Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Deviant posted:

I've installed TTS but never played with it. I probably could.

Question, do we have enough Imperial pilots yet to do an all-female list? Howlrunner? Juno Eclipse? Countess Ryad? Whisper?

I mostly have Rebels but I want to do some list with Ryad and Juno and idk who else Howl and another TIE ace or Whisper. Granted thinking about what I'd need to buy to do that...

I also want to do a dumb Guri + Scarlet + Manaroo list for scum that I similarly have nothing for.

Sadly I dunno how to do a Rebel list of all cool ladies. I guess Miranda + Jan + Nera?

(The problem is only Imperial ladies are really good.)

Also, speaking of list building and things I might have, I just got the Falcon and I want lists to play around with it. And or more lists that include Poe so I can think about stuff I want to run, as speaking of mediocre repaints, that's my Poe. There are many like it but this one's mine.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Otisburg posted:

Zuckuss just says that so he can claim he's in mortal peril if you don't acquiesce to his piss-sniffing fetish.

Piss Whizzard would be a neat character to use as nose art. Just looks so Jolly. You could prob paint him on the K-wing's cockpit area and paint the enchanted forest on the wings. :3:

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

I'm down for a weekly league. Signed up for the reddit one and have heard from 0 opponents, fun times.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Goddamn Ryad sounds like fun. I'm trying to get a Ryad Delta Delta list worked out, but I'm missing something. Is it even possible within 100 points?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Kilo147 posted:

Goddamn Ryad sounds like fun. I'm trying to get a Ryad Delta Delta list worked out, but I'm missing something. Is it even possible within 100 points?

Pretty sure as long as you pick up two Imperial Veterans to have 4 copies of TIE/x7, Ryad and two generics is quite possible at 100.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Kilo147 posted:

Sure.

Countess Ryad (34)
Push the Limit (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Delta Squadron Pilot (30)
TIE/x7 (-2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 95

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Unless you throw some modifications on the Deltas, I'd probably upgrade them to Onyxs if only to avoid the brunt of Predator attacks.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Some Numbers posted:

Sure.

Countess Ryad (34)
Push the Limit (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x7 (-2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

You could upgrade one of them to Glaive if you wanted a crackshot.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tacopocalypse posted:

Unless you throw some modifications on the Deltas, I'd probably upgrade them to Onyxs if only to avoid the brunt of Predator attacks.

Upgrade to Onyxs, add TIE Mk II to all three.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Some Numbers posted:

Sure.

Countess Ryad (34)
Push the Limit (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x7 (-2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

TIE/x7 (-2)

That might work, it's pretty simple on a second look through. I can go with this just to get the basics of everything down. Move on from there.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kilo147 posted:

So no-go on Tractors on one of the Deltas? That and Ions were what was holding me down. I wasn't sure about going so bare.
I don't like Tractor or Ion on a PS1.

Improbable Lobster posted:

You could upgrade one of them to Glaive if you wanted a crackshot.

Tacopocalypse posted:

Sure, there are a lot of things you can do with the list. I was just showing that you can easily fit Countess and two Deltas into the same list.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

ConfusedUs posted:

Upgrade to Onyxs, add TIE Mk II to all three.

Not bad, might have to try that out

Some Numbers posted:

I don't like Tractor or Ion on a PS1.

Sure, there are a lot of things you can do with the list. I was just showing that you can easily fit Countess and two Deltas into the same list.

I was just going for too much extra. There's a fine line between making it fit and making it effective, I'm still learning that line.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

PtL off a K-Turn is going to amazing, I'm really excited.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I hope that they continue to give low PS pilots cool skills in the future

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Strobe posted:

Current TTS league interest:

Myself
General Battuta
ConfusedUs
Finster Dexter
ro5s
Chemmy
Aramoro
The Gate

That's eight, which I consider the bare minimum for a weekly league. Anybody else want in? I'll accept new entries until the end of Friday (CDT).

I'll do this.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Confused, like this? Lots of green, seems like something that's not overly complex, easy to learn the Defender on, and not actually horrible.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Delvan and me almost got murdered tonight at league night by a schizophrenic who was really well-versed in wookiepedia trivia.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Eimi posted:

I mostly have Rebels but I want to do some list with Ryad and Juno and idk who else Howl and another TIE ace or Whisper. Granted thinking about what I'd need to buy to do that...

I also want to do a dumb Guri + Scarlet + Manaroo list for scum that I similarly have nothing for.

