Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Professor Wayne posted:

Gambit looks appropriately bummed to be a Louisiana native stuck in a world of permanent cold.

At least this would have given him a legit reason to wear a headsock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Valentino Wonder Woman line.
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/04/see-valentinos-tribute-to-wonder-woman.html

Mortgage your house for that neat camo jacket.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
AS2's Spider Man costume was pretty loving great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's crazy how much difference the little belt makes on Spider-Man. The ASM1 costume looks terrible.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Teenage Fansub posted:

Wow, what dull colors. That's disappointing.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Some of those are actually wearable, but then you have #8, a ripped up shower curtain with six sheep scalps glued on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have a feeling you probably didn't check the price.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I have a feeling you probably didn't check the price.
Looking like that, I didn't need to.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hello friends.

I just want to say that I think it's :krad: how Big Barda's battle-hat is a Kirby-mix of pharaonic headdress + samurai helmet.

e: with a bit of some northern European medieval helmet thing in the brow/nose area, also

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 26, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm not sure Wonder Woman would wear any of that mess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Travis343 posted:

I'm not sure Wonder Woman would wear any of that mess.

Wonder Woman can't afford Valentino.

Maybe NBC Wonder Woman.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Squizzle posted:

Hello friends.

I just want to say that I think it's :krad: how Big Barda's battle-hat is a Kirby-mix of pharaonic headdress + samurai helmet.

e: with a bit of some northern European medieval helmet thing in the brow/nose area, also

Kirby designed some dope costumes. Somewhere in the multiverse there's a universe where the Thor movies went Full Kirby in the costume design and it was majestic.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/04/see-valentinos-tribute-to-wonder-woman.html

Hey girl I heard you like stars so I put stars on your stars so you can stars while you stars :iamafag:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Thanks for quoting that ginormous wall of images to make a lovely meme "joke" you're a valued contributor to the Something Awful Forum Website

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Teenage Fansub posted:

At first I thought the "camo jacket" was the blue one with the stars. (Because it blends into the background, you see. :shobon:)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

There's not a lot of red in those clothes.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Travis343 posted:

Thanks for quoting that ginormous wall of images to make a lovely meme "joke" you're a valued contributor to the Something Awful Forum Website

They got the effort they deserved, and apparently you're putting the effort into a clean forums interface that you deserve.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Timeless Appeal posted:

I mean that i'm having trouble seeing Leto's Joker and Affleck's Batman exist in the same space.

I could see it if they play it like Batfleck just utterly loathes Joker. None of this grudging respect, two sides of the same coin stuff, just Batman beating the poo poo out of Leto while telling him his music sucks and he needs to get a job.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Terrible Horse posted:

I could see it if they play it like Batfleck just utterly loathes Joker. None of this grudging respect, two sides of the same coin stuff, just Batman beating the poo poo out of Leto while telling him his music sucks and he needs to get a job.

I don't think the Batman given to us by BvS would allow for Joker to exist past say, one or two heists.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

But he has already. There's the implication that the Joker's killed a Robin in the past.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

But he has already. There's the implication that the Joker's killed a Robin in the past.

Yeah, and again it doesn't make sense that he hasn't bat branded or straight up shot the Joker if that's the case.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batman gave him all of those tattoos.

He's gone too far.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Yeah, and again it doesn't make sense that he hasn't bat branded or straight up shot the Joker if that's the case.

Some of Alfred's dialogue implies that the branding and outright murder is a relatively new development for Batfleck.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Maybe it's a thing where the Joker was the last straw and the first person he ever killed, and no one's putting that genie back in the bottle, so he just keeps on killing and killing.
But I don't think this particular cinematic universe has the nuance to do something like that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Calaveron posted:

Maybe it's a thing where the Joker was the last straw and the first person he ever killed, and no one's putting that genie back in the bottle, so he just keeps on killing and killing.
But I don't think this particular cinematic universe has the nuance to do something like that.

Also Joker is alive in Suicide Squad.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Lurdiak posted:

Well that's because of <stupid fan theory>

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My fan theory is that Batman v Superman was a stupid loving movie and it's unwise to try to find in-universe reasons for its glaring inconsistencies.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe chronologically speaking Suicide Squad is like, one week before events of BvS?

Oh poo poo I just got a check from DC for having better ideas

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The DC movies take place in the Bizarro-world of the Gotham universe, where all of Batman's villains were little kids when he started being Batman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Travis343 posted:

The DC movies take place in the Bizarro-world of the Gotham universe, where all of Batman's villains were little kids when he started being Batman.

Jared Leto is older than Ben Affleck.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Travis343 posted:

If you're referring to the show, "Gotham", good like finding a cringy-er piece of fan jerk-off material.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Penguin was just totally wasted on that abortion.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

what is so hard about making a 'Bruce travels the world learning how to Batman' show

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

hiddenriverninja posted:

what is so hard about making a 'Bruce travels the world learning how to Batman' show
They couldn't sell it so instead they made Smallville... :v:

Also, let's just assume Batfleck is the reason for all the gnarly silver dental work on Letoker's grill . . .

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

hiddenriverninja posted:

WB's insistence that more than one Batman character at a time in a single medium is "too confusing", such as the Justice League Bat-Embargo while The Batman was on the air leading to an oddly Dick-Free Bludhaven.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Toadstrieb posted:

If you're referring to the show, "Gotham", good like finding a cringy-er piece of fan jerk-off material.

I watched a couple episodes with my roommate, and I thought the show would be a lot better if they would have Batman in there, but only show him when Gordon sees him, and never mention that he's Bruce Wayne.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Quoting from the Good/Bad Art thread:

Ygolonac posted:

NWS ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME NWS

:catstare: Dear god I am so glad I opened that file on my tablet in the privacy of my home, instead of anywhere that someone might see that cover. Not that it's *bad* art, just very very anime. Very. I might go so far as to put it in the class of Manara's Spider-Woman cover, for :quagmire:. The single-unstable-molecule threads holding up the crotch-strip (which needs to be hiked up in the back, to remove the slack in the front), the (can't call it a breastplate, that implies actual armor, boob-sockets or no) tit amplifier... not shown: Emma Frost facepalming and waving a white flag.

Seriously, I closed the comic app and put down the tablet when that cover popped up, because I sure as gently caress was not expecting *that*.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It actually is bad art - the quality of the colouring just makes it look better than it deserves. That loving right hand.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Ghostlight posted:

It actually is bad art - the quality of the colouring just makes it look better than it deserves. That loving right hand.

Yea h I could break down everything wrong with the face, but here's very little he got right with that asymmetrical flat whatever it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

WB's insistence that more than one Batman character at a time in a single medium is "too confusing", such as the Justice League Bat-Embargo while The Batman was on the air leading to an oddly Dick-Free Bludhaven.

They actually fudged that. Nightwing does actually appear in the fight club episode, but it's a 3 second cameo while... Huntress? rides into town.

Though, to answer the actual question, it's actually harder than you'd think, mostly because the conceit would prevent you from having much in the way of recurring cast or even standing sets, making the show very expensive compared to other ideas.

• Locked thread