Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

You can beat the captcha by clicking said item and losing, but then leaving the captcha open and waiting for the item to pop again, you just hit enter and the captcha takes whatever you had in there as current and correct.

At least that's how it was related to me in mumble last night.

That might work with more common items, but Outlaw rings only sell a handful a day. to fail and leave the captcha up I could potentially be waiting hours, occasionally even days before the next ring was posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemical_Ali
Sep 30, 2005

War Criminal
Is this poo poo worth playing?

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Hi posted:

That might work with more common items, but Outlaw rings only sell a handful a day. to fail and leave the captcha up I could potentially be waiting hours, occasionally even days before the next ring was posted.

sounds like you're basically doing that as it stands?

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Twilight Matrix posted:

sounds like you're basically doing that as it stands?

Only because I didnt realize the extent of how outclassed I was. Id heard rare items all have bots sniping them, but didnt think it was that bad.

I wont continue to wait hours/days on an item that will be bought by a script in a tenth of a second after becoming available no

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar

Chemical_Ali posted:

Is this poo poo worth playing?

Only if you enjoy it.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Mesmerized posted:

one of these days you'll work out autolooping falada

Oh goddamnit. That was like a fourteen hour afk, too.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Hi posted:

Only because I didnt realize the extent of how outclassed I was. Id heard rare items all have bots sniping them, but didnt think it was that bad.

I wont continue to wait hours/days on an item that will be bought by a script in a tenth of a second after becoming available no

For what it's worth I've bought like, 7 rings since the black captcha came out. Snagged the PRI outlaw ring last night, too.

I do think that on occasion you are competing with bots. But I don't think those bots are kept on all the time or on all items. For bigger items with the B lottery it doesn't even matter, because all it means is that you have to get lucky as opposed to being the fastest person. V:shobon:V

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Hi posted:

So do an item that sells fast and usually has low counts while waiting for the post like iron ore usually has 1 stacks to buy

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Clocks posted:

For what it's worth I've bought like, 7 rings since the black captcha came out. Snagged the PRI outlaw ring last night, too.

I do think that on occasion you are competing with bots. But I don't think those bots are kept on all the time or on all items. For bigger items with the B lottery it doesn't even matter, because all it means is that you have to get lucky as opposed to being the fastest person. V:shobon:V

That was you?! :argh:

I know this is going to sound hard to believe but I may have been hasty and overly dramatic cause I got both the rings I needed in the middle of the night without much hassle. I know its not like a goon to jump to conclusions and get upset easily but Im a special snowflake what can I say.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
As a warrior I'm tempted to get the outlaw rings because they are cheaper but I feel like the extra damage from the marks of shadow is more important since my offhand only provides defense.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

CountingWizard posted:

As a warrior I'm tempted to get the outlaw rings because they are cheaper but I feel like the extra damage from the marks of shadow is more important since my offhand only provides defense.

I have 2 Pri Outlaws, and -2 ap for +10 dp is a good trade in my book. If you have the stomach to camp the market and/or farm elrics getting two pris isn't too insane. As opposed to getting Pri Marks or something like that, gently caress that noise.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Hi posted:

That was you?! :argh:

I know this is going to sound hard to believe but I may have been hasty and overly dramatic cause I got both the rings I needed in the middle of the night without much hassle. I know its not like a goon to jump to conclusions and get upset easily but Im a special snowflake what can I say.

It sure was! Or at least I got the third one ever sold on orwen, anyway.

Those rings aren't that bad to get on the market because I'm not sure everyone wants the AP/DP combo. They are great on my valkyrie though - I don't think she really suffers from lower AP but she has a shitton of DP on her and can take a bunch of hits. Plus the rings are much cheaper to buy (and thus attempt to PRI, already failed once :downs:).

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Clocks posted:

I'm not sure everyone wants the AP/DP combo.

That's surprising. Like The Quake said, -2 ap for +10 dp is a pretty great trade, I think I'd take that on just about any melee class.