Sadly I dunno how to do a Rebel list of all cool ladies. I guess Miranda + Jan + Nera?

(The problem is only Imperial ladies are really good.)

Also, speaking of list building and things I might have, I just got the Falcon and I want lists to play around with it. And or more lists that include Poe so I can think about stuff I want to run, as speaking of mediocre repaints, that's my Poe. There are many like it but this one's mine.

Guri plus Kath plus Manaroo is a bit too pricey to really do much with, all three are 95 points without any upgrades whatsoever, but I think that Kath plus Manaroo could be a potentially interesting combo to play with.

Ladies' Night

Manaroo
-Adaptability
-K4 Security Droid
-Unhinged Astromech
-Feedback Array
-Punishing One

Kath Scarlet
-Veteran Instincts
-Heavy Laser Cannon
-Dengar
-Inertial Dampeners
-Engine Upgrade

Unhinged + K4 on Manaroo means being able to generate a TL + Focus and either keep them for herself or gift them to Kath depending on who's in a better position to make use of it each round. Dengar on Kath is, I think, strictly superior to taking the traditional K4 herself...you could swap things around so that Dengar is riding shotgun on Manaroo but the thing is that with Unhinged Astromech the Jumpmaster has better greens than the Firespray. Kath does her thing, flying around and either blasting people with the HLC or maneuvering for shots with the rear guns. With both Dengar crew and Manaroo's ability you don't need to rely on Push the Limit to spend your action evading or boosting and still having decent combat performance.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kilo147 posted:

Confused, like this? Lots of green, seems like something that's not overly complex, easy to learn the Defender on, and not actually horrible.

Yep! Pretty much just like that.

Really only the Countess needs the engines, but what else are you gonna spend the points on? It's not like you need an initiative bid at PS 3/5

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Otisburg posted:

Delvan and me almost got murdered tonight at league night by a schizophrenic who was really well-versed in wookiepedia trivia.

He walked, like, ten miles to get some games. With a spare pair of shoes and pants.

My kidney hurts just thinking about it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Were they the pants with snaps down the sides and did he tear them off dramatically?

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Considering trying something stupid when Vets hits.

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Enhanced Scopes (1)
Darth Vader (3)
Ion Projector (2)

Countess Ryad (34)
Push the Limit (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Maarek Stele (TIE Defender) (35)
Push the Limit (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 100

Blocker equipped doom shuttle to try and tie up my opponent as much as possible with two flanking Defender aces flying around at mach 2 at all times.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Strobe posted:

Current TTS league interest:

Myself
General Battuta
ConfusedUs
Finster Dexter
ro5s
Chemmy
Aramoro
The Gate

That's eight, which I consider the bare minimum for a weekly league. Anybody else want in? I'll accept new entries until the end of Friday (CDT).

New sign ups since this post:

Deviant
overdesigned
siggy2021
AndyElusive
Talas
Brunas
canyonero

Current total: 15. Since we're over 12, until and unless we get up to 18 I'm going to do this in two pools, where each pool plays everyone in the pool and half of the other pool, followed by a season-ending single elimination tournament. If we get 18 or more, it'll be three pools of six each. I will not be limiting these games to TTS, because that's lame and dumb. Basically, if you have a way to play the game play it how you want. If you end up matched against someone you know offline, play it in person I don't care.

As of right now, the plan is for one game weekly, with lists submitted to me on Saturday evenings through whichever way is most convenient to you as long as I know who you are, and played by the end of the following Saturday. That means in a hypothetical 16 person league, we'd have 7 games against in-pool opponents and 4 games cross-matched, for a total of 11 weeks of games. For the single-elimination ending tournament, seeding would be determined by overall record with ties broken by MOV.

Does that sound good to everyone involved? If you have objections now is the time to voice them.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Today I tried out x7 by proxy. I flew three Onyxs with x7 and Stealth Device. Hoooooly poo poo those are tough fuckers. Having a focus and evade every turn plus four greens is nasty, and being able to do that back and forth without having to spend turns clearing stress is amazing.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Should probably split the TTS group in rough halves by time zones or expected skill or something.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chemmy posted:

Should probably split the TTS group in rough halves by time zones or expected skill or something.

I'll probably do it alphabetically or something. Classifying by skill is goddamn impossible, and regular games against good opponents is an excellent way to get better.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dulkor posted:

Considering trying something stupid when Vets hits.

