Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Xeras posted:

What the gently caress is the secret to the jailer assholes in Irithyll dungeon? I can't roll out of the brands. It does seem like line of sight breaks their HP debuff but I'm pretty stumped.

I dunno what weapon you use, but I use Lorian's Greatsword and a single R1 attack knocks them on their rear end. I just charge R2 as they're getting up and one-shot them. I dunno if there's a secret to it. A Great Chaos Fireball knocks them down too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Crummelhorn posted:

Kick one out of the way.

That works! Though I accidentally tried from the back at first and that just makes you do the backstab. I then let them kill me for "vengeance". You need to go to the side to do it, it just forces one of them to stand.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zombies' Downfall posted:

otoh this being an explicit point means the possibility of a Dark Souls HD remaster is on the table
Why? It still looks fine, IMO. (Frampt and Kaathe notwithstanding)

The Gorp posted:

Give me my scifi space-age souls game.
Let it escalate to its logical conclusion.
...a Fromsoft game in a space-type setting might be kinda cool.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Babe Magnet posted:

Wanna see a Demon's Souls rerelease (not remaster or sequel) but with the series' popularity it's gained since then. People bringing new meta into old games.

Wanna see that Old Monk meta

Toady posted:

No Demon's Souls remaster is soul-crushing.

quoting because I'm down and bummed. guess ill break out the PS3 to play it again when im done with DS3.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Here's a video that has some suggestion of it. Some people also think it affects things like weapon swings, and not just heavy weapons too. Which would basically make Poise more like ADP.

That video explicitly says that they couldn't find anything that is effected by poise other than the recovery frames of rolls. It doesn't say anything about hyper armor during attacks.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Babe Magnet posted:

Wanna see a Demon's Souls rerelease (not remaster or sequel) but with the series' popularity it's gained since then. People bringing new meta into old games.

Wanna see that Old Monk meta

some of the posters in this thread would poo poo themselves to death in rage at the scraping spear

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The Gorp posted:

Give me my scifi space-age souls game.
Let it escalate to its logical conclusion.

it's called bloodborne u dunderhead

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Luceid posted:

some of the posters in this thread would poo poo themselves to death in rage at the scraping spear

I thought the Branding Iron might be of similar troll stock, just with staggering/healing instead of durability, but it certainly isn't. I miss that fuckin thing

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
c'mon babe do you party or what

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Luceid posted:

oh my god I completely forgot about the scraping spear, now I'm bummed about no demons souls remaster too

e: and the Lucerne (Sorry, "Mirdan") Hammer being King of Weapons

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I have to say that Dragonslayer Armour and the Final boss are hands down the best fights in the game. The Final boss song gives off an alarming about of goosebumps, absolutely loved it.

Saddest fight I think was the twin princes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man Twin Princes are still wrecking me. I can do the first phase easily enough now but something about the second part just has me constantly slightly off. I almost did it once but discovered what happens when you kill the sword prince first then decide to back off and heal before finishing off the other one.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there a weapon that fashions well with the dancer set without being complete crap like her swords are?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

TheHoosier posted:

I dunno what weapon you use, but I use Lorian's Greatsword and a single R1 attack knocks them on their rear end. I just charge R2 as they're getting up and one-shot them. I dunno if there's a secret to it. A Great Chaos Fireball knocks them down too

For the ones lower in the dungeon you can kite them with a bow while you go around the corner of the walls. Can drag them one by one with little to no drop in health. Or just let out the cross monster to kill them.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Actually, he only mentions the difficulty of early bosses.

quote:

Indeed, we've received feedback that Bloodborne early game was too difficult and many inexperienced players were frustrated. Therefore Dark Souls 3 early game difficulty was toned down to guide players into the game. Of course veterans will feel it's too easy but they should be satisfied with late game difficulty.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Toady posted:

No Demon's Souls remaster is soul-crushing.
:sigh: sure is. Guess I'll never get to play it then. Strange decision though, you'd imagine DeS remaster would mean tons of money for a small amount of work.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Xeras posted:

What the gently caress is the secret to the jailer assholes in Irithyll dungeon? I can't roll out of the brands. It does seem like line of sight breaks their HP debuff but I'm pretty stumped.

