Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Mehrunes posted:

Run around summoning every phantom you can, I hear they love that.

I can only summon one at once for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Watchdogs are the worst, Aldriches are hilariously fun (but gently caress unlocking them..I had to in NG+ because I did not know that they were a thing), mound makers are the best

the other covenants are "meh"

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Rosaria's would be good if you could invade people alone and blues would be good if there was a Blue Eye Orb

Mound Makers are the best covenant in the entire series tho

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mehrunes posted:

Run around summoning every phantom you can, I hear they love that.

I'm normally against that sort of thing but I can't hate someone for doing that in places like the catcombs or irithyll.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

A+

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rosaria's would be good if you could invade people alone and blues would be good if there was a Blue Eye Orb

How dare you impugn the honor of the Rat King, long may he reign.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
My favorite thing is when I invade and a Mound Maker also invades. We usually set up an alliance while hunting down the Host, but I'm always keeping my eyes peeled...

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Mound Makers are literally "purple invaders who can kill phantoms to win instead of the host if they want". There's nothing super exciting about them.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Babe Magnet posted:

Actually mound makers not only rules, but you can get it super early in the game, before you even meet Sirris

Oh sorry I was talking about Aldritch Faithful.

Fun detail: when you start the game, take a look at the corpse that you pick the Ashen Estus Flask off of for an easter egg. It's Oscar!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
This game is really fun but I hate how they manage unlocking weapons. It's really dumb that you're pretty much always going to have one weapon from the early game that is better than anything else because it's the one you've been leveling the whole time.

There should be a way to transfer upgrades from one weapon to another. Maybe make it cost a unique drop or something.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

you're playing mound makers wrong if your current allegiance doesn't constantly swap based on who has more HP at the time when there's a big battle going on

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
So black bow of pharis has a cool weapon art...when it works. Seems like about 30% of the time it does a neato home in effect where all three arrows hit simultaneously, the rest of the time you waste two arrows cause they fly off to the sides. :11tea:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kanos posted:

Mound Makers are literally "purple invaders who can kill phantoms to win instead of the host if they want". There's nothing super exciting about them.

It gets really chaotic if there's another invader. If the host has multiple phantoms, then the required number for a mound maker win goes up, so the easiest way for them is to kill the host and they'll ally with reds/other purples/area defenders, but as people start dying, then the mound maker can win by phantom kills and might start looking to backstab their 'allies'. Mind games.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So speaking of invading that dude who gave me the shards of red eye has completely disappeared. I know I'm supposed to be able to get a key from him to get the unlimited use one but he's never in the shrine anymore.
Any ideas?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

JetsGuy posted:

So speaking of invading that dude who gave me the shards of red eye has completely disappeared. I know I'm supposed to be able to get a key from him to get the unlimited use one but he's never in the shrine anymore.
Any ideas?

Get a tongue, theres a few here and there, like on a corpse hanging around the courtyard you help onion man fight a demon

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Get a tongue, theres a few here and there, like on a corpse hanging around the courtyard you help onion man fight a demon

I've got three but I don't want to use them and piss off cirris or whatever.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Tracula posted:

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ELEVATOR THAT GOES UP TO IRON KEEP :iamafag:

It goes upwards towards the abyss

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Captain Oblivious posted:

How dare you impugn the honor of the Rat King, long may he reign.

This but for the Bell Tower covenant

:black101: I hope they bring it back in DLC so I can murder more bell tresspassers

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

PantsBandit posted:

This game is really fun but I hate how they manage unlocking weapons. It's really dumb that you're pretty much always going to have one weapon from the early game that is better than anything else because it's the one you've been leveling the whole time.

There should be a way to transfer upgrades from one weapon to another. Maybe make it cost a unique drop or something.

You should be swimming in weapon upgrades if you keep playing, honestly upgrading in this game is the easiest in the series so far (with the one exception of slabs, but that definitely doesn't prevent trying out weapons). It's basically very strict until about the point you get one weapon upgraded and then once you defeat the boss they've tuned for +3 or whatever they start to drop like candy or you can just buy them from the shrine.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
Who here has beaten TP as a pure sorcerer? Bathe me with your wisdom before I lose my mind.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Titanite Shards are insanely common, I have 75 just from doing Demon Ruins/Irithyll.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rat King is still the best one and I'm sad they didn't take another shot at it. Felt the same way about Gravelords back in DS2 though.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

RBA Starblade posted:

I just got invaded by a guy who healed without using estus or spells and parried me without me doing an attack or blocking. :thumbsup:

Wait, you actually entered the animation where you reared back stunned without him touching you first?

That one's new. Best I could do is riposte someone without parrying them.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Just killed Wolnir's pansy rear end. He didn't even hit me once.
Decided to go back to Smouldering lake, because it looked pretty.

