Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Oh hey, I missed that. There's two things you want to keep in mind on a (first) read: one, Severian is not a Good Person.
Two, Severian lies. Frequently.
Anyhow, we have a Wolfe thread if you want more info or hints.

e: Just make sure to start your post with "Wolfe is not dead" - there isn't much activity and people expect the worst whenever someone bumps it.

I recently started re-reading The Shadow of the Torturer and it's amazing how open he is about being unreliable - forgetting stuff, ignorance, confusion, and yeah lying. I was surprised at how tightly the narrative sticks to his point of view - there's amazing concision, really only telling you exactly what you need to know. There's not much fat there, however much there seems to be.

Severian is also not a genius and argues against himself on several occasions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf
Hugo Awards nominations for today, currently being released via images on Twitter and Facebook, one incredibly annoying image at a time.

Ah, Sanity eventually prevails, but the whole thing appears to have fallen over at this point, with no updates for the last 10 minutes.

Oh - They misspelled one of the nominee's names for Best Professional Artist and had to quickly redo it.

quote:

Our sincerest aplogies to the family of Virgil Finlay for our spelling mistake. ‪#‎HugoAwards‬ ‪#‎Retros41‬ ‪#‎MidAmeriConII‬

Lets have the Retro 1941 awards aka "The Robert A. Heinlein memorial award list" while they get their act back together.

quote:

1941 Retro Hugos

BEST NOVEL

Gray Lensman by E.E. “Doc” Smith (Astounding Science‐Fiction, Jan 1940)
The Ill‐Made Knight by T.H. White (Collins)
Kallocain by Karin Boye (Bonnier)
The Reign of Wizardry by Jack Williamson (Unknown, Mar 1940)
Slan by A.E. Van Vogt (Astounding Science‐Fiction, Dec 1940)

BEST NOVELLA

“Coventry” by Robert A. Heinlein (Astounding Science‐Fiction, July 1940)
“If This Goes On…” by Robert A. Heinlein (Astounding Science‐Fiction, Feb 1940)
“Magic, Inc.” by Robert A. Heinlein (Unknown, Sept 1940)
“The Mathematics of Magic” by L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt (Unknown, Aug 1940)
“The Roaring Trumpet” by L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt (Unknown, May 1940)

BEST NOVELETTE

“Blowups Happen” by Robert A. Heinlein (Astounding Science‐Fiction, Sept 1940)
“Darker Than You Think” by Jack Williamson (Unknown, Dec 1940)
“Farewell to the Master” by Harry Bates (Astounding Science‐Fiction, Oct 1940)
“It!” by Theodore Sturgeon (Unknown, Aug 1940)
“The Roads Must Roll” by Robert A. Heinlein (Astounding Science‐Fiction, June 1940)

BEST SHORT STORY

“Martian Quest” by Leigh Brackett (Astounding Science‐Fiction, Feb 1940)
“Requiem” by Robert A. Heinlein (Astounding Science‐Fiction, Jan 1940)
“Robbie” by Isaac Asimov (Super Science Stories, Sept 1940)
“The Stellar Legion” by Leigh Brackett (Planet Stories, Winter 1940)
“Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius” by Jorge Luis Borges (Sur, 1940)

BEST GRAPHIC STORY

Batman #1 (Detective Comics, Spring 1940)
Captain Marvel: “Introducing Captain Marvel” by Bill Parker and C. C. Beck (Whiz Comics #2, Feb 1940)
Flash Gordon: “The Ice Kingdom of Mongo” by Alex Raymond and Don Moore (King Features Syndicate, Apr 1940)
The Origin of the Spirit by Will Eisner (Register and Tribune Syndicate, June 1940)
The Spectre: “The Spectre”/”The Spectre Strikes!” by Jerry Siegel and Bernard Baily (More Fun Comics #52/53, Feb/Mar 1940)

BEST DRAMATIC PRESENTATION (LONG FORM)

Dr. Cyclops written by Tom Kilpatrick, directed by Ernest B. Schoedsack (Paramount Pictures)
Fantasia written by Joe Grant and Dick Huemer, directed by Samuel Armstrong et al. (Walt Disney Productions, RKO Radio Pictures)
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe written by George H. Plympton, Basil Dickey, and Barry Shipman, directed by Ford Beebe and Ray Taylor (Universal Pictures)
One Million B.C. written by Mickell Novack, George Baker, and Joseph Frickert, directed by Hal Roach and Hal Roach, Jr. (United Artists)
The Thief of Bagdad written by Lajos Bíró and Miles Malleson, directed by Michael Powell, Ludwig Berger, and Tim Whelan (London Films, United Artists)