Like a lot of enemies, they're super easy to interrupt. The only real trick, that I know of, is to just rush in there and pop them on the nose before they (slowly) brand you. They don't have a lot of health and will probably die before you deplete your stamina bar.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

smuh posted:

:sigh: sure is. Guess I'll never get to play it then. Strange decision though, you'd imagine DeS remaster would mean tons of money for a small amount of work.

maybe they're waiting for the inevitable "Never Go Outside Again" all-Souls superpack for Playstation 5, Xbox One 2, and PC

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I find it hard to believe they toned down the difficulty of the early areas when Lothric Knights are basically identical when you run into them again later and are still a pain in the rear end.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

WrightOfWay posted:

That video explicitly says that they couldn't find anything that is effected by poise other than the recovery frames of rolls. It doesn't say anything about hyper armor during attacks.

Other people have been testing it and the general idea is that more poise means more super armor on certain animations and weapon arts.

Internet Kraken posted:

I find it hard to believe they toned down the difficulty of the early areas when Lothric Knights are basically identical when you run into them again later and are still a pain in the rear end.

Later areas have more red-eye and ultra greatsword knights! :shepface:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sakurazuka posted:

Man Twin Princes are still wrecking me. I can do the first phase easily enough now but something about the second part just has me constantly slightly off. I almost did it once but discovered what happens when you kill the sword prince first then decide to back off and heal before finishing off the other one.

Something you may not have realized (I didn't) that may affect how you approach this boss - the younger Prince's health is the important thing. Don't worry about the Elder Prince being healed because once you kill the younger Prince the Elder will immediately die. If I had known that the first time I fought him I would have eaten the extra hit to get in one last shot and kill him rather than backing off and then getting caught by the recovered Elder Prince coming after me with a combo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol was one hit away from killing the younger prince too, drat. Thanks.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there a weapon that fashions well with the dancer set without being complete crap like her swords are?

Those dual katana I guess

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Agreed, Bell Tower covenant was just fun

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fargin Icehole posted:

Saddest fight I think was the twin princes.

you're murdering a pair a cripples, one of whom can only crawl to you. it's pretty sad (but also a little funny)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

NotAnArtist posted:

you're murdering a pair a cripples, one of whom can only crawl to you. it's pretty sad (but also a little funny)

Yeah but one of them is immortal as long as the other one is alive and has a Unreal Tournament translocator.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG

cheetah7071 posted:

I had fun with the painting guardian sword on my dex playthrough. Sharp infused that thing does hella damage and it also bleeds pretty quick.

The short range makes hitting some enemies kind of awkward, though. The dancer herself, actually, has a very awkward profile for the thing.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Started a herald because I liked the look of a medium armor wearing, spear totin' crusader supporter. Questing between fronts, delivering holy missives and orders from on high via my Way of the White. I feel a very Heide's Knight vibe from this class with the starting spear and the flowing white cape.

Oh, the cape.

With that, can I go ahead and assume that a faith/dex build will suit me just fine again? If I stick with the starting armor I should be fine, because really the aesthetics are pleasing. I'll certainly pick up another, better spear, but I'm not sure how to go about infusing it. Has anyone gone with the herald and had any luck with it?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Okay, Nameless King down. Holy cow that guy's a wrecking ball.

But his chest piece work well with the other pieces of the Sunset set, which are my favorites.

when I saw previews or streams of that fight before, I couldn't make it out, but seeing him for myself, you can really tell the guy was hollow as hell. He had no eyes or nose left because he was so far gone.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 26, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there a way around the instant kill perma-stunlock twin wyverns I'm not seeing or is this the game telling me I should have been leveling up my longbow?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
http://twitch.tv/distortion2

This guys been doing meme build Speedruns these last couple days and they've all been great

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Is there a way around the instant kill perma-stunlock twin wyverns I'm not seeing or is this the game telling me I should have been leveling up my longbow?

Get onto the bridge, turn left

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm assuming you're talking about Lothric Castle, to which my response would be Try Jumping Off

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Try under the bridge.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
How strongly do heavy or sharp weapons change the scaling? Can you convert a weapon to different scaling entirely(I'd assume if you could it'd poor compared to its original) or at least shift a quality-ish weapon entirely one way? I've only ever used it to enhance weapons that already matched the infused scaling.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks! Even jumping off left me with 5% hp. I had 900 to 1200.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 26, 2016

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

http://twitch.tv/distortion2

This guys been doing meme build Speedruns these last couple days and they've all been great

Any shirtless Banes with only masks and using melee?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Pyromancy: raise dex yes or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfz5Lj4FF7w

Abyss Watchers not very good at watching abyss.