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Enhanced Scopes (1)
Darth Vader (3)
Ion Projector (2)

Countess Ryad (34)
Push the Limit (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Push the Limit (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Blocker equipped doom shuttle to try and tie up my opponent as much as possible with two flanking Defender aces flying around at mach 2 at all times.

Stele may benefit more from Juke than PL but that seems pretty solid to me otherwise.

E: I just really want to put Juke on things that get a free Evade.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 26, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'd give him Calculation instead, which frees up enough points you can make the shuttle a Palpshuttle instead of a Doomshuttle.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

zVxTeflon posted:

Were they the pants with snaps down the sides and did he tear them off dramatically?

He was wearing jorts and carrying a belted pair of jeans, with hiking/work boots strung together around his neck. He walked in otherwise empty handed and announced loudly to no one in particular that he wanted to get some (unspecified) gaming in like a cowboy in an old timey western might barge into the saloon and holler to the barkeep he wanted a whiskey.

After getting no interest from the 40k people, he loomed over and observed the JM5K's on the table were of Corellian provenance. Then he, unprompted, claimed he'd walked from the next town over after "the Feds" had "closed down" his place of work. I gotta admit that obvious attempt to prey on human curiosity almost worked, but I refused to engage.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Yep! Pretty much just like that.

Really only the Countess needs the engines, but what else are you gonna spend the points on? It's not like you need an initiative bid at PS 3/5

I'm actually not convinced that the Countess needs a TIE Mk II. I like the idea of Engine Upgrade a lot more.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

I'm actually not convinced that the Countess needs a TIE Mk II. I like the idea of Engine Upgrade a lot more.

I think with PTL, you really do need TIE Mk II. Having only the straights (and Ks) to shed that stress will make you ridiculously predictable.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
What about something really goofy like Expert Handling and Experimental Interface?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Boosting at PS5 won't get you that much.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Chemmy posted:

Boosting at PS5 won't get you that much.

Its more about boosting out of a K-turn gives you hilarious movement options.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Boosting and Barrel Rolling.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Boosting and Barrel Rolling.

I like to do both of these things, with my spaceships.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Fair points On the upgrades. Honestly, I'm actually trying to avoid palp a little just because you see him so loving often. I'm kinda wanting to do something else with the lambda than hover out of range and modify.

Another possibility with the same basic setup would be something like this:

Captain Yorr (24)
Enhanced Scopes (1)
Ion Projector (2)

Countess Ryad (34)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Calculation (1)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Same basic game plan, but the defenders focus more on being pains in the rear end to damage while still having a decent PS (this may also be a good option for Ryad just to try and take more advantage of her ability against mid range pilots), and we ditch Vader on the shuttle for a combination of opening fire first against any swarms it obstructs and occasionally eating a stress off a Defender.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm not sure her ability is actually that useful, to be honest. Maybe at a higher PS it would be, but I'd rather take Vessery or Brath. With PTL and Engine Upgrade the Countess is incredibly predictable when she needs to shed that stress. I feel like her worst nemesis would be a Prototype A-Wing.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Seriously though I think Expert Handling might be a good answer here. Stripping target locks is a bigger deal in this meta than it has been in a long time, between Omega Leader (deny action economy, at the very least), Phantoms (which are a big deal in this part of the country again), VCXs running FCS and Hera that don't get other dice mods, and ATC Vader, there are a lot of good reasons to be stripping locks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Dulkor posted:

Fair points On the upgrades. Honestly, I'm actually trying to avoid palp a little just because you see him so loving often. I'm kinda wanting to do something else with the lambda than hover out of range and modify.

Another possibility with the same basic setup would be something like this:

Captain Yorr (24)
Enhanced Scopes (1)
Ion Projector (2)

Countess Ryad (34)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Calculation (1)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Same basic game plan, but the defenders focus more on being pains in the rear end to damage while still having a decent PS (this may also be a good option for Ryad just to try and take more advantage of her ability against mid range pilots), and we ditch Vader on the shuttle for a combination of opening fire first against any swarms it obstructs and occasionally eating a stress off a Defender.

The reason you see Palp on the shuttle so much is that he's good. Avoiding good things because they're good seems like a weird choice. If you don't want Palpatine, why even field a shuttle? Replace those 27 points with Omega Leader/Juke/Comm Relay and laugh to the bank.

EDIT: if you really like the shuttle then go with what you like, but using something for the sake of using something that you don't absolutely love strikes me as odd.

• Locked thread