Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So if no Chimay, was there any other decent beer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

NewFatMike posted:

I purchased the premium drink plan before getting on, which is a good choice.

I went once in an hotel in Mexico which offered an all-in plan. The trick is that if you don't ask for anything special they will use the cheapest alcohols ever for all your drinks, but if you DO ask them for the fancy bottles, they will open them with pleasure.

The cons of such a place was the endless hordes of loud and obnoxious American tourists drunk from 11AM to 11PM

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Toast Museum posted:

I guess Vizio finally realized that, because their upcoming models just do it all through Google Cast instead.

Might have to get one of those when they come out to replace my older bedroom TV.

I have a 55" Vizio I got a few months ago that was a refurb for a great price, and I actually like the Netflix app. Previously, I used a Netflix app on a no-name Blu-Ray player, and it took forever to log in for some reason. And rather than ask what profile you wanted, it would always log in to the last-used one, so if I was using it and my GF used it last, it would take forever to log into her account, just for me to log out of hers and spend just as much time logging into mine. The Vizio asks what profile right when you start, and logs in in like 2 seconds.

I also love that the back of the remote is a QWERTY keyboard. Makes it a lot easier to search.

Their Youtube app, however, is terrible. You can't just go to a video if you have the link/unique ID. You can only get to videos through subscriptions or by searching. I was watching a live-stream of a football game last year on my laptop and wanted it on the TV. Wouldn't appear on any search, so I had to subscribe to the channel so I could get to the video on the TV's app.

Content:

This, along with some copper pipe and a couple fittings to replace the pipe to my hose faucet that broke last winter. The previous homeowner installed it himself last summer, and did a poo poo job. It's angled such that even after cutting off the supply, and opening up both the faucet and the drain plug inside, water pooled in a 90 degree elbow, and then froze and busted it.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

We're going to have a bunch of people in and out of the house in the next month or so, and it will be convenient to be able to remotely control some lights. From inside the house, it's nice to use my Amazon Echo to control them as well.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mandoline because I've always wanted one (and making apple roses with one is MUCH easier)
Micro SD for a New 3DS
Peppermint Bronners because it's about to get hot here and a wintery blast all over my skin is needed.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

DrBouvenstein posted:

I also love that the back of the remote is a QWERTY keyboard. Makes it a lot easier to search.

That is pretty awesome, as long as it doesn't get false key presses or anything.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Slimy Hog posted:

From a non-profit bike store

Sorry for bumping a post from several pages back but the gently caress is this? Are the prices any better than the usual bike shop?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

Mandoline because I've always wanted one (and making apple roses with one is MUCH easier)

Word of warning: mandolines are out for loving blood and will shred your fingers the moment they see an opportunity. Please be careful and watch those fingats

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

So if no Chimay, was there any other decent beer?

They had Leffe which is fine, but the only beer I drank was La Fin du Monde, which I love. They actually had a really great beer selection, you just had to go to the right bar on the ship.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

Peppermint Bronners because it's about to get hot here and a wintery blast all over my skin is needed.

Bronner's fan here going way back. The label is a trip and a half to read in the shower. It's like reading the back of a cereal box when you're zoning out in the morning, if the cereal was packaged by some cult leader. I keep expecting to find a new passage in the middle of the label talking about how the ascendance drug will take effect after just one more shampoo with it and then we'll all be home together among the comets.

If you didn't know they make bar soap, too...well, now you do. Stuff rules.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sexual Lorax posted:

Bronner's fan here going way back. The label is a trip and a half to read in the shower. It's like reading the back of a cereal box when you're zoning out in the morning, if the cereal was packaged by some cult leader. I keep expecting to find a new passage in the middle of the label talking about how the ascendance drug will take effect after just one more shampoo with it and then we'll all be home together among the comets.

If you didn't know they make bar soap, too...well, now you do. Stuff rules.

Hell yeah. Their lavender is da beeeeeessssss. I started washing my hair with it once a week and it's lovely.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Word of warning: mandolines are out for loving blood and will shred your fingers the moment they see an opportunity. Please be careful and watch those fingats

You and everyone else has been saying this so I've learned to have a sense of reverence around it. It came with a spiky cup/handle to keep my precious sausage-grabbers safe.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NewFatMike posted:

They had Leffe which is fine, but the only beer I drank was La Fin du Monde, which I love. They actually had a really great beer selection, you just had to go to the right bar on the ship.

