Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

How in the hell are you suppose to get half these medals?

1 is from Getting the hits score

1 from getting Mission Accomplished rather than mission complete in every level

1 [more?] from getting 3 golden rings with the little medal symbols in them which are some freaking where in these levels.

and the other 2 are usually hidden around/hidden until you do some arbitrary thing in the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

How in the hell are you suppose to get half these medals?

1 is from Getting the hits score

1 from getting Mission Accomplished rather than mission complete in every level

1 [more?] from getting 3 golden rings with the little medal symbols in them which are some freaking where in these levels.

and the other 2 are usually hidden around/hidden until you do some arbitrary thing in the level.

High Score, Mission Accomplished condition (like blowing up the Andarosa's core instead of the guns) , Alternate Path (like going down the coastline path in Corneria), and then it seems that two(or is it only one?) of them tend to be getting three medal gold rings and then collecting the medal, or via collecting 10 small silver medals.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can you stop Wolf from gunning down Peppy? I absolutely demolished Pigma and the others and was chasing Wolf down and got him to 50% left. Then it cut to Peppy on the other side of the map crashing and I'm not sure if that was avoidable.

It's not only possible, you have to to unlock the Fortuna stage.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

How do I get the fight with Andrew on the Colony?

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

How do I get the fight with Andrew on the Colony?

Do the Aquarosa fight and choose the Colony path instead of the Zoness path. It's not really a fight though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

andipossess posted:

Do the Aquarosa fight and choose the Colony path instead of the Zoness path. It's not really a fight though.

Much obliged!

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
These controls are horrible. I regret buying this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

andipossess posted:

It's not only possible, you have to to unlock the Fortuna stage.

Actually you can get to Fortuna via the Salvadora.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Hey, does anyone know how to get to the extra mission in Sector Alpha? I know how to get the Aquarossa path, and how to get the Fortuna path, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

XavierGenisi posted:

Hey, does anyone know how to get to the extra mission in Sector Alpha? I know how to get the Aquarossa path, and how to get the Fortuna path, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

You see the Star Wolf pilot popping in to fly about? Lock onto them with ZL and see where it takes you.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

XavierGenisi posted:

You have to unlock the "Star Wolf was spotted" cut scene. Then revisit the level and when Pigma appears lock onto him with the ZL button.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

You know, out of all the vehicles in Zero I'm surprised the Blue-Marine didn't make a return.

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Seems to me like this is the game controls equivalent of the pic of that dress no one could decide was black or white or whatever.

It's basically second nature to me now, the only thing that throws me off sometimes is the fact that the gyro aiming is reversed. Just stick with it if you are having trouble, and keep in mind that you never have to look at the two screens at the same time. Hit select (minus button) to switch the screens to whatever is most convenient at the moment. I play the on-rails sections with the traditional camera view while using the cockpit view for all range mode, for example.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So is the game selling well enough to get a Star Fox 2nd Zero on the NX?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'd be very surprised if it was.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jarogue posted:

You know, out of all the vehicles in Zero I'm surprised the Blue-Marine didn't make a return.

I'm surprised they bothered keeping the Gyro-Wing in the game when Walker Mode does everything it did, and keeps missions moving at a faster general pace.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Is there a Venom 2 in the game. Having completed it it really feels like there should be.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Is there a Venom 2 in the game. Having completed it it really feels like there should be.
no

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So is the game selling well enough to get a Star Fox 2nd Zero on the NX?
no

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
im glad this sucks cos i wanted to get it but reviews say it sucks so gently caress it now i can sell wii u in irie

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
i may load up wii u in the first time in months and buy the 64 rom of starfox because its the only thing keeping me frm selling this abomination of oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Nonviolent J posted:

im glad this sucks cos i wanted to get it but reviews say it sucks so gently caress it now i can sell wii u in irie

Nonviolent J posted:

i may load up wii u in the first time in months and buy the 64 rom of starfox because its the only thing keeping me frm selling this abomination of oval office

Ok.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Do we have a list of how to get some of the alternate paths? Also can you get a Arwing for the first gyro level?

Nonviolent J posted:

:bravo:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Golden Goat posted:

Do we have a list of how to get some of the alternate paths? Also can you get a Arwing for the first gyro level?

