Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

These are supposedly pankcakes

holy poo poo this is a big image

It makes me feel like there should definitely be pancake rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

These are supposedly pankcakes

holy poo poo this is a big image

Those are some thick loving pancakes and what is that bubbling out of the one at the bottom?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Those are some thick loving pancakes and what is that bubbling out of the one at the bottom?

puss

insta
Jan 28, 2009
Is this more from the fit vegan ginger blog? (only two words apply)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Heh this was on ABC's The Checkout. Was funny.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

It's a Cadbury cream egg. Apparently there are places in Scotland where you take your own candy bars to be fried.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Scathach posted:

It's a Cadbury cream egg. Apparently there are places in Scotland where you take your own candy bars to be fried.

It would be more accurate to say there are places in Scotland where you can't fry your sweets.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

It would be more accurate to say there are places in Scotland where you can't fry your sweets.

In theory, anyway

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Scathach posted:

Would. So hard.

Thanks to this thread, I've learned that what I have always chalked up to be poor white trash growing up is actually signs of growing up in a food insecure household.

To contribute- as a kid, I didn't know you were supposed to add water to Campbell's condensed chicken noodle soup. To this day, I prefer it the way I ate it growing up- cold and condensed.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

bulletsponge13 posted:

Would. So hard.

Thanks to this thread, I've learned that what I have always chalked up to be poor white trash growing up is actually signs of growing up in a food insecure household.

To contribute- as a kid, I didn't know you were supposed to add water to Campbell's condensed chicken noodle soup. To this day, I prefer it the way I ate it growing up- cold and condensed.

:) Same, but with mushroom soup. I put rice in it.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Bean and ham soup is possibly best eaten cold, condensed and out of the can.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Mmm, soup.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

twoday posted:

Mmm, soup.

Happy Meals come with a toy, but Buddy Meals come with a friend. :)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

axolotl farmer posted:

Don't eat pangolins :(

And let that delicious meat go to waste?

twoday posted:

Mmm, soup.

"Waiter, there's a symbol of the terror that lurks in the hearts of criminals in my soup!"

twoday
May 4, 2005

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42788111/ns/health-infectious_diseases/t/eating-armadillos-blamed-leprosy-south/#.Vx4ir9RXeK0

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

"So the effective sample size they were working with was 15, and one dude with leprosy said he hunted and ate armadillos. Ideas for a headline?"

"EATING ARMADILLOS GIVES YOU LEPROSY" :thumbsup:

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
don't eat 'dillos

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I would probably not eat an armadillo on purpose. As a New Yorker who has spent a strictly superficial amount of time outside and/or in the southwest, armadillos are still exotic enough for me to categorize them as "magical and the best".

On the other hand, that's also how I categorize pheasants (they have fancy eyebrows!), and I will eat an unlimited number of pheasants.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"So the effective sample size they were working with was 15, and one dude with leprosy said he hunted and ate armadillos. Ideas for a headline?"

New England Journal of Medicine: Probable Zoonotic Leprosy in the Southern United States

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Im sold! Burn the south.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You needed convincing?

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

They are known to carry leprosy germs on their feet, so probably less the eating than the frequent handling of carcasses to butcher then.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

did you not know about that?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

pienipple posted:

They are known to carry leprosy germs on their feet, so probably less the eating than the frequent handling of carcasses to butcher then.

Yeah, I've got no beef with the research methods or their conclusions--it all seems pretty sound. "We found these markers here, and they're also there, and that's way too many in common to be pure coincidence."

My sticking point is the dumbshit journalist who saw that one dude reported having hunted and eaten armadillo and automatically slapped a clickbait headline on the article. We can't say for sure if those activities even caused his illness, let alone whether it was the dressing and preparation of the animal or the actual consumption of the cooked meat. Hell, it's equally as likely that he contracted leprosy hauling the bits he didn't cook out to the garbage because he tripped over a different, live armadillo on the way back to the house.

It's bad journalism and it makes me angrier than the angriest whopper

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

spaghetti bread

Only registered members can see post attachments!

twoday
May 4, 2005

I found more news you guys will enjoy:

http://www.livescience.com/44402-bat-soup-ebola-virus-outbreak.html

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Devonaut posted:

spaghetti bread

cinco pasta bear

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Bats harbor a ridiculous number of zoonoses, don't handle them without PPE and knowledge of what you're doing.

Definitely don't eat them.

Australian Bat Lyssavirus, rabies, Ebola, Hendra/Nipah virus, Menangle virus, SARS/MERS...

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Pretty much every time there has been an Ebola outbreak, it can be traced to a food shortage that leads people to hunting and eating bats and/or passing said bats off as other meat in markets to make money.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Eponine posted:

Pretty much every time there has been an Ebola outbreak, it can be traced to a food shortage that leads people to hunting and eating bats and/or passing said bats off as other meat in markets to make money.

The meat of apes as well.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Fun fact: about 95% of humans are immune to leprosy. So that's a lot more people eating armadillo and not getting it.

Mmm chicken... foot

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I think you missed the AUG thread

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Is that a wheat cracker stuck into a boiled potato? I don't even want to know what they do in the bedroom.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Why even put the veg and what I think is apple sauce on the plate? Just gently caress em on the floor since they're gonna fall off when you try cutting into that hunk o meat.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Haha, someone got 'em with the ol' "loosen the lid on the parm" gag

"Hey bae, I made hot dogs for dinner"

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"Hey bae, I made hot dogs for dinner"

It should be diagonal with caramelised onions and your choice of sauce :australia:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

My mom's spaghetti plate looks like that all the time, no gag required (although minus the sauce, her and my dad are strict butter+spaghetti+shitload of kraft parmesan only people). Some people really like that stuff.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Murphy Brownback posted:

My mom's spaghetti plate looks like that all the time, no gag required (although minus the sauce, her and my dad are strict butter+spaghetti+shitload of kraft parmesan only people). Some people really like that stuff.

Yeah, I have to raise my hand and address the court on this one. The only acceptable plate of spaghetti is the one where the spaghetti is hidden beneath a thick layer of Parmesan. Sliced Parmesan on good crackers is the bomb, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Better make Cacio e Pepe at that point.