Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I know everyone constantly says it but how hosed up does your world view have to be that your response to doctors making less money than service staff is to lower service staff wages instead of raising doctors'? We are having a similar thing at the minute with tram drivers striking for better money and shitlords using exploited junior doctors as an example of tram driver greed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oue EMTs wages are paid for by the government so obviously we need to raise taxes if they're not getting paid enough for the work they do. It should be easier with more people earning a higher minimum wage.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh for sure, I didn't mean it as if the government had giant abacuses for allocating money etc. I meant it more in the if you asked a person hypothetically what they'd do only a total oval office would lower service staff wages instead of raising medical workers'.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

goose fleet posted:

Lottery of Babylon would be a fantastic moderator

I consider him a type of honorary moderator

EmmyOk posted:

I know everyone constantly says it but how hosed up does your world view have to be that your response to doctors making less money than service staff is to lower service staff wages instead of raising doctors'? We are having a similar thing at the minute with tram drivers striking for better money and shitlords using exploited junior doctors as an example of tram driver greed.

I feel like people like that just see fast food workers/manual labour workers as an extension of the lovely food and services that they are inexplicably really picky about.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sure but it's not even the casual disrespect for service staff (I used to be one after all) it's that they look at the poo poo doctor's conditions and don't think maybe we should pay and treat doctors way better they instead focus on people getting 'uppity'

e: images like this only appear to denigrate the tram drivers not to support the doctor's struggles which are only ever used as a juxtaposition to make others look lovely. No one ever kicks up a huge fuss over their horrific conditions unless it's to compare it to someone elses'.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

EmmyOk posted:

Sure but it's not even the casual disrespect for service staff (I used to be one after all) it's that they look at the poo poo doctor's conditions and don't think maybe we should pay and treat doctors way better they instead focus on people getting 'uppity'

e: images like this only appear to denigrate the tram drivers not to support the doctor's struggles which are only ever used as a juxtaposition to make others look lovely. No one ever kicks up a huge fuss over their horrific conditions unless it's to compare it to someone elses'.

They also leave out that the ceiling in the doctor's salary is likely in the high six figures.

QVC Drinking Game
Jun 23, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

loving doctors, playing trash like Call of Duty. Play a real game like Dark Souls or gtfo, jesus christ.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Here's something fun that happened in a mountain climbing group I'm in, figured we all like to see lighthearted stuff every now and then.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
It's like some kind of dog fighting. Let's pit my pit against your pit and let them rip each others throats out. We forget we're all working hard here and should all be rooting for each other to get higher wages, not fighting each other over who deserves more.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

EmmyOk posted:

I know when I was a kid my parents and teachers told me time and time again that if I didn't work hard and study, I'd have to work at McDonald's.They assume the only people flipping burgers are lazy, stupid or otherwise deserve a poo poo job for poo poo pay so of course a raise sounds ridiculous to them. It's supposed to be a punishment.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cleretic posted:

Of all the big TCGs, it has the biggest numbers, the least arithmetic, and the most ridiculous extra mechanics and rules that are printed in 2 point font on special cards.

It's only really 'complicated' because of that, it keeps shoehorning in convoluted bullshit at such a rate that it can't just put them in the rulebook, it has to print them on the cards. Without those it's the simplest one, it just distracts you from that by making every number four digits instead of two.
Isn't that just how TCGs work?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

goose fleet posted:

Lottery of Babylon would be a fantastic moderator

If there were a way I could make somebody a mod of a single thread LoB would have been in charge of this one months ago.

He got a nice gold star instead.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

If there were a way I could make somebody a mod of a single thread LoB would have been in charge of this one months ago.

He got a nice gold star instead.