Speaking of DP, I shoved my first black stone into my tamer's grunil last night, feels good. I'm wishing I hadn't sold the ones I got from leeching red nose kills.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 25, 2016

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

GenJoe posted:

have a pass

2F13-7C56-2F9A-4D96-BB83

Hopefully no one's snagged this yet but thank you

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

So today I realized that for whatever reason, the mini yukata turns really transparent when wet:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I finally decided to make the move to Calpheon, but I am feeling completely overwhelmed by the number of real estate choices. Is there a guide out there of recommended choices or perhaps one of you would be kind enough to take a screenshot of your setup and posting it here? I don't need the ultimate sperglord setup with maximized contribution point efficiency, but a reasonable starting point to work off of would help.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Xavier434 posted:

I finally decided to make the move to Calpheon, but I am feeling completely overwhelmed by the number of real estate choices. Is there a guide out there of recommended choices or perhaps one of you would be kind enough to take a screenshot of your setup and posting it here? I don't need the ultimate sperglord setup with maximized contribution point efficiency, but a reasonable starting point to work off of would help.

Heidel

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Its true that heidel is where the cool people setup their stone crushing operations. Plus 9-4 is a really sweet house (I need 3 more cp to buy it)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/48983-house-combination-for-storage-calpheon/&page=1

Derrio
Oct 13, 2010

That's not funny.

Xavier434 posted:

Heidel is better.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I wasn't expecting that. Why Heidel? Location plus the house in 9-4 or is there more to it? I am primarily interested in Calpheon only because I see that the max tier for a lot of crafting locations is available there and not in Heidel. Do most of you make Heidel your main base of operations and just cherry pick for crafting purposes from there?

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

LegalPad posted:

Leisurely leveling from 1-50 was such a great experience that I thought perhaps this was a game I could casually play for a very long time, but the endgame grind of upgrading your gear+++ is absolute fuckery and I guess I'm pretty much over it at this point. Having the fruit of several hours of grinding and inventory management be a couple more failstacks is simply soulcrushing.

Well that's my story.

You can still have gear upgrading be pretty casual... Save your scrolls and do one scroll group a week, that should get you 50+ stones from the drops and hunter seals. After that the only cost is gear to repair durability, which can either be bought cheap or farmed for depending on what set you use. Then just continue casually enjoying the game and do what you want.

Oh, I also have a theory... I think that you get a significant bonus to your upgrade chances once per day. I found I had decent luck, especially at higher +'s with my first try, and if I kept going I'd get hosed. So now I just go for one + a day for my higher enhanced gear and it's been working pretty well. I have nearly +15'd everything and I play pretty casually and fish a lot.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Why is Heidel so much better? Isn't there poo poo you need to be in Calpheon to even make? I know Grunil is made there, and I assume there's others

Edit: Nevermind, Xavier434 already asked it better

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Really, Heidel is probably best because it's so central. You can go out west to Trent etc if you really need to, you can get to any of the world bosses from there quickly because they're all around that area, and you can head east to Mediah (instead of needing to head all the way east out of Calpheon). When Valencia comes out, Calpheon will be even further away from the most recent and relevant content.

If you need to craft something, you can still buy up the buildings in Calpheon and transport materials there to have workers craft them. Grunil is actually not something you want to be crafting, and anyway there are armor workshops all over (glish/keplan actually have them I think, as does altinova). Really the only reason I have things in Calpheon is because I do Calpheon Timber crates and I'm not sure I'd recommend those to someone just starting out anyway.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I got my Grunils from playing the amity minigame with the armor dealer in Altinova, Mediah

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

I got mine off the marketplace because I'm an impatient madman and I haven't gotten that far yet, but yeah... once I get into upgrade hell, amity sounds better than crafting it from what I've heard.

I like the idea of living out of a city central to world bosses and current content. I'll probably go that route when I get there, and just pay for Transport to/from Heidel like I'm doing from Velia now.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

crazystray posted:

You can still have gear upgrading be pretty casual... Save your scrolls and do one scroll group a week, that should get you 50+ stones from the drops and hunter seals. After that the only cost is gear to repair durability, which can either be bought cheap or farmed for depending on what set you use. Then just continue casually enjoying the game and do what you want.

