Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Forget it WAR FOOT, it's Homestuck.

:negative:

I just want my panels of what happened, BioWare Hussie.

Just tell me Aranea's double dead, and everyone in the outer ring got eaten by a black hole. Tell me where Terezi is. While Davekat is a bad ship, at least VALIDATE it, and canonize that representation. plees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

WAR FOOT posted:

While Davekat is a bad ship, at least VALIDATE it, and canonize that representation. plees.

Got you covered on that front at least

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

yeah but by this logic vriska having rumble spheres as big as her entire body is also canon

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

yeah but by this logic vriska having rumble spheres as big as her entire body is also canon

Yes?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

WAR FOOT posted:

I'm not seeing the contradiction here.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

WAR FOOT posted:

Her eyes are down there.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Still wrong obviously because that'd make her eyes bigger than her stomach

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

WAR FOOT posted:

Also Breath arguably isn't related to Freedom. John and Tavros spend the whole comic being bossed around, Rufioh can't escape bad relationships.

Missed this from earlier.

The titles and aspects aren't necessarily intended to be descriptions of the players as they enter, but are sometimes presented as challenges for the player to become that kind of person. Rufioh's a writeoff because his session failed regardless (though it's worth mentioning that one cause of that group's trouble was his inability to stay committed to a single relationship). Tavros' big shining moment came when he finally told Vriska to gently caress off and ended up rallying the ghost army by his own talents. John liberated himself in the most literal sense. So, I would say it fits.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I like homestuck and I think it's good. I recommended it to a few people and they are reading it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so cruel

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

While Davekat is a bad ship, at least VALIDATE it, and canonize that representation. plees.

alternately, invalidate it, and canonize an actual Good Ship, like vriskat or katnep.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I like Davekat :(

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, they're actually pretty well suited for each other. They complement each others' neuroses.

I also like that the fandom's favourite ships are John/Dave and John/Karkat, so that endgame is a kind of delicious irony.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

This is remininding me of that one comic in which Johnkat and Johndave, represented as people with the ship names on their faces, have to deal with the rising popularity of Davekat who expects to be treated as a major ship, just like them.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 25, 2016

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
davekat works in the pale quadrant, but that's about the only one.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Tenebrais posted:

Yeah, they're actually pretty well suited for each other. They complement each others' neuroses.

I also like that the fandom's favourite ships are John/Dave and John/Karkat, so that endgame is a kind of delicious irony.
As it happens, there are statistics.

Biggest ships:

John/Dave at 10%
Rose/Kanaya at 8%
Dave/Karkat at 7%
Jake/Dirk at 6%
John/Karkat at 5%

From which we can determine that Homestuck shipping has relatively small clusters, a.k.a. is polymorphously perverse. Individual characters do have extremely dominant clusters (note that any given fic is likely to have more than one character, and that this list includes fic that isn't romantically-based):

Dave at 37%
Karkat at 32%
John at 27%
Rose at 21%
Jade at 16%.

In conclusion, BetaOT4 4-ever.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

According to reddit, somebody wrote their undergrad thesis on homestuck

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J8apPNTsLG6SHeJ2GptP6IOIBrQ5x5mZE5Ff5I1-uz0/edit

That's a lot of :words:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tunicate posted:

According to reddit, somebody wrote their undergrad thesis on homestuck

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J8apPNTsLG6SHeJ2GptP6IOIBrQ5x5mZE5Ff5I1-uz0/edit

That's a lot of :words:

Pfft i'm pretty sure the whole troll romance thing was longer

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Hey Plom Bar I just wanted to say I really appreciated the analysis post as I've also been interested in figuring out how things fit with the ending, and you pointed out some stuff that helped a lot. So thanks!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Tenebrais posted:

Not to mention if you flip the caps, they have the exact same manner of speaking.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

huh, hussie's left handed.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Maybe we visit different circles, but those certainly are not the favorite ships I see.

I think I liked Dave<3<Karkat more than lovey-dovey stuff. Karkat's cape magnetism was great.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

As it happens, there are statistics.