BEST DRAMATIC PRESENTATION (SHORT FORM)

The Adventures of Superman: “The Baby from Krypton” written by George Ludlam, produced by Frank Chase (WOR)
The Invisible Man Returns written by Joe May, Kurt Siodmak, and Lester Cole, directed by Joe May (Universal Pictures)
Looney Tunes: “You Ought to Be in Pictures” written by Jack Miller, directed by Friz Freleng (Warner Bros.)
Merrie Melodies: “A Wild Hare” written by Rich Hogan, directed by Tex Avery (Warner Bros.)
Pinocchio written by Ted Sears et al., directed by Ben Sharpsteen and Hamilton Luske (Walt Disney Productions, RKO Radio Pictures)

OK, the 2016list, that only took 50 minutes

quote:

BEST NOVEL

Ancillary Mercy by Ann Leckie (Orbit)
The Cinder Spires: The Aeronaut’s Windlass by Jim Butcher (Roc)
The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin (Orbit)
Seveneves: A Novel by Neal Stephenson (William Morrow)
Uprooted by Naomi Novik (Del Rey)

BEST NOVELLA

Binti by Nnedi Okorafor (Tor.com)
The Builders by Daniel Polansky (Tor.com)
Penric’s Demon by Lois McMaster Bujold (Spectrum)
Perfect State by Brandon Sanderson (Dragonsteel Entertainment)
Slow Bullets by Alastair Reynolds (Tachyon)

BEST NOVELETTE

“And You Shall Know Her by the Trail of Dead” by Brooke Bolander (Lightspeed, Feb2015)
“Flashpoint: Titan” by CHEAH Kai Wai (There Will Be War Volume X, Castalia House)
“Folding Beijing” by Hao Jingfang, trans. Ken Liu (Uncanny Magazine, Jan-Feb 2015)
“Obits” by Stephen King (The Bazaar of Bad Dreams, Scribner)
“What Price Humanity?” by David VanDyke (There Will Be War Volume X, Castalia House)

BEST SHORT STORY

“Asymmetrical Warfare” by S. R. Algernon (Nature, Mar 2015)
The Commuter by Thomas A. Mays (Stealth)
“If You Were an Award, My Love” by Juan Tabo and S. Harris (voxday.blogspot.com, Jun 2015)
“Seven Kill Tiger” by Charles Shao (There Will Be War Volume X, Castalia House)
Space Raptor Butt Invasion by Chuck Tingle (Amazon Digital Services)

BEST GRAPHIC STORY

The Divine written by Boaz Lavie, art by Asaf Hanuka and Tomer Hanuka (First Second)
Erin Dies Alone written by Grey Carter, art by Cory Rydell (dyingalone.net)
Full Frontal Nerdity by Aaron Williams (ffn.nodwick.com)
Invisible Republic Vol 1 written by Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman, art by Gabriel Hardman (Image Comics)
The Sandman: Overture written by Neil Gaiman, art by J.H. Williams III (Vertigo)

BEST DRAMATIC PRESENTATION (LONG FORM)

Avengers: Age of Ultron written and directed by Joss Whedon (Marvel Studios; Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
Ex Machina written and directed by Alex Garland (Film4; DNA Films; Universal Pictures)
Mad Max: Fury Road written by George Miller, Brendan McCarthy, and Nico Lathouris, directed by George Miller (Village Roadshow Pictures; Kennedy Miller Mitchell; RatPac-Dune Entertainment; Warner Bros. Pictures)
The Martian screenplay by Drew Goddard, directed by Ridley Scott (Scott Free Productions; Kinberg Genre; TSG Entertainment; 20th Century Fox)
Star Wars: The Force Awakens written by Lawrence Kasdan, J. J. Abrams, and Michael Arndt, directed by J.J. Abrams (Lucasfilm Ltd.; Bad Robot Productions; Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)

BEST DRAMATIC PRESENTATION (SHORT FORM)

Doctor Who: “Heaven Sent” written by Steven Moffat, directed by Rachel Talalay (BBC Television)
Grimm: “Headache” written by Jim Kouf and David Greenwalt, directed by Jim Kouf(Universal Television; GK Productions; Hazy Mills Productions; Open 4 Business Productions; NBCUniversal Television Distribution)
Jessica Jones: “AKA Smile” written by Scott Reynolds, Melissa Rosenberg, and Jamie King, directed by Michael Rymer (Marvel Television; ABC Studios; Tall Girls Productions;Netflix)
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: “The Cutie Map” Parts 1 and 2 written by Scott Sonneborn, M.A. Larson, and Meghan McCarthy, directed by Jayson Thiessen and Jim Miller (DHX Media/Vancouver; Hasbro Studios)
Supernatural: “Just My Imagination” written by Jenny Klein, directed by Richard Speight Jr. (Kripke Enterprises; Wonderland Sound and Vision; Warner Bros. Television)

The Puppies continues to have an impact.