Oh, I also have a theory... I think that you get a significant bonus to your upgrade chances once per day. I found I had decent luck, especially at higher +'s with my first try, and if I kept going I'd get hosed. So now I just go for one + a day for my higher enhanced gear and it's been working pretty well. I have nearly +15'd everything and I play pretty casually and fish a lot.

I'm not even really a casual player. I'm nearly 52 on my main and have another character almost 50, I just don't think the end game grind is satisfying. Scrolls are loving boring and provide zero challenge. PVP doesn't seem fleshed out, balanced, or rewarding beyond grief value.

I dismissed the early reviews of the game complaining that there were interesting systems but basically no end-game content. I guess that's pretty much how I feel now though. I should probably stick to more traditional MMO's.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Calpheon with maxed storage slots (192), 12 workers, Taritas defence gear forge, T2 clothing workshop and T5 furniture workshop. Not shown, the 3 CPs worth of storage space in Delphe castle. Not necessarily the most efficient setup but a reasonable 69CP total. I could probably shave a few CP off that if I put effort into rearranging the storage.

Technically Heidel is my main city too, but I ended up turning Calpheon into alchemy central and needed every single scrap of storage space.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

LegalPad posted:

I'm not even really a casual player. I'm nearly 52 on my main and have another character almost 50, I just don't think the end game grind is satisfying. Scrolls are loving boring and provide zero challenge. PVP doesn't seem fleshed out, balanced, or rewarding beyond grief value.

I dismissed the early reviews of the game complaining that there were interesting systems but basically no end-game content. I guess that's pretty much how I feel now though. I should probably stick to more traditional MMO's.

I've read two of your posts complaining about this game. BDO probably isn't for you, especially if you can't make your own fun. hth.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

LegalPad posted:

I think you missed his point. He wasn't calling you a casual player, he was saying that the gear system is less onerous if you are one.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this game to anyone who unironically uses the phrase "end-game content," and I'm only level 24. I don't mean that to be derogatory, there are just two distinct kinds of online rpg players. :shrug:

RockyB posted:

Calpheon with maxed storage slots (192), 12 workers, Taritas defence gear forge, T2 clothing workshop and T5 furniture workshop. Not shown, the 3 CPs worth of storage space in Delphe castle. Not necessarily the most efficient setup but a reasonable 69CP total. I could probably shave a few CP off that if I put effort into rearranging the storage.

Technically Heidel is my main city too, but I ended up turning Calpheon into alchemy central and needed every single scrap of storage space.

I would be very interested in this post if your image weren't broken.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

I think you missed his point. He wasn't calling you a casual player, he was saying that the gear system is less onerous if you are one.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this game to anyone who unironically uses the phrase "end-game content," and I'm only level 24. I don't mean that to be derogatory, there are just two distinct kinds of online rpg players. :shrug:

I would be very interested in this post if your image weren't broken.

Nah, I got what he meant, I just don't think this is the game for him since it does require a bit of :effort: to even see better stuff, which, coincidentally, you get by playing the game. Game's a time sink. Those with more time will have better things unless you know how to make some serious bread with only a few hours of game time.

But I did mean it when I said that this game is not for those who cannot make their own fun. I treat the world map as a 4x game with nodes and what I want to do with future contribution once I'm done taking over with my sunflower/strawberry/mushroom crate empire.

I would also be interested in seeing how you have Calpheon laid out. I want to hit alchemy like a natural disaster soon*.

Zeg fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 25, 2016

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

'end-game' isn't a hokey joke phrase. It describes relevant activities that are usually unlocked upon reaching max level or close to it. BDO isn't so different that it doesn't have an end game. Like basically every other MMO, daily quests and repeatable content are usually emphasized.

Like I said though, I should probably stick to more traditional MMOs. Different strokes for different folks.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Belrouze posted:

Nah, I got what he meant, I just don't think this is the game for him since it does require a bit of :effort: to even see better stuff, which, coincidentally, you get by playing the game. Game's a time sink. Those with more time will have better things unless you know how to make some serious bread with only a few hours of game time.

