Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smuh
Feb 21, 2011

superhot would have been way better had they actually made new levels for the challenges, or at the very least changed the enemy spawns. It just felt super lazy that they made the campaign levels, which there weren't a lot of in the first place, and just recycled them. I can't imagine the very simplistic levels too hard to make either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didnt that game suck?

its a limbo-like platformer in that it's style over substance and the main story from what i played seems to be that you are helping an alsheimers grandma recover her memories or something? its very boring imo but if you want photorealistic apple manipulation in your simple platformer it might be interesting.

i'm glad that people want to be deeply personal with the games they make i just hope they make them more fun that unravel while they're at it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPqRpar4PyE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'd play a British Sitcom episodic adventure game

idgaf which sitcom, there are plenty to choose from

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Dirk Gently from 2010 would be fun as an episodic series.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There was a series of Wallace and Gromit games by Telltale. Apparently you can't buy them anymore because of copyright something something

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hey so what's gonna be the hot title for May? We got the Platinum TMNT game but that's a whole 30 days away. What's gonna be the gamo de Mayo this year? What are YOU excited for?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Hey so what's gonna be the hot title for May? We got the Platinum TMNT game but that's a whole 30 days away. What's gonna be the gamo de Mayo this year? What are YOU excited for?

its uncharted 4 probably
overwatch too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uncharted 4 and 4 player Platinum Turtles.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope everybody is having a good night tonight

Stay safe, everybody, and let the good times roll on! :)

I am gonna look at modding tutorials for don't starve, and play some more king's bounty the legend :D

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

There's a lot of "possibly good, but probably not" games out in may, like Battleborn, Doom, and Total War: Warhammer.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

We got Overwatch coming out in May, too.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Dark Souls 3

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm excited for the 3 month wait for Fire Emblem Fates to be over.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Morning Games chat, I played more Dark Souls III and Star Fox Zero over the weekend.

Very minor gripe at the moment with Dark Souls but I thought it was kinda dumb that (Undead Settlement Spoiler)Siegmeyer is basically in the game under the name Siegward. He's cool and all but he feels kinda shoved in there. It's kinda silly to clone a dude straight for that and give him a big reveal going "Hey remember this dude!"

It's minor and I know what others really wanted from DS3 was more DS1but it irks me a bit when it's like that.

Star Fox Zero is okay? The controls can be too much to handle in hectic situations but some parts are really fun. I'm willing to give reviewers the benefit of the doubt if they had a short amount of time to review the game and get used to the controls for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Get used to that in DS3, it's basically 'hey remember this bit from DS1??' the game.

Due to the presence of zipper hat I assume this is some Kingdom Hearts thing

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Aye that is Kingdom Hearts Donald in one of the brief moments he isn't dead in fights.

I think being beat up so much in that game affected his brain

Sakurazuka posted:

Get used to that in DS3, it's basically 'hey remember this bit from DS1??' the game.
Having just seen the asylum demon but made of rock I think I agree that's what the game's turning into.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Check every recognisable dead body holding an item in the game, they're usually an NPC from DS1/2.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

8-Bit Scholar posted:

hmm, maybe we'll find out in the may thread ?? i bet you open a present on christmas eve too

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

What are YOU excited for?

For May to end quickly and June to bring us glorious NX news.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

oddium posted:

hmm, maybe we'll find out in the may thread ?? i bet you open a present on christmas eve too

That was the best part of Christmas Eve was getting to see one cool new game I was getting early to prepare me for the rest

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One year I got Jak 3 and DBZ Budokai 3 and it was a good year

I'm kinda anticipating Platinum Turtles, but I'll chill for most of May most likely

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't know what games are coming out in may, but I know that may is when my birthday is so I will celebrate my birthday by doing absolutely fuckall and playing some video games

my fiancee got super mario 3d world and we played some of that and it was fun. co-op games are really good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna be too tired for DS3 today, might carry on with Ratchet & Clank assuming I don't fall asleep the second I get home.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Gonna be too tired for DS3 today, might carry on with Ratchet & Clank assuming I don't fall asleep the second I get home.

Take a nap for like an hour when you get back.

I've no idea what else is coming out soon, figure it's gonna be the general game drought for this time of the year.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I think May is going to be a month dedicated to Dark Souls/Bloodborne for me. Now that things are finally clicking for me in DS3 I can go back and replay the earlier games that I never managed to get into. Plus I have to play that new Ratchet and Clank game sometime because R&C is the best.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This weekend I introduced someone to the Indiana Jones movies and to celebrate the fun we had we topped it off with some coop Lego Indiana Jones which turned out to be absolutely amazing!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

How the original Deus Ex handles it's multiple choice ending is really loving cool.

You get to the final area and keep getting handed different objectives by the multiple factions in the game, and if you start doing an objective for one faction the others start yelling at you to change your mind which you can totally do up until you finish one.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Thanks for reminding me I still need to play Deus Ex: Revision.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

The problem with Britcoms is, somewhere between 15 to 30% of it will be done as a one-sided telephone conversation :britain:

Phantasium posted:

How the original Deus Ex handles it's multiple choice ending is really loving cool.

You get to the final area and keep getting handed different objectives by the multiple factions in the game, and if you start doing an objective for one faction the others start yelling at you to change your mind which you can totally do up until you finish one.

I felt this lost its punch in Deus Ex 2 because a bunch of things didn't matter for the final ending, and unless you made all the anti-faction choices, they were on the table at the end. But then again, Deus Ex 2 :shrug:

I honestly don't remember the ending to Deus Ex 1, even though I beat it on two separate occasions.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Phantasium posted:

HELIOS ending best ending.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I like how DX:IW was written with the assumption that basically all of the DX1 endings happened.

Accordion Man posted:

HELIOS ending best ending.

This is correct.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mistle posted:

The problem with Britcoms is, somewhere between 15 to 30% of it will be done as a one-sided telephone conversation :britain:

the best joke in the it crowd is a one-sided phone conversation at the end of an episode where's he's trying to convince the guy he's not a window cleaner

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Does Magnolia speak English in the Japanese version for the parts where she randomly speaks French in the US version?

I still can't get over his hat being fastened with a loving belt

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 25, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

Does Magnolia speak English in the Japanese version for the parts where she randomly speaks French in the US version?

She speaks English sometimes, and I think I heard German once maybe? Never French though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

I think May is going to be a month dedicated to Dark Souls/Bloodborne for me. Now that things are finally clicking for me in DS3 I can go back and replay the earlier games that I never managed to get into.

this is me too I think

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm really hopeful the TMNT game is good, and that comes out in May.

Also Stellaris comes out the first week of May so that could be cool, as well as Total War Warhammer.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
TMNT is gonna be super dope cool sicknasty radical and I bought it I prebought so I'm in baby I'm in to win

cowa

bunga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

TMNT is gonna be super dope cool sicknasty radical and I bought it I prebought so I'm in baby I'm in to win

cowa

bunga

Heyy, who turned da lights out...???

• Locked thread