Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

randombattle posted:

Depends on the class though. I think the cash shop sorc gear is mostly garbage looking. I like my character to wear pants and there is not a single cash shop chest piece that has a pair of pants.

There is a major lack of pants for the female classes. I got bored and decided to see how much it'd be to kit out the all six characters I have with an outfit/weapon combo, underwear and the two knowledge pieces. It came to about 45 per character, without any inventory or weight upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016

Clocks posted:

So today I realized that for whatever reason, the mini yukata turns really transparent when wet:

Definitely working as intended!

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Bonapartisan posted:

There is a major lack of pants for the female classes. I got bored and decided to see how much it'd be to kit out the all six characters I have with an outfit/weapon combo, underwear and the two knowledge pieces. It came to about 45 per character, without any inventory or weight upgrades.

Knowledge pieces?

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar

Inzombiac posted:

Hey so I want to be Legolas or Gandalf. I'm super casual scrub-tier and I usually play games by myself.

Buying a box and having no sub is my favorite model. Cosmetic cash items are fine.

I hate WoW and didn't like a lot of Blade and Soul.

Dark Souls and Devil May Cry are some of my favorite games. I played the ever-loving poo poo out of City of Heroes.

Crafting and farming are appealing but I'm not too keen on playing the market too much.

I would have, at the very most, two hours 5 days a week to play.

Is this game for me?

I'd say this is definitely the game for you.

edit: Can be a female version of Legolas and a carbon copy of Gandalf.

Hobo Colossus fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Apr 26, 2016

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Knowledge pieces?
Each class has cash shop accessories that increase the chance of gaining knowledge, and increase the chance that the gained knowledge will be better (A instead of C for instance).

Frankly I'd prioritize the weight increases though.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Strategy posted:

I was really excited for Blader but the combos just feel hosed, so many that overlap and too much usage of spacebar and LMB+RMB at the same time, easily the worst key combinations out of all the of the classes.

I agree. If you miss your spacebar you get stuck in animation lock forever and getting to LMB and RMB at the same time is always an issue for me considering rmb dashes you and LMB starts an auto attack if you don't time them together perfectly; which is an issue for my dumb fingers apparently. I'm going to blame years of right click then left click to start running in MMOs.

I'm saying this without any experience in any other classes though.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I think I'd spend more money if the costumes were a bit cheaper. $10 per costume would be my sweet spot, but as it is I haven't actually purchased anything yet.

Clocks posted:

Each class has cash shop accessories that increase the chance of gaining knowledge, and increase the chance that the gained knowledge will be better (A instead of C for instance).

Frankly I'd prioritize the weight increases though.

Hmm, I might have to look into this. I've been saving my loyalty points for weight increases.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

$10 per costume would be my sweet spot

This is what GW2 does. I can confirm that at the end of the month, that $10 "literally a sandwich burrito" price point ends up extracting a lot more money from me

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 26, 2016

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This is what GW2 does. I can confirm that at the end of the month, that $10 "literally a sandwich" price point ends up extracting a lot more money from me

Since F2P games typically target whales more than regular folk, I wonder what effect that kind of price drop would have on their overall profit.

Also drat that is an expensive sandwich

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is a good argument but sadly you are not their target demographic. I quoted them saying earlier how many people bought into the 100 dollar pack preorder and because of this they raised prices to what they thought was higher than normal.

Idiots who are bad with money is their target group.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

It is a good argument but sadly you are not their target demographic. I quoted them saying earlier how many people bought into the 100 dollar pack preorder and because of this they raised prices to what they thought was higher than normal.

I apologize for my participation in this travesty :downsgun:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Reporting for duty sir! :saddowns:

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Also drat that is an expensive sandwich

Fair point, fixed.

And yeah, my whole point was that I too am an idiot who is bad with money. I'm not bad enough to spend $35 on a kimono, but if you trick me with smaller purchases I'll spend a lot more than that (my lifetime GW2 spend was close to $300 I think). And I assume there are more of my breed of idiots than the other kind, but I guess that's anecdotal. GW2 tried to go after us little people with their cash shop, and they're crashing and burning, sooo

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 26, 2016

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

I combined two of my cash shop cats hoping to get a more useless one like the screenshot above and instead ended up with some satan spawn cat that looks more like a small wolf and gives bonuses to cooking alchemy and gathering, but doesnt do anything cat like, like silently judge me while contemplating my demise..

So I bought another cash shop cat to eventually combine with my combined cashshop cat monstrosity.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Hi

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Hi posted:

I combined two of my cash shop cats hoping to get a more useless one like the screenshot above and instead ended up with some satan spawn cat that looks more like a small wolf and gives bonuses to cooking alchemy and gathering, but doesnt do anything cat like, like silently judge me while contemplating my demise..

So I bought another cash shop cat to eventually combine with my combined cashshop cat monstrosity.

Why the hell would you get rid of a wolfcat that gives bonuses to cooking alchemy and gathering?! I will take him off your hands, you madman.

