Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I want to fly into Gallente space, fit out a T2 Talos, and blow something the gently caress up. :black101:

Would think with that much dps, I could pretty much kill any barge/exhumer in a .5? Need to have transversal as low as possible due to larges yes? Fit the thing out with nothing but MagStabs, TCs, and Sebos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Libluini posted:

Well, good news: CCP plans to upgrade the Skiff and the Procurer's graphics, so you won't have that problem in the future.

I thought all the barges/exhumers were getting new models with the Industrial array patch?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I blew up someone's Mackinaw a few years ago with a friend. The guy brought out a Megathron and shot at our neutral friend that was salvaging the wreck and got his ship blown up by Concord. It was a great time.

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

Hobold posted:

I thought all the barges/exhumers were getting new models with the Industrial array patch?

Yes, all of them.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Hobold posted:

Eh, I only saw pictures from the updated Skiff/Procurer. And I missed the ship-twitch on the second day of Fanfest, so it could be. :shrug:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Libluini posted:

Eh, I only saw pictures from the updated Skiff/Procurer. And I missed the ship-twitch on the second day of Fanfest, so it could be. :shrug:

They only showed off the Skiff/Procurer, but I think all of them are getting redone.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Drythe posted:

I dunno, I'm apparently not charming enough in game. Every time the dude is like "nah, this is some fat bait"

I need a scamming mentor

find stupider people

even lovely terrible highsec miners can have money if theyve been mining veldspar for the last 6 years. thats great because they probably don't know about anything other than mining rocks for pennies even though they've amassed a scrooge mcduck level pot of coins

all of the scam marks ive found are straight up visibly dumb as hell. they practically beg you to take their money

Foe Hammer
Feb 6, 2016

Strategy is for people that don't have Swords! Play devil’s advocate even when you know you’re wrong because a blog where everyone agrees is boring!

nigga crab pollock posted:

find stupider people

even lovely terrible highsec miners can have money if theyve been mining veldspar for the last 6 years. thats great because they probably don't know about anything other than mining rocks for pennies even though they've amassed a scrooge mcduck level pot of coins

all of the scam marks ive found are straight up visibly dumb as hell. they practically beg you to take their money

I was in Jita and was picking on a scammer and posted, "send me isk i'll halve it for you" and someone sent me 25mill.

I like the scammers that will do contracts for firetails for 1 mill then after they do a few for 1 mill they do one for 1 billion. I've picked off a dozen ships like this at the low price. and yes I've made a few mistakes like when they sub out a firetail for a cheaper ship but I will send all my isk except for 5 mill to my alt so that I don't accidently click and lose 1 bill.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Foe Hammer posted:

I was in Jita and was picking on a scammer and posted, "send me isk i'll halve it for you" and someone sent me 25mill.

I like the scammers that will do contracts for firetails for 1 mill then after they do a few for 1 mill they do one for 1 billion. I've picked off a dozen ships like this at the low price. and yes I've made a few mistakes like when they sub out a firetail for a cheaper ship but I will send all my isk except for 5 mill to my alt so that I don't accidently click and lose 1 bill.

There was a guy in Amarr doing a thing like that, but he would make all of the cheap contracts a bit beforehand, so I could just search his name in the contracts and buy out all the really cheap ones before he could even post them in local.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Foe Hammer posted:

dude uninstall life

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I AM THE FOEHAMMER HERE

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
IN SPACE EVE ONLINE

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
What happens when the chill thread sees two foehammers?! See it in the next episode of Dragonball z.

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

Ben Smash posted:

Hey can anybody photoshop the fatbee wings and helmet on this picture?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about photoshopping stuff but I just shot something.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
One time I ran a scam in amarr. It technically wasn't a scam, I would challenge people to a game, convo me and send me money. I'll either send back double or take it. At which point, if the former you have the chance to send me back double or steal it, repeat until one of us runs off with the buxxx. Tons of dudes started with 1m, played like 3-4 times and then sent 100m or w.e. It was p funny honestly and I just had a spreadsheet and made sure I always stayed in the black. Made a few bil off of it back before I was straight up scrooge mcduck like I am now with literally so much money I don't even know how to nor trust myself trading with it, so that was pretty big for me.

I was a really good recruitment scammer and seller of valued vapor supers once upon a time but I guess one day I got too bitter and now I just can't keep up a conversation for long enough without remembering how much I hate pubbies

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
On the note of that last bit. Prenthscleve up in here testing my ability to stay chill, pls either be chill and don't troll the chill thread or go post in one of the other threads with your d name level posts

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
syn dick stop playing with sions

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Lol prenthscleve is banned again.