Biggest ships:

John/Dave at 10%
Rose/Kanaya at 8%
Dave/Karkat at 7%
Jake/Dirk at 6%
John/Karkat at 5%

From which we can determine that Homestuck shipping has relatively small clusters, a.k.a. is polymorphously perverse. Individual characters do have extremely dominant clusters (note that any given fic is likely to have more than one character, and that this list includes fic that isn't romantically-based):

Dave at 37%
Karkat at 32%
John at 27%
Rose at 21%
Jade at 16%.

In conclusion, BetaOT4 4-ever.

I think it's cool that the majority of these ships are gay, but I can't help but feel the John ones exist because they don't exist.

also Eridan/Sollux what is WRONG with you people

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 26, 2016

President Ark
May 16, 2010

also

President Ark posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Also, I believe the huss stated act 7 will be an epilogue, so I doubt the LE fight will be in that.

called the anticlimax 4 and a half years ago motherfucker

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

President Ark posted:

also

called the anticlimax 4 and a half years ago motherfucker

we hoped against hope he could stick the landing. but hope has deserted this place

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WAR FOOT posted:

we hoped against hope he could stick the landing. but hope has deserted this place

Hope died in act six a long time ago.

And I mean that literally. Remember how Jake's dream self was murdered in his sleep by peanuts? What was the point of that anyway? Did that plot-line ever go anywhere?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

And I mean that literally. Remember how Jake's dream self was murdered in his sleep by peanuts? What was the point of that anyway? Did that plot-line ever go anywhere?

it was probably showing how far off the rails their session had already gone before anyone had even entered

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Most of Act 6 went nowhere. Trickster Mode is especially obnoxious in hindsight.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
is there anything at all that happened in homestuck that actually made sense in even a very general way

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

is there anything at all that happened in homestuck that actually made sense in even a very general way

gamzee murdering nepeta and equius :smug:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

gamzee murdering nepeta and equius :smug:

well yes, it makes sense that a bad character who exists solely to be obnoxious and unenjoyable, would kill two of the characters who were actually good & funny, because in hussie's twisted world, this is how you write good.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Plom Bar I also liked your post even though I straight up don't give a poo poo about the ending of homestuck anymore.

Tunicate posted:

Trolls were a lot better when they were weird aliens with funky psychologies and not just human teenagers in gray paint.

They were always both, tho.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

well yes, it makes sense that a bad character who exists solely to be obnoxious and unenjoyable, would kill two of the characters who were actually good & funny, because in hussie's twisted world, this is how you write good.

Don't worry, Vriska being brought back to life solved the Gamzee problem!

As much of a huge Serket apologist I am, and how much I disliked (Vriska), post-Retcon Vriska is the worst of the bunch.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hold up, I just thought of something: Does Gcatavrosprite now have a portal that leads to a blackhole inside of him? It used to be that first guardians could send things to the sun by putting them inside of their bodies, but if the green sun is now a blackhole does that mean the gravitational pull has been reversed? Does that mean things can now crawl out of Gcatavrosprite?

Could Lord English and everything else that's been sucked into the green sun potentially escape via Tavros FLCL style?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hold up, I just thought of something: Does Gcatavrosprite now have a portal that leads to a blackhole inside of him? It used to be that first guardians could send things to the sun by putting them inside of their bodies, but if the green sun is now a blackhole does that mean the gravitational pull has been reversed? Does that mean things can now crawl out of Gcatavrosprite?

Could Lord English and everything else that's been sucked into the green sun potentially escape via Tavros FLCL style?

You should forget Gcatavrossprite ever existed

Hussie certainly did

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

probably not, because that could actually be sort of cool, and i have given up hope of cool things happening in this dead web comic.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

i miss homestuck

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

CuddlyZombie posted:

i miss homestuck

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

WAR FOOT posted:

As much of a huge Serket apologist I am, and how much I disliked (Vriska), post-Retcon Vriska is the worst of the bunch.

:agreed:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I think the source of your confusion is the word "now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The first 33 seconds of this video sum up Vriska's character arc quite accurately.