Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Reminds me of the time I made friends with a Colombian playing on na in the middle of the night. The next day, I played against him and his br friends by chance and they cheated their balls off and dude had nothing to say in his defense. Only scum in south america.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Except God's Team. LG.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
fun game tonight: one guy afk who gets kicked at second or third round.
one guy afk intermittently enough to not get kicked
we were getting stomped so one guy got mad and started telling my position on a 1v4. We kicked him, but i hope he saw me clutch it just to spite him.
se we end the first half 2-13 and the second half we manage to scrounge up 8 more rounds but that wasn't enough.

good times in counter strike.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
valve matchmaking lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
stfu obsessive fag retard

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
no...you...

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mischievous Mink posted:

Even though I'm all mobile authenticated and stuff, my super cheapo budget phone number doesn't qualify, bleh. I guess it makes sense they want to keep the barrier to entry from being too low, but it's rather unfortunate to mean I'll be in the worse queue.

I wasn't able to use my phone as I had a space between my number and country code. Redid it without the space and it worked. Instead of +1 99999999 do +1999999999

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Up Circle posted:

valve matchmaking lol

Your dumb

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Valve matchmaking owns as a Nova. More good games than bad. Queuing with goons helps but sometimes I solo queue and end up in a group that knows smokes!!!!!!!!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Valve matchmaking sucks cuz its full of people who play Valve games

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
valve matchmaking sucks because you play with me.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Counter-Strike is fun. Ranking up is good because I'm getting better. Deranking is good because you get to beat up on idiots for a minute. Therefore matchmaking is good.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

mixwell with a disgusting 5k clutch against liquid on train.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/faceit-tv-201604254637388

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

thanks for linking me a 1v2

idiot

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GreyPowerVan posted:

thanks for linking me a 1v2

idiot
Remedying the situation.

https://www.twitch.tv/faceittv/v/62638703?t=05h32m15s

stump collector
May 28, 2007
thats a 1 v 4 clutch ace but im still a big fan

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

anything that involves liquid getting owned is nice

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

So is mixwell good then or did he just have a good game.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

qhat posted:

he's a ridiculous pubstar. seems to be doing great so far (a good chunk of the Optic games so far he has had a 1.50+ rating)

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 25, 2016

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

how big is his wiener

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Currently they are just playing other NA teams so until they play LG or some EU teams wont really know. Could be muy pequeño.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

also what's the deal with c9 slemmy, is this another disappointing pickup from an org that is clearly investing less in their CSGO team?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

qhat posted:

also what's the deal with c9 slemmy, is this another poor pickup from an org that is clearly investing less in their CSGO team?

Yes.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
He was probably really super cheap to pick up, possibly free!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
If theyre looking for another player im available for free as well. i know every smoke and flash for b on dust2.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Up Circle posted:

If theyre looking for another player im available for free as well. i know every smoke and flash for b on dust2.

Cool, you should try out for the upcoming bud light cs:go team!!!

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I'm looking to update to a 144Hz monitor. My GPU is a 970 GTX. All the 27" gsync monitors I've seen seems to have terrible reviews because of bad pixels or color bleed or whatever. The best I found was this here but it has the AMD freesync stuff. Any opinions/advice?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Gsync and Freesync are not worth using in CSGO, but seeing that you have a Nvidia card, the Asus ROG Swift GSYNC monitors are nice. I have the new 27" IPS model, which is very good, but also expensive. But you can also get a cheaper 27" TN version.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

IMO the 144hz IPS monitors atm are a game of monitor roulette, you might have to do some returns before you get a monitor that's acceptable. If you can't be bothered with that then a BenQ XL2411Z is a good shot.

edit: no idea if the most recent ones are more reliable, I just know that I avoided buying any of the 144hz IPS ones this time last year because of all the lovely reviews

qhat fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 25, 2016

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

qhat posted:

When he does it on LAN I'll be impressed.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I've had some awesome happenings in MM recently and felt my goon friends would enjoy these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdXLlY1XYHA - 1v5 pistol round clutch feat faffel, rats, xc, and vicious fishes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI9wWN6sU2c - undeniable proof this game is terrible

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Smol posted:

Gsync and Freesync are not worth using in CSGO

Why's that? Was considering a 144hz freesync monitor.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Infinotize posted:

I just got a 144hz 24", personally, I can't even tell there's any tearing at 120+ fps. Maybe in a few months I'll see it, but I can't imagine it's with nearly as much severity as 60hz monitors are.

GSync etc seems like a sham for the extra money you're paying.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Infinotize posted:

You do notice some slight input lag. It's better than normal Vertical sync for sure, but not perfect.

I tend to use Gsync in other games, but not in CS.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Has Valve said anything about fixing the no scoreboard bug? It's extremely annoying to have no idea how much money my team has, who has kits and how many enemies died in the past few rounds.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

Has Valve said anything about fixing the no scoreboard bug? It's extremely annoying to have no idea how much money my team has, who has kits and how many enemies died in the past few rounds.

You can fix it usually by changing resolutions and or opening steam overlay

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

A good front page article

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Is there a console command that lets you shoot only when you are at a complete stop? Might be pretty useful for training your aim and figuring out how to stutter step correctly...

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

UnfurledSails posted:

Is there a console command that lets you shoot only when you are at a complete stop? Might be pretty useful for training your aim and figuring out how to stutter step correctly...

If there is, it's not something I've ever heard of. I suppose there may be some way to script something out for the bind for mouse 1 to not fire unless your velocity is 0 but I'm not sure (I am sure that it would be an offline only thing with sv_cheats if possible at all).

Regardless, you can at least view your velocity using 'cl_showpos 1' in console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The dynamic crosshair is pretty decent for going to its minimum when you stop moving. I wouldn't play a comp match with it but you can deathmatch with it.