If You Were an Award, My Love must be a record - first parody story nominated, and it's just in bad taste. Sure Rachel Swirsky's If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love may not be great literature, but to go out of your way to attack another writer is just loving low.

She's taking it better than I would :

Rachel Swirsky ‏@rachelswirsky 11m minutes ago California, USA
@MaryRobinette It's an honor to know the story has been so emotionally powerful for people.

Oh hell, how could I miss Chuck Tingle's "Space Raptor Butt Invasion" ? "This erotic tale is 4,100 words of sizzling human on gay dinosaur action, including anal, blowjobs, rough sex, and space raptor love."

evilbastard fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 26, 2016

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

evilbastard posted:

Lets have the Retro 1941 awards aka "The Robert A. Heinlein memorial award list" while they get their act back together.

HP Lovecraft got a nod for best fan writer despite having been dead for two years before the start of the eligibility window.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

anilEhilated posted:

Oh hey, I missed that. There's two things you want to keep in mind on a (first) read: one, Severian is not a Good Person.
Two, Severian lies. Frequently.
Anyhow, we have a Wolfe thread if you want more info or hints.

e: Just make sure to start your post with "Wolfe is not dead" - there isn't much activity and people expect the worst whenever someone bumps it.

House Louse posted:

...secondly, what do you think of Severian, as a person?
Duh, yeah - New Sun.

I found the Wolfe thread after my original post and scanned through it. I guess one of my issues is that after the first book Severian is still a pretty blank slate. He's a torturer and he instantly falls in love with nearly every woman he meets. He hung out in a mausoleum as a kid. Somehow he became the autarch. Vague hints that he likes one Master Torturer more than the other. Other than that he's a pretty passive character - he walks around doing what people tell him to do for the most part, and generally just lets things happen to him. None of these things help flesh him out as a character to me... he's just the guy stuff happens to.

There are some small contradictions (he gives Thecla the knife to kill herself yet he's willing to perform cool torture tricks to impress his 16-yo girlfriend at the end of the book) and some intimations of the history and future of his world (space travel, science, guns), but none of it feels particularly compelling. If he isn't a Good Person (and it's pretty obvious that he's amoral at most) there's not a lot that makes me care about him being a bad person.

I have a similar reaction to his unreliability as a narrator - if he's omitting, concealing, or exaggerating anything a) the deliberate obscurity of the writing makes it a pain in the rear end to find and b) I have a hard time seeing how any lies would throw enough of a twist in the plot to really matter, at least in the first book. Perhaps by the third or fourth book there'll be enough narrative to jerk things around, but based off of the first I just really don't care about any of the characters.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
"The Hugo Nominated Space Raptor Butt Invasion."

Turdis McWordis
Mar 29, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Yeah, the Puppies got quite a few finalists on the lesser categories, especially Short Story and Related Work.

http://midamericon2.org/home/hugo-awards-and-wsfs/2016-hugo-finalists/

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
It pains me to say it, but Seveneves might be the best of the best novel nominees. I've read the Leckie and don't need to read the Butcher or Novik to know they're underwhelming. Was The Fifth Season any good?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Bleh, Seveneves was the quintessential Big Idea, Big Mess book (for better and worse) that Stephenson just lives to write.

On the bright side looks like it's time to bump Binti by Nnedi Okorafor up to top priority on my to-read pile! :dance:

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Alien: Out of the Shadows: An Audible Original Drama
https://www.audible.com/mt/alien?serial=&source_code=AUDOREM0421169GV8

Sample sounds cool.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I didn't really like Seveneves, I just don't see anything else on that list that screams :siren:Best Novel:siren:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
That's because the entire thing is a joke

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

'Ancillary Mercy' and 'Fifth Season' are entirely deserving candidates.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Also I don't know the Sanderson, but the "Best Novella" otherwise looks pretty solid

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Most of the Sanderson fans I know say that it's one of the best things he's ever written; I say that that is not a very high bar to clear.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Combed Thunderclap posted:

On the bright side looks like it's time to bump Binti by Nnedi Okorafor up to top priority on my to-read pile! :dance:

Enjoyed Binti. It's a quick read.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I wish I had a membership for whatever group got to vote on the Hugos so I could vote for Chuck Tingle.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Chairchucker posted:

I wish I had a membership for whatever group got to vote on the Hugos so I could vote for Chuck Tingle.

