Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

KicksYouInHalf posted:

It depends on what my wife feels like but I'd say 80% of the time we are against intermediates.

Tell your wife to stop sucking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

6v6 twisted treeline is the best chillout just-for-fun game mode and i wish it was permanently available

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

mistaya posted:

URF... really isn't all that fun. It's just whoever gets more of: Fizz, Alistair, Malzahar, and Maokai. Which is not to say your team couldn't have got them too, but your team is going to inexplicably get Heimerdinger, Vayne, and Illaoi 5 times in a row instead.

Bring back Ascension.

It definitely sucks but malzabar is garbage in this mode

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

It definitely sucks but malzabar is garbage in this mode

if he's left alone for 0.5s AD Malz will take an inhibitor no matter how many turrets are left

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Oh word

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
now that urf is over, i will permit everybody to know the secret to winning: kennen

1) instant hit attack from e that can be comboed into w and r murders kiters like shaco and fizz
2) long range poke from q allows you to keep away from heavy hitters like pantheon, alistar, etc.
3) once you have echo and wota you can sustain forever and delete other ap champs with one unavoidable combo

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Xin Zhao is the best in URF mode because you instantly refresh your W and E cooldown on every auto attack with Q, and you get 50% bonus AS which means once you finish rageblade you go around making GBS threads out 20 autos in a few seconds and sustaining a billion health off your heal's ratios

stump collector
May 28, 2007
wow yes every champion shits damage and skills and CC in the no cooldowns and speed mode

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I mean, fizz/shaco are the best in terms of being annoying which is the only metric that matters.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
ADCs are kinda lovely but yeah

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

exethan posted:

wow yes every champion shits damage and skills and CC in the no cooldowns and speed mode

yes but xin zhao is all targeted abilities so you dont even need to try to win

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I find Wukong to be very annoying. Just infinite invis and dashes made him hard to shutdown if he got ahead.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only found true success in URF once I accepted the truth that is only play Zyra.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 25, 2016

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

I find Wukong to be very annoying. Just infinite invis and dashes made him hard to shutdown if he got ahead.

Yeah, you pretty much have to get a red trinket because W at level 5 means he'll go invisible again before you can actually target him with your mouse.

My go to URF champion is Urgot, weak early game, but once you get the Death Dance and some levels in W you're starting to have fun, people will underestimate how much you can tank with the sustain from DD and the shield spam.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I played kindred for most of my urf games over the weekend, and it was super fun. Drop the W and hop around forever to juke skill shots and do damage. That said, I am happy it's only around for a couple days because I was bored of it by last night

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I need to pick up Kindred. I always wanted a good Marksman Jungler.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
These temp game modes need to last more than just the weekend. That wasn't enough URF.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm so happy urf is gone.

Fiora is rear end. All of the metrics by which you could measure her say she's rear end. She's not going to show up in pro play anymore either because she's rear end. Trying to balance scaling %true damage is a horrible idea, please rework her again.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

These temp game modes need to last more than just the weekend. That wasn't enough URF.

Eh, URF PvP gets old quick because you run into too many teams of super strong picks, so you don't get to experiment much without being pounded into the dirt. I wish they'd keep URF customs around though, and I really wish they'd brought back URF bots, because in those you can try any old substandard pick.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A weekend is exactly long enough for Urf. Beyond that a meta starts to solidify and there aren't enough bans to prevent a game from having at least a handful of the exact same powerpicks.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Tell your wife to stop sucking

no

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

A weekend is exactly long enough for Urf. Beyond that a meta starts to solidify and there aren't enough bans to prevent a game from having at least a handful of the exact same powerpicks.

this is also true of the main game and has been the case for at least 4 years now

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

seizure later posted:

this is also true of the main game and has been the case for at least 4 years now

Not really, no. League has a lot of strong champions but it isn't the same as Urf where there are a number of champions who are extremely abusively overwhelmingly strong and your choice is ban or hope their player is inept enough to not function. The recent season has been particularly bad even for Riot but even full power tank Ekko is nothing compared to the way Urf shapes up as an intentionally unbalanced game mode.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Elentor posted:

I only found true success in URF once I accepted the truth that is only play Zyra.

In All for One mode we discovered that a team of Zyra can easily take the baron at 20 minutes without taking any real damage. And they take it FAST

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

In All for One mode we discovered that a team of Zyra can easily take the baron at 20 minutes without taking any real damage. And they take it FAST

Now there's a mode I'm waiting for. I can't wait for people to pick "OP Lux" and then lose to 5 Banner of Command.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Safety Scissors posted:

I'm so happy urf is gone.

Fiora is rear end. All of the metrics by which you could measure her say she's rear end. She's not going to show up in pro play anymore either because she's rear end. Trying to balance scaling %true damage is a horrible idea, please rework her again.

Fiora is awesome and fun and the only people that complain about her kit are idiots that don't know how to outplay their lane opponents. Yes I am a Fiora main. No she is not impossible to balance. She is probably fine with a sub-50% winrate anyway since she is a champion that scales with familiarity and skill.

"all of the metrics by which you could measure her" is an interesting way to say "my opinion is the only one that matters"

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 25, 2016

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

How Rude posted:

Fiora is awesome and fun and the only people that complain about her kit are idiots that don't know how to outplay their lane opponents. Yes I am a Fiora main. No she is not impossible to balance. She is probably fine with a sub-50% winrate anyway since she is a champion that scales with familiarity and skill.

"all of the metrics by which you could measure her" is an interesting way to say "my opinion is the only one that matters"

I mean, even the perennial excuse for "no this champ is good honest!" of winrate by games played struggles to hit 50%. So it is the only opinion that matters in a practical context. She was at ~50% overall in dynamic prior to her 6.6 dumpstering. I agree that scaling true damage isn't impossible to balance, but pulling it back probably was the correct choice in the long run. She needs something else to compensate for it, though, like making her passive pops give a short-duration shield instead of a piddly heal.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

henkman posted:

ADCs are kinda lovely but yeah

adcs reliant on right clicks are useless in urf just to spite you

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

twitch is pretty good

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Kokoro Wish posted:

I need to pick up Kindred. I always wanted a good Marksman Jungler.

Bad news

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

He'd have better luck with Quinn or Graves

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

n-no...

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

quote:

"Your team has X seconds to remake the game because a player dc'd and no kills occurred. Vote to end the game by typing /remake in chat.
Only the dc'd player will take a loss. This vote can only occur once."

nice

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vKpfxHU6oc

blast from the past time

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hey all... trying to play this game but other summoners keep toxicing me. Any tips? Trying to keep a good attitude.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hey all... trying to play this game but other summoners keep toxicing me. Any tips? Trying to keep a good attitude.

mute all at the beginning of every game. Enjoy!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

The summoner spell "barrier" now protects you from flames.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ok. I'll try muting my fellow summoners.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Don't be scared, homie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Flame is part of the game - diamondprox

• Locked thread