Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I don't watch TYT normally. Does Cenk always have this many asides to talk about all the times he's been right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

TyrantWD posted:

The ultimate meltdown will come when Bernie bends the knee and kisses the ring at the convention.

O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Hillary Clinton.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Obdicut posted:

You're quoting from somewhere right?

If not:
1 (800) 273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

uh yes reddit

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Litany Unheard posted:

TYT has now moved to she WILL be indicted and then the superdelegates will back her anyways and that is a really bad strategy the Dems are going with in this fever dream

And Trump is gonna run ads about Gennifer Flowers so Hillary is doooooomed

Some men, you just can't reach. So you get what we have here, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it!

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Gail Wynand posted:

uh yes reddit

now i feel really dumb for serious replying to you

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVLP4r7Vgqc

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
TYT: "Keep your head up. We never needed a president"

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Guys chill - strategic loss. Bernie basically didn't have enough money because we kind of dropped the ball on major funding goals, and as a result he needed to save that cash for more important races in CA and elsewhere.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Gail Wynand posted:

Guys chill - strategic loss. Bernie basically didn't have enough money because we kind of dropped the ball on major funding goals, and as a result he needed to save that cash for more important races in CA and elsewhere.

Bernie Sanders is literally Star Citizen: The Candidate. It's not even funny any more, I'm tired of laughing at this tragedy.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/725155755029069828

Bernie to-do list at convention:
-$15 minimum wage
-trade policies
-medicare for all
-break up all streets
-end fracking
-tuition free college
-carbon price

Not on Bernie to-do list:
-Nominate Bernie Sanders.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Bernie Sanders will net 2 delegates out of RI.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
I'm exhausted from all the schaedenfreud. Is this what the Don meant when he said we'd be sick of winning?

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Mitt Romney posted:

looks like we'll have to add another tie to the map

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pinterest Mom posted:

-$15 minimum wage
-trade policies
-medicare for all
-break up all streets
-end fracking
-tuition free college
-carbon price

Sanders delenda est

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Mitt Romney posted:

You know what, good for him, it's great that he's getting representation in this process of democracy. All of this is good for the political community and America as the whole.

I feel so hollow.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

there has been clear fraud in almost every state Hillary won stretching back to Iowa... nobody gives a poo poo. nobody cares. it's sad... it's horrifying... it's the truth

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

-$15 minimum wage
-trade policies
-medicare for all
-break up all streets
-end fracking
-tuition free college
-carbon price

I support Sanders plan

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

He's soooo got this! :rznv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDJIZkZ7L3I&t=60s

It sucks to be consistently reminded that the country you live in isn't as leftist as you hope they'd be. :smithicide:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Gail Wynand posted:

there has been clear fraud in almost every state Hillary won stretching back to Iowa... nobody gives a poo poo. nobody cares. it's sad... it's horrifying... it's the truth

:sad:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

looks like we'll have to add another tie to the map

Don't be so sure! Compared to Nevada (which was counted as a Bernie win despite losing both the popular and the delegate) this is a huge win!

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Goetta posted:

I support Sanders plan

I encourage you to advocate for his policies and work towards moving the Democratic Party to the left.

Political victory is ultimately fleeting and meaningless, and I grasp desperately for meaning in this hopeless existence. Is this what winning feels like?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Don't be so sure! Compared to Nevada (which was counted as a Bernie win despite losing both the popular and the delegate) this is a huge win!

how in the gently caress did they twist that one? do latino votes also not count along with black people, old people, rich people (rich defined as: having a job at all) and anyone who isn't a white 18-29 year old lefist?

axeil has issued a correction as of 04:11 on Apr 27, 2016

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Well Bernie won the Pennsyltucky outright so I guess there one southern state to chock up on his resume.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

About that...

https://twitter.com/JordanChariton/status/725140379931127808

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Bernie thread delivers.

Smoremaster posted:

tbh a trump presidency would be hilarious and probably nothing new would happen. plus trump is a secret liberal anyway.

clinton presidency would just be boring as gently caress and super annoying cause i'd have to see her dumb face and hear her cackling all the time on tv for 8 years or until she dies of whatever illness she is trying to conceal

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Mrit posted:

Bernie thread delivers.

The vast majority of Bernie supporters are moderates and would not endorse this kind of extremist thinking.

Don't argue, I have to believe this.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Constant Hamprince posted:

The vast majority of Bernie supporters are moderates and would not endorse this kind of extremist thinking.

Don't argue, I have to believe this.

the vast majority of Bernie supporters (on the internet in places like SA/reddit) are RON PAUL people who just flipped parties this time.

In real life they're more likely to be not-insane people because only weirdos like us are posting a bunch about this stuff.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
So.. Bernie conceded tonight, right?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

Bernie is loading himself and his most loyal reddit posters on that dildo thing from The Core and he's gonna be president of hell.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

Even if he didn't, we're at the 'guyscreamingandhittingthetitanicpropeller.gif' stage of this campaign and most of the people who don't have r/s4p on IV drip can see that.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

*supporters vote against progressive candidates in downticket races*

also lol @ the notion of having to appeal to moderates. how do you appeal to people with no consistent ideology and are so all over the spectrum that any shift you make alienates as many as you attract

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

this is what I was referencing. This sounds like a concession.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

*supporters vote against progressive candidates in downticket races*

also lol @ the notion of having to appeal to moderates. how do you appeal to people with no consistent ideology and are so all over the spectrum that any shift you make alienates as many as you attract

Shutting out anyone who disagrees with you is a winning strategy assuming you are the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party circa 1918

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Even if he didn't, we're at the 'guyscreamingandhittingthetitanicpropeller.gif' stage of this campaign and most of the people who don't have r/s4p on IV drip can see that.

I think we're definitely at the "It's just a little airborne, it's still good it's still good!" stage of things.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shutting out anyone who disagrees with you is a winning strategy assuming you are the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party circa 1918

I meant to say Independents instead of moderates, whoops

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004
If Sanders was going to concede tonight wasn't the night. Back in 2008 Clinton went through the motions after South Dakota. First "the we're going to take it to the convention! speech." Then the "thank you for all your hard work" speech. Finally the concession/endorsement speech.

This has all happened before. This will all happen again. So say we all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Bernie supporters gonnna start saying he was blackmailed by the Clinton machine when he concedes, can't wait

• Locked thread