Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

All right, Moy & Giella, I'm calling Chekhov's gun on this one. You can't keep bringing up parkour and not show us parkour. I demand parkour in this Mary Worth arc, stat!

Some of the best teachers she's known are good people.

But not all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Rex Morgan has to be the most unrealistic and escapist comic strip that is currently being posted in this thread, Jesus Christ.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Unrealistic Excapist Comix

That's still dog piss, he just carries it around like that for ease of use.

Ballard Street

It eventually turned into a Snake impression contest, which devolved into an argument that ended up destroying box club and most of the club's boxes. In fairness, that one guy's Keifer Sutherland impression was really good, and everyone else's David Hayters were middling at best.

Lost Side of Suburbia

And that concludes The Takers.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Outland

Skipping December 20th, 1992, as it's a repeat, allegedly due to Breathed having his non-drawing arm partially severed while boating with Navy SEALs.

Ripley's

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

RandomFerret posted:

Unrealistic Excapist Comix

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has taken a strange turn.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I am back from my weekend at PAX East. My legs and shoulders are killing me and my voice is shot. Let's do some catch-up!

The Classic Dinette Set

Working Daze
The first one is the Prince tribute. You have been warned.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Eh, aside from the corner box, the Working Daze Prince strip isn't terrible. Certainly better than Gilchrist's might be.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

A couple days old, but god drat is the the dumb jock we're supposed to hate the only decent human being in this strip.

He tries to set up his co-worker, who's constantly rude to him, on a date, takes him to the gym to get in shape, gives him free beer, and still gets hated on. I mean maybe I'm misreading author intent and we're not supposed to hate him, but he seems like the nicest dude, and his only shortcoming is a bit of bravado and not liking nerd poo poo.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Very sorry for the repeats, folks. Working the weekend has thrown me for a loop. I'm also having trouble finding new comics for a few strips - Mr. True has been very difficult to find, lately.

Hopefully these are new to you!

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Prince Valiant

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Because I know someone will ask, here is what is happening:

They are having a walk, and Arlo thought it'd be funny to move these peoples gnome, and Janis is power walking away because she is super embarrassed.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Pluggers is just loving with us at this point, isn't it?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Oh poo poo Fritzi is a barn owl run

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

Bob should've bought a Paperwhite.

The Phantom

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Is that... a cowboy hat? A gigantic tooth?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County marks a very important day.

Skippy (February 25, 1929)

Today's Peanuts is all about crushing dreams. (April 28, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (February 27-28, 1929)

Thimble Theater (November 12, 1929)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I just want to state my joy that Rip Haywire did that whole universe reboot only to brutally gently caress with the people on GoComics who angrily state that Rip should be with Cobra all over again :allears:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

And if Hojo doesn't get 'em, his brother Elwood will.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine

I've got a Kindle Keyboard that's years old now and you can read it in full sunlight with no problems. Pastis doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Not all e-books are created equal.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

my last local bookstore had to close because everyone went to the library instead

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Really Pants posted:

my last local bookstore had to close because everyone went to the library instead

Everything has a cost.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Darthemed posted:

Not all e-books are created equal.

I am a bit baffled as to what e-reader Bob invested in as even the tablet ones (iPads and the like) have auto-adjusting brightness specifically to mitigate glare. Like, did he buy a Nook? That poo poo's on you, Bob.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Edge of Bow Chicka Wow Wow

I'd take this tender love scene more seriously if a) the guy's hair didn't totally remind me of Mitt Romney, b) she wasn't grabbing him by the throat, and c) I could figure out what the hell is up with her leg.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Darthemed posted:

Eh, aside from the corner box, the Working Daze Prince strip isn't terrible. Certainly better than Gilchrist's might be.
Personally, I thought the Wallace and Grommit one was far more awful. All WD strips are "Hey! Look at this think you know! Pretty neat huh? That thing sure is geeky! But I love it, and so do you! Yay!"

F Minus

Oh those scientists! It's probably to study his reactions to the chemtrails.

Mary Worth

I think I see where this is going. That's right: to the art museum.

Rex Morgan Md

"How about you azalea bushes, would you like some coffee?"

Secret Agent X-9

The signal for "scuttling gang on the loose" is two red flares, a white flare, and then another red flare, followed by two white flares, then a pause, then another white flare and a red flare, but not at the same time, just one right after the other.

Apartment 3-G

This is like the 70s equivalent of blogging about it.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 2, 1951)

Barnaby (September 7, 1942)

Nancy (May 17, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 28, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 26, 1923)

Today I'm adding Lil' Abner to my dailies. One of the most popular strips in the world during its prime, Lil' Abner focuses on the titular Lil' Abner Yokum, a hillbilly from the town of Dogpatch, and his various misadventures.

Lil' Abner (October 12, 1936)

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine

If you want bookstores to not close, buy your books at bookstores instead of online or Costco, Walmart, etc. Big box stores intentionally take a loss on books because they can afford to and it gets you in the door to buy big ticket items they actually profit on. Barnes & Noble can't afford to do that. Borders couldn't afford to do that and now they're gone. E-books are a drop in the loving bucket. (source: too many drat years working in bookstore management)Don't shame e-book users; at least they're reading something.

Everything Counts fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 25, 2016

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Pastis knows that comics about SOME GIZMO will score him points with the Pluggers of the world.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Shugojin posted:

I just want to state my joy that Rip Haywire did that whole universe reboot only to brutally gently caress with the people on GoComics who angrily state that Rip should be with Cobra all over again :allears:

I think Rip and Breezy are one of my favorite comic strip couples.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

treasureplane posted:

Today I'm adding Lil' Abner to my dailies. One of the most popular strips in the world during its prime, Lil' Abner focuses on the titular Lil' Abner Yokum, a hillbilly from the town of Dogpatch, and his various misadventures.

Lil' Abner (October 12, 1936)

Keep a close eye on this one. The last time we checked in on Li'l Abner, it was a random three month loop of repeats because presumably the Al Capp estate doesn't know how to play Internet.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Oh, so Rocky has a job cutting fabric in this death trap?

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set knows size matters.

Working Daze thrusts.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix just wants to make sure you're clear on this.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Selachian posted:

Edge of Bow Chicka Wow Wow

I'd take this tender love scene more seriously if a) the guy's hair didn't totally remind me of Mitt Romney, b) she wasn't grabbing him by the throat, and c) I could figure out what the hell is up with her leg.

Why is the chocolate fountain in the back pouring over that poor Buddha's head? (Yes I know its a tree but James Allen's high-school traced flyer-quality art isn't helping) Also, DC's gonna sue this strip's rear end off even though they left off the generic winged symbol on Adam Strange's helmet.

That does not look like a very comfortable embrace, not even discounting the bad TinTin hair and the lady about to fall asleep. Wakey wakey, looks like someone's in for some hot chiropractic action!

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 25, 2016

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Back to the comics factory!

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Daly_(radio_and_television_personality)

Wee Pals

Andy Wifebeater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons