Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
The DK cargo overhaul is nice, but I prefer my local version with vanilla like numbers and more sane build requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I should really update the mod list anyway, because the OKI weapon set's been abandoned iirc, and there's probably some new mods worth adding to it.

Not entirely. It's here and fixed to be usable with the latest reload changes.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655819449&searchtext=oki

The Tank and Mech weapons set still works.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Anyone able to see blocks when you check "Show on HUD"? Ever since the update I can't get the game to show things on my HUD when I want to tweak them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Patch Time! And it's not another round of bug fixes for a change!

quote:

Summary
This week's update brings you much improved HUD markers which means less text-spam and clutter on your screen while playing. Also all the markers now render by depth order, fade in & out and group together according to the situation and player's orientation. We will keep improving this system in the future though and we welcome your feedback!
We also made significant voxel modification optimizations this week, so there should be less stuttering, lagging and freezing when changes to voxels are happening (e.g. mining and explosions). And last, but not least, our modding community on github continues with the improvements of the programmable block/ModAPI. Plus we just updated the github source with the fresh game code ;) Thanks again guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmzafPpax1I

Features
- improved HUD markers
- voxel modification optimizations
- Space Master now has the option to delete all floating objects
- improved programmable block

HUD Marker behavior:
- less text spam; markers now fade their titles out when not looking at them and their distance label is reduced in size
- signal grouping; signals that are very far away are now clustered into a single signal on the screen with a small summary of what it contains
- signal type symbology; signals now also show their relationship to the player through a symbol, instead of just colors. This should also be helpful if you are color blind
- signals now render by depth order, which means the nearest signal is always on top of the stack. This slightly improves readability in the case of many signals on a pile
- exclamation marks next to an icon indicate hostile contact within 1km of that location
- holding Alt will reveal all text tags like you saw with the old HUD system

Fixes
- fixed crash when loading world
- fixed flashing highlight remain on if you move cursor to older cube hatch
- fixed wrong camera when in remote
- fixed jump drive still draining power when turned off
- fixed blocks are not deleted in limited world
- fixed wrong tooltips in edit screen
- fixed camera get's into characters head in cockpit
- fixed camera gets into characters face when flying

- fixed bug with infinite Inventory
- fixed spherical generator max. power is negative
- fixed serious simulation speed drops caused by new particles
- running time information is now available as a double instead of a long (Malware)
- fixed a bug where clients would cause servers to reload their PB scripts (Malware)
- added the ability to check if a player is an admin or a promoted user via ModAPI (Rexxar)

lilspooky posted:

Not entirely. It's here and fixed to be usable with the latest reload changes.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655819449&searchtext=oki

The Tank and Mech weapons set still works.

Actually all the affected weapon packs (Riders cannons had it too) were fixed by the patch a week or two back, because it was affecting some vanilla weapons too. Also the Tank and Mech weapon sets don't have DX11 versions in the original mod. I'll try to track down versions with them though.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So I guess nobody plays Medieval Engineers

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

lilspooky posted:

Anyone able to see blocks when you check "Show on HUD"? Ever since the update I can't get the game to show things on my HUD when I want to tweak them.

The block in question must be on the same grid as a broadcast-enabled Antenna.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
That's what I was thinking, and I turned around to add an antenna and saw................an antenna on the ship.

Even spawned in multiple random blueprint vessels with antennas. No dice. built a whole new station and ship from scratch. With antennas. No dice.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lilspooky posted:

That's what I was thinking, and I turned around to add an antenna and saw................an antenna on the ship.

Even spawned in multiple random blueprint vessels with antennas. No dice. built a whole new station and ship from scratch. With antennas. No dice.

When in doubt; wait for the hotfix.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Hrm, all of a sudden when I hold down LAlt in 3rd person view it locks the camera in place (while controlling a ship or myself in a suit.

I have no clue whats going on, checked my config and it's still says LALT is free view. :argh:

I'm pretty sure I've not subscribed to any mods that would alter that.
Then again, which my subscribed workshop items list approaching 300 entries (Before starting my subscriptions from scratch I was approaching 500 items... so I think shaving off nearly 200 items was a good start.) there might be something wrong.

Oh, speaking of more mods, whats everyones opinion on speed limit mods and what speeds should I be looking for. (Looking at Midspace's speed mods and there's just so many to choose from.)

Robzilla fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 22, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What mods are absolutely necessary or cool should get them?

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

What mods are absolutely necessary or cool should get them?

I just asked this last page...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Right in the OP, down the bottom :v:.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The explosion in that video thumbnail makes me wish explosions in the game were better. :(

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Robzilla posted:

I just asked this last page...

I thought those were all copy/paste jobs of other people's creations rather than like, features and content.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rhjamiz posted:

The explosion in that video thumbnail makes me wish explosions in the game were better. :(

Watch the teaser at the end of this week's video :ssh:.

Phi230 posted:

I thought those were all copy/paste jobs of other people's creations rather than like, features and content.

Right above the creations list, the section marked "Goon-Recommended Mods" :v:.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Phi230 posted:

So I guess nobody plays Medieval Engineers

Sometimes I dick around and make a cart, then break it while building a keep and call it a day.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Geez how do you guys play with planets, it barely functions its so intensive.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phi230 posted:

Geez how do you guys play with planets, it barely functions its so intensive.

Personally I keep my rig overclocked at 6.66Ghz and liquid-cooled with the blood of the innocent just to get a tolerable framerate. What are your PC specs like?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Personally I keep my rig overclocked at 6.66Ghz and liquid-cooled with the blood of the innocent just to get a tolerable framerate. What are your PC specs like?

AMD 7900, 8 gigs ram, quad 3.4 ghz i5

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phi230 posted:

AMD 7900, 8 gigs ram, quad 3.4 ghz i5

What settings are you trying to run the game on?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What settings are you trying to run the game on?

I was trying for high but it seems to work well with medium

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Planets feel much more stable with more memory. Is it still a problem if you try to drill through a planet more than 7km deep without 32GB ram? I could never get much deeper on my old rig before ships and tools would just vanish.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
That's because the game is designed to just destroy / vanish anything that gets below a certain depth on planets or moons.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Seeing as people like'em, I did a cutaway on the new version of the Avalon.

The pipeline under the lower hangar deck actually has walkable space on either side, they dip under the horizontal connections in little periodic ditches. There's also gonna be regular pressure doors in the long corridors so you don't lose the entire goddamn deck in the event of depressurization once they're filled in a bit more and I have an idea of where all the doors are. Every weapon emplacement also has a Welder behind it for automatic repair work.

And this time, I didn't forget the important part of a cutaway diagram;

A (space)man on a toilet :v:. It's the little gap in the corridor wall in the picture of the forward sections.

Also it's a good thing I checked, as Deck 4's corridor is actually where the bottom layer of the upper gravity cannon barrel should be :cripes:.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
So I was testing out my Atmospheric Miner Mk II and the LCDs and forgot I had thrown up and bunch of images to cycle through while I fiddle... After a few hours of fiddling (I dunno how many iterations I've gone through) I feel someone watching me.....

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

How did you get those panels like that.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Firos posted:

How did you get those panels like that.
With SlopeLCDPanels also the Configurable Automatic LCDs script.

Also, anyone know of a script that will automatically adjust my thrust based on the weight/mass of my vessel? I am finding that with an empty payload in my miner, once I unlock the landing gears I fly up a meter or so since I have so many thrusters to compensate for a full load.

Robzilla fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 24, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Robzilla posted:

With SlopeLCDPanels also the Configurable Automatic LCDs script.

Also, anyone know of a script that will automatically adjust my thrust based on the weight/mass of my vessel? I am finding that with an empty payload in my miner, once I unlock the landing gears I fly up a meter or so since I have so many thrusters to compensate for a full load.

You know, I could've sworn I put the Slope LCD's in the OP list. They're there now, at any rate :cripes:. Also swapped the Deadtech decorative collections for Eikester's much better ones.

Also my ship now has a nice decorative briefing/tac-ops room and a brig.

I'll leave you to work out which is which :v:.

Due to them being stuck right under the upper Gravity Cannon (I managed to fit them on either side of where the central corridor should've been anyway before it got replaced with cannon barrel), they've both got little blue warning lights. Basically they mean you should either stay in your seat/cell bunk or get the hell out of the room if you don't want to get smeared into the far wall in the immediate future :gibs:.

