Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

That pilot is really awesome. This just fills me with hope for Rebel Veterans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Some Numbers posted:

I said the same thing!

Wait, Defenders can BOOST?!

thespaceinvader posted:

:tviv: Ryad is going to be amazing. PTL/Engine/x7 5k evade boost focus all day.

Bolded for your convenience ;)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Current TTS league interest:

Myself
General Battuta
ConfusedUs
Finster Dexter
ro5s
Chemmy
Aramoro
The Gate

That's eight, which I consider the bare minimum for a weekly league. Anybody else want in? I'll accept new entries until the end of Friday (CDT).

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Strobe posted:

Myself
General Battuta
ConfusedUs
Finster Dexter
ro5s
Chemmy
Aramoro
The Gate

That's eight, which I consider the bare minimum for a weekly league. Anybody else want in? I'll accept new entries until the end of Friday (CDT).

I've installed TTS but never played with it. I probably could.

Question, do we have enough Imperial pilots yet to do an all-female list? Howlrunner? Juno Eclipse? Countess Ryad? Whisper?

Deviant fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 25, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Edit: double, gently caress.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thespaceinvader posted:

Bolded for your convenience ;)

Oh you're right, I just glossed over that. So that's what? 39 points?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Deviant posted:

Question, do we have enough Imperial pilots yet to do an all-female list? Howlrunner? Juno Eclipse? Countess Ryad? Whisper?

Fill out the rest with academy TIEs and use your imagination

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Deviant posted:

Ryad/Whisper/Echo.

Heck, Whisper/Echo/Howl.

Both Phantom pilots are canonically female I think and between them are 80 points.

Some Numbers posted:

Oh you're right, I just glossed over that. So that's what? 39 points?
Yup. probably a bit dear, but that's a MASSIVE amount of flexibility in terms of where you can end up. and how you can avoid being blocked.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
She can't change the speed, which limits her flexibility.

Though this does give me an idea for a generic astro for X- and E-wings.

<name>
Astromech, 1 pt

When you reveal a maneuver, you may discard this card in order to change your maneuver to another on your dial. After you execute that maneuver, receive one stress token.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
So I got my first couple of games in this weekend and I'm loving hooked. May have also conned a friend into buying some stuff after playing with him. I'm really bad at the game, but hopefully that will change over time. I convinced my wife to give it a shot last night, and I flew straight through an asteroid with Soontir on turn 2 and he was blown to smithereens shortly after. He never even got to do a thing.

I'm leaning towards preferring the Rebels, but I'm also probably really bad at building squads. Anyone have any recommendations for each side based on what I own:

• 1 of each core set
  • X-Wing
  • Y-Wing
  • A-Wing
  • Falcon
  • TIE Fighter
  • TIE Advanced
  • TIE Interceptor
  • TIE Bomber
  • Imperial Aces
  • Rebel Aces

I've got my eyes on a few things, but I have no idea what I want to buy next. I probably went too crazy off the bat.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Someone in the Facebook group is having a Poe bitch fit. Once I'm done with scout camp I'm gonna paint some nice Poe wrap art on one of the larger ships.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Chill la Chill posted:

Someone in the Facebook group is having a Poe bitch fit. Once I'm done with scout camp I'm gonna paint some nice Poe wrap art on one of the larger ships.

What is there to bitch about besides him not being PS9

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Strobe posted:

Myself
General Battuta
ConfusedUs
Finster Dexter
ro5s
Chemmy
Aramoro
The Gate

I installed TTS and the stuff so count me in too.

overdesigned fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 25, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

alg posted:

What is there to bitch about besides him not being PS9

They don't like the flow of Poe repaints which admittedly all look the same. It's weird to me cuz there's so much posting that happens there that I turned off the posts from appearing on my feed. I guess it's annoying for people who choose to leave them on and see the Poe repaints throughout the day.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

Myself
General Battuta
ConfusedUs
Finster Dexter
ro5s
Chemmy
Aramoro
The Gate

I own TTS but have never played a single thing on it. Let me get everything set up and dick around with it, I might be interested if it's not too clunky.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Deviant posted:

Do generics with a character crew upgrade count? Mara Jade and/or Ysanne Isard in a Patrol Leader decimator

siggy2021 posted:

So I got my first couple of games in this weekend and I'm loving hooked. May have also conned a friend into buying some stuff after playing with him. I'm really bad at the game, but hopefully that will change over time. I convinced my wife to give it a shot last night, and I flew straight through an asteroid with Soontir on turn 2 and he was blown to smithereens shortly after. He never even got to do a thing.

I'm leaning towards preferring the Rebels, but I'm also probably really bad at building squads. Anyone have any recommendations for each side based on what I own:

• 1 of each core set
  • X-Wing
  • Y-Wing
  • A-Wing
  • Falcon
  • TIE Fighter
  • TIE Advanced
  • TIE Interceptor
  • TIE Bomber
  • Imperial Aces
  • Rebel Aces

I've got my eyes on a few things, but I have no idea what I want to buy next. I probably went too crazy off the bat.

