Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Soulfucker posted:

Are you on NA? If so that's too bad, I think you'd fit right in with the 2PAC leadership.

He should be a Commander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
I guess i just have to do this to win games today...

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Flipped and ran over this little fucker :killdozer:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

brodoyouevengif posted:

They added a bunch of skills for each crew member back in 2012 or something like that. Some of them are pointless to train, but sadly there's nothing else to train half of the time.

Oh, I know. I just thought that they would still cap the number of skills a crew had at 3. My T59 crew is at about 2.5 right now.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Hey Hellsau

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/04/24/changes-to-personal-missions-in-9-15/#more-21552

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Someone finally transcribed the changes? Thank you. Fire mission and heavy base cap/reset mission are trivial now. Still probably going to need to not-rig a bombardier. Managed to deal 160 and 90 damage to two grouped up SPGs with my CGC last night, and I've RNGed at least 5 other bombardier opportunities with full aim since I got the CGC. Gotta finish: 3x my HP blocked for HTs, 5x my HP damage // 4k damage+3 heavy kills TD missions, and pray for some decent Prok/Malinovka games in a LT.

They changed "destroy 2 SPGs spotted by you" to "destroy 3 SPGs". Funny joke Wargaming.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Defeat
Battle: Sacred Valley
Vehicles: Churchill III
Experience received: 3,067
Credits earned: 40,976
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "I Class"

drat it.

Yep, it's still WoT. Plays better than when I was last active though.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

TKs are expensive

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SpiDeR posted:

Saw this happen...

This will never get old. I love it. More than the flipping are their cries for help. It's not like.... OH GOD HELP!!!! It's far more depressing which makes it hilarious. I've done it twice before. A goon flipped me back over once and another tried to but the time ran out. It's even funny when I do it. Good stuff.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I didn't know you could even get to 5. I thought it maxed out at 3.

There is a really good scout player named Tazilon who is working on his 8th skill. :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This will never get old. I love it. More than the flipping are their cries for help. It's not like.... OH GOD HELP!!!! It's far more depressing which makes it hilarious. I've done it twice before. A goon flipped me back over once and another tried to but the time ran out. It's even funny when I do it. Good stuff.

There is a really good scout player named Tazilon who is working on his 8th skill. :stare:

Tazilon was working on his 8th skills almost 3 years ago. He has 53 THOUSAND games in the VK2801 today.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

I remember seeing a post on Reddit where a guy has german medium crew maxed out on skills. I can't remember if he put it into a E50 or Leopard.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Game still won't let me play arty. 7 losses in a row between m12 and gw tiger p where my team just collapses.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Tazilon was working on his 8th skills almost 3 years ago. He has 53 THOUSAND games in the VK2801 today.

It's a fun little tank, but I don't know if I could play 53 thousand games of WoT let alone in just that little tank. If anyone wants to watch me get top gun in it earlier today though, while driving into rocks, making SWEET jumps, and driving off of a cliff to lose us the game, I put it on YouTube! I sped up the more boring parts, it was a long match.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

quote:

MT-7
Main task:
previous: Destroy at least 3 enemy SPG’s
new: Destroy 1 enemy SPG or more spotted by you

Ahahahaha hahaahaaaahaaahaa *sobs*

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

This feels like it could be done in a handfull of games, trying to suicide run.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
http://i.imgur.com/KMLDBkD.png not even safe to press RR and walk away in a tog in your own base anymore http://imgur.com/G5HZN1a in this more clear image you can clearly see that players name is NOT Turmoilx. . ...sigh ok its me minglee , the e25 and at25 were trying to flip me over all game too i found it ..amusing

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 25, 2016

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Aced it :japan:

Aaaand the best tank aced. On a defeat, of course. 13 shots, 13 hits, 4k damage

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 25, 2016

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

Comeon guys. Im cool now, right?

*effort initiated*

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Mad Emu Sex0r posted:

*effort initiated*

I am so tempted to do this too.

Just to watch the player base froth with rage when I post the screen cap of me accepting the gold since I already have one.

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

Captain Blaargh posted:

I am so tempted to do this too.

Just to watch the player base froth with rage when I post the screen cap of me accepting the gold since I already have one.

Im just making sure Hellsau doesnt get it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

It's not like they moved the "Kill 3 SPGs" mission to MT-7 for the Obj. 260 or anything... :suicide:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

A Handed Missus posted:

Flipped and ran over this little fucker :killdozer:

haha thats great

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/494164-have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too-contest/page__st__80__gopid__10066698#entry10066698

The icing spreads like poo poo or I gave up on effort after baking *shrugs*

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

McGavin posted:

It's not like they moved the "Kill 3 SPGs" mission to MT-7 for the Obj. 260 or anything... :suicide:

Oh for gently caress's sake

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

And here I was feeling accomplished with my Lee crew about to start their sixth. God drat.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

RanKizama posted:

And here I was feeling accomplished with my Lee crew about to start their sixth. God drat.