Incidentally the deck below, which has the forward section's toilets, is not in the field of influence for either cannon's gravity generators :v:..

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Have the ship empty its waste containers into the gravity cannon during firing. For that extra touch. :D

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672198306

Fleet command script, have fun neddy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I saw that, it looks really neat and I might try it with some of my smaller ships.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Is it me or are Earthbreaker Drills really fragile?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Yeah, they're super fragile. I use these now instead. They're bigger, and have a higher resource cost, but they're a great drill.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Firos posted:

Yeah, they're super fragile. I use these now instead. They're bigger, and have a higher resource cost, but they're a great drill.

I might look into those, my mining probes need a better drillhead.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Are rotors completely bugged in this game? I've not been playing long, but I found a cool-looking spawned ship that used rotors to switch twin arms between grinders and welders. (I think it was this one). While I was piggy-backing it back to my base it spontaneously exploded, which I wrote off as a glitch. Later I tried making a ship of my own using much the same idea, and it worked fine until I left it alone for a while, only for me to return to find it destroyed (along with a bunch of ships parked nearby). Reverting to a save, it does the same thing immediately, it's difficult to see but it seems the rotor arms fling themselves off the ship and smash into everything nearby.

This is all in single player. I've seen discussions that say pistons and rotors are glitchy in MP but no mention of them being buggy in SP. Should I give them up as a bad job?

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Hobnob posted:

Are rotors completely bugged in this game? I've not been playing long, but I found a cool-looking spawned ship that used rotors to switch twin arms between grinders and welders. (I think it was this one). While I was piggy-backing it back to my base it spontaneously exploded, which I wrote off as a glitch. Later I tried making a ship of my own using much the same idea, and it worked fine until I left it alone for a while, only for me to return to find it destroyed (along with a bunch of ships parked nearby). Reverting to a save, it does the same thing immediately, it's difficult to see but it seems the rotor arms fling themselves off the ship and smash into everything nearby.

This is all in single player. I've seen discussions that say pistons and rotors are glitchy in MP but no mention of them being buggy in SP. Should I give them up as a bad job?

I was able to fix this by setting the rotor displacement out. At least it's been fine for a few hours.

It'll explode right after I post this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bondematt posted:

I was able to fix this by setting the rotor displacement out. At least it's been fine for a few hours.

It'll explode right after I post this.

Setting them out a millimeter or two generally does the trick. It's only fully closed that rotors and pistons tend to have... issues.

Also, you want a non-laggy fancy big(-ish) ship?

Have a Narwhal Frigate. Even works in atmosphere... so long as the Hydrogen Thrusters don't run out of fuel. Then it tends to be a bit of a brick in gravity. Finally got around to ripping off the LCD script text from my original half-assed Battlecarrier, so I can now insert/edit it much quicker into other ships instead of tediously doing it from scratch.

Also comes with a Kestrel rigged with protective armor for a sweet tacticool boarding craft, and the new version of my Hawk starfighter that I'm still fiddling with (it has an LCD-mounted cockpit with fancy displays now).

Firos posted:

I gave the MexPex Heavy Drills a try.

I think they may be a tad large for my mining probes...

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I gave the MexPex Heavy Drills a try.

I think they may be a tad large for my mining probes...

Or perhaps it's your mining drones that are too small. Hmm? Hmmmm? :colbert:

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Yeah I was using the Earthbreaker drills on my atmospheric mining ship.
The MexPax drills are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to large.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm trying to make an elevator using a piston, I have managed to set up a sensor so that when you step onto the piston it rises up, but when you're at the top of the elevator it stays up and won't go down. Is there a way to make it so that sensors can make it go up and down when the player is in different places? IE at the top vs the bottom of the piston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phi230 posted:

I'm trying to make an elevator using a piston, I have managed to set up a sensor so that when you step onto the piston it rises up, but when you're at the top of the elevator it stays up and won't go down. Is there a way to make it so that sensors can make it go up and down when the player is in different places? IE at the top vs the bottom of the piston

Set it to reverse the piston's direction when it senses a person.

• Locked thread