Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

If you look close enough you can see the cock he photoshopped into that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sole.Sushi posted:

If you look close enough you can see the cock he photoshopped into that picture.

I only see Dreggon

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
WvW is fun. Had a good zerg led by our linkining buddy in Fort Aspenwood and saw someone from my former guild. Got an ascended ring and lots of crap.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What do people think of the world-linking thing? I haven't really played with it yet, but in theory at least it seems fantastic.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Seems like a smart way to do 'server merging', because they already said they'll adjust the mixes to keep the wvw population balanced. Done right it should mean... PERMANENT QUEUES :neckbeard:

(no really, healthy wvw pop is good, right?)

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Only if the servers don't team up to bully Mag. :qq:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

turns out giant zergs also means quite a bit of lag. it probably doesn't help that I've got Euro ping, not sure if it's that noticeable for US players.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

victrix posted:

Seems like a smart way to do 'server merging', because they already said they'll adjust the mixes to keep the wvw population balanced. Done right it should mean... PERMANENT QUEUES :neckbeard:

(no really, healthy wvw pop is good, right?)

Yeah I like it a lot. My server (Borlis Pass) is teamped up with Fort Aspenwood and they had a good commander going for a few hours last night. We're even doing really well against the other 2 server teams.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

I recently came back to this game, and I've been having an issue while playing my Revenant.
Most of the time, when I go to activate my Mallyx elite skill "Embrace the Darkness", which is a sort of demon form, it simply doesn't work. I can be in combat, out of combat, I can press the keybind, I can click it, I can be at half or full energy, I can have an enemy targetted or not, and it doesn't seem to matter if I have the combat camera on or not either. I'll activate the ability, a rattling sound plays, my energy starts to go down like it should for about 1 second, and then it deactivates itself. I can keep pressing it over and over and it will deactivate itself the moment it's used. I've even tried switching out weapons and switching between stances, my elite skill just seems to not function at all. Any idea why that seems to be?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

If that were Arus it would be Pancakes at the Disco. or Panic at the Buffet

e. gently caress, forgot to f5

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Cartoon Violence posted:

I recently came back to this game, and I've been having an issue while playing my Revenant.
Most of the time, when I go to activate my Mallyx elite skill "Embrace the Darkness", which is a sort of demon form, it simply doesn't work. I can be in combat, out of combat, I can press the keybind, I can click it, I can be at half or full energy, I can have an enemy targetted or not, and it doesn't seem to matter if I have the combat camera on or not either. I'll activate the ability, a rattling sound plays, my energy starts to go down like it should for about 1 second, and then it deactivates itself. I can keep pressing it over and over and it will deactivate itself the moment it's used. I've even tried switching out weapons and switching between stances, my elite skill just seems to not function at all. Any idea why that seems to be?

Make sure you're not mashing the key when you go to activate the ability, I have a lot of problems with mashing the button for that skill, particularly in pvp. Other than that, I got nothing.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Cartoon Violence posted:

There are issues with Revenant skills moving between underwater and land, I was able to reproduce this by activating Embrace the Darkness while underwater and then moving onto land and attempting to activate it. Try going back underwater and swapping out your Mallyx line for something else and then back (they show unusable underwater but can still be slotted.)

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I played this briefly a long time ago and am going through the frustrating process of getting my account password reset. It asks for your CD Key and a character name... loving why? Every other game on the planet just asks for your email address and sends you a link to get your account reset. I don't remember any character names on the account. So I'm going through their support system, which according to them is experience a high volume of requests and could take some time. Is ArenaNet always this incompetent? It's so frustrating when you get the urge to play a game and have to jump through hoops just to be able to log in. :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Droid Washington posted:

I played this briefly a long time ago and am going through the frustrating process of getting my account password reset. It asks for your CD Key and a character name... loving why? Every other game on the planet just asks for your email address and sends you a link to get your account reset. I don't remember any character names on the account. So I'm going through their support system, which according to them is experience a high volume of requests and could take some time. Is ArenaNet always this incompetent? It's so frustrating when you get the urge to play a game and have to jump through hoops just to be able to log in. :(

I've had nothing but good experiences with Anet support and when I didn't have that info they just asked me for the email associated with it and some info only I could know.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Droid Washington posted:

Perhaps instead of getting angry with a company when you don't have your password and need it reset you might want to consider using a password manager of some kind? MMO accounts are usually pretty valuable commodities for hackers and social engineering is a very easy way to compromise them so the account recovery processes tend to be quite strict.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, if it wasn't a CD key and char name, then it would be an authenticator/text message/some other security question...using nothing but an email is just asking for trouble.

