Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Problem Sleuth posted:

What on earth is a hyperarmor frame?

Some attacks have animation frames where getting hit won't stagger you. I think the terms super/hyperarmor are fighting game terms that migrated into other genres but I'm not sure.

In Dark Souls 3 the poise stat (apparently) gives you more of those no-stagger frames in your attacks but you'll still get staggered out of some attacks and while standing/running no matter how much poise you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
Ah okay that makes sense. Yeah heavy armor definitely seems way less worth it in DS3, which I guess must be because of the poise changes?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dark Souls armour was always about looking good, none of this "defence" or "protection" nonsense

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

VideoGames posted:

It would be cool to have more Crash Bandicoot.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stay safe everybody

I hope everybody has a good day today

That new nintendo humble bundle looks good but meh I'm sure I can get some of those games on steam later and I already have a couple like RCR and Freedom Planet on steam so

https://www.humblebundle.com/friends-of-nintendo-3ds-wiiu

I hope nobody buys that for citizens of earth tho, cause they're gonna be pretty disappointed. that game's just...it's not awful but it's very bland and middling, and it came out within a year of much better earthbound-like titles like Lisa and Undertale, and Citizens of Earth is just not a very well put together game. Lotta issues with it, like it being way too easy to glitch and sequence break into areas you're not supposed to be in yet, or getting stuck in level geometry, and a lot of characters having useless abilities.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Stay safe everybody

I hope everybody has a good day today

That new nintendo humble bundle looks good but meh I'm sure I can get some of those games on steam later and I already have a couple like RCR and Freedom Planet on steam so

https://www.humblebundle.com/friends-of-nintendo-3ds-wiiu

That doesn't really seem wortwhile outside of Rhythm Thief and maybe SSFIV 3D if you get a kick out of playing weird versions of fighting games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FanaticalMilk posted:

That doesn't really seem wortwhile outside of Rhythm Thief and maybe SSFIV 3D if you get a kick out of playing weird versions of fighting games.

I've heard good things about affordable space adventures, and $1 for RCR & Shantae and the Pirate's Curse seems fine enough

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Problem Sleuth posted:

Ah okay that makes sense. Yeah heavy armor definitely seems way less worth it in DS3, which I guess must be because of the poise changes?

Yeah, it's definitely because of the poise changes. That, and enemies just do more damage per hit in DS3, so even with armor reducing it you can't really tank many hits.

I haven't really done much testing myself so I'm just going by what others are saying. The effect of poise on your hyperarmor frames during attacks is apparently noticeable and good, but at the same time, lots of heavy weapons have natural hyperarmor frames on some attacks so I'm not sure how valuable poise is altogether.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I've heard good things about affordable space adventures, and $1 for RCR & Shantae and the Pirate's Curse seems fine enough

I spaced and forgot to put "if you have a PC"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I would be tempted to get that bundle just to own more than a couple games for Wii U without paying $40 a piece

(Okay there's the Nintendo Selects but they did that after I got Mario 3D World already dangit)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

someone left their copy of pokemon x lying around on campus. guess i own pokemon x now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lizard Wizard posted:

someone left their copy of pokemon x lying around on campus. guess i own pokemon x now.

Gotta catch'em all!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Wizard posted:

bookmarked, looking forward to where this creepypasta goes

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zombies' Downfall posted:

bookmarked, looking forward to where this creepypasta goes

There will be a full on fight scene between 4 teenagers at a birthday party with adults present, in which a gun is drawn and a kid is covered in alcohol and lit on fire.

Man creepy pasta stories are really lovely.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Tenzarin posted:

There will be a full on fight scene between 4 teenagers at a birthday party with adults present, in which a gun is drawn and a kid is covered in alcohol and lit on fire.

Man creepy pasta stories are really lovely.

