinated you than that he made 900 separate mistakes all of which were thematically consistent with each other, it's even more likely that all the quotes you've dug up don't actually contradict this thread's central thesis in the first place.

Like, okay, he wanted to make a film with clear delineations of good guys and bad guys. Watching the prequels, are you at any point confused who the good guys are? I'm not - it's obviously the Jedi. The good guys are some combination of complacent and corrupt, and their downfall proceeds from those flaws they have, but it's not actually the case that there's any confusion as to who the protagonists are or whether it'd be preferable for Yoda rather than Palpatine to win.

I notice you let the other thread of our conversation slip away. What about my thought experiment? If you looked up all the commentary and found Lucas saying the exact opposite of what he does in Earth-1, but the movies don't change at all, does that change the content of the movies?

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Jewmanji posted:

Can someone fill me in on the central mystery of AOTC- who commissioned the creation of the clone army?
While the Kamoians tell Obi-Wan that Sifo-Dyas commissioned the army, it's Jango that tells him that he "was approached by a man named Tyrannus" Obi-Wan of course follows Jango to Geonosis, but never finds out who Tyrannus is.

The audience does though as Darth Sidious greets Count Dooku as his Sith name: Darth Tyrannus.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

porfiria posted:

I don't think what Lott Dod thinks of General Grevious is very significant to the story, which is what makes the quote weird.

The fact that the Separatists have semi-legitimate grievances is very important to the story.

Instead of resolving the issues that led to all this, the Republic just kills everyone who opposes them.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 25, 2016

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The Repiblic did nothing wrong.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

Have you answered yet the question of, if the movies were totally identical but George Lucas said he intended everything to be morally complex with the Republic and Jedi tragically corrupt and inept, would you then think they are good movies?

No, absolutely not. Even if it were intended as a deconstruction of heroic myth or whatever, the acting, characterization, dialogue and cinematography would remain unconscionably terrible and that's without getting into the question of whether we should really be yelling "give us hell, Quimby"

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Ferrinus posted:

So one time someone tried to convince me that because of a bunch of reports of unidentified objects by government pilots in the 40s and 50s, it stood to reason that alien spacecraft have been buzzing US airspace for decades.

I honestly can not recall the opening to a multi-paragraph post that made me immediately dismiss the remainder as valueless and not worth reading, that's a triumph

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The sad thing is that Tezzor sometimes comes very close to being right and then veers sharply into the nearest wall.

He correctly identifies Naboo as a decadent resort planet, correctly identifies Padme's uncomfortable mother/son dynamic with Anakin, correctly identifies the authoritarian leanings of the Naboo people, correctly identifies Senator Palpatine's latent despotism....

Then he dismisses all these truths as absurd, and goes back to fixating on George Lucas.

These Dark Undercurrents Of Naboo Society are you bringing your weird goon cynicism about everything to bear, and were not anything intended by the author. I can't imagine the kind of disregard for sanity required to take every single stupid idea that falls apart and is completely irrational and loving weird the second you look at it critically in the prequels, and then declare that Actually, this was a genius decision to critically deconstruct blah blah blah. It sounds absolutely exhausting

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Tezzor posted:

No, absolutely not. Even if it were intended as a deconstruction of heroic myth or whatever, the acting, characterization, dialogue and cinematography would remain unconscionably terrible and that's without getting into the question of whether we should really be yelling "give us hell, Quimby"

Wait maybe the lovely filmmaking is Actually a satirical deconstruction of how people think movies should be put together with a basic degree of competence. I don't know; there is nothing to support this, but if we Read these movies really hard,

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
This always gets ignored: how is Windu's decision to kill palpatine the wrong way to do it, while Vader's decision the right way to do it? In both instances they are acting to save what they cherish (the Republic, Luke), they both choose to violently kill him, and they both are aware that an unarmed Palpatine is not a disarmed palpatine.