But how would a mod moderate with only quotes from idiots and racists?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

TontoCorazon posted:

You're a certified moron and are beyond being educated. For the edification of others reading this however, I will say that your logic assumes that most of our history = the dawn of civilization, which was not the case at all. Monogamy, which allowed an inferior man like you to reproduce, was recently introduced along with the start of civilization to rapidly increase the population. In a truly unregulated SMP, those poor women join the harems of the wealthy and attractive nobles who would normally be shackled in a monogamous relationship to an aristocratic woman. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TontoCorazon posted:

All probations in PYF should take the form of a random sentence from an LoB post in this thread.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

:vince:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yes, because people you don't like should die. Does anyone who post these ever think about what it is they're posting? Of course not.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

EmmyOk posted:

I love that this is apparently "24-year-old newbie doctor" vs "guy who's been driving a bus for 38 years." Let's see that picture again, where it's "doctor in his 25th year of practice" vs "tram driver in his 25th year of, uh, driving trams."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Yes, because people you don't like should die. Does anyone who post these ever think about what it is they're posting? Of course not.

Similarly, do these people ever think about why they hate the Kardashians?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

You're a certified moron and are beyond being educated. For the edification of others reading this however, I will say that your logic assumes that most of our history = the dawn of civilization, which was not the case at all. Monogamy, which allowed an inferior man like you to reproduce, was recently introduced along with the start of civilization to rapidly increase the population. In a truly unregulated SMP, those poor women join the harems of the wealthy and attractive nobles who would normally be shackled in a monogamous relationship to an aristocratic woman. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

:allears: I love you LoB

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

You're an inspiration to us all.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

TontoCorazon posted:

loving AMAZINGLY, that's how.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Tiggum posted:

Isn't that just how TCGs work?

Yes and no. All of them do introduce all new mechanics and such every so often, but Yu-Gi-Oh does it the most and is the worst about making them actually accessible.

For point of comparison (if people don't mind me being spergy), here's a Break Evolution from the Pokemon TCG's latest expansion. Note how all the key details about a Break Evolution are in that little box in the corner.

Now look at a Toon monster, one of Yu-Gi-Oh's earliest 'special' types of monster. Note how it takes six lines to explain itself.

AND uses a bunch of jargon it doesn't explain; it doesn't describe anything all that complicated, it's just special names for what you'd immediately expect the game to have given what it is.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 08:55 on Apr 26, 2016

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Scathach posted:

I like that the person writing this obviously isn't an EMT at all. EMTs don't give meds, and they certainly don't decide what hospital is "good" to take a person to. Also she's a spiteful bitch, raising wages is good for everyone.

Its not a big deal but EMT-Basics do give some very few meds. And EMT SOMETIMES (but not in this case) refers to paramedics or EMT-Ps

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Tracula posted:

People that complain about hurrdurr were all on our cellphones all the time durrhurr are the loving worst.

Okay second worst. The actual worst assholes are the ones who say "Idiocracy is basically a documentary at this point!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS3jbaeseT8

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Funny enough Louis CK even sort of contradicts himself in another video/interview where he says cellphones and technology are amazing as gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsOUbZ0Lr0

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's called "one of the amendments"!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cleretic posted:

Now look at a Toon monster, one of Yu-Gi-Oh's earliest 'special' types of monster. Note how it takes six lines to explain itself.

AND uses a bunch of jargon it doesn't explain; it doesn't describe anything all that complicated, it's just special names for what you'd immediately expect the game to have given what it is.
I dunno, doesn't look much different to a lot of Magic: the Gathering cards to me. :shrug:

Tracula posted:

People that complain about hurrdurr were all on our cellphones all the time durrhurr are the loving worst.
Point proved.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

isnt that no longer the case if you are w2m trans?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Arctic Baldwin posted:

isnt that no longer the case if you are w2m trans?

if you mean trans women, not always. some people choose to get bottom surgery/"gender reassignment surgery", others do not. it's both a very personal choice and a very expensive one (many women who want it just can't afford it, either due to not having insurance at all, or because it's been deemed 'cosmetic' by many insurers. America!).

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

QVC Drinking Game posted:

loving doctors, playing trash like Call of Duty. Play a real game like Dark Souls or gtfo, jesus christ.

Nice.

