Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

If you don't care what blog you link from, here's a link that works for me in incognito mode: http://xhellllosabrinax.tumblr.com/post/143255123346/natty-fit-this-is-so-cute-omg-i-cant

Tumblr is a garbage website but I want to at least let your friends see a cute dog video. Can't help you for general browsing, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Any ideas for a good birthday present.

I mean for myself, I don't really want all that much that isn't way outside of family budget, so any ideas would be nice.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Josef bugman posted:

I mean for myself, I don't really want all that much that isn't way outside of family budget, so any ideas would be nice.

a pound of smoked beef brisket

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Josef bugman posted:

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Anyone know which of these three different types of push ups are the easiest - hardest to do?

1) Regular push ups - body parallel to the ground.
2) Push ups with your arms elevated such as on a bench.
3) Push ups with your legs elevated such as on a bench.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Busy Bee posted:

Anyone know which of these three different types of push ups are the easiest - hardest to do?

In order of difficulty, hardest to easiest:

3, 1, 2

1 is a pushup
2 is an incline pushup
3 is a decline pushup

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Jyrraeth posted:

If you don't care what blog you link from, here's a link that works for me in incognito mode: http://xhellllosabrinax.tumblr.com/post/143255123346/natty-fit-this-is-so-cute-omg-i-cant

Tumblr is a garbage website but I want to at least let your friends see a cute dog video. Can't help you for general browsing, though.

Holy poo poo those ears :3:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Busy Bee posted:

Did you try each one and figure it out?

pupdive
Jun 13, 2012

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Did you try each one and figure it out?

Clearly not, because the head down pushup is significantly harder than the other pushups, since the majority of the weight of the body is being lifted by the arms. This is a basic body weight based training thing.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
I tried to use a 64gb Kingston thumb drive formatted to exfat in two different Apple devices (A macbook pro and an imac) on Saturday and neither acknowledged its existence. I plugged it into my windows laptop and it works just fine. Why might it have not worked in either of the Apple devices?

edit: I just remembered that my 8 gb kingston flash drive worked, checked it, and that one is formatted to fat32. I thought exfat worked on apple devices? Or does this just mean they haven't updated their devices in a while?

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 28, 2016

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Earwicker posted:

a pound of smoked beef brisket

A smoker and a full packer brisket.

Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish and all that...

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Trastion posted:

A smoker and a full packer brisket.

Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish and all that...

if you give someone a pound of smoked brisket for their birthday and they like it, you can get them another pound of brisket next year and they'll enjoy that just as much, maybe even more because they will combine the flavor of the brisket with their happy memories of last year's birthday

if you give someone a smoker for their birthday, by the time next year's birthday rolls around they already have been eating all the smoked meat they could possibly want for a full year and you'll have to think of something else

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
No, you give them a smoker with a cleverly-concealed flaw that causes it to break after about 10 or 11 months. By that point they're hooked, and jonesing for the meat, so you give them their fix on their birthday and everyone is happy. :v:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Earwicker posted:

if you give someone a pound of smoked brisket for their birthday and they like it, you can get them another pound of brisket next year and they'll enjoy that just as much, maybe even more because they will combine the flavor of the brisket with their happy memories of last year's birthday

if you give someone a smoker for their birthday, by the time next year's birthday rolls around they already have been eating all the smoked meat they could possibly want for a full year and you'll have to think of something else

No you give them the smoker and then next year you give them a brisket so they can smoke it and share the smoke goodness with you. Repeat each year changing meats as needed.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

Google Cardboard

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Does anyone know the original video that was used to make this? https://vine.co/v/ipK2qFuth5x

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious
Looking for an E/N thread about relationship where you are hurting and they are not.

Basically just advice.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

Jon Zyetta posted:

Looking for an E/N thread about relationship where you are hurting and they are not.
Isn't that every E/N thread?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

nvm

Yaws fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 29, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Anyone have any idea why The Great British Bake Off is called The Great British Baking Show in America?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Tiggum posted:

Anyone have any idea why The Great British Bake Off is called The Great British Baking Show in America?

Pillsbury owns the trademark Bake-Off in the U.S.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2015/11/great-british-baking-show-behind-scenes/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillsbury_Bake-Off

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
At the building sites of some large structures like retail stores, I've seen large (i.e. ~3ft on each side) concrete cubes that have a large circle cut out of each face. What are those for? Sewer?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

OneEightHundred posted:

At the building sites of some large structures like retail stores, I've seen large (i.e. ~3ft on each side) concrete cubes that have a large circle cut out of each face. What are those for? Sewer?

