Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

uPen posted:

I stopped getting surveys when I hit like $20 banked. Spent it all and started getting 2-4 a week again.

Hmm, that seems to be case for me too. I've got about $26 which means one survey every month AND they don't provide any money :negative:

I normally wait for a sale but I suppose i can be a bit frivolous with my google wallet if this means I get more surveys (for more cash hopefully).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Defenestration posted:

I'm looking for more time management or puzzle games. I just finished all of Bag It, which was just what I like.

I want single player games please, and bonus if they work offline, but not necessary.

Other things I've enjoyed:
Flight Director
Airport Mania
Alchemy
Threequal (Set)
Ruzzle (I love Boggle, this was an exception to my desire not to play with people)
Spaceteam (ok this too but you have to play in person)
7x7
Space Physics

Thanks in advance

Maybe you'd like 10000000. Or the sequel, You Must Build a Boat.

Trainyard Express is free, and is a great puzzle game. It's a demo for Trainyard, but the levels are unique from those in Trainyard itself.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

uPen posted:

I stopped getting surveys when I hit like $20 banked. Spent it all and started getting 2-4 a week again.

I figured that was the case a while back, but I've been down to $0 for a few months now.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

AnimalChin posted:

I can't seem to find these in the US store. What are they?

Flight Director
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.camelgames.flightdirector&hl=en

is awesome because you land planes and it gets crazy busy and that's it

3Qual
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pascalcula.threequal&hl=en

bad graphics but if you like Set this is it

Space Physics
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doodle.main&hl=en

an adorable, very satisfying drawing the solution puzzle game. I actually bought this one

Knightmare posted:

Insert obligatory Hungry Cat Picross recommendation here.

I was also looking up your list (how have I never heard of Ruzzle?) and noticed there's an Airport Mania 2.
Hungry Cat Picross is in fact what I want thank you

I got that Airport Mania 2 you betcha

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
All those links say "item not found". What country are you in?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The Sean posted:

I figured that was the case a while back, but I've been down to $0 for a few months now.

Do you have more than one phone registered? I have an old phone that I use to play music for the kids at night and it always gets the surveys now, I never see them on my new phone.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Lowness 72 posted:

All those links say "item not found". What country are you in?

I think (in some cases at least) they might have been previously pulled from the Play Store snd they're only accessible if you've downloaded them before.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What's the most reliable and safe say to download apks? I don't know if I want to trust the many things that Google turns up

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

I think (in some cases at least) they might have been previously pulled from the Play Store snd they're only accessible if you've downloaded them before.

Oh no that would be sad. I'm in the US

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Len posted:

What's the most reliable and safe say to download apks? I don't know if I want to trust the many things that Google turns up

Google Play and Amazon are the biggest android app markets out there. Any reason not to just use one of them?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If you're talking about pirating stuff, you're an idiot and begging to be hacked/bricked; if you're talking about generally unapproved stuff like root-based things, I usually trust stuff on XDA threads that have a ton of comments

Rapner
May 7, 2013

He's probably just trying to install PAD outside USA.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rapner posted:

He's probably just trying to install PAD outside USA.

I want to put Card Hunter on my phone since it's tablet only.

Nice to know people instantly assume I'm trying to steal stuff though :smith:

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Defenestration posted:

I'm looking for more time management or puzzle games. I just finished all of Bag It, which was just what I like.

I want single player games please, and bonus if they work offline, but not necessary.

Other things I've enjoyed:
Flight Director
Airport Mania
Alchemy
Threequal (Set)
Ruzzle (I love Boggle, this was an exception to my desire not to play with people)
Spaceteam (ok this too but you have to play in person)
7x7
Space Physics

Thanks in advance

Puzzle Retreat is a pretty good puzzle game that seems most similar to what you have there from what I'm about to recommend.
Strata and Lyne are slightly less deep, but also up your alley.
Tetrobot is an amazing puzzle game, although very different from everything else you have there.
The Quell series is also great.
And a wildcard recommendation, not because it matches your games but because it has very simple core gameplay and it's amazing: Puk.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A new Warhammer 40k-themed rail shooter, Freeblade is out on the Play Store.

edit: I'm quite enjoying it so far, and it really does a good job of capturing the feeling of being an unstoppable giant robot Imperial Knight.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 20, 2016

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
What NDS games play best on Drastic? Is it responsive enough to play action games? Am I going to wish I had a stylus?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Jorath posted:

What NDS games play best on Drastic? Is it responsive enough to play action games? Am I going to wish I had a stylus?

