Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
do you want to rule the world in a big group with a lot of really bitter assholes or do you want to be in a small group with a lot of really bitter assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Beeme posted:

Is this a bad time to start playing EVE with Goons?

Its actually is the best time.

I wouldn't get too distracted by all the ~lets splinter goons~ efforts of various people.

- "The Imperium" is the biggest and most prominent corp and has a good newbie processing from I have been told. (I am here myself but I don't know wtf.) Go here if you want to work with internet important people and get internet important. (It can actually be fun if you like the actual game.)

- "Groon" will treat you like the poo poo you are, and its all about wreaking havoc while doing gay moves infront of your webcam to finance your next 20 Rifters. (Its the best choice.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yw403GMyDw

- DJ "Ten Dollar Bond" is like when I think about ye olden times in World of Warcraft when I was an important officer in Molten Core Raiding and I want that time back. I am 40 now and last time I fell for Wildstar and by now I think its all poo poo and a waste of my time -like EVE actually- but YMMMV. DJ is a good guy but he will quit in a few months because he will lose interest: rightfully so. Here is a Cheer video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKbwR7WXN4

Oh and the rest: its people that have a super complicated history with everything and are very good at the game - you will be tested in a lot of ways and a lot of complicated things and all that, I don't care about those as I get mostly rejected when I ask now and then if they want to have me with them.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
I am also mildly drunk by now. Don't judge. Thanks.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

dogboy posted:

Oh and the rest: its people that have a super complicated history with everything and are very good at the game - you will be tested in a lot of ways and a lot of complicated things and all that, I don't care about those as I get mostly rejected when I ask now and then if they want to have me with them.

By that I mean its PL (Pandemic Legion) who have a hategrudge against us for several years I don't know and sadly doing pretty bad at this. They throw pretty complicated and expensive ships at us now and then but they are actually a small group of people that happen to use buffer groups of "other people" regularly which they poo poo on right after whatever superduper event they planned in advantage.

Its really a recurring thing. Lie down with the dogs, wake up with fleas. (In this case: wake up with your poo poo killmailed because ElitePVP need juicy killmails.)

I hope we piss all over you PL guys and all your plans like we did a lot over the last years and make you even more mad because you suck hahaha.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Well, chill thread, I guess I missed out on the sunday roam today (not sure if it happened or not) so I did a little exploration in highsec. Found a mid-grade ascendancy delta BPC that I got all excited about because I thought it might be worth about half of the implant cost. Turns out that 1) you can't put up contracts on a trial account and 2) it's on contract for about 10mil anyway, not the 100+ I was hoping. There was another 22mil worth of crap in the can, assuming it sells. That's more than my wallet!

About 10 minutes later I helped out a dude that had jumped into a wormhole, forgot to bookmark it, warped to a moon and got blown up by a POS. Guess he had a bunch of implants and didn't want to jump to a med clone?

Also, I went into Amarr to try and see these NPC titans that are supposed to be in system for the tournament, but couldn't find any. Are they actually there or am I mistaken?

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
this is getting decidedly unchill

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

the post right above yours is super chill, it balances out the unchill so i approve

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

dogboy posted:

I hope we piss all over you PL guys and all your plans like we did a lot over the last years and make you even more mad because you suck hahaha.

:smith:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Ben Smash posted:

this is getting decidedly unchill

I agree, it needs to be more chill.

Jazzzzz posted:

Well, chill thread, I guess I missed out on the sunday roam today (not sure if it happened or not) so I did a little exploration in highsec. Found a mid-grade ascendancy delta BPC that I got all excited about because I thought it might be worth about half of the implant cost. Turns out that 1) you can't put up contracts on a trial account and 2) it's on contract for about 10mil anyway, not the 100+ I was hoping. There was another 22mil worth of crap in the can, assuming it sells. That's more than my wallet!

About 10 minutes later I helped out a dude that had jumped into a wormhole, forgot to bookmark it, warped to a moon and got blown up by a POS. Guess he had a bunch of implants and didn't want to jump to a med clone?