But... why no Chimay? Is it more expensive than Leffe in the boaty worldy?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This is true. My aunt cut herself on hers three times and upon the third time, my uncle opened up their patio sliding door and threw it out into their snow covered yard. They actually forgot he did that and found it three months later when spring came.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

It is, I think the next plan up would have covered for it, but I was totally fine with my liters of scotch.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

A real Trappist beer is most certainly more expensive than lovely industrial Leffe

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The monks charge extra because those ships are filled with suuuuuper skeezy people. Like me.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
gettin my summer style in order

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Present for my boyfriend, who's had a bad few days. (I am also a fan of the series, but I'm going to let him read it before me.)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Phthisis posted:

gettin my summer style in order

I dig, I have the same watch and it's tight.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Inzombiac posted:

You and everyone else has been saying this so I've learned to have a sense of reverence around it. It came with a spiky cup/handle to keep my precious sausage-grabbers safe.

You will one day feel the temptation to ditch that cumbersome guard tool because it does a lovely job and it's just so easy to hold the cucumber and slice.

Don't give in to this temptation.

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007

couldcareless posted:

You will one day feel the temptation to ditch that cumbersome guard tool because it does a lovely job and it's just so easy to hold the cucumber and slice.

Don't give in to this temptation.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015M..._rd_i=393303011

Or you know, a kitchen towel works too.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Haha! I have a pair of those for some metal and leather crafting. I'm immune to all mandoline attacks (save for emotional).

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

For my buddy who is getting married

For me

Trillest Parrot has a new favorite as of 06:29 on Apr 26, 2016

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

I dig, I have the same watch and it's tight.

You can always get the band adjusted.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

This

Edit: How the heck do I get the attach file to work?

obi_ant has a new favorite as of 09:20 on Apr 26, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

obi_ant posted:

This

Edit: How the heck do I get the attach file to work?

Upload it to imgur.com and copy the resulting URL into a set of IMG tags.

What you get:

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
I had to replace it because this pin is very prone to falling out.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
More Blu-Rays (pre-ordered):

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

88h88 posted:

Upload it to imgur.com and copy the resulting URL into a set of IMG tags.

What you get:

I was wondering about the attach file on the bottom of the screen before you submit a post.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

obi_ant posted:

I was wondering about the attach file on the bottom of the screen before you submit a post.

It has to be an image file, and it takes a few minutes to show up in your post. Most people just upload to imgur or another image hosting site and then post images here with [img] tags, as they show up instantly.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It has to be an image file, and it takes a few minutes to show up in your post. Most people just upload to imgur or another image hosting site and then post images here with [img] tags, as they show up instantly.

Very weird. It only seems to allow me to upload one file.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

obi_ant posted:

Very weird. It only seems to allow me to upload one file.

Yeah you can only attach a single image if you use the forums uploader.

(don't use it, it's bad)

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

overdesigned posted:

Yeah you can only attach a single image if you use the forums uploader.

(don't use it, it's bad)

Rip waffleimages

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Trillest Parrot posted:

For my buddy who is getting married

For me

IMHO you got yourself the good one. There's a reason most distilleries make a bourbon, and a rye, but not a friggin' Bourye.

NewFatMike posted:

It is, I think the next plan up would have covered for it, but I was totally fine with my liters of scotch.

How has nobody asked you how much the Platinum Package cost yet?!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Present for my boyfriend, who's had a bad few days. (I am also a fan of the series, but I'm going to let him read it before me.)

You're a good person.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
A 54"x36" Mandelmap.

A guy called Bill Tavis spent a year and a half making an informative vintage-style map of the Mandelbrot Set, and posted his project on fractalforums.com with an initial goal of $2,800. I got in as the first backer, and now it's already passed its stretch goal of $15,000 to do offscreen printing so I guess it officially counts as a purchase.

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

DVDs

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

24x36", edition of 275

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

travisray2004 posted:

Sorry for bumping a post from several pages back but the gently caress is this? Are the prices any better than the usual bike shop?

Check it out!

http://www.workingbikes.org/

If you click on "The Shop" in the upper right, you can read a little paragraph on how it works.

And yes, the prices are better because the bikes are used, but all the worn parts fixed/replaced.