6 skills on a Lee jesus...

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
6 skills on a lee is embarrassing

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
So I've been hearing about this tourney gold. My impulse-purchased year of premium is almost spent, and my gold hoard is drained to the double digits. I'm just shy of 52% winrate and I know how to follow simple instructions, most of the time. If that's good enough, then where should I be hanging around to get in on some of these teams? My work schedule may make a few impossible, but if you've been having trouble filling slots I promise that I'll be driven by greed enough to reliably show up.

Twinty Zuleps fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 26, 2016

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Wulfolme posted:

So I've been hearing about this tourney gold. My impulse-purchased year of premium is almost spent, and my gold hoard is drained to the double digits. I'm just shy of 52% winrate and I know how to follow simple instructions, most of the time. If that's good enough, then where should I be hanging around to get in on some of these teams? My work schedule may make a few impossible, but if you've been having trouble filling slots I promise that I'll be driven by greed enough to reliably show up.

I've always had a couple of people message me when I request looking for a team in the LFG thread for skirmishes. I have never won any further than quarter finals with those teams, I also am in PIR8 a reddit tourny clan and I've won a couple of tournaments with them.

I have a good pool of tanks across the tiers and good crews to put into them.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

So those BS pens I was talking about in that game Hellsau?

http://imgur.com/480PqhD

Checked tanks.gg, both of those shots should have been autobounce angles, the mantlet shot being the more likely of the two.

primelaw fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 26, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm thinking of getting the $50 package with 10500 gold and 30 days premium. Should I do that while it's on sale from $55, or do you think the VE day sale will be huge?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

primelaw posted:

So those BS pens I was talking about in that game Hellsau?

http://imgur.com/480PqhD

Checked tanks.gg, both of those shots should have been autobounce angles, the mantlet shot being the more likely of the two.

Yes, World of Tanks sometimes acts mysteriously. Were you there when the E4 AP penned my E5's mantlet a couple days ago? Fun times.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The SU85B is such a good tank. It pretty much autopens anything but T5 heavies. What do people run on theirs? Right now I've got binocs and camo net. I'm thinking GLD?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

22 Eargesplitten posted:

The SU85B is such a good tank. It pretty much autopens anything but T5 heavies. What do people run on theirs? Right now I've got binocs and camo net. I'm thinking GLD?

I run my 122m KV-1S howitzer on it. Once.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm running GLD, Rammer and binocs. The thing has super good camo anyway, so I find a camo trained crew is enough. The binocs are a bit of a leftover from the time before the TD view range nerf, when the thing also had one of the best view ranges for its tier. But they still help outspot some blind fools since the camo is so good.

It really is a fantastic TD, one of my favourite vehicles in the game.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I sold mine after the nerf. It's still very strong but before it could really punch above its weight class without relying on teammates and it's hard to accept it as it is now.

Make sure to bring some HE because there are some t4 TDs you can full pen reliably that die to a single HE shell, including itself. Also works wonders on Hellcats because if they're even slightly damaged you can two shot them reliably. I remember one unlucky Hellcat that rolled low on my 85B and got killed by two above average HE shells.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Just noticed in the patch notes:

quote:

A-32
Dispersion of the 76 mm L-10U gun changed from 0.525714285714286 m to 0.44 m.

:stare:

quote:

Replaced the Waffenträger auf E 100 with the Grille 15.

Oh, had no idea this was happening now. I don't want to lose my OP game-wrecker :(

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 26, 2016

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Darkrenown posted:

Oh, had no idea this was happening now. I don't want to lose my OP game-wrecker :(

That's lame as hell. I'm only on the rhm, was looking forward to t10.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

Now that's a relic. Back when they redid how the stats displayed so they'd be accurate for a 100% crew, part of what they did was actually change every primary crew skill-based stat by * or / 0,875.

So the gun had 0,46 acc, divided by 0,875 to keep performance the same with the new system, and then they never went back and rounded it out because hey, don't touch premium tank performance unless you have to. And this was back in like 2012, so it's been a while since someone last changed the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Glad to see them nerfing the piss out of the Japanese heavies. The O-I tanks really needed it.

Skoda T40 gets a pen buff. That'll help.

Holy poo poo at those Scorpion buffs. I might take mine out for another spin soon.