Just buy one: http://www.thehugoawards.org/i-want-to-vote/

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

anilEhilated posted:

Alternately: if noir or cyberpunk are more your style, start with Chasm City. I love Reynolds' Revelation Space stuff but House of Suns just bored me.

If you want something no-so-dark happening in the same place, different time, check The Prefect.

E: By the way, I'm half past through Blindsight. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to read it despite the stupid vampire stuff. Which is not really so stupid.

It is not as light reading. The book is full of ideas and references, and needs a calm and proper digestion.

A nice quote from the book:

"We are not thinking machines. We are feeling machines which happen to think sometimes".

Amberskin fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 26, 2016

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

I take it we can all agree now that the Hugos are a joke that even deserving authors can't take pride in anymore? Point made, Puppies. You won. You ruined it. Now get the gently caress out of the SF/F industry altogether.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

It pains me to say it, but Seveneves might be the best of the best novel nominees. I've read the Leckie and don't need to read the Butcher or Novik to know they're underwhelming. Was The Fifth Season any good?

The Fifth Season is definitely deserving of an award on its own merits. It's not perfect, but it does some great things.

...and I have to admit that its nomination gives me petty vindictive delight considering loving Vox Day wrote the most racist modern screed I've ever read about the author. I hope he chokes on this.

(ps read that book)

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Ben Nevis posted:

Enjoyed Binti. It's a quick read.

Just finished it, highly recommended. Okorafor is a real talent.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Number Ten Cocks posted:

. don't need to read the ... Novik to know they're underwhelming.

Actually "Uprooted" got a lot of good press this year. Forex http://www.tor.com/2015/06/10/book-reviews-naomi-novik-uprooted/

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Fifth Season is a very good book.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I don't know if Uprooted is award-worthy, but it was a fun read and I'd certainly choose it over anything Jim Butcher has ever written.

edit: The Fifth Season > Ancillary Mercy > Uprooted > Seveneves > No award

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
I'm a bit annoyed that General Battuta didn't get any nominations, either for TBC or his short story. I'm also annoyed that Bitch Planet didn't get a nomination in Best Graphic Story. Fuckin' Puppies.

Also, I'm probably going to have to check out Fifth Season and Uprooted.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

idiotsavant posted:

I have a similar reaction to his unreliability as a narrator - if he's omitting, concealing, or exaggerating anything a) the deliberate obscurity of the writing makes it a pain in the rear end to find and b) I have a hard time seeing how any lies would throw enough of a twist in the plot to really matter, at least in the first book. Perhaps by the third or fourth book there'll be enough narrative to jerk things around, but based off of the first I just really don't care about any of the characters.
It's not really a twist and you know he ends up being the Autarch, but there's a couple things you could try focusing on as opposed to the actual events and/or romances (which at least partially are there to tell you How Amazing Severian (Thinks He) Is) - start with thinking about why would he come up with a chronicle like this, what's the reason he lies, omits and tells things this way. Another important thing is the Claw - just what is its deal, how is it used both in the plot events and the narrative. There's also a lot of side stories (most obviously the mythology) that echoes and has parallels in Severian's own path - why is that?

Sadly a lot of the relevant stuff only becomes apparent on a second readthrough; most of the symbols and foreshadowing from the earliest chapters, for example, don't really click until you know how the whole thing plays out.

That being said, if you aren't enjoying it, there's really no need to force yourself through; Wolfe definitely isn't for everyone.

e: That's a... really weak list of Hugo novels. I haven't read Uprooted and The Fifth Season but none of the others struck me as particularly impressive. I'd easily rate TTBC over any of them. Oh well, at least there's considerably less Vox Day.
And... Chuck Tingle?

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 26, 2016

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
LOL Jemisin is going to win Best Novel for sure, just from all the people who want to stick their thumbs in Vox Day's eye.

