Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Semi-related note:

Vita_thread.txt has been dropping the ball as of late. Where are all the hot takes and spicy animemes?

people are still reading that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Vita thread: I need your help. I only have a vita right now because I am retarded and I just beat chrono cross because it was all I had on my tiny rear end memory card. What do I play next, assuming I have already 100%'d steins gate?

Edit: and persona. All of them.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

trails in the sky/trails of cold steel, persona 4, tales of hearts, ys: memories of celceta, dangan ronpa I/II

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Semi-related note:

Vita_thread.txt has been dropping the ball as of late. Where are all the hot takes and spicy animemes?

Every one of my posts is hot fire setting the twittersphere ablaze

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Iron Prince posted:

Vita thread: I need your help. I only have a vita right now because I am retarded and I just beat chrono cross because it was all I had on my tiny rear end memory card. What do I play next, assuming I have already 100%'d steins gate?

VLR. Gotta get hype for Zero Time Dilema!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ruggington posted:

keep 'em coming

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

mikeycp posted:

VLR. Gotta get hype for Zero Time Dilema!

On the right track, but I beat that one too. Got all three of the dangan ronpa games down too. I guess I mainly use my vita to occupy my pea sized brain with anime.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Iron Prince posted:

On the right track, but I beat that one too. Got all three of the dangan ronpa games down too. I guess I mainly use my vita to occupy my pea sized brain with anime.

Any way to enter hibernation until the end of June? That's probably what I would go for.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Iron Prince posted:

EDF.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ruggington posted:

How do the netizens respond to this

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Iron Prince posted:

The Atelier games are all pretty fun if you like the idea of RPGs with involved crafting systems, although they're also all pretty big in terms of download size, which might be an issue since you mentioned you have a small memory card.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

InfinityComplex posted:

Let me scream about motion control based cameras for 3 pages.

Do you need to do much with them? In 1 so far it only seems to be for aiming the bow, but it's kind of made up for by being able to tap on your target. (So you don't need to be able to aim well.)

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Dracula X Chronicles is on sale for 2 bucks. Get that poo poo inside you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Do not take Dracula X Chronicles rectally. Talk to your physician to find out if Dracula X Chronicles is right for you.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Two things worth knowing before you buy and play Dracula X Chronicles: pre-SotN Castlevanias are horrible, and they retranslated SotN so all the terribly iconic lines are gone. :(

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Two things worth knowing before you buy and play Dracula X Chronicles: pre-SotN Castlevanias are horrible, and they retranslated SotN so all the terribly iconic lines are gone. :(

Counterpoint: it's the only way (in the west at least) to play as maria

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

pre-SotN Castlevanias are horrible

What the.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Git gud

Dracula X is actually a great remake of one of the best traditional Castlevania games.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Lemon-Lime posted:

Uh what. There's a case to be made for the first two NES titles, and maybe third if you can't get over the old controls, but after that they're loving solid. They're not "metroidvania" until SOTN, but they are solid action adventure games. Dracula X holds up extremely well, remake or original.

Castlevania Chronicles on PSX and Super Castlevania IV on SNES are still worth looks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It doesn't have anything to do with them being Metroidvanias or not - fixed jump distances and practically no air control does not make for a very fun platformer, IMO. :(

Don't get me wrong, Dracula X is a good remake of Rondo of Blood, but Rondo of Blood is very, very low on the list of games I would ever want to actually replay.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 25, 2016

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Fair warning - in Dracula X Chronicles you have to do some surprisingly obscure bullshit to actually unlock SotN, so don't be afraid to just look up how to do that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

fixed jump distances and practically no air control does not make for a very fun platformer, IMO. :(

Castlevania, Ghouls n' Ghosts and Prinny are all exceptionally good, actually.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Super Castlevania IV is still the best non-metroidvania of the series imo, definitely at least one of the best SNES games around

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

imo only play the 3d remake long enough to unlock original Rondo and SotN

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

MinibarMatchman posted:

Super Castlevania IV is still the best non-metroidvania of the series imo, definitely at least one of the best SNES games around
Yeah, the Dracula X port is surprisingly ... not terrible, but it has worse control than Super Castlevania IV, and is just missing loads of stuff from the TG16 version.

lets hang out posted:

imo only play the 3d remake long enough to unlock original Rondo and SotN
I felt this originally, but it's really not bad? There are new things to discover, and it has loads of detail -- like a lot of care went into making it surprisingly.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I like SotN, but I also really like Castlevania ReBirth and wish we saw more Castlevania titles in their original style, rather than Metroidvania because I don't even like Super Metroid.

Similar deal happened with RE4, which I don't like either, but it was immensely popular and changed the direction of the series forever. Dead serious.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Megalixir posted:

I don't even like Super Metroid.

MODS??!??

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Similarly only play Richter long enough to unlock Maria who is way more fun to play as :colbert:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Play them all because they're all worthy of your time and attention.

In that collection anyway. Don't touch Castlevania Adventure or Haunted Castle.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Megalixir posted:

I don't even like Super Metroid.

:frogleave:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Who else was weirdly sad when you had to bomb the tunnel in the water zone? Maridia?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

goferchan posted:

Oh poo poo Severed comes out Tuesday and looks fuckin amazing

I'll be very curious to hear people's response to Severed.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Severed's control scheme kind of makes me wonder if they plan on porting it to mobile at some point (if only because it doesn't seem like the best financial decision to make a Vita exclusive indie game)

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

First time ordering from NISA. They don't kid around with the packaging. :stare:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Where is the dude who imports games which causes them to get localized? And who got recently burned by Exist Archive?
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/724622598261354496

Apparently this guy is trusted enough that I see websites citing him so uh, there you go!

iastudent posted:

First time ordering from NISA. They don't kid around with the packaging. :stare:

That's a sweet box, yeah.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HGH posted:

Where is the dude who imports games which causes them to get localized? And who got recently burned by Exist Archive?

Day 1 preorder.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope it ends up being more than a rumour.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Iron Prince posted:

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

HGH posted:

You did it, In Training! You did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Thank you In Training