Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Suspicious Dish posted:

i should probably take this wolf ring off shouldn't i, huh

unless you really like having a useless ring equipped, that's probably a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Man I try to fight the urge to get levels now that I'm in the upper end of the NG+ level spectrum but it's hard when you get like 150k going between two bonfires and have nothing else to spend them on. Some part of me is just incapable of forfeiting several hundred thousand souls for when I inevitably screw up I guess?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Internet Kraken posted:

PSA: If you wear either the full fallen knight or abyss watchers set, you're the scum of fashion souls.

It's pretty rad looking but I used the knight set for the gloves and gauntlets instead. I apparently missed out on Alva's armor and haven't gotten to the Faraam or Drakeblood armor sets yet.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Fal-Cone posted:

I had a weird thing happen a couple days ago while co-oping with ~MY GIRLFRIEND~ in Lothric Castle.

We were walking around near the door that leads to the Sunlight shrine in front of the Dragonslayer Armor boss fog when we suddenly hear something screech and die. "HEIR OF FIRE DESTROYED" appeared on both of our screens. I looked over at the bridge where the fight goes down and one of those skinny dragon-things was hanging out up there. Then I got booted out with an ember and sunlight medal.

tl;dr we got a free boss fight and I don't know what the gently caress happened :shrug:

I had something similar happen at Ancient Wyvern. I was attacking something else and didn't reach the ledge before the boss suddenly died and gave me credit for the kill.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Internet Kraken posted:

PSA: If you wear either the full fallen knight or abyss watchers set, you're the scum of fashion souls.

what if i'm level 25 and using the firelink set and firelink greatsword?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

If the Aldritch fight fun or good? Can anyone let me know what I am missing here.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Abyss Watcher set looks too good not to wear at least the chest/gloves. I don't like the hat though, so I'm wearing different helms with it. It looks great with the Firelink Helm and with Leonhard's hat/mask.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

You can have my ragged black cape/tails things when you take it from my cold undead hands.

Although I'll admit you're better off mixing and matching, and not just throwing on the whole set. The helm is too Kylo Ren for my tastes anyway.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Last night I ran into a hacker by the Crucifixion Woods bonfire. He looked like he was wearing and Evangelist hat with "Big Head Mode" turned on. He also started spawning random enemies into the world, including the reworked Asylum Demon. This is the only time I've ever wished I was recording while I was playing.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

On the topic of fashion souls, the lack of Dark Sun crown is loving inexcusable

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I know abyss watcher's set is what all the kids are using these days, but the chest piece reminds me of Guts so I use it with the Alva set in the other slots. I also use a flaming flamberge because I appreciate dumb puns. That's my hot take on Fashion Souls today.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Literally the Benny Hill theme going on right here.

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

So what you're telling me is that I shouldn't have killed that lady on the spot for saying she was gonna fight me later? Well.... gently caress

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
At 30/30 INT/FTH, would a Raw +10 Estoc with CFA (+10 Pyro Glove) have more damage than a Chaos +10 Estoc? Thinking about that for PvP.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I wear the Catarina set

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The drang set still has the best chest piece

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Someone changed the translation on Reddit for that to be more like "requirements," not "consequences," though that makes less sense because I'm pretty sure there aren't any requirements.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

-A bunch of spells are just useless and bad (lol crystal hail)
included in this list are the soul spear spells for some reason

not pictured: soul spear doing less damage than great heavy missile at int under 50

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Internet Kraken posted:

Abyss Chest has a sweet-rear end cape, and looks silly without the gloves. I wear Black Knight pants underneath though.
Helmets are for scrubs.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Linking the Poise vid to all my baby bitch friends who cant stand straight sword PVP. Shits fantastic.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

to the Red Phantom Sign Guy wearing Abyss Watchers wielding an Estoc and Grass Crest Shield:

lol

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

kikkelivelho posted:

The drang set still has the best chest piece

Yep, I have been rocking the Drang set with Creighton's Mask on my fat guy, the dark with steel accents looks really good with the Dogbro shield and Dark Sword as well

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zoinks

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I wear the smough set not for poise, but to intimidate my opponents

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Nice new thread title

its funny because its true

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Melanion posted:

I really, really wish this was the case for the other d-pad directions.

It works for d up

Xenothral posted:

I think it works for spells as well. Shame it doesn't work for left or right though...

e:f;b

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Fereydun posted:

not pictured: soul spear doing less damage than great heavy missile at int under 50

GHSA is like your most damaging spell until you get CSS, and even then it's mostly not worth it because of how much FP CSS costs. GHSA is by far the most efficient spell for damage:FP.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Decrepus posted:

If the Aldritch fight fun or good? Can anyone let me know what I am missing here.

yes yes and pyromancy

dodge arrows by rolling in 90 degree angles

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

GHSA is like your most damaging spell until you get CSS, and even then it's mostly not worth it because of how much FP CSS costs. GHSA is by far the most efficient spell for damage:FP.

i preferred using crystal souls spear because im impatient and want to see things die fast.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Wolf knight set + Leonhard's mask.

Because why not.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Iretep posted:

i preferred using crystal souls spear because im impatient and want to see things die fast.

i think at 60 int CSS only did like 100 more damage than GHSA, but the benefit is that it pierces

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-TwZeQngCk

am I a bad person

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

i think at 60 int CSS only did like 100 more damage than GHSA, but the benefit is that it pierces

those are taken at 55 int so yeah it's p much like 100 more damage

yes but only because you didn't cut the bridge with both the host and phantom on it

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 25, 2016

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Can tell it's a blessed run when I make the crow jump on the first try

Going to need it since it's my second sorcery guy :v:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

So some people just can't do bluecop invasions? And nobody knows why? And I'm one of them? I should stop trying?

You don't have to be embered, do you? I mean the symbol is flashing and everything, it just literally never calls me. I went directly from mound makers invading an area, and getting blue cops to show up and stop me, to being a bluecop, and it's all crickets in here.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Fereydun posted:

yes but only because you didn't cut the bridge with both the host and phantom on it

They wouldn't get on the bridge at the same time, they got split up

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Krinkle posted:

So some people just can't do bluecop invasions? And nobody knows why? And I'm one of them? I should stop trying?

You don't have to be embered, do you? I mean the symbol is flashing and everything, it just literally never calls me. I went directly from mound makers invading an area, and getting blue cops to show up and stop me, to being a bluecop, and it's all crickets in here.

You don't have to be embered, no.

You might just be among the (apparent) majority who just can't get summoned as a Blue. What level are you, out of curiosity?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Fereydun posted:

Anyone who trusts that bridge with a plumbro wandering around deserves to fall to their doom.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Catacombs is the best zone for invading. You get skelepals all over the place, plenty of tight spots for fighting 2v1, it's usually easy to find the host since you can actually tell if they ran past enemies, and then of course there's the rickety bridge at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Fereydun posted:

hm, but have you considered that you get the advantage of facing the extremely dangerous ranged and lunge moves with little or no tells that every mob and boss has? this is an advantage for casters because