Anet's doing what they should be.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Deathwing posted:

Yeah, if it wasn't a CD key and char name, then it would be an authenticator/text message/some other security question...using nothing but an email is just asking for trouble.

Anet's doing what they should be.

I have to agree. Single-factor auth to gain control of your MMO account is a recipe for stolen accounts and disaster.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Looks like your outfit ideas came through birb.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Ibblebibble posted:

Wow. I totally didn't see this properly until you pointed it out. :stare:

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Needs an outfit.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Nerfs are coming for a number of the problematic guild upgrades like cloaking waters, chilling fog and airship defense.
For cloaking waters, the stealth duration is getting reduced dramatically. We recognize that it’s possible that any amount of stealth is too strong, but changing a number is something we can do quickly and safely. Whereas changing the upgrade to do something entirely different requires significantly more time, both in terms of general development (design/implementation/testing) and also in large part because it would require updated text, which in turn needs to go through our long editing and localization process. As for removing the upgrade entirely, that also isn’t really an option, due to how it’s intertwined with the Scribing and Guild Halls systems.

woo hoo

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Just unlocked masteries. I can't decide between fractal upgrades (which, given that I've done almost no fractals would probably be useful in the long term), or auto loot. Which is not useful, but maaaaan, I'm lazy.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.
I haven't even noticed since I got auto-loot. I'm still hitting the button out of habit. I wish I had spent those points on something else, tbh. Having the loot key bound to middle-mouse-click was the best decision I ever made. If any of you don't have auto-loot yet, esp. if you're just returning after a hiatus, seriously do yourself a favor and remap interact to middle mouse click (only).

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I actually really like how they implemented Tyria masteries because I just fart around SW or do dungeons or map completion or whatever and all of a sudden I have a full bar of exp and get more cool abilities.

Contrasted 100% with HoT masteries that are stupid, useless gates that are arbitrary and frustrating. I still haven't really done much HoT, partially because of that.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

chaos gloves === good

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I love auto-loot. I no longer accidentally pick up people's loving banners all the bloody time.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Uh, yea, auto loot is the best thing. I got used to it very quickly. Same with WvW autoloot now. I've never heard a single "it does nothing" perspective until now :psyduck:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I no longer revive someone when trying to pick up my loot.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mercurius posted:

Perhaps instead of getting angry with a company when you don't have your password and need it reset you might want to consider using a password manager of some kind? MMO accounts are usually pretty valuable commodities for hackers and social engineering is a very easy way to compromise them so the account recovery processes tend to be quite strict.

I'm no longer mad because I'm playing the game and having fun. :) I did have to do two-factor auth as it turns out. Just after I went through the support hoops to get to that point. I just think the password retrieval system should not take more than 24 hours when in nearly every other game it's just a quick email reset. It's odd that having access to the account email + original CD key + original credit card used to purchase the game wasn't enough info for them - no I needed to go through support. /end rant.

I am playing as a Guardian because I love playing the last standing character on the field. I found a random build online here. I'm going to switch staff for mace + shield I think though, just because I like the idea of it. I'm not out to min-max but to play what I find cool/satisfying.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Jesus.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 27, 2016

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Droid Washington posted:

I'm no longer mad because I'm playing the game and having fun. :) I did have to do two-factor auth as it turns out. Just after I went through the support hoops to get to that point. I just think the password retrieval system should not take more than 24 hours when in nearly every other game it's just a quick email reset. It's odd that having access to the account email + original CD key + original credit card used to purchase the game wasn't enough info for them - no I needed to go through support. /end rant.

I am playing as a Guardian because I love playing the last standing character on the field. I found a random build online here. I'm going to switch staff for mace + shield I think though, just because I like the idea of it. I'm not out to min-max but to play what I find cool/satisfying.

mace shield is meta, arus uses it for raids

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ugh, my Norn Berserker was named "Vulgar Gemspender" many years ago.

Do not sully my family name with such pittiful examples.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

mace shield is meta, arus uses it for raids

i'm a fuckin boss, mate

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Slothasor, maybe

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
lmao

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Waci posted:

Slothasor, maybe

:laffo:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Where can I find costs for the HoT legendaries like the backpiece?

And material/achievement requirements I guess.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Double post but look at this. Raids in 3g worth of masterwork gear.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4glido/ivt_3g_budget_raid_wing_1_clear_in_masterwork_gear/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
God drat, I forgot cultural armors existed. Thanks for the reminder

lucifirius posted:

Where can I find costs for the HoT legendaries like the backpiece?

And material/achievement requirements I guess.

I use https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator , its pretty good.

• Locked thread