Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

ParanoidInc posted:

How long should it be until the real world mods come out? I wanna try out 16 but I find it hard getting into a fictional wrestling world compared to fantasy-booking Ricochet vs. Okada at Wrestlemania

There's a mod converter tool in the game under 'database'. The instructions are pretty simple. So you can get going with whatever mod you want to use right off the bat. There might be some minor issues, but I'm not sure what they could be.

First thing I did was convert the January 91 mod. I was afraid nobody would have any color commentary skill, but the converter seems to have given workers CC skill roughly equal to their charisma score.

I haven't actually booked a show yet (my first hour of two of any TEW game revolves around personnel). But here are some random thoughts on the stuff I have worked with.
1) I can REALLY, REALLY live without the music at the start.
2) I'm not sure if I missed the option, but it doesn't look like the game gives you numerical values for momentum or gimmicks anymore, even if you have fog of war off.
3) The product definitions tell you if your definition devalues certain in-ring skills. My current WCW product comes with the lines 'hardcore and puro skills are lessened'. Which I definitely approve of.
4) You can pick who is the owner and head booker of your development territory now. Which is great, but you have to click on each individual potential applicant to see their booking respect/skill stats since they arn't on the normal stat chart.
5) Really wish I still didn't have to mess with people's pushes to see their (rough) destiny rolls under 'creative meeting - hot prospects'. Was kinda discouraged that Ryland didn't even understand what I was getting at when I brought it up on their forum.
6) Not sure if I like the UI in the head office, I think I could get used to it though.
7) The face/heel gimmick dynamic is now binary, rather than a number. You either can or can't do it as a face/heel. Which makes way more sense. There's also a 'tweak gimmick' option, which solves a lot of problems.
8) Under 'product definition' you can decide if all matches have to be scripted/not scripted and to do a WWE-style moratorium on head/neck damaging moves. I opted not to, but if injuries start to stack up I might be forced to revisit it.

Speaking of hot prospects: Brad Armstrong crushed his destiny roll this playthrough. Which fits perfectly into my plans of having at least one oddball main eventer eventually. I mean what's the point of fantasy booking if you arn't going to do at least one completely contrary to reality thing.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

If you like EWR and this

then TEW is pretty good

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Just FYI, if you don't like the new theme music, go to the music folder from the game directory, find "Take_The_Bow.mp3" then delete it. Place an .mp3 copy of "When Doves Cry" in the empty folder and rename it Take_The_Bow. Intro music problem solved.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Fat Lowtax posted:

If you like EWR and this

then TEW is pretty good

I got one of my main eventers bitching that this kid with a kinda lovely attitude "doesn't really have anything going for him"

edit: One of my guys announced his intention of becoming a professional MMA fighter and then shattered his elbow two weeks later while on loan in ZEN. It's kinda funny when things just come together

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 26, 2016

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

Just FYI, if you don't like the new theme music, go to the music folder from the game directory, find "Take_The_Bow.mp3" then delete it. Place an .mp3 copy of "When Doves Cry" in the empty folder and rename it Take_The_Bow. Intro music problem solved.

I was getting ready to make a post about how you can just delete the file, but this is the better fix tbh.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The new auto booker feature is pretty ridiculous. Like it a lot.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

rovert posted:

The new auto booker feature is pretty ridiculous. Like it a lot.

I'm really hoping this takes the slog out of booking b-shows

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I like how you can flesh out the match booking a bit more. Assigning a match as a "car crash" or whatever makes it feel more real.

The 'once in a lifetime" booking option is interesting. You have to have two guys well on the way to the HOF who have never faced each other before.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
stolen from the TEW forums

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

new TEW main impression is game feels more alive with the locker room additions. so its still spreadsheets but you can get more immersed in all the backstage crap and also can no doubt give you headaches once you can go beyond 2 months.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok, now that I've booked a few shows some more impressions.

1) I love the new aim based match definitions. Way easier to deal with than the previous incarnations of perfect match theory.
2) The game gives your workers individual match ratings. (Example: Lex Luger vs. Dan Spivey. It outright says 'Lex's performance was a 77, Spivey's was a 63"). I assume those numbers form the base of the segment rating, then the other road agent notes modify it.
3) The game is nice enough to let you know if you're not meeting the female/male ratio on a show and exactly what the expected ratio is (which varies depending on your product).
4) The game is also nice enough to let you know what is specifically required of each match aim. Such as skills required, time frame expected, what said aim will actually accomplish etc.
5) One thing the mod converter can't covert is TV deals. Basically I had to renegotiate all my TV deals immediately (not the PPV deal though oddly enough). And judging from the news all the other companies had a similar issue.
6) Hit a bug. Trying to sign one of my PPA workers to a written development deal crashed the game. I'm not sure if that's specifically what caused it but given that I had signed 15+ contracts before this with no issues I am forced to assume that this is the issue.
Edit: Downloaded and installed a patch from the tech support website. Bug fixed.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 26, 2016

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

6) Hit a bug. Trying to sign one of my PPA workers to a written development deal crashed the game. I'm not sure if that's specifically what caused it but given that I had signed 15+ contracts before this with no issues I am forced to assume that this is the issue.

Make sure you're patched up to date (we're on patch #2 right now); if you are and it still happens, post about it on the GDS forums

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I do not like the TEW renders with this kind of face and I try to switch them out for an alternate whenever I can. Is this...autism

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I can already tell that it's going to be a struggle keeping my locker room safe from The Clique 2.0 - Sheamus, Triple H and Vince. They're already bullying Brock Lesnar.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dusty, Dustin and Flair have formed a clique in my game.
I'm a little scared.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

ChrisBTY posted:

Dusty, Dustin and Flair have formed a clique in my game.
I'm a little scared.