The T-70 XWing and Tie/Fo, perhaps? Both add a few new cards/characters to give you a few new options (~~Omega Leader~~)

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

release the official poe ffg

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

Myself
General Battuta
ConfusedUs
Finster Dexter
ro5s
Chemmy
Aramoro
The Gate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpRTyRdAwxM

Haven't actually played a game in TTS but I've watched videos and played around with it enough that I'm sure I can muddle my way through.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 25, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Hey strobe, someone made it to top 16 at the Chicago regionals with an XXXXZ list

4x Rookie Pilots, R2, Integrated Astromech plus one Z95

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

They don't like the flow of Poe repaints which admittedly all look the same. It's weird to me cuz there's so much posting that happens there that I turned off the posts from appearing on my feed. I guess it's annoying for people who choose to leave them on and see the Poe repaints throughout the day.

It's going to be sad and funny when an official FFG T-70 model done in that style gets released and everyone who did babby's first repaint is going to be too ashamed to use theirs now :(

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

ConfusedUs posted:

Hey strobe, someone made it to top 16 at the Chicago regionals with an XXXXZ list

4x Rookie Pilots, R2, Integrated Astromech plus one Z95

4XZ is a thing i am definitely considering for my regional.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

canyoneer posted:

It's going to be sad and funny when an official FFG T-70 model done in that style gets released and everyone who did babby's first repaint is going to be too ashamed to use theirs now :(

Yeah. I mean I like the well done ones but there's a lot of THIN YOUR PAINTS!! ones too. Everyone's gonna start from somewhere but I agree with you on that's prob what's gonna happen. I had a prototype A-wing that I practiced some weathering on when I was coming back to painting that people used to think was the official rebel aces one before it came out. :lol: I still use it for Poe/Corran/A cuz the paint jobs give me good luck and many kills. (Thank Mr Damron)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

canyoneer posted:

This is why I'm not bothering to get a T-70 painted.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Strobe posted:

She can't change the speed, which limits her flexibility.

Though this does give me an idea for a generic astro for X- and E-wings.

<name>
Astromech, 1 pt

When you reveal a maneuver, you may discard this card in order to change your maneuver to another on your dial. After you execute that maneuver, receive one stress token.

That sounds like a fit for Obi-Wan's R4-P17 from Ep.2 and 3, although prequel stuff is maybe verboten.

Panzeh posted:

4XZ is a thing i am definitely considering for my regional.

I'm pretty sure I'm bringing 4-LOM/Zuckuss and 2xU-boats to FFG regional.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Second place guy at Chicago regionals posted a trip report on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/4ge01t/my_run_at_the_chicago_regional/

He ran the following list:
Jake Farrell w/ PTL, VI, Autothrusters, Title, Proton Rockets
Poe Dameron w/ VI, R5-P9, Autothrusters
Kyle Katarn w/ Autoblaster turret, Chewbacca, title, Adaptability

Winner ran a Howlrunner, Scourge, Mauler Mithel, and 3 Black Squadron TIE swarm, all with Crackshot. There's a video link of the final game in the guy's post.

He also reports that crack swarms walloped triple scout lists. The meta changes, but swarms will always be a strong archetype

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

If anyone still needs one, the TFA starter set is almost 50% off on Amazon today.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Uggggggggh gonna have to buy a second Punisher now so I can properly hop on the triple x7 Defender bandwagon. I guess I can get some value out of a third copy of extra munitions, at least :v:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Deviant posted:

And Redline.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Apparently Redline's a dude :(

Edit: Deathrain, on the otherhand, has no designation.

BOGO LOAD fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 25, 2016

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Tacopocalypse posted:

Well, dang.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tacopocalypse posted:

Deathrain is a little old lady who knits socks when she's not blowing poo poo up.

I won't hear otherwise.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I bought a B-Wing a while back and the peg on the back was damaged. Went through Asmodee's customer service and got a new B-Wing today, hooray.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Improbable Lobster posted:

I bought a B-Wing a while back and the peg on the back was damaged. Went through Asmodee's customer service and got a new B-Wing today, hooray.

Now glue the broken peg back together and you get two B-Wings!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

In for a TTS league, I just need to fiddle with it a little more.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Improbable Lobster posted:

I had a jumpmaster that wouldn't fit on any peg and I just got a replacement model a couple days ago. Joke's on them cuz I'll just make the hole larger and make one fit and now I'll have 4 jumpmasters to paint neat things on. :getin:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I want something stupid and nonsensical to paint on my jm5ks. Maybe the starting pokeman squirtle bulbasaur and charmander...or something else entirely.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Paint the totally spies or powerpuff girls with fun colors and rainbows and stars in the background.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Zuckuss breathes ammonia or some crap, right? Gonna paint the circles on the G1-A into Mr Yuck.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Devlan Mud posted:

Zuckuss breathes ammonia or some crap, right? Gonna paint the circles on the G1-A into Mr Yuck.

Zuckuss just says that so he can claim he's in mortal peril if you don't acquiesce to his piss-sniffing fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Hey, has anyone got a chart of where you can end up with BB8 maneuvers? It'd be real easy to game out on the floor too, I just want something to look at on my phone.

• Locked thread