Then IMMEDIATELY regretted that decision, because the place has skyscraper-sized crossbows, giant crabs, and a mongolian loving deathworm and oh god what the gently caress. :wtc:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Blaziken386 posted:

Then IMMEDIATELY regretted that decision, because the place has skyscraper-sized crossbows, giant crabs, and a mongolian loving deathworm and oh god what the gently caress. :wtc:

One of those problems can solve the other two :ssh:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

JetsGuy posted:

I've got three but I don't want to use them and piss off cirris or whatever.

You can give them to that guy, that's fine. You don't want to give them to the Rosaria covenant, or you'll piss Sirris off. You've gotta go a bit out of your way to even find that covenant so don't worry.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Blaziken386 posted:

You can turn off the ballista and the worm is easy if you're patient.

There's a mound of land in front of him kinda more towards the left that he never touches. You'll learn what animation he's in when he's about to coil up and you can whale on him a bit. When he lets out a bellow run vack to your spot.

Note: turn off ballista first

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Babe Magnet posted:

You can give them to that guy, that's fine. You don't want to give them to the Rosaria covenant, or you'll piss Sirris off. You've gotta go a bit out of your way to even find that covenant so don't worry.

That guy doesn't spawn though that's the problem. I keep loading the shrine and he's just not by the back throne. He's not been there in forever in fact.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Killed the pontiff in one shot. Good boss, pretty easy tho

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

JetsGuy posted:

You can turn off the ballista and the worm is easy if you're patient.

There's a mound of land in front of him kinda more towards the left that he never touches. You'll learn what animation he's in when he's about to coil up and you can whale on him a bit. When he lets out a bellow run vack to your spot.

Note: turn off ballista first

Counternote: Dont turn off ballista, stand behind rock behind worm, sit still for 30 seconds then walk away

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I'm eyeballing my various desires of the horribly inefficient multi tasking variety. I'm currently level 51, and about to finally deal with the Catacomb's properly (I went in, grabbed pyro book, then remembered I never did cathedral :downs:).

What's the average casual Co-Op for giggles level ranges post cathedral? I keep hearing mixed things in my basic searches ranging from people staying at level 30s for Covenant stuff, to SL 120 endgame antics.

My interests are more in if I'm able to put down white signs for the hell of it in areas I've already cleared (or desperately hoping for help on bosses if I need it I guess). My current "it would be nice if I had-" goals would probably end around level 70-80 before it hits pure "And now Let's throw on even more for shits and giggles" territory.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
The future is amazing. I can play Dark Souls 3 in bed with my Vita and PS4 remote play, and I only noticed any sort of input lag when the connection got fuzzy for a couple seconds and lagged out. I was just farming ears though so it didn't really matter.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
I am loving the hell out of this game, but have what is probably the dumbest question ever. Does great chaos fire orb scale like normal pyromancies with faith/int or is it entirely dependent on the level of the pyromancy flame? Curious if I should even bother upgrading those stats at this point or if I can truly realize my dream of clunking around in 300 pound armor and flopping like a dead fish when I roll or if I should continue to focus on faith/int...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I was unimpressed with Carthus Beacon, so as soon as I can safely be done with Sirris's quest I'm respeccing my int/fai points into other stats, and I'm thinking I'll get Attunement to 14 for an extra slot so I can bring Great Chaos Fireball without needing a ring slot. I'd also like the FP for my Black Knight Greataxe Warcry skill because I can hammer out 1300+ damage if that fully connects on something like Aldrich.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Was too busy with his buddies to get a better screengrab of him, but one of the better themes I've seen this week :)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Hot tip for Mound Makers who think its boring: if you wear the Untrue White Ring people who enter the world after you - say, Sentinels and Sunbros - have no idea you aren't actually a white phantom until something gives you away. Like backstabbing them in the middle of a battle.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Hot tip for Mound Makers who think its boring: if you wear the Untrue White Ring people who enter the world after you - say, Sentinels and Sunbros - have no idea you aren't actually a white phantom until something gives you away. Like backstabbing them in the middle of a battle.

I know it probably doesn't, but does it make your sign white if you put it down?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Xenothral posted:

I know it probably doesn't, but does it make your sign white if you put it down?

Sadly no.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

RatHat posted:

Sadly no.

Dang. Though I suppose the potential for shenanigans would be way too high if it did.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Trying to decide if it'd be more cuntish to go pyromancer and chaos infuse my longsword, or stick with a STR build and just use the basic 10/10 buffs.

Deep Protection, etc, look tempting as all hell but Raw weapons don't really have any staying power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Raw weapons enchanted with flame arc can carry you through the whole game. I beat the final boss with a +10 raw thrall axe just fine.