Obviously I get the intent here, but both are given immensely contradictory statements by the respective trilogies.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Neurolimal posted:

This always gets ignored: how is Windu's decision to kill palpatine the wrong way to do it, while Vader's decision the right way to do it? In both instances they are acting to save what they cherish (the Republic, Luke), they both choose to violently kill him, and they both are aware that an unarmed Palpatine is not a disarmed palpatine.

Obviously I get the intent here, but both are given immensely contradictory statements by the respective trilogies.

Yes these are identical scenes. Everything about them is the same.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yes these are identical scenes. Everything about them is the same.

oh ok thanks

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

In ROTS Palpatine is cowering and whimpering, in ROTJ he's gleefully torturing Luke to death.

Like even if you think the Zodiac killer should be put to death, isn't there a difference between a cop killing him in his home as he crawls away vs killing him as he's actively murdering someone?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Neurolimal posted:

In both scenes, Anakin/Vader is actually in the same position - the observer, watching an enemy be defeated. Once he transitions from observer to actor, the aggressive party is banished into the abyss, and the victim seemingly regains their vitality. The difference is that in Ep 3 the Jedi is an aggressor towards the Sith, while in Ep 6 the reverse is true.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Prolonged Priapism posted:

In ROTS Palpatine is cowering and whimpering, in ROTJ he's gleefully torturing Luke to death?

He's putting on a show for Anakin. The first 5 seconds after Windu stops he is fully capable of shotgunning Windu out the window. There is no nonviolent way to stop Palpatine here without killing him.

computer parts posted:

In both scenes, Anakin/Vader is actually in the same position - the observer, watching an enemy be defeated. Once he transitions from observer to actor, the aggressive party is banished into the abyss, and the victim seemingly regains their vitality. The difference is that in Ep 3 the Jedi is an aggressor towards the Sith, while in Ep 6 the reverse is true.

Sure, I fully understand Vader/Anakin's mindset. I'm talking about the overall film and readings within this thread. Neither are particularly virtuous or villainous attempts to kill Palpatine, yet one is read as an example of Jedi succumbing to the dark side, and the other is read as a saviour bringing balance to the force.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Tezzor posted:

I honestly can not recall the opening to a multi-paragraph post that made me immediately dismiss the remainder as valueless and not worth reading, that's a triumph

You loving coward. You sniveling baby. Face me!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Neurolimal posted:

He's putting on a show for Anakin. The first 5 seconds after Windu stops he is fully capable of shotgunning Windu out the window. There is no nonviolent way to stop Palpatine here without killing him.

He's really not though, what was he going to do if anakin hadn't saved him? shoot more lightning? Anikin says that palpy deserves a fair trial this mean that there must be another way windu agrees and even suggested the same thing but he lets his fear control him and he goes for the killing blow . nothing in that scene suggests that Palpatine is too powerful to contain except Palpatine and mace's fear

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Elfgames posted:

He's really not though, what was he going to do if anakin hadn't saved him? shoot more lightning? Anikin says that palpy deserves a fair trial this mean that there must be another way windu agrees and even suggested the same thing but he lets his fear control him and he goes for the killing blow . nothing in that scene suggests that Palpatine is too powerful to contain except Palpatine and mace's fear

It's easy to say that a better solution -has to- exist. Name a scenario where Windu could have contained Palpatine and brought him to court, starting when he beats Palpatine's lightning.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I do not know but all three of the characters on screen belive it to be possible, why should i doubt them?

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Neurolimal posted:

I see what you're saying, but reading the scene that way chucks a ton of meaning out the window (lol).

First of all, even if it were true, Mace seems to believe that Palpaine actually is physically helpless and can (and should) be executed easily in that moment - he's having a conversation about how the courts are corrupt, not about how Palpatine could recharge his Force Meter at any moment and use Death Lightning. So if we turn this in to a more traditional movie, Mace has Palpatine at gunpoint. You're saying Palpatine has a gun behind his back Mace doesn't know about. It's still wrong for Mace to smoke him while he's cowering on the ground.

Second, Palpatine being able to kill Mace at any time (gun behind his back) removes Anakin's agency in the scene. Mace is toast either way. It makes Anakins decision vastly less meaningful. It also makes Palpatine less compelling - in my interpretation (that he was actually helpless at that moment) he saves himself by having done just barely enough to pollute Anakin's mind - the doubts he'd been sowing save him just as his physical power fails him.

