Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Is there any way I can duplicate my save? Not for any shady stuff, I just want to try out two different builds for NG+ at the same time and I don't wanna make another character to do it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Vince MechMahon posted:

I used CE to beat a boss in offline mode

Forgive me thread I don't know where we stand on these issues yet: are we making fun of people like this or no?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tenzarin posted:

I spawned all the items for all the achieves and deleted my save game.

If you were going to do that, why not just use SAM to flag the achievements?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Xenolalia posted:

OKay can someone confirm this so I don't go insane, I swear to god that the ghrus make a faint "skype notification bloop" during their death audio. I'm pretty sure this only applies to the ones who have shields.

Oh my god I'm not the only person hearing phantom skype noises from those things. :aaaaa:

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCf9Ni9-inw

I meant to do that.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can not for the life of me (literally) get a hold of pvp parrying. PvE? Yeah I can do that for the most part. PvP? Hey look at this dumbass waving a buckler in my face while I smash him into a pulp. Even when its just some guy that spams R1 with an estoc I can't consistently parry them despite it being completely predictable.

:negative:

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
That staircase becomes a lot more fun when you realise all the enemies there can be rapport-ed. So can the winged knights nearby. Rapport is great!

I'm honestly finding ds3 to be probably the dullest in the series for me. Making magic so poo poo and pyromancy require stat investment, coupled with generally samey and boring weapon movesets, doesn't make for much variety in enjoyable, non-gimmicky builds. The world being so linear doesn't help either, severely limits potential for sequence breaking and means going through the game is so similar every time it becomes a slog. Say what you will about ds2, but the openness of the world meant I had a bunch of different paths I could take/items to rush, and it had way better weapons and weapon variety. What happened to twinblades?

Multiplayer was better as well in just about every regard (not missing soul memory very much). Estus should be limited in pvp as much as possible cause seriously the constant chugging just sucks all the fun right out. Also small soapstones conspicuously absent.

Finally, the other two games gave you a clear idea of who you were and why you were in Lordran/Drangleic, but no one even knows what an unkindled actually is!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I hope I'm not the only one that sings the song from the Crossfire commercial except saying bonfire instead.

Bonfire. Bonfire! Bon Fayaaaaaa

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

You're wearing the pissbaby armor I hope you know

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

maybe he likes the feel of the piss trousers

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
probably a little poo poo too

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pyromancy is pretty rad once you get Chaos Fire Orb. Before that it's pretty bad.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

You're wearing the pissbaby armor I hope you know

I was wearing the Cleric pants and gloves thank you v much. :colbert:

Eventually I ditched the rest of the Fallen Knight set too.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
So has anyone checked out the immolation tinder that the flame witches in boreal valley drop? It seems like a rare drop, but it could be an interesting gimmick weapon.

It's a halberd-catalyst (really should be pyromancies) with A scaling in int, and its weapon art is the flame snake the witches do.

Also it's a torch :downs:

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 27, 2016

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Getting a steady stream of Mound Maker hits, but it's still kind of dull. Just 20 more to go. :shepicide:

Figures the Way of the Blue guys with Warriors of the Sun crowding them are the same folk who spam emotes when they scrape a win, though. Kept running into a guy called The Dragonslayer last night was really poo poo at actual PVP, but the fact he just kept running away and endlessly summoning phantoms in meant he - or rather, his summons - would get you through attrition.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jaaam posted:

Finally, the other two games gave you a clear idea of who you were and why you were in Lordran/Drangleic, but no one even knows what an unkindled actually is!

Lol no they didn't. Three has the clearest motivation of all the games.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Unkindled is a Chosen Undead who hosed up and didn't link the fire properly.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Rolo posted:

I hope I'm not the only one that sings the song from the Crossfire commercial except saying bonfire instead.

Bonfire. Bonfire! Bon Fayaaaaaa

Oh thank god.

I mean, no it's just you.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

EC posted:

Forgive me thread I don't know where we stand on these issues yet: are we making fun of people like this or no?

I stand with you

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Haha he had to quit out of Deacons because he couldn't actually clear the dudes away from the boss.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does the cat ring not work as an invader? I thought I would be sneaky as hell and plunge attack the host while they were on the ladder to the dog pit of doom. Well I missed, and on top of that I also died from the fall damage despite having the ring on.

Mazerunner posted:

So has anyone checked out the immolation tinder that the flame witches in boreal valley drop? It seems like a rare drop, but it could be an interesting gimmick weapon.

It's a halberd-catalyst (really should be pyromancies) with A scaling in int, and its weapon art is the flame snake the witches do.

Also it's a torch :downs:

I've been using it on my current mage run. Its a pretty fun weapon, but definitely not optimal due to wonky stat requirements. It honestly might be better for pyromancers than mages though; the weapon deals fire damage, which is useful for a mage as it lets you get another damage type but means it would benefit from the fire clutch ring. The weird stats aren't so bad when you don't have to pump int a ton and are already going to be going into faith anyways.