And I have to say since we're talking about Wolfe that the saddest thing about this list is that I just discovered Marc Aramini's book dissecting Wolfe's early fiction, which was nominated for a Hugo, was apparently published by Castalia House. I was going to read that, but I'm not giving money to the loving Puppies.

edit: after looking into it, it doesn't seem like Aramini is a Puppy, which makes his book being a Castalia joint all the more baffling

Popular Human fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 26, 2016

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

ZakAce posted:

I'm a bit annoyed that General Battuta didn't get any nominations, either for TBC or his short story. I'm also annoyed that Bitch Planet didn't get a nomination in Best Graphic Story. Fuckin' Puppies.

I feel this, I nominated for TBC and the graphic story category is just a crying shame with so much good genre work being done.

Fifth Season is good--it's easily the best thing Jemisin has done so far, with interesting worldbuilding to create a culture surviving against a very unpleasant environment. Of course, that same culture is dreadfully oppressive towards the minority whose power keeps them alive, and the depictions of how that abuse is layered and constructed are chillingly accurate. It's vibrant and creative, and I want to see how the central mystery resolves--part of the twist is explained, but there's still quite a lot of meat on the story for the later two books to get through.

Uprooted, I enjoyed, but the more I thought about it the less I liked it. The Woods was a compelling enemy, down to its core, and the danger it represented was interesting. The Dragon never coalesced into a likeable or sympathetic character for me, however, which would be more excusable if the inevitable and obvious had not been the story's aim. I am...honestly surprised that Uprooted beat out some other contenders for nomination, but Novik is pretty popular I guess.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Fifth Season was really really dang good. Excellent worldbuilding (and I usually hate worldbuilding), strong cast of characters, some truly horrific scenes, and a well put together plot.

I'd be surprised if Jemisin manages to stick the landing, but it is one hell of a start to a trilogy.

And as long as Mercy doesn't win I'll be happy.

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Kalenn Istarion posted:

That's because the entire thing is a joke

Thanks for pointing out to me this thread. You're a mensch! :cool:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If I liked KJ Parker, should I give Tom Holt a spin, or is the non-pseudonym stuff completely different?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If I liked KJ Parker, should I give Tom Holt a spin, or is the non-pseudonym stuff completely different?

Read Who's Afraid of Beowulf. You have then read all Tom Holt books.

E: I should add that his schtick under his own name is "mythological humour".

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Uprooted was delicious and I want to see her write more stuff like that. I was actually pretty disappointed when I read Temeraire because it doesn't come anywhere close to the fairly high bar set by her short stories; Uprooted clears it handily. If you're declaring it "underwhelming" based solely on Temeraire you have badly missed the mark.

I haven't read the others yet, but I wouldn't be disappointed to see either Uprooted or Ancillary Mercy walk away with the Hugo.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Jedit posted:

Read Who's Afraid of Beowulf. You have then read all Tom Holt books.

E: I should add that his schtick under his own name is "mythological humour".

I gave up on Holt a long time ago but I do remember his "Walled Orchard" books being both good and different than his usual stuff.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

fritz posted:

Also I don't know the Sanderson, but the "Best Novella" otherwise looks pretty solid

I haven't read The Builders yet but if it's anywhere close to the quality of the other stuff Polansky's written then it's definitely deserving of an award.

ZakAce posted:

The Hugos hardly ever award the truly best writing the genre has to offer, especially in the novel category, and that goes back to well before any of the puppy drama happened.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
^^ Traitor really should have take the place of Ancillary Mercy. It's like they're so scared of Puppy nominations they don't want to take a chance on someone new now. Pathetic.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Bleh, Seveneves was the quintessential Big Idea, Big Mess book (for better and worse) that Stephenson just lives to write.

Read Binti a while ago, and my only complaint was it was too damned short. In other words, it was great.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 27, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
New Craig Schaefer book is incredibly insane. I'm about 15-20% into it and I'm not spoiling anything. Just gonna say "What...the...gently caress??"

Also, Chuck wasted no time!

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Is that a good "What the gently caress?" Or a bad one?

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I don't even care that his nomination was a troll by that shithead Vox Day. This is still loving funny.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

New Craig Schaefer book is incredibly insane. I'm about 15-20% into it and I'm not spoiling anything. Just gonna say "What...the...gently caress??"

My greatest hope is that "chuck tingle" turns out to be a pen name for like, a queer transwoman or something.

Grimson fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
There are audiobook versions of Chuck Tingle's stories, that's... not something I associate with self published erotica. They seem really competently read too.