Crockett Club 4Lyfe.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

I do not like the TEW renders with this kind of face and I try to switch them out for an alternate whenever I can. Is this...autism

Nah, the whole sameface thing is a bit offputting.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So I actually haven't gotten much into mods save for a couple. What are you guys' go-to ones?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So I actually haven't gotten much into mods save for a couple. What are you guys' go-to ones?

Montreal Aftermath or the 1983 (I can't remember the year, it might be 85) mods. Historical mods have characters rated on hindsight instead of how modern mods (2002 onward) let a lot of personal bias taint them.

edit: The big thing is that I'm more interested in alternative outcomes for history, I remember one ECW game where I made Edge (before he even wrestled in the WWE) a genuine main eventer who had a great feud with Taz and William Regal had an awesome World Championship reign.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 27, 2016

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Testekill posted:

Montreal Aftermath or the 1983 (I can't remember the year, it might be 85) mods. Historical mods have characters rated on hindsight instead of how modern mods (2002 onward) let a lot of personal bias taint them.

edit: The big thing is that I'm more interested in alternative outcomes for history, I remember one ECW game where I made Edge (before he even wrestled in the WWE) a genuine main eventer who had a great feud with Taz and William Regal had an awesome World Championship reign.

Weird, Edge is ECW's superface in the Monday Night War game too. He won the title after an epic feud with Kurt Angle. The E in ECW stands for homo Edge.

I'm super excited to see some NWA historical mods with the new Alliance Title mechanic. I imagine it'd be really loving cool to build your local territory and your individual top guy and play the political game to try and get him made Champion, and see how long you can ride the money train once he is. You can also play the deeper game of plotting when will be the time to betray NWA and pull out to go into business for yourself like Vince Sr. and Paul E. did.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Apparently someone figured out how to play any PS2 game online through PCSX2. Has anyone tried this and got it working yet? The idea of goon FPR Tourneys or Competitive E-Feds has my dick super erect right now if its even remotely usable. And as the sap that first brought that sick rumor of that hoax, Fire Pro Online, to this forum a few years back consider this my penance.

Edit:

Here's a tutorial with the relevant links in the description with someone setting it up to run DBZ Budokai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khfrILP2mDM

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 27, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I converted a 2004 mod into TEW 2016.

Stevie Ray is in the WWE HOF twice, once on his own and once with Booker T. Tazz is also in.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Oh god I downloaded the TEW 2016 demo and the faces are different and there's established storylines and I feel so overwhelmed again :ohdear:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

some of the personal data in TEW is a little annoying when you are trying to create a guy. What's the dividing line between Heavyweight, Big Heavyweight and Super Heavyweight? Is Kevin Owens a Bulky LHW? WHO KNOWS. I wish there was an option to just put height and weight, even just in addition to the categories. I want to play as the current roster, but I guess I'll wait for someone else to edit everyone and make all these decisions.

E: That being said, some of the other options like languages known, mask prestige, etc. are kinda amazing to have.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The backstage stuff is pretty hilarious in TEW 2016. I advanced one day into my 2004 scenario and HHH has turned half my locker room against Goldberg, Flair is turning his buddies against Foley, and Biscoff is politicking against Jericho.

Also Randy Orton has encouraged me to cut Lance "Garrison" Cade for some reason

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Someone posted this on the GDS boards which I didn't know could happen in game.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Testekill posted:

Someone posted this on the GDS boards which I didn't know could happen in game.

Taker's keepin' the young pups in line

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The legendary Undertaker story. E:F;B

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
It's sad how even the FPW Arena guys are greeting the Spike Chunsoft Fire Pro tweets with little enthusiasm. I think the X360 avatar game made them all cynical.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

My first experience of TEW 2016 is it complaining that my 4K resolution is smaller than 1024 X 768 and refusing to load. :mad:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Genericide posted:

My first experience of TEW 2016 is it complaining that my 4K resolution is smaller than 1024 X 768 and refusing to load. :mad:

Yeah I had to monkey around with my resolution settings too. It works fine now though and I am completely overwhelmed by the game. I'm working with the big Canadian promotion whose name I forget (it's the one with Jeremy and Duane Stone) and the hardest thing is trying to keep the names straight.

e: my owner avatar and the authority figure for the company is the obvious Kimbo Slice knockoff, haha

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

unimportantguy posted:

It's sad how even the FPW Arena guys are greeting the Spike Chunsoft Fire Pro tweets with little enthusiasm. I think the X360 avatar game made them all cynical.

There's been tons of fake "ITS COMING BACK GUYS" before too. We've been burned too much.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Not just a "fake it's coming back", a full hoax based around a supposed Fire Pro HD was perpetrated by someone of fairly high regard on the old Fire Pro club.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I liked the crummy avatar game.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

triplexpac posted:

Also Randy Orton has encouraged me to cut Lance "Garrison" Cade for some reason

Maybe because he's dead?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The unsolicited opinions people give you in TEW16 are funny. I had Rikishi tell me Tajiri is too small and has no upside.

Edit: I could see the drug issues being a problem in the game. I put RVD in a six man tag, he showed up high. Now I have 5 pissed off wrestlers.

Is there a good way to fix morale issues?

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 30, 2016

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

triplexpac posted:

The unsolicited opinions people give you in TEW16 are funny. I had Rikishi tell me Tajiri is too small and has no upside.

I had ricky steamboat as a road agent tell me he didn't think that Rey Mysterio was good for business because he is too small.

Rey Mysterio is hands down the most over wrestler on my roster and is currently my figurehead.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Is this just the demo, still, or is the actual game completely released yet?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Full game drops next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

Full game drops next week

Yeah I'm going to pick it up day one. There's enough in here that I would miss going back to TEW13.