Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cyber sleuth has monster fusion, which you may appreciate since you seem to like persona. bummed trails of cold steel isn't on sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's still a fairly recent game. It'll probably have at least a minor sale around when II comes out though.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Kind of bummed Virtue's Last Reward isn't on sale either, even though I know it's been on sale a billion times before and I never picked it up because I never played 999 until a few days ago. I know there's the 3DS version but I want it to be prettier and to have a bug free experience.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Escha and Logy is better than Cyber SLeuth

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Alder posted:

Golden Week Sale: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...Station.Blog%29

It's a good price for the Atelier titles if you have the space :ghost:

Wow O_O I just sold Nep 3 for 55$ Canadian on amazon last week. Makes me feel bad.

Is Ar No Surge a good game? Looks very weird.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Sacred Cow posted:

Escha & Logy Plus or Cyber Sleuth? I've beaten Persona 4 twice so my anime tolerance is pretty decent.

Both.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sacred Cow posted:

Escha & Logy Plus or Cyber Sleuth? I've beaten Persona 4 twice so my anime tolerance is pretty decent.
they'll both be on sale again, so based on price I would guess Eschatology doesn't get cheaper but Cyber Sleuthing does at some point

Do you enjoy powerleveling and theorycrafting your team to an outrageous degree until you have a party full of tiny gods, any one of which could probably beat the game by themself? Then Cyber Sleuth may be for you. Do you enjoy farming and crafting until you have a weapons arsenal that can destroy everything with a wave of your hand, any one of which could probably beat the game by themself? Then Atelier may be for you.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Slur posted:

Anything on the PS3 or Vita list worth it for the golden week sale? I don't own any of those games except Catherine and Ar Nosurge

Yakuza 5

Everyone that can play it should buy Yakuza 5, especially at that price.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Oreshika: worth it for this sale? I'm big into RPGs (yet I have failed twice to get into P4G) and I can tolerate some levels of anime. Still working my way to NepNep levels, though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i thought oreshika was really cool conceptually and in aesthetic, and then proceeded to play an hour and then never touch it again.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

i thought oreshika was really cool conceptually and in aesthetic, and then proceeded to play an hour and then never touch it again.

Same thing happened to me

I played it for one session and then I was done forever. It's still sitting on my memory card but

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Slur posted:

Anything on the PS3 or Vita list worth it for the golden week sale? I don't own any of those games except Catherine and Ar Nosurge

Ar Nosurge has intrigued me, did you like it? It seems to have reviewed well but I've never heard anyone actually talk about it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ar no surge is cool if you're willing to view it as a VN that occasionally has you quickly fight things, since the combat design is pretty busted but can also be gotten through super fast on normal. As a VN it's pretty good tho

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
That's actually not a half bad sale. Definitely getting Cyber Sleuth and DAN at least.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Cake Attack posted:

Ar no surge is cool if you're willing to view it as a VN that occasionally has you quickly fight things, since the combat design is pretty busted but can also be gotten through super fast on normal. As a VN it's pretty good tho

if only I could play ciel no surge and raise a virtual waifu...

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Severed kind of owns. SMT: Strange Journey x Fruit Ninja x the Drinkbox Games' sense of style.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Goddamnit, I just bought Cyber Sleuth yesterday. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Cake Attack posted:

Yup... it doesn't really improve or have lasting appeal unfortunately.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Does Digimon have replayability?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Motto posted:

It's still a fairly recent game. It'll probably have at least a minor sale around when II comes out though.

cyber sleuth was released months later, so

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

ShadowedFlames posted:

Oreshika: worth it for this sale? I'm big into RPGs (yet I have failed twice to get into P4G) and I can tolerate some levels of anime. Still working my way to NepNep levels, though.

I have cleared it twice on the longest difficulty and loved every minute of it. If you want a dungeon crawler where you can spend your time just playing, with a unique aesthetic and unusual mechanics, you might be like me. If you care a lot about story and character development, or dislike revisiting locations multiple times to make new discoveries/complete objectives, it is probably not the game for you.