Look through here, does it look like one of these? It's probably a manhole section. The holes are where pipes connect to it, it's an expanded area where sewer workers can get down into it and do any work or maintenance that is needed.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Anyone know what type of plug this 220 volt clippers comes with? - http://www.amazon.com/9243-4724-HomeCut-Complete-Clipper-Cutting/dp/B00QNOZ7GO?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref_=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I use 2 week disposable contacts (acuvue oasis if it matters). I used to wear them basically every weekday for two weeks straight then toss them. Now I don't have a job so I only wear them maybe once a week. Do I still have to throw them out after two weeks or do they last longer? I fail to see the difference between sitting in solution for months on a shelf and sitting in solution in my bathroom.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Slavvy posted:

I use 2 week disposable contacts (acuvue oasis if it matters). I used to wear them basically every weekday for two weeks straight then toss them. Now I don't have a job so I only wear them maybe once a week. Do I still have to throw them out after two weeks or do they last longer? I fail to see the difference between sitting in solution for months on a shelf and sitting in solution in my bathroom.

Sometimes I forget to change out my 2 week contacts for 2 months. You'll be fine as long as they don't start irritating your eyes.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Slavvy posted:

The all-in-one solution is supposed to keep them protected while (somewhat counter-intuitively), that nasty hydrogen peroxide stuff that will hurt your eyes isn't as effective at longer term storage

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Agreed. Just wear them until they feel gummy.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
The contacts or your eyes?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Says it uses an Indian rounded plug, so I would guess Type C, aka Europlug

http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/
http://www.indiaquickfacts.com/content/india-electricity-electrical-plugs-converters-electric-sockets-electric-adapters

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

Thank you! But where do you see that it says it uses an Indian rounded plug?

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is it time to change out contacts? Flowchart:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Busy Bee posted:

Thank you! But where do you see that it says it uses an Indian rounded plug?

quote:

Product Description
Wahl Home cut Complete Hair Cutting Kit-9243-4724- Self Sharpening Blades-Guide Combs Note : Product in package may not be exactly the same as photo due to continuous improvements to the product. The products are shipped from India so you will need to have Rounded Pin to Country Specific Pin Convertor for all electric chargeable products. Please check if the Voltage in your country is suitable for the product. Package will be opened to check if the contents are intact. Picture Note : Color might slightly vary due to photographic lighting or monitor settings.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Okonner posted:

Agreed. Just wear them until they feel gummy.

That's what I've been doing but wanted to make sure I wasn't going to blind myself. Thanks for all the answers guys!

Final Call
Nov 15, 2005

I've got a spanish thyme that I grew from a cutting. I was hoping it would branch out somehow, but right now it's essentially a single-stalk sort of thing. How the heck do I get it to branch out?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
It's a little counterintuitive, but cutting it back will encourage it to put out new growth near where you cut. Cut just above the node and it should start filling out.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
How strict are music festivals, Bottlerock in particular, with frayed/damaged wristbands? My wife decided to buy me a ticket to Bottlerock and then when the bracelet came she didn't understand how these things work so she played with it and it got stuck. I tried all the tricks but this one has some weird rotating clasp thing and I got it open about enough but the fabric is pretty bad. What are the chances they'd turn me away at the door?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Manslaughter posted:

Sometimes I forget to change out my 2 week contacts for 2 months. You'll be fine as long as they don't start irritating your eyes.

Change that to three to four months and you have me.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

How strict are music festivals, Bottlerock in particular, with frayed/damaged wristbands? My wife decided to buy me a ticket to Bottlerock and then when the bracelet came she didn't understand how these things work so she played with it and it got stuck. I tried all the tricks but this one has some weird rotating clasp thing and I got it open about enough but the fabric is pretty bad. What are the chances they'd turn me away at the door?

Totally depends on the production company running it and level of give a gently caress the security person at the door or gate has that day.

I spent most of last summer working at festivals, at strict ones you'll be hosed if you can't get your wrist in there, at a more lax one you might be able to do some shenanigans with crazy glue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
Can't you call and tell them what happened and swap it out? I get why they wouldn't want to do it halfway through the festival, but it's a month away.