Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

be nice wicka posted:

arsenal are williams

Has it really been that long since Williams won anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Fumble posted:

Has it really been that long since Williams won anything?

it's not an exact analogy but

1. aging, out of touch, stubborn team principal (manager)
2. once the team to beat, now also-rans
3. close to the leaders but still a class below
4. prone to imploding when they get a rare chance to succeed

it's pretty dang close

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Williams are Liverpool, relevant in the 80s and 90s, haven't won poo poo since.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Helicon One posted:

Also in this scenario I guess Tottenham Hotspur are Red Bull (showing up in the runners up spot thanks to a late season surge, and everyone hates them).

Some rich guy dumping a shitload of money in to win with a previously poo poo team feels more like Man City to me

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol. If Lewis has a problem with his new engine this weekend then it's going to be replaced with the one which blew up in China.

"The MGU-H has been stripped and the issue is suspected to be associated with the insulation. The turbocharger will be replaced in addition to the oil pumps, after debris was found in the oil system.

"With the repairs completed, this power unit will remain in the driver pool and travel to Sochi as a spare."

We think we know what the problem was but gently caress it, close enough.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

be nice wicka posted:

it's not an exact analogy but

1. aging, out of touch, stubborn team principal (manager)
2. once the team to beat, now also-rans
3. close to the leaders but still a class below
4. prone to imploding when they get a rare chance to succeed

it's pretty dang close

Idk Williams fans arent completely insufferable, McLaren fans however.......

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

Woman beater, Homosexual, Lewis Hamilton

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Baku here with a friendly reminder that we have a shitload of money and also we are European

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Trilliams.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If you keep insulting the manufacturers Christian nobody is going to give you engines.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Fifteen years ago today the original "I'm in a Ferrari that is frustratingly close to being able to win a championship but won't." guy Michele Alboreto died test driving an Audi.

:rip:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

If you keep insulting the manufacturers Christian nobody is going to give you engines.

what'd he say this time?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

1500quidporsche posted:

Fifteen years ago today the original "I'm in a Ferrari that is frustratingly close to being able to win a championship but won't." guy Michele Alboreto died test driving an Audi.

He died doing what he loved.

Driving a car that is just a bit too slow to win a championship.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWpZw2h4-jQ

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

be nice wicka posted:

arsenal are williams

This is unfortunately true.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

krushgroove posted:

Shame on anyone not watching Moto3 right now. Series leader, who has never won a race, started from last (34th) because his engine mapping was illegal. Comes through the field in a record breaking run and I won't spoil it but you must find it and watch it.

There is literally no way anyone reading that post doesn't know he won. Saying "I won't spoil it" doesn't change that.

McMadCow posted:

Karting in the rain is hilarious/ridiculous. Deffo do it.

This.

If you saw the recent "Alonso passes everyone" karting video, this is the same track. But at night. In the rain. On slicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6qb2ZWpMlQ&t=1067s

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Unfortunately I had the worst hangover of my life Sunday so I didn't get out much less leave my bed other than to walk my dog until about 5pm. Going to order some rims for my rain tires tonight, I can either gamble on some German eBay auction or pay a bit more to ship from America.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
NBC already announced Russia will be on CNBC instead of NBCSN

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Red Bull and Haas have picked 10 sets of super-softs and 2 sets of softs. At the other end of the spectrum Ferrari have gone for 6 and 6. Only Manor have picked more than the required 1 set of medium tyres.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What have Mercedes gone for?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hope Hass doesn't have any stupid tyre pressure issues this time.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

What have Mercedes gone for?

8 supers, 4 softs, 1 medium

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

be nice wicka posted:

arsenal are williams

I'd like to see Claire Williams' arse n' all, if ya know what I mean, fellas. :quagmire:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dudley posted:

There is literally no way anyone reading that post doesn't know he won. Saying "I won't spoil it" doesn't change that.

Like I said, shame on anyone who didn't watch it. BTW 'the record' could have been him finishing on the podium, I didn't spoil anything.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

krushgroove posted:

Like I said, shame on anyone who didn't watch it. BTW 'the record' could have been him finishing on the podium, I didn't spoil anything.

Yeah.

No.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

nm

gret fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 26, 2016

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Comments on social media are always great

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So, who's getting the good car then.

Lewis, cocking about in new york and showing off his new tiger tattoo with a shower picture.
Nico, in Germany doing sponsorship stuff

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Wicka Twitter account spotted

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

that's my instagram, idiot

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I'm offended that you picked Wicka for this joke and not me

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Nobody can spell Tjsaede.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah I just think of you as that poster who's name makes think I'm looking at it cross eyed.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Sadjoe

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Maybe it's just cause I work with 'urban youth' from the 'inner city' but I could say his name no problem. Get ya phonetics on ppl.

Norns posted:

Yeah I just think of you as that poster who's name makes think I'm looking at it cross eyed.

This motherfucker "Noms" has no room to talk

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Ted's Baku notebook (doesn't seem to be region locked)

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24100/10258754/watch-teds-baku-notebook

Still looks phallic, they need a cock and balls hotel like abby dhabby

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

learnincurve posted:

So, who's getting the good car then.

Lewis, cocking about in new york and showing off his new tiger tattoo with a shower picture.
Nico, in Germany doing sponsorship stuff

You're aware part of Their Lewis' contract with Merc is that he gets to do minimal sponsorship poo poo, right?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Whitey Ford posted:

Ted's Baku notebook (doesn't seem to be region locked)

Much like the European Grand Prix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

GramCracker posted:

You're aware part of Their Lewis' contract with Merc is that he gets to do minimal sponsorship poo poo, right?

Which is all well and good, but when your contract also states that you have equal standing with your team mate and he's seen having a whale of a time in the fatherland with pro-footballers at sponsor events, and you are seen on instagram dressed like a cock looking moody, while telling the press that you have done more for the sport than one of your bosses who won a WDC with the side of his head still smouldering, then you might end up with poo poo like your spare engine for this race being the one that exploded last race.

• Locked thread