Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im getting a boner at him saying he wrote all three games before he made the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

jyrque posted:

So apparently poise is completely hosed in the game? It appears From just has disabled poise effect on damage calculation altogether in DS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaoGYbK0fo

Seems like a pretty dumb idea, making heavy armor builds worthless. My first playthrough was reliant on dodging so it made sense to dress light but my 2nd playthrough was supposed to be about being a big immovable rock so this is sad news

with my wolf ring +2 on, my curved greatsword attacks dont get interrupted by shortsword swings

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I hope the secret third DLC is a bunch of beards, brows, and hairdos for the character creator

iw ant more chest hair options, one isnt enough

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I like seeing how much better the character creator gets every time a new souls game comes out

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hmmm

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nope, don't care

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

dont even wanna know. people who dont like things are everywhere. there is even a small but vocal minority of people who dont like adolf hitler for example

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thats actually a very accurate review that says things like "i felt lost when i reached a fork in the path" and i liked reading it, its not rude or angry or wrong

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
classic middle school game review

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what's his Games username

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what's his Games username

Bobnumerotres.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

i genuinely really like hearing people say that the combat is simple and repetitive but the game is impossibly hard.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

i genuinely really like hearing people say that the combat is simple and repetitive but the game is impossibly hard.

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dancer is freaking me out.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think I'm under levelled because I'm dumping all my souls into topping off my 600 count storage of turds and moss clumps.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
upgrade your weapon instead

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Absolutely not.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

jyrque posted:

At least Bloodborne 2 is guaranteed because first game sold well

I don't mind DS3 being the last Souls game because the series would end on a p high note. Good thing there's DLC tho

I'd love to see something completely new from from

Bloodborne 2 is definitely not guaranteed and probably won't happen

Can anyone clarify all the bad info going around about "3 dlc" someone said he said it, then said it was a bad translation and then someone posted the interview that was maybe the bad translation? Idk what to think

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Absolutely not.

well, qq more.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Anybody found a really good weapon to lightning infuse? On my first run through I stuck with the long sword all game and just infused it with various poo poo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

Anybody found a really good weapon to lightning infuse? On my first run through I stuck with the long sword all game and just infused it with various poo poo

straight/short swords in general worked really well for me, but I also didn't have enough dexterity for most of the curved swords

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Most people didnt stop to appreciate, or probably even notice, this flower. But I did

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Benny D posted:

Can anyone clarify all the bad info going around about "3 dlc" someone said he said it, then said it was a bad translation and then someone posted the interview that was maybe the bad translation? Idk what to think

thats correct, the full posted interview was a bad translation. there are two known dlcs and the nuanced linguistic subtext in miyazakis words apparently implies the possibility of a third

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

anything that has lightning dmg on it or has faith scaling/requirements to use would probably be good

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Benny D posted:

Rude

scary ghost dog posted:

with my wolf ring +2 on, my curved greatsword attacks dont get interrupted by shortsword swings

Does it get interrupted if not using wolf ring? I don't know

Lot of weapons seem to have poise boost in the form of hyper armor while R2 attacking so not being knocked out of a heavy weapon swing doesn't really prove poise having an effect. There are some (human model enemy) attacks that just can't be interrupted like greatsword R2 swings.

At first I thought higher poise would just give you a higher tolerance for repetitive attacks but as videos prove, walking around in Smough set still has you flinch from undead pin pricks.

Dec 26, 2012

jyrque posted:

Rude

Lot of weapons seem to have poise boost in the form of hyper armor while R2 attacking so not being knocked out of a heavy weapon swing doesn't really prove poise having an effect. There are some (human model enemy) attacks that just can't be interrupted like greatsword R2 swings.

At first I thought higher poise would just give you a higher tolerance for repetitive attacks but as videos prove, walking around in Smough set still has you flinch from undead pin pricks.

i assumed it just added to existing hyper armor instead of being a catch-all don't flinch thing

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I thought the same previously but the video I linked to ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaoGYbK0fo ) has a hack turned on that apparently turns on poise effect on flinching in general. If poise is supposed to work like that I'd really like to see it happen so heavy armor actually had a point.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

anything that has lightning dmg on it or has faith scaling/requirements to use would probably be good

pretty sure everything with lightning damage already is a boss weapon or special weapon that cant be buffed or infused. something with a faith requirement like astoras sword might work good though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

pretty sure everything with lightning damage already is a boss weapon or special weapon that cant be buffed or infused. something with a faith requirement like astoras sword might work good though

theres stuff like the drakeblood sword and creightons axe, im not sure if they count as special weapons but they dont have special movesets.

Dec 26, 2012

jyrque posted:

I thought the same previously but the video I linked to ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaoGYbK0fo ) has a hack turned on that apparently turns on poise effect on flinching in general. If poise is supposed to work like that I'd really like to see it happen so heavy armor actually had a point.

it was probably like legacy poise early in dev and then they switched it over. the existence of that doesn't make the other not true unless they tested that as well

Dec 26, 2012

astora's is probably great because it has high base damage and crap physical scaling

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, that is true I guess :v:

I'll probably try heavy armors for fashion souls anyhow

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

The lothric knight sword ends up with S faith scaling with a +10 lightning infusion, and the lothric knight greatsword starts out with lightning damage (but doesn't scale)

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3Wj_d-aOE

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

bog pixie posted:

The lothric knight sword ends up with S faith scaling with a +10 lightning infusion, and the lothric knight greatsword starts out with lightning damage (but doesn't scale)

drat, the lothric knight sword is great at everything apparently

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

jyrque posted:

yeah unless its near the end of the r2 animation which seems to have inherent poise. with the ring on, if ive already begun to swing, nothing short of an ultra greatsword will interrupt me, but if i take all of my clothes off but leave the ring on, short swords can break my poise. naked and no ring, no poise at all. did a bunch of testing but only with my favorite weapon and my particular fashion souls i.e. parameters that only apply to me

scary ghost dog fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 26, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

drat, the lothric knight sword is great at everything apparently

Its not great at being cool.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

jyrque posted:

Rude

Gpod poise is stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I was proctoring a 4 hour test at work and got bored so I started reading the games thread and they spent like a billion pages complaining about how poise doesnt do anything and how dark souls 2 is better than 3 and I honestly dont know how goons dress themselves in the morning

• Locked thread