:bravo:

Take the alternate path in Corneria (follow the ship to the coastline) and you get alternate versions of Area 3 AND Zoness using an Arwing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Take the alternate path in Corneria (follow the ship to the coastline) and you get alternate versions of Area 3 AND Zoness using an Arwing.

Cheers!

Gotta say I really like how every mission appears to have a chunk of different approaches.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nonviolent J posted:

why would you sell your wonderful 101 and bayonetta 2 machine

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This game owns quite a lot and it's a shame a lot of reviewers seem to suck at it, the Arwing sections in particular are the best of any game in the series and mowing down swams with some slick cursor movement feels good as hell and sets this game apart from other rail shooters

I'm honestly stunned that multiple reviews mentioned a MANDATORY STEALTH MISSIONS when it's literally just avoiding spotlights to prevent enemies harassing you, pretty much the exact same thing as SF64

Golden Goat posted:

- use the chicken walker to open the coastline door in corneria, then beat aquarosa twice (ugh) to unlock the zoness/area 3 alt levels
- clear the area 3 alt level to unlock meteo
- lock onto pigma when he drive-bys you in meteo to unlock a fight with andrew and pigma
- beat star wolf (the whole team) in sector alpha before the hidden timer expires to save peppy and go to fortuna
- beat fortuna again and use ZL to lock onto wolf when he drive-bys you to unlock the 1v1 on fichina
- go back to titania after you have the gravmaster and fly into the portal
- after you beat all the other levels, go back to sector alpha and lock onto pigma with ZL to unlock the great fox wave defense mission

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 25, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I honestly dont get what the problem they have with the controls is. It's exactly like Star Fox 64, the only change is being able to fine-tune your aim with the gyroscope.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Post progress.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Does the color of the path mean anything? I just redid the first 2 missions and got Mission Accomplished, it changed the path from red to orange.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Jarogue posted:

Does the color of the path mean anything? I just redid the first 2 missions and got Mission Accomplished, it changed the path from red to orange.
Looking at the full map, red seem to link the critical path betwen the major planets. Orange indicates a Mission Accomplished. Blue links the secret paths together.

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 25, 2016

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I do not like that if you fail a level enough times they will throw a score-negating invincibility powerup in your path that you must actively avoid.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I honestly dont get what the problem they have with the controls is. It's exactly like Star Fox 64, the only change is being able to fine-tune your aim with the gyroscope.

There are some changes but I don't think they're necessarily bad. The only ones I'm iffy on are the changes to loop and u-turn but since those have dedicated face buttons it isn't a big issue. Barrel Roll screwed with my muscle memory a little but it's easier now. (And honestly the game is a looooot less reliant on barrel roll compared to 64, probably because it isn't on a button you can tap easily.)

codenameFANGIO posted:

I do not like that if you fail a level enough times they will throw a score-negating invincibility powerup in your path that you must actively avoid.

I did not know this is a thing but it does make the Polygon thing funnier.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I've never even encountered this thing before and wasn't aware it was in the game at all. News to me I guess.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Well it is a thing. It's there. If you're not good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Well it is a thing. It's there. If you're not good.

Do you want me to come over and fly while you shoot?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I've never even encountered this thing before and wasn't aware it was in the game at all. News to me I guess.

You have to die like 8 or so times in a level before it appears so if you're good enough you probably won't ever see it in the game. Plus the powerup is small enough that you can easily avoid it if you don't want to use it. Honestly I've never had an issue with "Super Guides" in games, they're never forced on you and can be helpful if you're an inexperienced player who just wants to complete the game. And even if you do use them you can always just go back later and try to complete the level normally, it's not really that big a deal. I never got why just the mere fact that something like that exists in the game is enough to turn some people off as, like I said before, if you're good enough at the game you'll never even see it.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 25, 2016

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
but if people can play a game easier than i can then how can i feel good about my creepy obsessive gatekeeping of a loving video game about shooting spaceships for points

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I just don't like it is all. It is a minor annoyance to me. I don't recall saying any of those other things. :geno:

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I just don't like it is all. It is a minor annoyance to me. I don't recall saying any of those other things. :geno:

I didn't actually mean to direct that at you, more at the people who have been extremely upset about it since they announced the game would have it like three weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Szmitten posted:

Post progress.

Routes in arcade mode take about an hour once you're decent at the game, just like Star Fox 64. This game is just insanely fun.

• Locked thread