Hearthstone has painfully educated me to not spend real money on anything with an RNG outcome, so I'm staying out of pet breeding for the most part... but I am excited to see what hawks we all get when we smash the Maewha event hawk into our current hawks.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fair point, fixed.

And yeah, my whole point was that I too am an idiot who is bad with money. I'm not bad enough to spend $35 on a kimono, but if you trick me with smaller purchases I'll spend a lot more than that (my lifetime GW2 spend was close to $300 I think). And I assume there are more of my breed of idiots than the other kind, but I guess that's anecdotal.

They don't care about your $300 over a year, they are looking for $3,000 whales that drop that in two months. Which there are many of.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Why the hell would you get rid of a wolfcat that gives bonuses to cooking alchemy and gathering?! I will take him off your hands, you madman.

Hearthstone has painfully educated me to not spend real money on anything with an RNG outcome, so I'm staying out of pet breeding for the most part... but I am excited to see what hawks we all get when we smash the Maewha event hawk into our current hawks.

More than likely I will combine Cat 3 with newly purchased Cat 4 instead of Cat 4 with Hellscratch, Lord of Feral Cats. But a part of me wants to see how high of a tier cash shop cat I can get and another even less responsible part of me just likes the idea of a mutant super cat that will eventually become such an eyesore it will be blatantly obvious to all passers by that I wasted a large sum of time and money to obtain said eyesore.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Man planning out what you're gonna use which town for and investing in related nodes to make the most of it is actually really fun. Yesterday I organized all of my towns (after having most of my poo poo just piled in Heidel) and linked nodes up to Altinova. I have Ahto and the Lava cave invested in atm, are there any other good harvesting nodes I should get? I'm new to this part of the map.

Clocks posted:

So today I realized that for whatever reason, the mini yukata turns really transparent when wet:

I found this out too on Tamer, but fixed it by buying that tank top/shorts underwear set and dying it to the same color as the yukata. Mine didn't seem nearly as transparent as yours even before though. :psyduck:

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 26, 2016

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Hi posted:

More than likely I will combine Cat 3 with newly purchased Cat 4 instead of Cat 4 with Hellscratch, Lord of Feral Cats. But a part of me wants to see how high of a tier cash shop cat I can get and another even less responsible part of me just likes the idea of a mutant super cat that will eventually become such an eyesore it will be blatantly obvious to all passers by that I wasted a large sum of time and money to obtain said eyesore.

This is making me super excited to smash my cats and hawks together.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Hi posted:

Combine Cat 3 with Cat 4, and then combine the resulting cat with Hellscratch to form Kitty Voltron. Then buy a red panda and penguin when they get added and begin the cycle anew.

A Spider Covets posted:

Man planning out what you're gonna use which town for and investing in related nodes to make the most of it is actually really fun. Yesterday I organized all of my towns (after having most of my poo poo just piled in Heidel) and linked nodes up to Altinova. I have Ahto and the Lava cave invested in atm, are there any other good harvesting nodes I should get? I'm new to this part of the map.

It IS. After talking to TheBartender about passive production and reading the flurry of posts about how great Heidel 9-4 is as a home base, I pulled all of my CP from non-essential nodes and bought half of Heidel for storage, housing, and costume/armor/tool production. I had just enough; after buying the flax node at the nearby plantation I now have 0 uninvested CP... very satisfying.

And 9-4 is an amazing house in a perfect location, but it's so huge! It's not apparent from the city map that's it's three stories tall. I didn't buy myself a house, I bought a loving furniture problem. :psyduck:

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 26, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

That's weird, I haven't tried for a while but around launch we tried to catch a few clan mates up and we got a message saying because there was a more than, I think, a six level difference no one would get XP. Maybe they lifted this to stop just early abuse?
It just spams the message "something something mobs purple to lowbie yield no experience" to inform and/or piss you off. System itself has been working since the day one.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

It IS. After talking to TheBartender about passive production and reading the flurry of posts about how great Heidel 9-4 is as a home base, I pulled all of my CP from non-essential nodes and bought half of Heidel for storage, housing, and costume/armor/tool production. I had just enough; after buying the flax node at the nearby plantation I now have 0 uninvested CP... very satisfying.

And 9-4 is an amazing house in a perfect location, but it's so huge! It's not apparent from the city map that's it's three stories tall. I didn't buy myself a house, I bought a loving furniture problem. :psyduck:

Hey 9-4 is my house too! I love the space. I've been slowly filling it up with furniture from the marketplace/drops from mobs (I found a bear rug!), it's starting to look pretty nice now. :) Still needs a lot more 'stuff' though.

Another great thing about 9-4: it's right next to the MP and a bunch of merchants.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
What is the fastest/cheapest way to make food to increase my level of Health? I'm trying to find a few but they seem to be quite expensive.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

Hey 9-4 is my house too! I love the space. I've been slowly filling it up with furniture from the marketplace/drops from mobs (I found a bear rug!), it's starting to look pretty nice now. :) Still needs a lot more 'stuff' though.

Another great thing about 9-4: it's right next to the MP and a bunch of merchants.

