Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's definitely Mega Man 7. The legs aren't swollen enough to look like Mega Man 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would still prefer some detailing on the torso to hide those garish articulation and swivel points.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is mighty number 9 coming out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

who cares

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
if we're lucky, no

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd love to know what is really going on with MN9. Frankly that's more interesting to me than the game at this point.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Wasn't one of the stretch goals an episodic documentary on the development of the game? Nothing ever came of that.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
HLJ.com has those 4INCHNEL Megaman figures up for pre-order - Classic and .EXE versions.

https://www.hlj.com/product/SET88242
https://www.hlj.com/product/SET88243

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TaurusOxford posted:

HLJ.com has those 4INCHNEL Megaman figures up for pre-order - Classic and .EXE versions.

TaurusOxford posted:

Takes one to know one tough guy

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

eightpole posted:

Takes one to know one tough guy

uhhh...what?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Man I am really glad the Battle Network is finally getting into the spectrum of collectors toys but eh. Eeeeeeeeh. Those joints on the waist are really too obvious.

Oh well, preordered.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

my thoughts on mn9 is that the plush is real cute

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

everythingWasBees posted:

my thoughts on mn9 is that the plush is real cute

The colored square with the smiley face on it? :smugjones:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So weird questions. In the world of megaman x are there normal humans and animals left? Is the world in some sort of constant state of war? Can/do the robots cannibalize each other for parts, and not just in the megaman way where he steals their powers?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Humans exist in the background as the world gets progressively hosed, but the X series' writing isn't coherent enough to care much about that. There are still humans around in the Zero series.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Were they human in Legends or was everybody some kind of robot

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Motto posted:

Humans exist in the background as the world gets progressively hosed, but the X series' writing isn't coherent enough to care much about that. There are still humans around in the Zero series.

There are even still humans during ZX, but the difference between reploid and human steadily gets smaller and smaller.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Some kind of hybrid. That's why so many people have machine parts.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

By Legends everybody's a "Carbon" and Mega Man possesses the DNA of the Master, the last human.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

The question I have is how human are the humans by the time of ZX

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Aile, Vent, and Ashe are humans yet they are fully capable of using energy restoration machines or chugging sub tanks. They also all have these clip things on their ears.

As far as ZX was concerned, the only real difference between humans and reploids was that the latter had red triangles on their heads.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Petiso posted:

I, for one, would love to see a Mega Man cartoon in a school setting.

I like how their clothing seems to be assigned at random. Centaurman, you get a girl uniform, Cutman, you get a boy uniform, Iceman, you wear a skirt...

I actually kind of wish they'd put Bass in a girl uniform, so he could be that one gossipy bitch everyone seems to have in class. You know the one.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ice Man looks so happy about it too!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Gunvolt 2 launches in Japan on August 25th alongside a physical dual-pack with the original. GV1's NA release date trailed Japan's by just nine days, so we should get it in late Aug/early Sept.
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/azure-striker-gunvolt-2-launches-alongside-azure-striker-gunvolt-pack-august-25-japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-koHipOVE4&t=358s

Motto fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 26, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
yeahhhh gunvolt yeahhhhh

gunvolt

woo

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gunvolt's a good game and Gunvolt 2 may very well be an even better game.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Gunvolt is pretty cool and if 2 can improve the level design then even better.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i wasn't being sarcastic btw, i fuckin love gunvolt

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I look forward to putting dozens of hours into Gunvolt 2 as I try to S+ rank every stage as both characters.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Aile, Vent, and Ashe are humans yet they are fully capable of using energy restoration machines or chugging sub tanks. They also all have these clip things on their ears.

As far as ZX was concerned, the only real difference between humans and reploids was that the latter had red triangles on their heads.

The other difference is that reploids had artificially enforced lifespans, right? Like by ZX they were basically humans that would live forever except real humans got pissy about it and made them arbitrarily die after a point.

...or is this from some other goofy robot thing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Motto posted:

Gunvolt 2 launches in Japan on August 25th alongside a physical dual-pack with the original. GV1's NA release date trailed Japan's by just nine days, so we should get it in late Aug/early Sept.
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/azure-striker-gunvolt-2-launches-alongside-azure-striker-gunvolt-pack-august-25-japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-koHipOVE4&t=358s

So, I wonder what the odds are of us getting Gunvolt 2 before we get MN9.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

ImpAtom posted:

Close to infinity at this point

I thought Gunvolt was okay outside of its cool combo mechanics but maybe I'll check out Gunvolt 2

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ryoshi posted:

The other difference is that reploids had artificially enforced lifespans, right? Like by ZX they were basically humans that would live forever except real humans got pissy about it and made them arbitrarily die after a point.

...or is this from some other goofy robot thing?

Nah, that's ZX. It was part of Advent's secret ending, because Inti thought the franchise needed another unresolved cliffhanger.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Almost guaranteed. Gunvolt 3 will probably be out before MN9 too.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Almost guaranteed. Gunvolt 3 will probably be out before MN9 too.

Don't you mean Gunvolt 5?

In all seriousness, good lord, do I regret backing MN9. I mean, I'm more a fan of the X/Zero/ZX style of 2D Megaman then the Classic series, but even with the Classic series as a backdrop, MN9 just looks horrid all around. One of the most irresponsible Kickstarters since the Ouya, in my opinion.

Then again, I'm comparing it to Bloodstained, so it's kind of an unfair fight to begin with.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair literally all we have of Bloodstained is some early beta footage, it could still turn out to be pretty meh.

On the other hand I doubt they're dumb enough to kickstarter Bloodstained: Judgment, the hit fighting game before Bloodstained is even out

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair literally all we have of Bloodstained is some early beta footage, it could still turn out to be pretty meh.

On the other hand I doubt they're dumb enough to kickstarter Bloodstained: Judgment, the hit fighting game before Bloodstained is even out

At this point i'm pretty sure Inafune has written the rulebook on "This Is How You Don't Kickstarter".

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Rumors that MN9 has been delayed again?

:laffo:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I keep forgetting MN9 is even a thing so these rumors of delays elicit little more than a shrug from me.

But seriously how can you gently caress up a 2D platformer's development cycle this badly?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Ryoshi posted:

I keep forgetting MN9 is even a thing so these rumors of delays elicit little more than a shrug from me.

But seriously how can you gently caress up a 2D platformer's development cycle this badly?

Especially when it looks as mediocre as it does.
I mean if the game looked like THIS that might be one thing:

It looks like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

we've got a better idea of how bloodstained is going to turn out than at this point in MN9's lifecycle, and tbh the game looks better from the most recent kickstarter update than the apparently finished I swear you guys MN9, so.