I don't play with sion, friend, I play with AmZEROkDOTTE

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
you should be ceo gently caress that other fagit named nina

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
oh wait that wasn't PC

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Syndic Thrass posted:

AmZEROkDOTTE

i can't even tell if this is ironic anymore

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Chill thread I have an exploration question about the high sec data site (.7) I found last night that dropped an implant BPC and some other loot: I thought exploration sites didn't have or spawn rats in them, but after I hacked and looted the first can at this data site four pirate frigs warped on grid and I had to clear out. Is there a specific type of site/signature name that gives away whether or not pirates will show up when you complete a hack?

Unless I have misread the various exploration guides, I thought relic/data sites were combat free unless you're dicking around with W-space stuff

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Sounds like you found a ghost site. I'm not super knowledgeable about them but if you're in GSF join the karmaholers Jabber and ping klavas, I think he does them.

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ghost_Site

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Jazzzzz posted:

Chill thread I have an exploration question about the high sec data site (.7) I found last night that dropped an implant BPC and some other loot: I thought exploration sites didn't have or spawn rats in them, but after I hacked and looted the first can at this data site four pirate frigs warped on grid and I had to clear out. Is there a specific type of site/signature name that gives away whether or not pirates will show up when you complete a hack?

Unless I have misread the various exploration guides, I thought relic/data sites were combat free unless you're dicking around with W-space stuff
You found a Ghost site: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ghost_Site

quote:

They show up in the anomaly list as "<size> <faction> Covert Research Facility".

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

BromanderData posted:

I don't know about photoshopping stuff but I just shot something.

There's more where that came from :wink:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I'm thinking about resubbing and focusing on getting the biggest drat mining ship and just mining space rocks for the corp in nullsec all day. I don't really want to do big boy fleet battles or any of that poo poo. Just want to play excel in space while watching TV in the background or whatever.

Is there a place with goons for my dumb casual rear end?

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

ROFLburger posted:

I'm thinking about resubbing and focusing on getting the biggest drat mining ship and just mining space rocks for the corp in nullsec all day. I don't really want to do big boy fleet battles or any of that poo poo. Just want to play excel in space while watching TV in the background or whatever.

Yeah. Join groon.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Or hole squad

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

i can't even tell if this is ironic anymore

Tbh most people on gf dot com don't even get it anymore. Someone asked me what corp that was when I wrote it that way in a post one time.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Syndic Thrass posted:

Tbh most people on gf dot com don't even get it anymore. Someone asked me what corp that was when I wrote it that way in a post one time.

well NC. has a corp logo with the text "NCDOT" so i don't know if people really get the pre-2010 humor anymore at all

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Why are there so many dots? Is it because all of the good/legacy names are taken and/or locked away in banned accounts a la BoB and Goonfleet?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Morris posted:

Sounds like you found a ghost site.

Thanks dudes. Looks like I got lucky I didn't get my Heron blown up - I had stabs fitted because I was planning to try scanning in lowsec and I can't fit a cloak, and it looks like the rats that spawn can scram you.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Morris posted:

Why are there so many dots? Is it because all of the good/legacy names are taken

yes

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Ben Smash posted:

Or hole squad

No I'm not ceo

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Hobold posted:

I want to fly into Gallente space, fit out a T2 Talos, and blow something the gently caress up. :black101:

Would think with that much dps, I could pretty much kill any barge/exhumer in a .5? Need to have transversal as low as possible due to larges yes? Fit the thing out with nothing but MagStabs, TCs, and Sebos.

A Talos is roughly two t2 catalysts. So anything you can kill with two cats. That'll cover most non super tanked Mack's and hulks. Transversal, etc doesn't matter unless someone using a TD on you as they have ~5km optimal and will be moving too slow to build up any sort of transversal.

E: an ab barge moves around 300m/s and mwd goes at 600 m/s if remember. If they're moving that fast, you shouldn't go after them because they'll be out of optimal by the time you land unless you lead them v well.

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 26, 2016

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

ROFLburger posted:

Don't mine. Mining wastes a ton of skillpoints and the ISK return is never worth it. If you want to play "space relaxation tape" do exploration, if you want to watch netflix while watching your wallet slowly increase train for the drone ratting ships and go that route. I gurantee you will get bored of mining within the week or when you realize how much everything is actually worth.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Mining rules, ratting drools.

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016
Seriously, CCP intends to move moon mining to an active duty. Maybe by the end of the year, mining can become really profitable. I'm sorry for everyone who extracacted their mining skills.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Guys I'm thinking of starting a new goons schism alliance "NO MARTINIS [TMDC]"

Right now we only have two corps

Smash Investments and Poor Decisions [GILA.] - Holding Corp (defunct)
Drunk Driving on a Wednesday [WEDS.] - Hauling Corp (defunct)

Who's down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Use it as a holding alliance to claim all of those names you thought up when we were naming sqwid, those were beautiful.

• Locked thread