Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also Happy Birthday to Erg and Pre-emptive Happy Birthday to Chumbler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
10 Billion Days and a Hundred Billion Nights is an odd interesting book. It kind of lost me once it transitioned from historical events mixed with sci-fi to full on sci-fi after the protagonists woke up in the ruins of Tokyo, but even then, it has a very fluid otherworldly quality to it, since the nature of the characters is never fully explained, and you sort of assume that Asura, Plato, and Buddha are all full on cyborgs at that point since they themselves don't question their existence till the very end. Ironically, the most normal section of the book is Jesus's crucifixion, since it's mostly Pontius Pilate not wanting to deal with it. Anyways, an interesting read, pondering the end of all things and the nature of self. The first half is pretty neat, while the second half is a bit messy, though you get Buddha dueling Jesus in the ruins of Tokyo.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Erg posted:

Also I'm 24 today so I feel like I should be the CEO of a company by now?

:confuoot:

Happy Birthday! Welcome to slighter older adulthood, but not yet an old.

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

Erg posted:

Sure, along with all the other CxOs and also the only employee

Happy Birthday!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

It's okay as long as you don't hit 30

Also happy birthday

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Years ago I remember watching or reading something where the main character would use their powers, and each time they did it they'd be a little less human. They had a ring or something which showed them getting closer and closer to not being human whenver this happened.

EDIT: Pretty sure it was the the Mister Monday series by Garth Nix whoops

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shadow of the Colossus

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Bleremiah posted:

Years ago I remember watching or reading something where the main character would use their powers, and each time they did it they'd be a little less human. They had a ring or something which showed them getting closer and closer to not being human whenver this happened.

EDIT: Pretty sure it was the the Mister Monday series by Garth Nix whoops

Lord of the Rings :mmmhmm:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

My boys!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Not pictured: the short one floats, and the others besides the red-headed can materialize wings.

The Great Mizuti is a Great Character.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

in today's tomo-chan the carol character held her index finger and middle finger up in a V shape? what does this mean? im assuming its just another quirky japanese cultural thing

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Was it Garth Nix that had that book about the necromancer girl with magic bells? I remember enjoying that book

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

in today's tomo-chan the carol character held her index finger and middle finger up in a V shape? what does this mean? im assuming its just another quirky japanese cultural thing

Paz

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

it's the V sign, usually signifying either "victory" or "peace". it's fairly common throughout both the british commonwealth and east asia, and apparently less well-known in the US. also don't give it with the back of your hand or else it becomes an insult similar to giving someone the finger

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Knorth posted:

Was it Garth Nix that had that book about the necromancer girl with magic bells? I remember enjoying that book

yeah. Garth Nix has a very awesome name, and apparently it's the one he was born with

e: also I think it was a trilogy

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

Also Happy Birthday to Erg and Pre-emptive Happy Birthday to Chumbler.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Erg posted:

yeah. Garth Nix has a very awesome name, and apparently it's the one he was born with

e: also I think it was a trilogy

Yeah, its definitely a memorable name :) and I don't think I ever read the sequels

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I remembered the anime birthday calendar thing, and chumbler shares a birthday with Naoto and I share a birthday with 3 nobodies

insanely jealous right now

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=cDhsMzZicGd0NTlxOXQ5MmF2M2RvMTBiazRAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ&pli=1

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Thuryl posted:

it's the V sign, usually signifying either "victory" or "peace". it's fairly common throughout both the british commonwealth and east asia, and apparently less well-known in the US. also don't give it with the back of your hand or else it becomes an insult similar to giving someone the finger

BIG THANKS

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Thuryl posted:

This is what happens when people don't read the backlog :)

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
whoops

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

haha

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Erg posted:

I remembered the anime birthday calendar thing, and chumbler shares a birthday with Naoto and I share a birthday with 3 nobodies

insanely jealous right now

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=cDhsMzZicGd0NTlxOXQ5MmF2M2RvMTBiazRAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ&pli=1

I was actually born on the Tachibana (July 7), so I have a fuckton of birthdays. Most notable that come to mind are Ichigo from Bleach and Senjougahara from Monogatari.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Looking at the calendar, also Tylor and Killua, and tons of minor characters.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Happy birthdays to Erg, Chumbler, and the principal of Jindai High School.

This is cool, but I got nobody cool to share a birthday with on it :(

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

z0glin Warchief posted:

Happy birthdays to Erg, Chumbler, and the principal of Jindai High School.

This is cool, but I got nobody cool to share a birthday with on it :(

Try this one. http://schara.sunrockgo.com

It's more complete I think

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I share a birthday with the wrong Nico :whitewater:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I share a birthday with a character I also share my name with.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Allarion posted:

Neat! Erg still doesn't get anyone cool :(

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Aww I don't recognise any of the characters I share a birthday with, although it's reminding me that I really should watch Nodame Cantabile some day

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Only one good anime was born on my birthday, but it's a real good one: Loran.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Allarion posted:

It's got Hoshii Miki, so it's definitely an improvement. Still nobody good for my birthday, though.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Thuryl posted:

it just keeps giving

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Grats, on actually being an anime

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I share a birthday with Hajime so I can't complain. Gatcha!

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

K-Rool Flapowitz

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pfft. Get a load of my birthday partners. :smuggo:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kakk%C5%8D

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

Happy Bergthday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

normie warning

• Locked thread