But I did mean it when I said that this game is not for those who cannot make their own fun. I treat the world map as a 4x game with nodes and what I want to do with future contribution once I'm done taking over with my sunflower/strawberry/mushroom crate empire.

That post wasn't at you. I was backing you up, you loving dingus. :cripes:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It takes zero effort to get high tier gear. You won't get a liverto or anything but you can just buy +15 everything you need and it really doesn't take that much work to get money. You could literally just fish and get as much gear as you want eventually.

It's very easy to play bdo casually. Especially with the auction house system keeping prices lower than they would be on like a wow style game.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

randombattle posted:

It takes zero effort to get high tier gear. You won't get a liverto or anything but you can just buy +15 everything you need and it really doesn't take that much work to get money. You could literally just fish and get as much gear as you want eventually.

It's very easy to play bdo casually.i Especially with the auction house system keeping prices lower than they would be on like a wow style game.
Liverto though is where high tier gear begins, speaking about weapons.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LegalPad posted:

'end-game' isn't a hokey joke phrase. It describes relevant activities that are usually unlocked upon reaching max level or close to it. BDO isn't so different that it doesn't have an end game. Like basically every other MMO, daily quests and repeatable content are usually emphasized.

Like I said though, I should probably stick to more traditional MMOs. Different strokes for different folks.

A lot of the progression systems that traditional MMOs offer at end game are things that BDO allows players to engage in throughout most of the experience even at lower levels. Case in point, one can participate in lots of different good money making activities even at early levels of BDO. Gear is not locked by level and you can begin enchanting it very early on. You can explore just about anywhere even at low levels since it is relatively easy to avoid combat if you want to.

What I think that BDO truly lacks at least in terms of PvE are more extensive and time consuming progression systems which ultimately lead to a result that is something other than stronger gear. I'd love it if they introduced more ways to get things like dyes, costumes, furniture (this one isn't too bad), and pets. I know they are now talking about having more events which provide that stuff, but I want something significant added to the core game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Also you can't buy levels. It's not like a level 50 with +15's can play with a level 56, and the exp grind is real.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

That post wasn't at you. I was backing you up, you loving dingus. :cripes:

In my defense, we do have a daily message telling me to get better at BDO. I guess I can ask Probad to add life to that as well. :(

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Weird, the timg is displaying fine for me in Chrome but not firefox. Try a direct link as I cba to set up an imgur account:

http://www.shock-therapy.org/hotlink/desert/calpheon.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

LegalPad posted:

To those of us who don't care for the more traditional MMO model, it can sound pretty drat hilarious. A lot of people use it as a catch-all criticism of anything that doesn't have raids and a permanently rotating gear treadmill, no matter how rich in other forms of content the game may be. It's a wide umbrella term that gets constantly used to support a very narrow perspective. There is a genuine western gamer school of thought that there is only one acceptable way to make online games, and it strikes me as pretty loving weird.

So while you probably aren't that guy, and you have semi-valid beefs, when you say "no end-game content" what I hear is "where's the pve gear treadmill"

Different strokes for different folks indeed.

Eltoasto posted:

Also you can't buy levels. It's not like a level 50 with +15's can play with a level 56, and the exp grind is real.

Why can't they? I thought mob levels topped out around 55 or so, why couldn't a 50 in accuracy-focused +15s run around with a 56?

Belrouze posted:

In my defense, we do have a daily message telling me to get better at BDO. I guess I can ask Probad to add life to that as well. :(

If it's any consolation, I recently wasted a 14 hour afk getting stuck on a fence, and I'm currently logged in standing in the middle of the road doing nothing, because I had to quickly close my VPN and get back to work. I've probably been murdered by Goontang.

RockyB posted:

Weird, the timg is displaying fine for me in Chrome but not firefox. Try a direct link as I cba to set up an imgur account:

http://www.shock-therapy.org/hotlink/desert/calpheon.png

gently caress yeah, thank you. Oddly I'm on chrome as well and your first link still looks fubar to me. Imgur doesn't require an account to host something, fwiw

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 25, 2016