Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Wanamingo posted:

The picture I posted is from a game called Dragon Commander which is probably what you're remembering
Thanks for telling me which game - it's surprisingly hard to find an undead princess from a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

That Robot posted:

well

she's like the terminator

her blog is back yet again with a repost of her original something awful exposé

also she is most certainly a dude named adama2014

adama2014, if you're reading this: lol man what is the point of this loving bullshit hahahahaha

ArbitraryC posted:

honestly surprised she didn't run with your response a bit more. The type of people who get upset about these causes wouldn't care at all about whether people are banned for making accounts to advertise their blog or w/e, they would ignore literally any context and just focus on the "bad things were said and anyone suggesting that maybe what this woman did was wrong must also agree with the harassment against women and these sexists attacks" and just repeat that ad nauseum until the issue is divided into two camps where anyone remotely critical of the other side is a horrible sexist bigot. I've honestly never seen this strategy fail in the era of social media she just needed to hold out a bit longer before a more mainstream site picked it up.

ArbitraryC posted:

I still think that if she maintained a "some people who disagreed with me said sexist/bad things therefor everyone who disagrees with me must agree with those people" tactic and tweeted about her plight to certain circles of the internet she could have gotten a lot of traction regardless of the actual context or reality of the situation. It's a straight up fool proof plan if you're willing to just dig your feet in on it.

as it was written, so it shall be done

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Today we who fight against the oppression of women have gained a powerful ally.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Al Cowens posted:

This is basically what that brooding culture war from two years ago that just won't end is all about. Condolences (not just goondolences, condolences) for learning this the hard way, first-hand. You are an unfortunate victim and bystander to this conflict. The poop reached out and touched you and you are a part of it now. There is no escape.

I'm earnestly trying not to be a jerk because I am totally sympathetic to your situation. I am sincere posting right now and do not wish to come across as snarkily blurting out "I told you so". You have a family to raise. Please don't let them hold you or your family ransom. We're both too old for this poo poo. I'm confident that you will make it through this unscathed, as you have have more experience in fending off unhinged internet predators than I do. Believe in yourself! In no universe are you a misogynist MRA goober gapper or whatever. I would be very upset if this regressive cult successfully character assassinated you, or worse. Don't give in!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

From the bottom of my heart: Thank you, Mr. Kyanka, for the latest and greatest iteration of the hellthread.

wow that's probably the most bitchmade way of saying "i told you so" i've ever seen.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
R E G R E S S I V E L E F T

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Maoist Pussy posted:

Virtue is not a result of effort. It is a result of Enlightenment and Education and Information. Lots and lots of Information.

Never figured out how to get info, enlightenment or education without rigor, personally.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
I think she was looking for one of those modern pussy rear end politically correct forums like Neogaf or something.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Ork of Fiction posted:

Never figured out how to get info, enlightenment or education without rigor, personally.

You just need an Open Mind.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Sestze posted:

Thanks for telling me which game - it's surprisingly hard to find an undead princess from a video game.

game is really good btw you're a dragon with a jetpack and it's fun and funny

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cowman posted:

game is really good btw you're a dragon with a jetpack and it's fun and funny

It's true

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

oh it's a very lucrative game - too bad the major player has only been playing with herself the entire time

http://degree180.com/8686-2/

Zoe should take the fembot under her wing and show her how the scam is really run

:stare: proclick

It's not pro-gamergate and it's not mainly about gamergate

e: Not actually a proclick :ohdear: I've mostly sheltered myself from Zoe Quinn poo poo and as a result i'm very naive

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 26, 2016

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

oh it's a very lucrative game - too bad the major player has only been playing with herself the entire time

http://degree180.com/8686-2/

Zoe should take the fembot under her wing and show her how the scam is really run

i'm not sure what this is about (the kickstarter was basically a database of racists or something?) beyond the fact that zoe quinn apparently flipped out and took down something that might be her competition/reveal that she's inciting the situation to her benefit?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Absolute Lithops posted:

:stare: proclick

It's not pro-gamergate and it's not mainly about gamergate

"I’m also patient zero of GamerGate, which I will assume you’re familiar with given your line of work."

