Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

if u aren't petty enough to wait right here and invade in this area to make use of dragonkeeper npcs/havel spawn, don't talk to me about dark souls invasions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Why do they build bottomless pits beneath elevators

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've been farming up shackles to get the pyromancy achievement and it's funny how many people will flee in absolute terror as soon as their posse of phantoms gets thinned out a little.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tallgeese posted:

Wait, you actually entered the animation where you reared back stunned without him touching you first?

That one's new. Best I could do is riposte someone without parrying them.

Yep, then his sword ended up in me and rip.

I'm seeing a lot more hackers and stuff on average than in DS2.

For the final boss should I stay with a chaos weapon or reinfuse it? The soundtrack spoiled it ages ago.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Ugh, Farron's Keep is loving awful and I can't find anyone to summon. Apparently I need to kill three flames, but I've only found two and can't find the third to save my loving life :suicide:

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Lprsti99 posted:

Ugh, Farron's Keep is loving awful and I can't find anyone to summon. Apparently I need to kill three flames, but I've only found two and can't find the third to save my loving life :suicide:

Climb the tower that leads to the covenant leader and look out above the trees to see which direction the last flame is in.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Carl Seitan posted:

Climb the tower that leads to the covenant leader and look out above the trees to see which direction the last flame is in.

What tower? :v:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

RBA Starblade posted:

Yep, then his sword ended up in me and rip.

I'm seeing a lot more hackers and stuff on average than in DS2.

For the final boss should I stay with a chaos weapon or reinfuse it? The soundtrack spoiled it ages ago.

Wait, that guy wasn't LuceChrome, was it?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Kanos posted:

Mound Makers are literally "purple invaders who can kill phantoms to win instead of the host if they want". There's nothing super exciting about them.

I like when I can tell the host is super anxious about me as a purple invader. I said this in a previous post but I like helping them along the way and hitting them every so often in an "Oops! Teehee!" type manner just to put them on edge. Finally, I'll backstab them or kick them off the edge when they're good and ripe. It's awesome

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Tallgeese posted:

Wait, that guy wasn't LuceChrome, was it?

Is it time for confession, my son?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

slev posted:

Consider the alternative: that there isn't a bottomless deathpit. You walk into the elevator shaft, drop down, take some damage. Now what?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was really surprising to discover that I could buy the final boss' armor set after killing him as a sunbro. wonder if that's a bug? also really glad to discover that the game doesn't automatically kick you into ng+. if there was one lesson they should have taken away from dark souls 2, it's that

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Brannock posted:

Consider the alternative: that there isn't a bottomless deathpit. You walk into the elevator shaft, drop down, take some damage. Now what?

What if they just didn't build any pit

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I have killed all the mimics, and I have no symbol of avarice. This is the second time it's happened.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

slev posted:

What if they just didn't build any pit

Well now that's just a silly idea.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What if no one cared.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Andrigaar posted:

Is it time for confession, my son?

Guy told me yesterday he might've found a way to parry everyone without fail, but he just told me it wasn't him.

What RBA describes is quite new. Couldn't do it in DS1, couldn't in 2. Best you could do was riposte, and not even that in 2 (tele backstabs only).

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 25, 2016

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Mehrunes posted:

Who here has beaten TP as a pure sorcerer? Bathe me with your wisdom before I lose my mind.

TP?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

slev posted:

I keep checking the pits to see if there's a secret, and there never is in this game. :(

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

MrSmokes posted:

I keep checking the pits to see if there's a secret, and there never is in this game. :(

there actually is, i'll leave it up to you to find the correct elevator though

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Welp, went to do Nameless King with my buddies today and one of them was so bugged that while we were in *his* game the boss didn't do any attacks to us phantoms and he just freeze-floated around while we wailed on him, then vice versa when my friend was phantoming for us.

Lprsti99 posted:

Assuming its the same fire that usually gets missed, you start at the first bonfire then run directly forward and a little to the right through the deep poison water. There's one of those tree-wielding giant deer assholes right next to the ramp up.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

Raw weapons enchanted with flame arc can carry you through the whole game. I beat the final boss with a +10 raw thrall axe just fine.

