Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
bard: body by brokenshard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
ootay

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
While I understand tank items are good, does it seriously warrant either of these loving champions building this way:

seriously the karma rushed that zzrot jfc

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That's how you play Karma tho.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

well, the one that was on the winning team built correct and the one that lost is a noob

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Maybe it's the years of seeing those champs but it is really loving weird to see either of those two build that loving tanky. I mean the Karma was quite possibly the least threatening thing on their team but good lord

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Primetime posted:

I still think he's a good jungler. Just painfully boring. And as has been said he's a bit item dependent so you either get bork second and rely on your ult for early tank stats or go tank items early and do no damage

Oh yeah, and listen to gowby. Why in the world would you get a devourer on him?

Q spam.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Servaetes posted:

While I understand tank items are good, does it seriously warrant either of these loving champions building this way:

Bruiser Jayce is cool and better than poke machine fartbird

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
nice red title

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Q has the same cool down no matter your attack speed tho??

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
wow this avatar is really rude!!!

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe

NTT posted:

nice red title

this happened as i clicked 'next page' and it made me happy

hi gowby

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tank Karma shits out roots and aoe slows and has high enough bases to be a respectable threat over the duration of a fight, while being one of the most difficult things in the game to actually kill because of her RW heal.

It's not necessarily good, because she isn't much of a threat, but hey.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Darth Windu posted:

I accidentally bought uhhhh the knife that makes you atk faster (wtf? Nice realism riot) instead of the knife that makes you hurt jungle citizens more and I was wondering the same thing

gowby what happened to your av :(

edit: tanky karma is good but that build is insanely overboard. most you should go is a spirit visage and maybeeeee Iceborne vs. 5 AD comps

How Rude fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 27, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
tanky karma is absolutely not good

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

Q has the same cool down no matter your attack speed tho??

Double procs, though. I guess Warrior is better anyway, you're right, I'm just explaining why I was doing it before.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Spiros posted:

Double procs, though. I guess Warrior is better anyway, you're right, I'm just explaining why I was doing it before.

Most people did it because you pair it with BoRK and just duel people. I think only the bonus damage will double up, not the actual attack damage steal.

Otherwise there really isn't a great go-to jungle item for Trundle.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Spiros posted:

Who is doing this to you guys :(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Methanar posted:

Who is doing this to you guys :(

When I first read this post, I thought you meant "who broke your brain into thinking devo trundle" and now I see that someone in this thread is a clown.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
seriously who is this rustled no ones even posted anything all that bad lately

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I looked through both of your post histories and nothing is extraneous. :(

Could the bully in the thread please stop.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Methanar posted:

I looked through both of your post histories and nothing is extraneous. :(

Could the bully in the thread please stop.

Yeah this is literally the only thread we both post in lmao

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I knew it was a moba poster immediately because of how uncreative the avs were

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

:sigh:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Is Tank Karma better or worse than Fat Annie? Inquiring minds want to know.

Spiros posted:

Uh, I'm not sure what you mean by this? You can use the Q auto-reset to go for more phantom-strike hits, yeah, but you can't get a phantom-strike to apply Q- it's a self-buff that gets consumed on your first hit, so it won't be present for the phantom-hit.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Servaetes posted:

The fact that tank Jayce is actually the ideal way to build that champion in this meta really shows how bad it is.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

exethan posted:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Sexpansion posted:

The fact that tank Jayce is actually the ideal way to build that champion in this meta really shows how bad it is.

That's pretty much what I'm getting at. Like I'd accept like Triforce/Muramana/??? or a shitload of damage items but jesus christ

Killed By Death posted:

The Shortest Path posted:

Tank Karma shits out roots and aoe slows and has high enough bases to be a respectable threat over the duration of a fight, while being one of the most difficult things in the game to actually kill because of her RW heal.

It's not necessarily good, because she isn't much of a threat, but hey.

It is extremely bad, though probably actually more useful than Fat Annie

And yeah, shits out roots and some slows but when we're talking six items deep in I had absolutely nothing to fear from her, and even leading up to that point she was the last thing my team focused on because who the hell cares whatever she does is absolutely meaningless between the 250 base HP shields and maybe 300 damage nukes before resists turned that poo poo into tickles. Jayce was equally worthless (though tank jayce makes a little more sense) but I think the two were in an arms race for Most Boring Possible Lane in Existence. In summation:

exethan posted:

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 27, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

Uh, I'm not sure what you mean by this? You can use the Q auto-reset to go for more phantom-strike hits, yeah, but you can't get a phantom-strike to apply Q- it's a self-buff that gets consumed on your first hit, so it won't be present for the phantom-hit.