"Bad assumption"

:laffo:

Of course it's about gamergate - Zoe Quinn wants it to always be, cause that's the way she'll always be right on the internet, just like the OP. Hell, I'm honestly amazed how daft the OP is that they didn't accuse SA to be a haven for gamergaters or some other such insane nonsense. After all, if you're gonna go for absurd claims to get internet attention and claim to be bullied, go hog wild and all the way!

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 26, 2016

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Milky Moor posted:

i'm not sure what this is about (the kickstarter was basically a database of racists or something?) beyond the fact that zoe quinn apparently flipped out and took down something that might be her competition/reveal that she's inciting the situation to her benefit?

From what I've gathered, Social Autopsy was intended to show the identities of cyber bullies and take away the anonymity that makes cyber bullying so easy. Quinn tried to shut it down and in doing so revealed herself to be a cyber bully or whatever because she was really sloppy and bad at covering her tracks.

Social Autopsy would basically just be a database of 4channers and redditors.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Al Cowens posted:

Asocial basement men are not threatening at all. They're like the opposite of creepy. They're more like pitiful.

Yeah, no. I vividly remember being on a bus and a normal girl - looked like a cheerleader type, probably early high school - was getting ready to get off the bus and a basement dweller was too.

She was tiny. He was tall, bulky, fat, pinched piggy face, greasy hair, wearing a black trench coat. There was something that was incredibly 'off' about him. He purposefully marched up the aisle and ended up standing way too close to her, he stared directly ahead with such focus that - fair or not - it looked like he was lasering his eyes on her. He was either socially inept in the worst way, or was psyching himself up for something.

She got incredibly creeped out. The entire bus did too...everyone started looking around at the bus stop to check if it was in a well-trafficked area, I could hear some muttering as if they wanted to help, etcetera. It's like the energy level rising in a bar when you see a fight about to break out.

Even the bus driver felt it - when we stopped the bus, she got off first, and started walking one way. He got off and started walking the other. The bus waited for about 30 seconds - way longer than it did at any other stop - while we waited for her to get a safe distance away. The bus only left after it was obvious the dude was nowhere around her.

So, yeah - it's situational.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

CrazyLoon posted:

Of course it's about gamergate

Please note that I wrote "not mainly about gamergate" (emphasis added).

The Social Autopsy site sounds dumb, and calling Zoe's campaign against it "cyberterrorism" is dumb too. But imo it's interesting to see how she operates. Then again, I didn't pay attention to gamergate so I'm not completely sick of seeing her name.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

CrazyLoon posted:

Of course it's about gamergate - Zoe Quinn wants it to always be, cause that's the way she'll always be right on the internet, just like the OP. Hell, I'm honestly amazed how daft the OP is that they didn't accuse SA to be a haven for gamergaters or some other such insane nonsense. After all, if you're gonna go for absurd claims to get internet attention and claim to be bullied, go hog wild and all the way!
The mysterious terrorist faction known only as "GamerGate" has been held directly responsible for the assault on the Bataclan in Paris last year, getting Trump almost elected, the gang rapes in Sweden and Cologne, 9/11, all your favorite celebrities that died in 2016, and that time my neighbor's dog pissed on my lawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9HIzlbFMco

I stand corrected.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no. I vividly remember being on a bus and a normal girl - looked like a cheerleader type, probably early high school - was getting ready to get off the bus and a basement dweller was too.

She was tiny. He was tall, bulky, fat, pinched piggy face, greasy hair, wearing a black trench coat. There was something that was incredibly 'off' about him. He purposefully marched up the aisle and ended up standing way too close to her, he stared directly ahead with such focus that - fair or not - it looked like he was lasering his eyes on her. He was either socially inept in the worst way, or was psyching himself up for something.