It actually emulates the system REALLY well... Like, the guy must have a deal with the Nintendevil good.

Just like anything in mobile, for action games you're best off with a controller. Depending on the game, you can get by without a stylus. Something like Kirby's Rainbow Dash whatever should be fine, but the blocks in something like Meteos are too small and could use a stylus.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents games play spectacularly well on Drastic, and I'm surprised no one else (besides the Osu! port) has attempted to make a mobile game with the same mechanics. Advance Wars and Ghost Trick are also apparently quite playable, since like Ouendan you can generally forget about using the virtual d-pad.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 21, 2016

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Visual novels are naturally really good. Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton games play like they were made for mobile. Phantom Hourglass and presumably Spirit Tracks also work really well. You're going to want a controller for anything that requires reflexes and the d-pad, though. I've only really wanted a stylus for playing Picross, but I seem to have fewer issues with imprecise touchscreen controls than most.

I pretty much only play Pokemon with it these days, though.

woke kaczynski fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 21, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I wish Hotel Dusk would get ported to mobile. :smith:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I wish Hotel Dusk would get ported to mobile. :smith:

I wish that when it did someone fixed it so the tex t w o u l d n t c o m e o u t s o g o d d a m n s l o w l y .

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!
The DS Dragon Quest ports work nicely with Drastic, so does Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. In general, RPG and Strategy games are good genres to look at, anything that requires simultaneous d-pad+ touch screen, not so much.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Does Drastic do GBA games fine too, by any chance?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
LOUD on Planet X is a new hybrid lane defense/rhythm game featuring music from artists such as Tegan and Sara, Chvrches and Metric that's out on the Play Store. It's pretty nifty and the soundtrack sounds great, though I'm finding the game to be quite challenging even on easy difficulty.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 21, 2016

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

flatluigi posted:

Does Drastic do GBA games fine too, by any chance?

I don't think so, but Retroarch does (along with just about every console ever released, with varying degrees of success). Specifically, the Pokemon games are great on it (currently doing a Nuzlocke (fainted Pokemon are dead, may only catch the first Pokemon of any new area) run of Leaf Green, have previously finished Pokemon Rescue Team); not tried much else though.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If anyone's looking for another same room multiplayer party game, the original Crossy Road just got updated with a competitive multiplayer mode for up to four people on the same wifi network.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Framed was really simple but really fun.
I had a hard time putting it down and ended up finishing it in 2 sessions.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
So Google has decided the Play Store should get its own awards ceremony, so they've released a list of nominees for people to argue over. There's a few games of note there, with the winners to be announced at Google I/O 2016.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
The three Lifeline games are on sale for $0.10 each.

Lifeline
Lifeline 2
Lifeline: Silent Night

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nice! I remember this thread being quite excited about the first game; how do the other two stack up?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i thought the first lifeline was pretty mediocre

i liked the idea of it but the writing was really not up to snuff

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I enjoyed the first one well enough. For 10 cents of my Google-Brand "Current Proximity To Home Depot" Fun Bux, why the gently caress not?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I was enjoying the second one, but then my progress got reset when my phone decided to overheat and froze. I haven't started over yet, but did just reinstall it last week to do so this next weekend.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Got into the Pokemon Go beta this morning. :smug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vykk.Draygo posted:

The three Lifeline games are on sale for $0.10 each.

Lifeline
Lifeline 2
Lifeline: Silent Night

Picked up the last two, thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rapner posted:

And with those 8 words, the entire internet hates you. Lucky dog.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rapner posted:

Well how is it?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Well how is it?

Still at work but it's pretty standing still. Need to actually walk to do the tutorial.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Rapner posted:

Still at work but it's pretty standing still. Need to actually walk to do the tutorial.

There's a tutorial? I went for a walk around the block to test it out and got gently caress all of a new player experience. I did managed to work out how to catch pokemon eventually but I've got no idea what there is to do beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Do you need to pretend to throw your phone like you would a poké ball?