BEN DROWNED

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Haunted Roller Coaster Tycoon

BEN DROWNED
BEN1 DROWNED
BEN2 DROWNED

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FactsAreUseless posted:

Haunted Roller Coaster Tycoon

BEN DROWNED
BEN1 DROWNED
BEN2 DROWNED
Congratulations! You passed the scenario!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just beat Symphony of the Night in 40 minutes. I wanna see if I can go faster...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
the best "haunted electronic" stories are ones where they don't focus on being spooky and possessed and instead are just about a weird thing

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
And that PSX game turned out to be a Final Fantasy 8 *screeches in bloody terror*

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Codec call is coming from inside the house!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
here's a weird game story: one time when I was 4 years-old I played a video game based on hot wheels and it was a floppy disk that came with a dracula coffin car and I could never find anything about the game ever again, but I remember that the entire game was just pictures of the dracula car and you come to a fork in a road and have to go left or right, and if you go right then your car gets grabbed by a giant monster hand while a laugh sound "HEE HEE HEE HAH HAH HAH" plays, but if you went left, you'd be at a dead end where the hot wheels car would just be chilling there and nothing would happen.

Turns out you had to go left to that dead end, then click on specific part of the coffin dracula car in order to make it open up and release a swarm of bats. Then you'll be able to drive past the giant green hand without it grabbing the car. Dracula drives up to his castle and he gets inside and you have to turn on the lights in dracula's castle and inside are a bunch of other hammer horror monsters throwing dracula a birthday party and they all yell out "SURPRISE" in a dracula-style accent

I've never been able to find any proof of this game existing other than a few random people saying they played it

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I had a free CD game that was for Action Man. You like skied and did action stuff. It was a pretty lovely concept for a show.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
when I was a kid I was part of some program scholastic book thing that would send you a book every month and some of the books were real gutter trash like the novelization of the movie shrek or the novelization of a few episodes of Max Steel

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FirstAidKite posted:

when I was a kid I was part of some program scholastic book thing that would send you a book every month and some of the books were real gutter trash like the novelization of the movie shrek or the novelization of a few episodes of Max Steel

you mean this novelization

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Gingerella sounds like a racist book.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I mean straight up a book based on the movie, featuring pictures of the movie, and descriptions of scenes from the movie

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm impressed that kings quest has made it to episode 3 without running out of money yet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ze3jkA7XFM

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

I've never been able to find any proof of this game existing other than a few random people saying they played it
It's probably on Mobygames but you're never gonna figure out the name of it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nintendo talking about mobile 2night

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Quest For Glory II posted:

well don't drop a link or anything

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/26/nintendo-reportedly-announcing-next-mobile-game-plans-soon

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i hope their mobile plan is to let me decorate my miitomo room

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

have your animal crossing chums visit your miitomo room

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

i'm doing it, i'm putting the pokemon cartridge in right now

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Call of Duty is now a JRPG

If its space warfare, I am ok with that. I kinda want to see cod to weird space adventures.

So apperently homefront released a ton of trailers explaining the new backstory. the old one from the first game that no one cared about got canned.

apparently in new backstory, NK becomes democratic state after the soviets are pushed out in 53. it basically becomes massive tech hub like japan and one giant super company called apple I mean Apex takes the for front. basically it sells/designs and makes most of the technology of the world from smartphones/tablits to guns and millitary poo poo. Eventualy the son of the owner gets ellected to head the north Korean government as well as be magic CEO of apex. mean while the US is economicaly hosed from several forever wars in the US and is a poo poo ton of debt from military spending. North Korea calls it in and killswitchs the armed forces. idk occupy and stuff. seems interesting and different enough from what i was expecting. Its Basicaly far cry with more side missions and less animals in phillie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk10PzMRPmE&src_vid=fkAYv-ay4Bc&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_513982347

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkAYv-ay4Bc

Its also made by brits so i doubt it will go for retard trumpist. I kinda liked the last one because i dig alternate history, no matter how retarded.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wonder if they had any idea what amazing gif potential they had when Reggie did that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I wonder if they had any idea what amazing gif potential they had when Reggie did that

Probably

Reggie owns

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Macaluso posted:

They've been playing that stuff up pretty hard with Reggie and Bill for the last few years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvzyY1FKr0&t=47s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

i'm doing it, i'm putting the pokemon cartridge in right now

it was a completely ordinary save file.

• Locked thread