Also, I went into Amarr to try and see these NPC titans that are supposed to be in system for the tournament, but couldn't find any. Are they actually there or am I mistaken?

Usually the blueprints are a lot cheaper than the final product, since it's just the means to get the thing and not all of the materials that also go into it. Selling blueprints isn't really a bad idea though if you're not planning on building the thing you found.

I think the NPC titans may have just been in Amarr while the tournament was happening, but I'm not entirely sure, since I have been running around doing industry stuff and haven't been in Amarr for a few days.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dogboy posted:

By that I mean its PL (Pandemic Legion) who have a hategrudge against us for several years I don't know and sadly doing pretty bad at this. They throw pretty complicated and expensive ships at us now and then but they are actually a small group of people that happen to use buffer groups of "other people" regularly which they poo poo on right after whatever superduper event they planned in advantage.

Its really a recurring thing. Lie down with the dogs, wake up with fleas. (In this case: wake up with your poo poo killmailed because ElitePVP need juicy killmails.)

Hi, in the spirit of :eonwe: we like to chillpost and avoid the dumb slapfighting over an equally dumb spaceship video game.

You should take your sperging and "d-name" level posting to the other thread. You'll fit right in.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 25, 2016

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
hey chill thread i want to start doing industry cause stuff like t2 and t3 production looks like i print money. since we uh, don't exactly have any space atm, i'd be doing it in highsec. does anybody have experience with it and want to tell me what i need isk wise/skills wise to run a decently profitable production chain

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Hi, in the spirit of :eonwe: we like to chillpost and avoid the dumb slapfighting over an equally dumb spaceship video game.

You should take your sperging and "d-name" level posting to the other thread. You'll fit right in.

this is rude dont be rude

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i already know basics like that i would need a pos for t3 production and invention but otherwise i am a tiny baby when it comes to industry

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Altran posted:

Ok I have been on pl.pl forum for my phorde spy (can you even call it a spy?), and I stumbled upon snigg public recruitment thread, one of the question that gets asked alot in there is to post a dread travel fit, and someone even went as far as saying none of the thread in the recruitment forum is correct. i am just curious, what is a correct dread travel fit? i think the inquirer didn't gave enough information , do i expect to travel with a group, or solo? am i using jump drive or star gates, etc...

I think they would be satisfied with an answer like, I'm not eating space aids for a 3 billion ISK ship, and I'd rather buy it on site or just exclude myself from dread pings when we get wherever you were looking to travel to.

If I have to travel with a dread I'd rather just keep a mobile depot and a MWD on hand. You can get dreads to enter warp in one MWD cycle with as little as a leadership booster in fleet with Skirmish Warfare V trained. So in the sense of gate travel just MWD cycle like the supers should be doing. For jump travel you can dock or your Nag should have cap injectors anyway since you should be ninja sieging.

But for the most part a dread fit of mine is no different from a combat fit save for a mwd and a mobile depot.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I'd also like any tips on t2/t3 production, because all I really know how to do is build t1 stuff. Research for the blueprints seems like it might be straight forward, but I haven't looked into it much as of yet.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
A lot of those questions sound plausible to most people but to some people it's like asking how you would fit your Avatar for mining ice.

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i like girl drinks, ive never liked the smell of alcohol and that means i dont like the taste

except i like long islands which are basically the booziest things in the world

Rum punch, Mai Tais, Long Islands.

See we have girly drinks in common.

a lot of people do and i dont know why

It's your thighs

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I mean for the most part it almost sounds like t3 production is a lot more straightforward than t2, since you just need wormhole gas and a pos to mix it in basically.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is rude dont be rude

D-name posters are subhumans though. :confused:

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

D-name posters are subhumans though. :confused:

Decidedly unchill, friend.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
my god this thread still exists

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
:420: dudes Err body chill or this thread might not exist :smith:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

There are other threads to go be unchill in.