Well, I mostly mean that lets say I'm running Bork and THydra, I get the damage from the Q twice and the effects of those items twice PLUS the autoattack cancel that should proc the items twice (right?)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

:smuggo:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Roots + Speed boosts > shields + nukes

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Libertine posted:

I think he's probably the most exciting play-making support in the game but his kit doesn't lend itself well to non-full-team play. Whenever I try to play him in solo queue it's basically just a constant barrage of trying to convince people to follow up on what I am doing, rather than that being apparent to them. I think that's why his performance numbers are always in the lower half, because you have to have teammates make split second decisions with you and you can't tell them to do that stuff unless you are all on voice. When I've played him in full premades with goons he's been a pure joy, outside of that he's pretty miserable. I don't like him as a solo queue pick, maybe as a duo queue or more pick. Also he's about as durable as a trash bag full of fall leaves, so if you make a single mistake on him your lane is probably hosed.

Good to see I'm not the only one having that issue. When I can make the careful lane plays on him w/ ult and/or Q's it's great.

But when I try setting up the bigger ones like making a long rear end tunnel for a great flank with my jungler, 9 times out of 10 I will make path and go and the jungler with walk right past the entrance and try to get to the fight the normal way; thus having them arrive later then expected and me likely die quickly. Ya know, upon which I get called a trash player and blamed for a feed.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Regional :australia:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Spiros posted:

Well, I mostly mean that lets say I'm running Bork and THydra, I get the damage from the Q twice and the effects of those items twice PLUS the autoattack cancel that should proc the items twice (right?)
Uh, not exactly. The phantom hit only applies constant on-hit effects, not one offs. It'll apply the Hydra proc (but not the active version) and BotRK proc, but nothing else. It doesn't apply Sheen effects, or any effects that work like Sheen (like Trundle's Q, or anything that reads "On next attack"). All his Q does is let you get more phantom hits, it doesn't increase their damage.

In short, a combo of auto-Q-auto will get you the following effects:

4 BotRK procs (2 autos + Q + 1 phantom hit)
4 Titanic Hydra procs (2 autos + Q + 1 phantom hit)
2 Normal autos
1 Q auto

It occurs to me you could a combo of auto-Q-auto-Titanic active , which would get you the following (because the active resets your auto swing again):

6 BotRK procs (3 autos + Q + 2 phantoms)
5 Titanic Hydra normal procs (2 autos + Q + 2 phantoms)
1 Titanic Hydra active
2 Normal autos
1 Q auto

In no situation can you get the damage from Q twice, without casting Q twice.

Auto doesn't even look like a word anymore.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
That's a really expensive core on jungle trundle tho

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Killed By Death posted:

Uh, not exactly. The phantom hit only applies constant on-hit effects, not one offs. It'll apply the Hydra proc (but not the active version) and BotRK proc, but nothing else. It doesn't apply Sheen effects, or any effects that work like Sheen (like Trundle's Q, or anything that reads "On next attack"). All his Q does is let you get more phantom hits, it doesn't increase their damage.

In short, a combo of auto-Q-auto will get you the following effects:

4 BotRK procs (2 autos + Q + 1 phantom hit)
4 Titanic Hydra procs (2 autos + Q + 1 phantom hit)
2 Normal autos
1 Q auto

It occurs to me you could a combo of auto-Q-auto-Titanic active , which would get you the following (because the active resets your auto swing again):

6 BotRK procs (3 autos + Q + 2 phantoms)
5 Titanic Hydra normal procs (2 autos + Q + 2 phantoms)
1 Titanic Hydra active
2 Normal autos
1 Q auto

In no situation can you get the damage from Q twice, without casting Q twice.

Auto doesn't even look like a word anymore.

The bonus damage for Trundle's Q counts as an on-hit effect (according to the LoL wiki) so that could double up but otherwise it is not a good item for Trundle because nothing else in his kit really compliments it.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

city good. cowlands bad

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ormi posted:

city good. cowlands bad

is this the part where i take a picture of my frontyard and the dirt road that leads to it thats 3 miles long

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Ormi posted:

city good. cowlands bad

City great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

• Locked thread