It IS more fun in the beginning when you're struggling to get the points and money to do what you want, and less so once you get to the endgame. I've started a lot more games than I've finished.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Alder posted:

Hard is actually hard, so if you played on Normal for some reason, I guess there's replayability

Keep in mind you will munch a lot of loving hours just trying to get all the evolutions though, replayability is kind of irrelevant

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

CrashCat posted:

Hard is actually hard, so if you played on Normal for some reason, I guess there's replayability

Keep in mind you will munch a lot of loving hours just trying to get all the evolutions though, replayability is kind of irrelevant

idk I never completed any Persona's compendium too

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/tsurugi/

is the wiki (in JP) for Stranger of Sword City for people like me who are either retarded or couldn't find class descriptions in the manual. Seems like a hybrid of Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss classes. I hope they didn't do anything to shadow sew from demon gaze because boy was that a loving stupid ability.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Alder posted:

idk I never completed any Persona's compendium too
Yeah but you get all the moves by evolving and devolving through various critters in a tree so you kinda want to do it. Maybe not with your entire party but you'll probably at least make one guy OP

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

I have cleared it twice on the longest difficulty and loved every minute of it. If you want a dungeon crawler where you can spend your time just playing, with a unique aesthetic and unusual mechanics, you might be like me. If you care a lot about story and character development, or dislike revisiting locations multiple times to make new discoveries/complete objectives, it is probably not the game for you.

It IS more fun in the beginning when you're struggling to get the points and money to do what you want, and less so once you get to the endgame. I've started a lot more games than I've finished.

That...actually sounds good. Thanks for the info, think I'm gonna bite on this one.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Oreshika is really interesting, it's not my favorite or anything but I haven't really played much of anything like it. I imagine if it hooks you that you could spend quite a lot of time with it, & it has a number of different settings to basically give you the playtime you want out of it. I got about 10-15 out of it before I got bored which isn't bad at all at its pricepoint.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

ShadowedFlames posted:

That...actually sounds good. Thanks for the info, think I'm gonna bite on this one.

Cool. Make sure your party has a Halberdier and/or a Dancer whenever you can, and buy heirloom weapons and armor early on when they're cheap.

EDIT: Also if your weasel friend is yelling at you that things are going to horribly murder you, she probably isn't kidding.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just dropping by to say that Cyber Sleuth is loving AWESOME and everyone should get it now that is on sale.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Just dropping by to say that Cyber Sleuth is loving AWESOME and everyone should get it now that is on sale.

Got it using my PS+ trial. I'm sad I missed launch DLC though maybe they'll make it free later?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So far it seems is gone forever although the bundle was available for Europe last time I checked.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This statement is 100% true.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tried out the new Nep Zombie game. This game has way more in common mechanically with Shinovi/Estival Versus than Neptunia U did.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Probably gonna pick up Cyber Sleuth in the sale. Which is better to play, of normal and hard difficulty?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Probably gonna pick up Cyber Sleuth in the sale. Which is better to play, of normal and hard difficulty?

Hard is somewhat poorly balanced and requires some pretty specific tactics and team building to tackle the latter half bosses so if you just want to wreck poo poo with your favorite digimons and not worry about tactics, go normal; otherwise go hard.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Alder posted:

It technically has a new game plus, but it's pretty lame. You could replay to try out new teams I guess just like you can w/ pokemon

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the dlc you got for buying in early isn't particularly worth getting if it's not free, so I wouldn't worry about it if it's not available anymore. the game's really fun but the dlc isn't anything to write home about

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Would someone that doesn't know poo poo about Digimon enjoy Cyber Sleuth? I grew up a Pokemon kid.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RanKizama posted:

Would someone that doesn't know poo poo about Digimon enjoy Cyber Sleuth? I grew up a Pokemon kid.

You'll enjoy it but a couple of days after you download the game your starter pokemon from red/blue shows up at your house and asks 'why did you betray me'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd never played either a Digimon or Pokemon game before and Cyber Sleuth was pretty fun.