She got incredibly creeped out. The entire bus did too...everyone started looking around at the bus stop to check if it was in a well-trafficked area, I could hear some muttering as if they wanted to help, etcetera. It's like the energy level rising in a bar when you see a fight about to break out.

Even the bus driver felt it - when we stopped the bus, she got off first, and started walking one way. He got off and started walking the other. The bus waited for about 30 seconds - way longer than it did at any other stop - while we waited for her to get a safe distance away. The bus only left after it was obvious the dude was nowhere around her.

So, yeah - it's situational.

So basically he was no threat and was just a pitiful creep. Also this whole thing only happened in your mind because no one riding public transport gives poo poo about anyone else on public transport and just wants to get the gently caress to work or home without sitting in hobo piss.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Zorodius posted:

Then she posts the "female taking up half the frame" cartoon, overlooking that her blog was exactly that - I mean, her portrait literally took up the entire left 50% of the page. She misses this point so badly that she actually thinks someone is referring to her SA avatar when they reference "that graphic in the left panel."

Apparently my comment about the atrocious lettering, inexplicable, awkwardly placed biohazard sign and lovely background stung her real good. Probably took her an entire day in Corel Draw.
Also lol that after deleting her entire online presence, the only entry in her new blog is about dumb internets drama :thumbsup:

quote:

So that’s how things went. Finally, I did have to do my job for a little while, and when I came back, I saw that I’d been banned. Frankly, I was irate because I thought it was unfair. Why should I have to pay $10 to log back on when I’d probably been the most respectful person there?

"And then I went and paid another $10 to be unbanned and never post again."

grate deceiver fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 26, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

grate deceiver posted:

"And then I went and paid another $10 to be unbanned and never post again."

I bet she doesn't even know about this thread. All these great quotes going unmined.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Since I don't think it's been mentioned yet:
Jessica's meltdown was launched in earnest by Defenestration telling her she needs to accept criticism from editors.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773005&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post458971004

JessicaDupre posted:

I'm back from Jessica Jones. Thanks, Surrogate Dad. You're absolutely right. I'm going to take down my blog now, un-publish my memoir, and go back to school. I'm so glad you were here to stop me from doing something stupid.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773005&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post458971731

JessicaDupre posted:

Oh, hardly a waste. I met Defenestration, and he's going to teach me everything I need to know about publishing. For example, what are those thingies at the tops of the pages when you read books? They're not letters. Do I need those?

Based on what she wrote on her blogs and the fembot forum, I think she interpreted Defenestration's advice as a vicious attack on who she is as a person.

I Dunno
Apr 7, 2014

I wish "Jessica" would stop writing...forever.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Did she say anywhere what exactly does she teach? Because if it's creative writing or graphic design or anything like that then lmao

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

grate deceiver posted:

Did she say anywhere what exactly does she teach? Because if it's creative writing

It's certainly creative to write down the above-mentioned as misogynistic personal attacks.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Absolute Lithops posted:

Since I don't think it's been mentioned yet:
Jessica's meltdown was launched in earnest by Defenestration telling her she needs to accept criticism from editors.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773005&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post458971004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773005&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post458971731

Based on what she wrote on her blogs and the fembot forum, I think she interpreted Defenestration's advice as a vicious attack on who she is as a person.

If that relatively mild bit of criticizm from a rando on a comedy forum causes a meltdown then it must have touched a few raw nerves. Perhaps she can spend less time fembot fantasizing and more time introspecting and figuring her poo poo out, she sounds like a very insecure person.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Cowman posted:

From what I've gathered, Social Autopsy was intended to show the identities of cyber bullies and take away the anonymity that makes cyber bullying so easy. Quinn tried to shut it down and in doing so revealed herself to be a cyber bully or whatever because she was really sloppy and bad at covering her tracks.