What about NG++?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Twin Princes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
If I'm a pretty thorough explorer, and I am just walking through the irythill barrier now... how much left do I have?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Feenix posted:

If I'm a pretty thorough explorer, and I am just walking through the irythill barrier now... how much left do I have?

Like half the game

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Feenix posted:

Quite a bit actually.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Tallgeese posted:

Twin Princes.

Ah, not there yet.

Feenix posted:

Daps. The first bit of city proper is hell to go through, but once you reach the next bonfire it's a winter wonderland with an absurdly quick trip to the boss.

Melanion fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 25, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

slev posted:

Like half the game

YEssssssssss!

:)

Thanks

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

So black bow of pharis has a cool weapon art...when it works. Seems like about 30% of the time it does a neato home in effect where all three arrows hit simultaneously, the rest of the time you waste two arrows cause they fly off to the sides. :11tea:

If anyone knows about this or has an idea about why the arrows only home sometimes, that'd be awesome cause I really like it when it works :smith:

If not thats cool too cause using the recurve to pincushion fools is also fun

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

TheMopeSquad posted:

Assuming its the same fire that usually gets missed, you start at the first bonfire then run directly forward and a little to the right through the deep poison water. There's one of those tree-wielding giant deer assholes right next to the ramp up.
As a further PSA just because they are assholes: Basic pyromancy busts them down to kindling right quick.

Had fun crying on IRC until I got mad and threw some low-level fire their way.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

poptart_fairy posted:

What about NG++?

Dunno, but since NG+ is just stacking more health it would just take longer. Its not like you need to worry about anything new or anything.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is Titanite scale a finite resource? :\

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can just buy scales for 20k a pop later

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i'd be less annoyed at the intentional gank squads i keep running into if they had funny gimmicks instead of estocs and dark swords

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Andrigaar posted:

As a further PSA just because they are assholes: Basic pyromancy busts them down to kindling right quick.

Supposedly you can bait them into walking on top of one of the many bonfires in the area to achieve a similar effect.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I don't mind rapiers/estocs, but dark swords and having to block/soak/dodge 6-8 consecutive super-fast attacks is really some bullshit. I half hope they nerf Stamina eventually.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

Better PSA: They get roasted by all fire. Including the random bonfires throughout the level. You barely have to actually fight any of them.

The things to light in Farron are pretty easy to find, every single ramp on a hill that you can see leads to one. There's one super early on, one right before the bonfire that describing it as such helps nothing because you would have found it if you find the bonfire, and one a bit past the gate.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Mehrunes posted:

Who here has beaten TP as a pure sorcerer? Bathe me with your wisdom before I lose my mind.

great heavy magic missile on phase one
crystal soul spear on phase two because it pierces + you have less openings to cast

always keep as much distance as possible because it opens up the three big lovely attacks that have a lot of recovery, letting you get in casts. don't ever cast when he does the basic swings, even though the pattern is usually 2 swings->teleport swing he can mix it up and do more teleports after the teleport swing. wait for him to do big attacks that you know you can reliably cast on.

don't bother with health flasks you die in one/two hits anyways so pack like a 6/8 distribution so you can blast off soul spears as much as possible because boy howdy youre gonna need a lot

if your lockon doesn't work during the vulnerable bit in phase 2 dumbfire them or keep a moonlight greatsword on hand to go ham with (phase 2 is braindead simple in melee if you consider this option)

edit:
don't use soul stream the cast time is so long even with max cast speed that you can be punished for casting it vs. a big attack as early as possible because he will teleport slash you.

really i'd just recommend using the MLGS here in phase 2 because melee is so easy in this fight vs. magic

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 25, 2016

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
For Farron Swamp just follow the large fires, they'll lead you to every single candle in the zone. Anywhere else is a detour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Carl Seitan posted:

TheMopeSquad posted:

Found both of these, got oneshot by rear end in a top hat deer dudes like three times, then stumbled across the 'roast over bonfire' method. My sanity thanks you both!