Working in French academia cured me of the illusion that wage is in any way related to years of study or even hours worked, at least in this country.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I dunno, doesn't look much different to a lot of Magic: the Gathering cards to me. :shrug:

Your original post mentioned how it shoves bullshit on cards because it can't do it on the rulebook. Magic in particular puts a lot of stuff in the rulebook if appears on multiple cards, rather than on cards, especially when you compare it to Yu-Gi-Oh! which... Doesn't.

Compare the YGO! card that was posted to these:

It helps a lot that Magic cards are properly formatted, with activated abilities always being "Cost:Effect", and triggered ones explaining their trigger conditions, and so on. Obviously, it's not all perfect (especially when more than one card is involved), but it tends to make sense much more often than not. Reminder text (the parentheses italicized stuff on Monastery Swiftspear) also helps with comprehension, giving a summary of what it does, even if it's not actual rules text (see the Madness example)

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

Some day my Xbox will save YOUR life, Dad!

Here it is in Zen Pencils form, perfect. I don't know who Marc Maron is but he definitely tells people at parties he actually deleted his facebok and feels more social than ever

e: He has a verified Facebook account but I am sure he uses social media healthily not like the plebs

Lmao http://zenpencils.com/comic/58-living-well-is-the-best-revenge/

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Cleretic posted:

Yes and no. All of them do introduce all new mechanics and such every so often, but Yu-Gi-Oh does it the most and is the worst about making them actually accessible.

For point of comparison (if people don't mind me being spergy), here's a Break Evolution from the Pokemon TCG's latest expansion. Note how all the key details about a Break Evolution are in that little box in the corner.

One of these cards explains how to use it. One doesn't even explain how it gets played to the board.

It's not the way round you're claiming.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Uuuuuugh I loving despise zen pencils.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Rule #2: cram so much food into your mouth you literally cannot move and you die.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

FAROOQ posted:

One of these cards explains how to use it. One doesn't even explain how it gets played to the board.

It's not the way round you're claiming.

That's because the Break Evolution isn't that different from the rest of the game's mechanics; you play it how you'd play any other evolution, except for the rules it states in a small box in the corner. If you have any other questions about them they're now in the central rules, but they leave those details off the card itself largely because it works like how you'd assume it does.

The Toon takes six lines to describe how it works because it doesn't work at all like how you'd assume given the rest of the game. It's got a bunch of confusing bullshit to work through that would've been really nice to see them consolidate in a place that can take up more space than one quarter of a playing card, but they didn't do that.

I had the starter deck the Toon cards came from, by the way. Not only were they borderline-useless as a focus because they were so situational and risky, that wasn't even the longest description from that deck. Not only is there a description that's seven lines long, it forgets to mention a crucial rule to how the card is played (that, thankfully, is in the rulebook as I recall).

I'm sorry for the derail, but I kinda like ripping on Yu-Gi-Oh. It's the stupidest loving game, but I loved it as a kid, and I'd probably eat it right back up again if I could get into a version that's borderline-comprehensible and not terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Cleretic posted:

That's because the Break Evolution isn't that different from the rest of the game's mechanics; you play it how you'd play any other evolution, except for the rules it states in a small box in the corner. If you have any other questions about them they're now in the central rules, but they leave those details off the card itself largely because it works like how you'd assume it does.

The Toon takes six lines to describe how it works because it doesn't work at all like how you'd assume given the rest of the game. It's got a bunch of confusing bullshit to work through that would've been really nice to see them consolidate in a place that can take up more space than one quarter of a playing card, but they didn't do that.

I had the starter deck the Toon cards came from, by the way. Not only were they borderline-useless as a focus because they were so situational and risky, that wasn't even the longest description from that deck. Not only is there a description that's seven lines long, it forgets to mention a crucial rule to how the card is played (that, thankfully, is in the rulebook as I recall).

I'm sorry for the derail, but I kinda like ripping on Yu-Gi-Oh. It's the stupidest loving game, but I loved it as a kid, and I'd probably eat it right back up again if I could get into a version that's borderline-comprehensible and not terrible.

Do not reply to Farooq.