In other news I went and looked at the Avatars in Amarr, since I was told they were still there. They're hanging out around the Emperor Family Academy station if anyone else wants to also go look at them making a sweet gladiator arena circle.

e: I took a picture.

Xenothral fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 25, 2016

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Xenothral posted:

There are other threads to go be unchill in.

In other news I went and looked at the Avatars in Amarr, since I was told they were still there. They're hanging out around the Emperor Family Academy station if anyone else wants to also go look at them making a sweet gladiator arena circle.

e: I took a picture.

Thank you, I flew into Amarr tonight looking for these but didn't want to spend a bunch of time warping to everything in the system - I'll go check them out!

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Xenothral posted:

I mean for the most part it almost sounds like t3 production is a lot more straightforward than t2, since you just need wormhole gas and a pos to mix it in basically.

the invention might be more straightforward but u also need a whole bunch of data and relic bullshit and a whole shitload of towers im p sure

i have lightly dabbled in polymer reactors. just that one step is a pain in my rear end and requires a dedicated tower for one (1) reactor for one polymer and im assuming you gotta use all the polymers to create the components. for any sort of reasonable returns you probably need a bunch of towers

but i am not an industry duder

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you really only need the one tower, since you're probably not making your own fancy moon materials

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Oh man, I completely forgot about the reverse engineering part of t3 stuff. I guess if you're just making components you don't actually need to do that part, but it seems like probably a large part of the money you'd be making out of the whole thing.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The funniest part of this war over reddit between horde, KF, BNI, and test are the newbies that instantly hate the other group(s).

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

do you want to rule the world in a big group with a lot of really bitter assholes or do you want to be in a small group with a lot of really bitter assholes

you seem to be more bitter then anyone else about this :v:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah no guy, speaking the truth aint being bitter

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am catching up on threads and there are a lot of posts in the other thread. I hope everyone is doing well and I appreciate this thread being so good.

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
Surprising lack of drunk posts.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Oh whups that was supposed to go into another thread but I got a little confused having a few beers and waiting for Game of Thrones to start!

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

VideoGames posted:

I am catching up on threads and there are a lot of posts in the other thread. I hope everyone is doing well and I appreciate this thread being so good.

You have been banned before?!

What is FYAD about? I have feeling that it's a like ban requesting service, because (might be coincidence) most of the posts (very few) I read there shows the user has been banned for the post.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

frozenpussy posted:

I think they would be satisfied with an answer like, I'm not eating space aids for a 3 billion ISK ship, and I'd rather buy it on site or just exclude myself from dread pings when we get wherever you were looking to travel to.

If I have to travel with a dread I'd rather just keep a mobile depot and a MWD on hand. You can get dreads to enter warp in one MWD cycle with as little as a leadership booster in fleet with Skirmish Warfare V trained. So in the sense of gate travel just MWD cycle like the supers should be doing. For jump travel you can dock or your Nag should have cap injectors anyway since you should be ninja sieging.

But for the most part a dread fit of mine is no different from a combat fit save for a mwd and a mobile depot.

That's ages ago, Xolve has answered it quite thoroughly, turns out "travel" dreads are called when the target you are dunking isn't within 5 AU, if I was forced to travel alone, I would just have a pack of cyno ships fitted and plenty of Ozone, cyno to stations only.

Also the new dread HAW guns on sis is quite over powered, they shred battleships with ease.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
they then get obliterated to gently caress and back by normal gun dreads/titans which is what ccp is pushing CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

In an abstract way of course, I bet most people in PL are nice and chill people IRL - I mean even Fozzie looks like a nice and sympathetic guy on the fanfest streams that I'd have a beer with, although I consider the changes his name got tagged on objectively bad and all that; but time will tell I guess.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
And where do those headaches and that thirst come from? Goddamn.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

dogboy posted:

And where do those headaches and that thirst come from? Goddamn.

You are hungover, and you know it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please be nice to each other, thank you

• Locked thread