Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i cant go see miku on a goddamn wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

i cant go see miku on a goddamn wednesday

If you're not willing to weasel out of work and cancel all other engagements to go see Miku on a Wednesday then I can't help but question your devotion

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm playing through Persona 4 for the first time and I fail to understand why people enjoy this game.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

please enjoy your japanese high school life

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Slur posted:

I'm playing through Persona 4 for the first time and I fail to understand why people enjoy this game.

It's because it's good

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Slur posted:

im only playing P4G for the first time now, first persona game I've ever played. I really like the characters, story is fun, the JRPG battling is pretty good. helps that the presentation is great, too. Maybe people overrate it but personally I'm really enjoying everything in it a lot.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Slur posted:

If you have literally just started playing it then I am not surprised since it starts with 4 hours of boring set up.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Slur posted:

Naoto

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Naoto, like the rest of the girls in the party, is bad.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Butt Ghost posted:

Eh I just went with whoever I liked for final party since MC will solo if worse comes to worst. Also the SP ring is great with almighty dmg.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Butt Ghost posted:

Way to spoil it forums user Butt Ghost

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Naoto is strong + should've been the main character

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The story in Persona 4 Arena was dumb but I liked that Naoto's story mode segment was like her own detective visual novel or something

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Naoto is boring as hell, you get to fistfights bullies with Chie.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Failboattootoot posted:

If you have literally just started playing it then I am not surprised since it starts with 4 hours of boring set up.

I assume it picks up after that?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Slur posted:

I assume it picks up after that?

You're on pretty heavy rails until you've finished the first real dungeon, then your options for how to spend time really open up

e: I'd say the 6-8 hour mark is when you know for sure if you're going to enjoy the game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh poo poo Severed comes out Tuesday and looks fuckin amazing

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Erg posted:

You're on pretty heavy rails until you've finished the first real dungeon, then your options for how to spend time really open up

e: I'd say the 6-8 hour mark is when you know for sure if you're going to enjoy the game

There's something really oppressive about the time-limit environment, where you have to choose how to use your time so carefully. I feel as if the game is going to screw me over at any moment if I choose the wrong way to spend my day.

Should I worry about this too much?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the only way you could possibly go wrong with the time management would be to go home every single day, and even then it'd just make the game a little harder

especially since golden gives your party so much extra stuff compared to the base game you'd have to be trying not to end up overpowered as the game goes on

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

the only way you could possibly go wrong with the time management would be to go home every single day, and even then it'd just make the game a little harder

especially since golden gives your party so much extra stuff compared to the base game you'd have to be trying not to end up overpowered as the game goes on

true, even if you don't make any friends you can still solo final boss with teddy :ghost:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Slur posted:

There's something really oppressive about the time-limit environment, where you have to choose how to use your time so carefully. I feel as if the game is going to screw me over at any moment if I choose the wrong way to spend my day.

Should I worry about this too much?

if you are worried about the time limit, just spend as much time as you can in the dungeon each day until you beat the boss of that section. then you're free to hang out with your anime friends until the next victim.

i hate time limits in games, but it's totally not a problem in p4g.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Slur posted:

It's because you're slur.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Ruggington posted:

It's because you're slur.

please don't discourage someone from persona. wait until he has given up on the game to insult

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

♪one who defines your world, gives you truth and life♪

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i played a lot of p4dan yesterday. it was good. im still not good enough for all night difficulty though

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Really tempted to grab that Ninja Gaiden deal even though I have heard bad stuff about the ports. Like $17 is still a pretty good deal for both of them right?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Does the Vita Silent Hill game ever go on sale? I can get it for less physical but that would require taking EDF out.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Persona 4 should've just been a visual novel because the jrpg part is loving boring

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Light Gun Man posted:

Does the Vita Silent Hill game ever go on sale? I can get it for less physical but that would require taking EDF out.

Grab EDF digital, and lend the cartridge to friends for some ad hoc co-op!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

NESguerilla posted:

Really tempted to grab that Ninja Gaiden deal even though I have heard bad stuff about the ports. Like $17 is still a pretty good deal for both of them right?

Let me scream about motion control based cameras for 3 pages.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Persona 4 should've just been a visual novel because the jrpg part is loving boring

its good

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

persona 4 should have been all kanji. cho aniki with monologues.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

Grab EDF digital, and lend the cartridge to friends for some ad hoc co-op!

Hahaha vita friends, good one.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Light Gun Man posted:

My condolences. Most of my close friends own Vitas. In my immediate friend circles, I'm looking at double digit numbers. Of course, we're all broken otaku garbage, so maybe you're better off here.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Light Gun Man posted:

You always have friends in the Vita thread.

Except Stux.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Semi-related note:

Vita_thread.txt has been dropping the ball as of late. Where are all the hot takes and spicy animemes?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Estival Versus was fun until it decided it wanted to stop being fun

The story also is pretty lame, but that's hardly surprising. I'm gonna play the character stories to see if it changes my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Godspeed.