Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

BrainDance posted:

No, but she helped prove "strong ties" to Korea so that was cool.
I apologize you must have misunderstood. "Her child" in that situation is you, the person who hosed a woman with a husband and broke up a marriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

E_P posted:

I apologize you must have misunderstood. "Her child" in that situation is you, the person who hosed a woman with a husband and broke up a marriage.
:stare:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

E_P posted:

:drat:

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

E_P posted:

I said goddamn; a burn like that'll leave a mark

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

ladron posted:

I said goddamn; a burn like that'll leave a mark

Don't worry, he can sooth the burn with the all tears she'll shed after eating real American tacos.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Maxsmart posted:

Don't worry, he can sooth the burn with the all tears she'll shed after eating real American tacos.
Real American taco :v:

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Maxsmart posted:

Michigan tacos, tho

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

E_P posted:

Eh, yeah. That was pretty wild.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

E_P posted:

:boom:

superm0nk
Jun 26, 2003

Reminder that we do have a food map here: http://tinyurl.com/goonfood

It's largely concentrated in Seoul, but there are some in Gyeonggi-do and a few from our resident Jeju goon. If you have anything to add for your neighborhood, feel free. I'd say the less traveled the neighborhood, the lower the bar for what should be added (though we probably don't really need to know where the BBQ Chicken is in your neighborhood).

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009

superm0nk posted:

Reminder that we do have a food map here: http://tinyurl.com/goonfood

It's largely concentrated in Seoul, but there are some in Gyeonggi-do and a few from our resident Jeju goon. If you have anything to add for your neighborhood, feel free. I'd say the less traveled the neighborhood, the lower the bar for what should be added (though we probably don't really need to know where the BBQ Chicken is in your neighborhood).

Whoever is tagging 보신탕 restaurants though...

guri
Jun 14, 2001
If you're gonna eat it, do it right!

I need to get back on top of adding Jeju spots.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Raphisonfire posted:

Whoever is tagging 보신탕 restaurants though...

Good dogs can be good dogs for many things.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

OhYeah posted:

As an Eastern European I take offense at your suggestion that... hahahaha sorry I couldn't finish the sentence.

Seriously it's not bad, don't be stupid and you'll be fine anywhere in EE. Thanks for all the comments on Seoul.

Sedated and robbed on the train from Germany to Poland (the stomach purse (this was the 90s) was cut open with a knife and everything pulled out)
Lice and flees from the cheap place we were staying in Poland (our own fault tbh)
Had to bribe Romanian border patrol to be let into the country because apparently we didn't have a VISA that we didn't actually need.
Hotelroom broken into and robbed while we were out in Slovakia.
Chased and almost beaten up by some street sellers in the Czech Republic because they thought we were giving them fake money for some reason.

It was a pretty nice trip all in all though.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Need to mark all the red light districts too

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Hey Korean goons how are you all doing? I'm sitting in the food court eating lovely bibimbap and I miss Korea and having dinner with you all. It's my fault because I end up going to Japan all the time. Sorry

Oh and I'm skipping the rice because i still remember that goonsgiving where this buff guy loves Korean food and skips the rice. I'm not buff though but am "dieting"

caberham fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 21, 2016

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

caberham posted:

Hey Korean goons how are you all doing? I'm sitting in the food court eating lovely bibimbap and I miss Korea and having dinner with you all. It's my fault because I end up going to Japan all the time. Sorry

Oh and I'm skipping the rice because i still remember that goonsgiving where this buff guy loves Korean food and skips the rice. I'm not buff though but am "dieting"
Gotta eat less carbohydrates!

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

caberham posted:

Gimhae misses you

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Bibimbap without rice? At that point youre just eating a very very poorly made omelette.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Where can I buy a bottle of coldbrew in Seoul? I'm fiending here.

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009

E_P posted:

Bibimbap without rice? At that point youre just eating a very very poorly made omelette.

You might as well just eat a salad.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)

terre packet posted:

Where can I buy a bottle of coldbrew in Seoul? I'm fiending here.

Do you want Korean or American style and where are you located?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Either, really. I live in Yongsan so whatever's closest.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Hello Korean goons can someone please tell me where is (don't know exact spelling) il ho shik?

And a recommendation for a good Korean restaurant in Insa dong thanks!

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
This place?
The Korean on that is 일호식

As for insadong, have you by chance perused the Goon-Approved Food map?
http://tinyurl.com/goonfood

edit:
I finally went to the Poo-Cafe in Insadong. Pass. It felt like a really half-assed theme. Like, the cups were little ceramic toilets and there were poo pillows, and there were certainly some poop-themed art. But as a whole, it just felt like a random cafe that someone hastily slapped some vinyl wall stickers on and said, "there! it's themed!"

And while not a food recommendation, on the top of Nakwon Musician Mart is a near little movie theater that shows old movies. They just finished a John Wayne festival. I'm not sure what's currently playing but if you're in the area, it may be worth it.

AmbientParadox fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 25, 2016

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Thanks a bunch! Wish I can make entries then I can add other places like Hong Kong and Japan!

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

caberham posted:

Thanks a bunch! Wish I can make entries then I can add other places like Hong Kong and Japan!

Oh god. A Goon East Asian food map? Is the world ready for such a thing?

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

AmbientParadox posted:

Sure why not! Enough goons pass by Hong Kong / Seoul/ Bangkok / Tokyo / Osaka. It's like a giant circuit

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

A handy goon food map would be p cool for my next run through japan/hk.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

Bugblatter posted:

A handy goon food map would be p cool for my next run through japan/hk.

Please mark every Mexican place with a 3 paragraph review and rate them on a 1-10 on the Guy Fieri scale.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

AmbientParadox posted:

Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere Food Map

Maxsmart posted:

Please mark every Mexican place with a 3 paragraph review and rate them on a 1-10 on the Guy Fieri scale.

Rate them 1-10 on the Montezuma scale as well

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

Jeoh posted:

Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere Food Map

This is what the TPP is truly about

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Any goon recommendation for busan Korean food? The goon guide doesn't have any places listed in Busan.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Come on sandwich holiday, give me a 4 day weekend. I want my 469,800krw tickets to Hawaii.

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009

lostleaf posted:

Any goon recommendation for busan Korean food? The goon guide doesn't have any places listed in Busan.

Some busan korean food that I had there was mil-myeon (밀면) in Nampo dong, Dwaeji gukbap (돼지국밥, it can be found every where), and Dongnae Pajeon (동래파전).

For Western food, You will find that the more trendy and new places are in Seomyun. The touristy places are in the Gwangalli + Haeundae + Centum City area. The non-touristy places are in Nampo-dong.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

DontAskKant posted:

Come on sandwich holiday, give me a 4 day weekend. I want my 469,800krw tickets to Hawaii.

My summer holiday just got split up by camps, so you're probably gonna get a whole loving week off for buddha's bday.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Bugblatter posted:

My summer holiday just got split up by camps, so you're probably gonna get a whole loving week off for buddha's bday.

A week off at a law firm... a day off? The luxury. I'll need more misery to get a week.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

lostleaf posted:

The busan food group on Facebook is an excellent resource. I may start adding Busan places if people want.

Here's a good start https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zbEdnlIAf6BY.keJtkbIfHhuo

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Thanks for the recommendation guys. Really really appreciate the advice. If it wasn't for the goon guide, we would be eating at the food courts nearly every day. Had some really awesome mandoo and beef tofu soup thanks to this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

caberham posted:

Sure why not! Enough goons pass by Hong Kong / Seoul/ Bangkok / Tokyo / Osaka. It's like a giant circuit

email me at
username at gmail dot com

I'll add your email to the whitelist