Haha, nice! I'm jealous of your bear rug, a friend of mine got one of those and I hunted vicious bears for a while to no avail. I'll have to come check your place out next time I'm home. Right now mine looks like babby's first college apartment: three premium beds, a chair, and a bunch of food items scattered around the kitchen that I cooked on accident. Oh, and some mostly dim lighting because I didn't realize different chandeliers cast different amounts of light... I figured if you put a light source in a room it'd be lit, but no. They actually render distinct light sources of varying strengths, because housing is serious loving business apparently.

ZHamburglar posted:

What is the fastest/cheapest way to make food to increase my level of Health? I'm trying to find a few but they seem to be quite expensive.

I would love to know this also, Health level seems like a huge stat boost most people probably aren't taking advantage of.

How do beds work while offline? If you log out in one do you still get the boost at the offline rate, i.e. 3 energy every 10 minutes instead of 1 energy?

I have so many questions :psyboom:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Beds don't work offline. Also I make insane amounts of fried fish and bird eggs to constantly eat for the health stuff. Hy_C told me about the bird eggs

When I'm doing questing or whatnot I buy one of those serendia specials from the marketplace. Higher level foods give you more health xp, but the important thing is to constantly eat

edit: just like real life

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Rad, thanks. One more question: do fishing poles function as weapons for enhancement purposes? Can I +7 my Balenos Rod without worrying about it failing?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Rad, thanks. One more question: do fishing poles function as weapons for enhancement purposes? Can I +7 my Balenos Rod without worrying about it failing?

They do not. Rods and other random poo poo like horseshoes or wagon wheels have no safe enhancement levels, however you can still repair them with a copy of the item (unlike accessories/outfits which disappear if you fail).

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Haha, nice! I'm jealous of your bear rug, a friend of mine got one of those and I hunted vicious bears for a while to no avail. I'll have to come check your place out next time I'm home. Right now mine looks like babby's first college apartment: three premium beds, a chair, and a bunch of food items scattered around the kitchen that I cooked on accident. Oh, and some mostly dim lighting because I didn't realize different chandeliers cast different amounts of light... I figured if you put a light source in a room it'd be lit, but no. They actually render distinct light sources of varying strengths, because housing is serious loving business apparently.

I'm actually not playing with goons so you'll have to stop by Uno to visit unfortunately lol. I could post screenshots if you want to see my setup though. Not a big PvP person so I just signed up with a nice crafting guild on a different server this time around.

My guildmaster was farming the bear rug for a while too, I wound up getting it off of the first bear I ever killed. RNJesus is odd.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Those bear rugs also drop from the special imp guys east of Velia if you want to switch from bears. The rare dark skinned fat ones with the hammer. I can't remember what the tag was above them.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Clocks posted:

They do not. Rods and other random poo poo like horseshoes or wagon wheels have no safe enhancement levels, however you can still repair them with a copy of the item (unlike accessories/outfits which disappear if you fail).

Ah, that sucks. I'm not sure how seriously I should take enhancing my rod, then. I was excited for the bonus to afk fish speed.

A Spider Covets posted:

I'm actually not playing with goons so you'll have to stop by Uno to visit unfortunately lol. I could post screenshots if you want to see my setup though.

Bummer, that sounds chill but I'm way too invested in Orwen at this point to split resources. Definitely post screenshots!

Hy_C posted:

Those bear rugs also drop from the special imp guys east of Velia if you want to switch from bears. The rare dark skinned fat ones with the hammer. I can't remember what the tag was above them.

Thanks! I'll grind them on my sorceress, she's around that level I think. That entry hall of 9-4 is perfect for a bear rug.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Ah, that sucks. I'm not sure how seriously I should take enhancing my rod, then. I was excited for the bonus to afk fish speed.

A steel rod + fish clothes will get you to max fishing if you're in goontang

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Well poo poo. I went and bought the $50 package.
Does it really matter which guild I join?

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

flyboi posted:

A steel rod + fish clothes will get you to max fishing if you're in goontang

No, I'm in ParksandRec. Does fishing skill negate the bonus on Balenos rods, or do the two different timer reductions stack?

Inzombiac posted:

I hear Goontang doesn't reciprocate, so watch out if you go that route.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 26, 2016

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Combine Cat 3 with Cat 4, and then combine the resulting cat with Hellscratch to form Kitty Voltron. Then buy a red panda and penguin when they get added and begin the cycle anew.

9-4 seemed toooo big for me. I love the location of 1-5 where I am.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Inzombiac posted:

We're all equally filthy, horrible people, so no.

Edit: helpful advice aside, Parks and Rec does more gathering guild quests and pays more in guild pay, which can be good if you are terminally opposed to leveling like I am. Goontang does all the combat guild quests you can't do before level 50 and pays pennies, but you get a poo poo ton of money through boss scrolls once you can join in.

Natalie Fartman fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 26, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Natalie Fartman posted:

We're all equally filthy, horrible people, so no.

That's what I've come to expect from Goons.
Normally I'd join SFD but if GLORIOUS LEADER isn't playing, I'll try out Tang, perhaps.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

:toot:

Someone buy my Yuria please, I'm broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013