Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
holy gently caress $100,000

thats a lot of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
bmws and mercs instead of fords and holdens, I'd be ok with it

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

That is some bullshit right there.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. Uh. gently caress. I picked the wrong moment to change teams.

e: gently caress, that is a bad forum to read, these guys are the ones I'm constantly saying no to more I/O on. Not them specifically, but they and their ilk.

tithin fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 26, 2016

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Kaisermania is actually an awesome name.

Birdstrike posted:

Turnbull on 7:30 just now

"[i]Under Labor's policy, a plumber with an income of $100,000 would be unable to negatively gear their housing investment.

Oh Turnbull :allears:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

tithin posted:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. Uh. gently caress. I picked the wrong moment to change teams.

what does this mean?

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad

tithin posted:

That reads like it is just limiting it to residents, rather than citizens. So I would think that anyone actually living in Australia should be unaffected. The NZ exception is there because the visa/residency situation for NZ citizens in Australia is a bit different to other countries.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Zenithe posted:

Kaisermania is actually an awesome name.

Vatcha gonna do, bruder, when Kaisermania runs vild on you

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Sticko posted:

That reads like it is just limiting it to residents, rather than citizens. So I would think that anyone actually living in Australia should be unaffected. The NZ exception is there because the visa/residency situation for NZ citizens in Australia is a bit different to other countries.

A lot of stock in all these loving enormous apartment complexes are being bought by overseas buyers.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Is the LNP winning the election actually the worst possible outcome if the housing bubble looks like bursting during their reign?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I know that it's already been slapped around like a digger's missus on ANZAC day but anyone who thought that there was an existential threat to Australia in WW1 and that having Australians serve in the UK army could somehow influence the outcome is going to vote LNP no matter what the facts are. The only time Australians have ever fought for anything like our continued existence was in WW2 and even then our contribution to our own defence was pretty insignificant, partly because the UK kept interfering and sending our guys to die and get captured in dumb ways rather than actually contributing to the defence of our own lands. It's like we never learn from history OI! OI! OI!

Anyway it turns out Channel Nine are running an expose on the story in the Daily Telegraph today on disability routing. Go on I dare you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHUw5uDKAVg

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Is the LNP winning the election actually the worst possible outcome if the housing bubble looks like bursting during their reign?

This guy gets it.

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad

Jumpingmanjim posted:

A lot of stock in all these loving enormous apartment complexes are being bought by overseas buyers.

Absolutely, but for Tithin specifically I'm pretty sure its not going change anything.

Meanwhile, looks like I was right to sleepy old Sydney :emo: . http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11628399

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

From that links comments

This study quite categorically differentiates between female ejaculate (a small amount of fluid which contains PSA from the Skene's gland) and 'squirt' (up to a cup of fluid from the bladder). This study says NOTHING about female ejaculate or its composition, so no, this is not proof that 'female ejaculation is just pee'. :shrug:

Somebody says this everytime lol

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jumpingmanjim posted:

what does this mean?

I work for a big 4 lender in credit assessment, currently doing variation assessments but moving in the next few weeks unofficially to help out new business because they've been swamped for some time in terms of new business applications.

This means that we're potentially going to get absolutely swamped with new applications and if this financier is doing this..

Sticko posted:

I understand this - however it means that there's going to be a ripple / wave of refinances from them to other financiers. Could end up being nothing, could end up swamping us. we'll have to see.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/unitedpatriotsfront/videos/274752342859225/

:biotruths: ???

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

open24hours posted:

What do you think would have happened to Australia if the British had lost WW1?

poo poo loving all

are you seriously suggesting that Germany would have sent troops to the opposite end of the world in order to conquer what is an occupying power's worst nightmare? Germany's primary goal during the war was lebensraum to the east (as evidenced by their carving up of Russia), not a British dominion separated from them by tens of thousands of miles of ocean.

open24hours posted:

The possibility of another country taking over seems like a pretty clear case of an existential threat.

what loving possibility, mate

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Can you imagine how much further the LNP would distort the housing market to try and hold off a bubble bursting on their watch?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I had the sound off so I can only assume it's complaining about Alex Rance receiving a 2 game suspension in the AFL

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
One thing I am keen for this election is to see what level of Astroturfing happens on Malcolm Turnbull's Facebook Page.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

By the way his likes are up 131% from last week.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

He doesn't speak very good.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

Can you imagine how much further the LNP would distort the housing market to try and hold off a bubble bursting on their watch?