The whole scene is way more interesting and tense if it really is three people squaring off at the limits of their strength, morals, and powers of persuasion. And not just an inevitable puppet show in the Create Darth Vader Plot.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Elfgames posted:

I do not know but all three of the characters on screen belive it to be possible, why should i doubt them?

Because they are not omniscient nor omnipotent?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Prolonged Priapism posted:

I see what you're saying, but reading the scene that way chucks a ton of meaning out the window (lol).

First of all, even if it were true, Mace seems to believe that Palpaine actually is physically helpless and can (and should) be executed easily in that moment - he's having a conversation about how the courts are corrupt, not about how Palpatine could recharge his Force Meter at any moment and use Death Lightning. So if we turn this in to a more traditional movie, Mace has Palpatine at gunpoint. You're saying Palpatine has a gun behind his back Mace doesn't know about. It's still wrong for Mace to smoke him while he's cowering on the ground.

Second, Palpatine being able to kill Mace at any time (gun behind his back) removes Anakin's agency in the scene. Mace is toast either way. It makes Anakins decision vastly less meaningful. It also makes Palpatine less compelling - in my interpretation (that he was actually helpless at that moment) he saves himself by having done just barely enough to pollute Anakin's mind - the doubts he'd been sowing save him just as his physical power fails him.

The whole scene is way more interesting and tense if it really is three people squaring off at the limits of their strength, morals, and powers of persuasion. And not just an inevitable puppet show in the Create Darth Vader Plot.

I'm not saying Palpatine could kill Windu at any moment, only that Palpatine is only momentarily helpless as a result of Windu's decision to execute him. While Windu has no intention if keeping Palpatine alive, there is no situation at that point where he can even do so. If the idea is to incapacitate him, then Windu is not yet at that point seeing as he immediately kills Windu once he's disarmed (hah). If the point is to stop and demand he comply, well thats kind of silly considering what we now know, and considering that they did that in the first place; we're at the "or else" part.

Since you bring up traditional films, in this scenario the hero would go "I shant kill this helpless knave!", then said Helpless Knave pulls out a concealed weapon as the hero leaves, and the hero turns around and kills him (in Virtuous Noble Self Defense). Windu is incapable of doing this as a result of the scenario in question, and the end results would have been exactly the same.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

At that point Palpatine has already won. Windu and the Jedi should never have let it get to that point and it's far too late for anything good to happen in that room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Tezzor posted:

These Dark Undercurrents Of Naboo Society are you bringing your weird goon cynicism about everything to bear, and were not anything intended by the author. I can't imagine the kind of disregard for sanity required to take every single stupid idea that falls apart and is completely irrational and loving weird the second you look at it critically in the prequels, and then declare that Actually, this was a genius decision to critically deconstruct blah blah blah. It sounds absolutely exhausting

Tezzor.

Tezzor.

Tezzor, you wrote the post about Naboo's 'dark undercurrents'. Don't you remember? Here it is again:

Tezzor posted:

It's where all the galaxy's pedos go to practice their choice of lifestyle free from criticism. We see this from its Classical Grecian/Roman aesthetic, the fact that Padme entertains 8 year old Anakin's romantic advances and later enters into a sexual relationship with him, why they elect a creepy unmarried man as their Senator, and why they have teenage girls in elaborate costumes as their leaders, because the primary voting bloc is really really into being dominated by skinny teens dressed like an anime.

-You said Naboo is a decadent, hedonistic society.

-You said that Naboo's elected Senator is 'creepy'.

-You said Padme is taking advantage of a child.

-You said the Naboo people like to be dominated.

-You criticized Padme's leadership.

All these ideas came from you. You watched the film, collected textual evidence, and generated an interpretation all by yourself.

The only dishonest thing you did was 'lol-randomly' calling the characters pedophiles instead of just, accurately, calling them rich.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 25, 2016

• Locked thread