Social Autopsy would basically just be a database of 4channers and redditors.

every article i've found is basically an internet version of he said she said so i'm going to chalk it up to stupid bullshit

i'm still not sure what social autopsy is or how it'd work or anything about this apparently terrible controversy

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Lowtax posted:

Jesus Christ this person is a loving attention-starved imbecile. KEEP ON CLAIMING YOU ARE A VICTIM OF HARASSMENT FROM ONLINE MISOGYNY, THAT'S HOW YOU GET THE INTERNET TRAFFIC THESE DAYS AND IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER IF IT DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!!

Lol chill out mr. Tax :) I'm pretty sure every single person who's going to read that article has already posted in this thread and we know the score.

lol at her cherry picked "worst of the worst" comments being the most mild form of :airquote:sexism:airquote: imaginable, not to mention that it's apparent to everyone besides her that the comments were made solely to wind her up.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Milky Moor posted:

every article i've found is basically an internet version of he said she said so i'm going to chalk it up to stupid bullshit

i'm still not sure what social autopsy is or how it'd work or anything about this apparently terrible controversy

TL;DR from what little I skimmed is - person without much internet knowledge/experience tries to do babbys first Kickstarter and Zoe Quinn makes it all about her instead by importing her drama into it so she can milk more sympathy :10bux:.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Did anyone post this yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDmjsYnNQ0Q
If not then it's an appropriate soundtrack for this thread

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

CrazyLoon posted:

TL;DR from what little I skimmed is - person without much internet knowledge/experience tries to do babbys first Kickstarter and Zoe Quinn makes it all about her instead by importing her drama into it so she can milk more sympathy :10bux:.

Don't forget a lot of people thinking that the Kickstarter was done by a Gamergate sleeper agent or some poo poo like that.

And apparently, a bunch of journos got involved into the mess.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 26, 2016

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

CrazyLoon posted:

Counterpoint: someone with less internet savvy than even the subject of this thread wants to start a doxxing site, doesn't understand the issue.

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2016/04/20/social-autopsy-founder-candace-owen-channels-gamergate-in-bizarre-attack-on-zoe-quinn/

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Let's just agree that said person is far too ignorant about doxxing and that anyone that even remotely treats or replies to people like Zoe Quinn seriously, really needs to spend their time more productively.

Sorry Lowtax.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I came here to snigger at roboladies not read hot takes on Gamergate

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
When you start looking at threads, everything is gamergate, everything is censorship, everything is unethical and you have to point it out, every time.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I couldn't make it through any of her robot sex stories because my eyes just started to glaze over and roll back into my head whenever I tried

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Shoehead posted:

I came here to snigger at roboladies not read hot takes on Gamergate

You say that like it isn't just a small part of a vast and rich tapestry of high quality internet drama. Also, the reason why it even turned to that direction was because she tried to do go the classic outrage warrior poo poo and failed in a spectacular manner.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Scudworth posted:

Counterpoint: someone with less internet savvy than even the subject of this thread wants to start a doxxing site, doesn't understand the issue.

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2016/04/20/social-autopsy-founder-candace-owen-channels-gamergate-in-bizarre-attack-on-zoe-quinn/

Whether what Owens wants to do is a good idea or not is besides the point, the fact is she caught Quinn red-handed using Gators to stir up the very harassment that she profits from

The slightly more clever version of what the fembot was doing in the first place

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What I want to know is, now that she's taken down SA, how's she gonna top it? Which den of sexism is going to be the target of her next hard hitting expose? Perhaps the fembotchat forums that kicked her while she was down??

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Applewhite posted:

What I want to know is, now that she's taken down SA, how's she gonna top it? Which den of sexism is going to be the target of her next hard hitting expose? Perhaps the fembotchat forums that kicked her while she was down??

At this rate, she'll be speaking in front of the UN assembly about her trials and tribulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
It's about ethics in robot loving.

• Locked thread