I have no doubt they'll try, but a lot of the problems are going to come from people like APRA, the RBA and foreign lenders tightening how much the banks can loan out. The interest rates aren't going to stay this low forever and if China shits itself properly this time around there isn't much the Australian government would be able to do to stop the crash spreading here.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I am glad the ultranationalists have crossed the "untermensch" threshold

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

Cartoon posted:

Anyway it turns out Channel Nine are running an expose on the story in the Daily Telegraph today on disability routing.

If people on welfare weren't bludgers they'd take one of the thousands of jobs Channel Nine is creating in the child abduction industry. Free travel, ten years free accommodation, no special skills required, just need a valid passport. What's stopping you?

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

If people on welfare weren't bludgers they'd take one of the thousands of jobs Channel Nine is creating in the child abduction industry. Free travel, ten years free accommodation, no special skills required, just need a valid passport. What's stopping you?

Can you grab a child? If so please email us!

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Passports are like $400 bucks man

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

as a bonus all these 'mental health' issues that soft GPs use as an excuse to get bludgers out of work are well suited to a role international crime.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Channel 9 is just trying to keep alive the fine Australian tradition of taking children from their non-white parents and placing them in white households. Why all this hate for the defenders of our heritage?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Even for these guys this is ridiculous.

"What you see on the external is only an advertisement for what lies within", says Blair Cottrell while reading Mein Kampf and injecting steroids into his arse.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It's a difficult one.

Short term, the housing bubble bursting during a LNP term (especially near the beginning) would be awful. Not only all the damage to the economy flowing on, but the cuts the Libs would make to try and "fix" the housing market. Long term it would give Labor big economic creds and probably at least a couple of terms.

If it bursts during a Labor government, then here comes the Coalition with a terrifying majority.

There's no fun way out of the mess the boomers have created.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Anidav posted:

By the way his likes are up 131% from last week.

ScoMo's are up 139% and Christopher Pyne's are up by 165.7%

Look how popular our government is!

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad

Senor Tron posted:

It's a difficult one.

Short term, the housing bubble bursting during a LNP term (especially near the beginning) would be awful. Not only all the damage to the economy flowing on, but the cuts the Libs would make to try and "fix" the housing market. Long term it would give Labor big economic creds and probably at least a couple of terms.

If it bursts during a Labor government, then here comes the Coalition with a terrifying majority.

There's no fun way out of the mess the boomers have created.

Housing market to drop 30% during June, handing LNP a massive election loss.

Pity it would only put prices back to 2013 levels, and the LNP would still get back in since they're the only strong economic managers in tough times (lol).

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Lionhjelm wrote a piece in the AFR today proposing an alternative budget.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

BBJoey posted:

poo poo loving all

are you seriously suggesting that Germany would have sent troops to the opposite end of the world in order to conquer what is an occupying power's worst nightmare? Germany's primary goal during the war was lebensraum to the east (as evidenced by their carving up of Russia), not a British dominion separated from them by tens of thousands of miles of ocean.

what loving possibility, mate

I'll concede this, I suppose a German invasion (of Australia or Britain) would have been unlikely.

I do wonder what would have happened both if the British had lost and/or Australia refused to participate, I guess that's unknowable alt-history though.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Les Affaires posted:

Lionhjelm wrote a piece in the AFR today proposing an alternative budget.

If you read Atlas shrugged upside down and back to front, does it suddenly turn into a good book?

Guess its still probably just a load of old poo poo.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

open24hours posted:

I'll concede this, I suppose a German invasion (of Australia or Britain) would have been unlikely.

I do wonder what would have happened both if the British had lost and/or Australia refused to participate, I guess that's unknowable alt-history though.
Germany repopulates the British Privy Council and Parliament with the Kaiser's cronies, who revoke Australia's dominion status, repeal the Australian constitution, erm, war of secession?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Snod. posted:

ScoMo's are up 139% and Christopher Pyne's are up by 165.7%

Look how popular our government is!

Oh Jesus my heart.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Goon Astroturfing Project 2.0 pls.

Adbot