Before you go thinking "boy this sure would be great with farron flashsword!", realize that for some idiotic reason the tinder retains its collision detection when casting that spell. So it can bounce off walls. And because its a huge weapon and you're swinging it in a wide arc, its gonna bounce off something most of the time and get you killed. Note however that regular soulsword doesn't have any collision detection with the tinder so I have no loving clue what is going on there.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RatHat posted:

You can pull them individually with a bow/crossbow. This applies to almost all of the group encounters in the game. You don't even need to meet the stat requirements for a bow/crossbow.

Yeah I do that all the time. Never fight more than one enemy at a time if you don't have to! I can't imagine going through Irithyll without a trusty bow to separate out the groups of pontiff knights or to pull the shadowy hollows away from the fire witches.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I like to summon mound makers and hide while I get invaded so everybody can win. but mostly me

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Internet Kraken posted:

Does the cat ring not work as an invader? I thought I would be sneaky as hell and plunge attack the host while they were on the ladder to the dog pit of doom. Well I missed, and on top of that I also died from the fall damage despite having the ring on.

I've been using it on my current mage run. Its a pretty fun weapon, but definitely not optimal due to wonky stat requirements. It honestly might be better for pyromancers than mages though; the weapon deals fire damage, which is useful for a mage as it lets you get another damage type but means it would benefit from the fire clutch ring. The weird stats aren't so bad when you don't have to pump int a ton and are already going to be going into faith anyways.

Before you go thinking "boy this sure would be great with farron flashsword!", realize that for some idiotic reason the tinder retains its collision detection when casting that spell. So it can bounce off walls. And because its a huge weapon and you're swinging it in a wide arc, its gonna bounce off something most of the time and get you killed. Note however that regular soulsword doesn't have any collision detection with the tinder so I have no loving clue what is going on there.

Hm, I see. I might someday have to ask a kind goon to hold it for me to transport to an alt.

Also the cat ring does work, it's just that the dog pit is ever so slightly too tall, even for the ring. I tested it just tonight, and you auto die like a foot before hitting the floor.

I've had some great fights by the catacombs bridge, where I'll (intentionally) fall off onto the little platform once its been broken, and land fine. Then a second later the host and phantoms all come careening down trying to plunging attack me, and either die on impact or have a sliver of health and are stunned.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

I invade as a sunbro, came into a world were the bossfight was already going on, boss killed the host, and I got an ember and a sunlight medal. :psyduck:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Alabaster White posted:

Lothric Knight Shield hits 66 Stability at +10, and the Black Knight Shield is 69 at +5 (it's Weapon Skill, though).
these two have elemental defenses comparable to the Crest line of shields in addition to the way better stability

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Begemot posted:

Yeah I do that all the time. Never fight more than one enemy at a time if you don't have to! I can't imagine going through Irithyll without a trusty bow to separate out the groups of pontiff knights or to pull the shadowy hollows away from the fire witches.

the answer is a bigass sword/axe

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

or a straight sword

or a rapier

or a spear

or

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it cool yet for everyone to call DS3 the worst now?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ruggington posted:

the answer is a bigass sword/axe

The answer to what?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
So, the scimitar slash from Pontiff Knights are timed and have exactly enough forward momentum to catch you at the end of your roll if you dodge away from them after being hit.

Well, I didn't need those 40k souls anyway.

Begemot posted:

The answer to what?

Everything

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Begemot posted:

The answer to what?

everything, my dude

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mazerunner posted:

Hm, I see. I might someday have to ask a kind goon to hold it for me to transport to an alt.

I like facilitating gimmick runs so I'd be willing to help with that. Its a pretty cool weapon honestly, you just have to look past the wonky stat requirements. You'll be a special snowflake if you use it as I haven't seen anyone else using it even after a bunch of PvP. The fact that it never shows up catches people offguard since they don't know what to expect.

Also it just plain looks neat.

quote:

Also the cat ring does work, it's just that the dog pit is ever so slightly too tall, even for the ring. I tested it just tonight, and you auto die like a foot before hitting the floor.

Here I was thinking that autodeath had nothing to do with height and was just a barrier the devs placed in various areas. Good to know I guess.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

Is it cool yet for everyone to call DS3 the worst now?

It is in fact the best. But this is america so have bad opinions w/e free country man

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Actually Dark Souls 2 is the best Dark Souls game.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

DS3 is the best Souls but BB is still the best Miyazaki game.

(DS2 is still the worst Souls)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DS1 was good, DS2 was better, and I think DS3 is best. I just hate not being able to talk about liking new things on SA.

DnD 5e will be the new favorite when DND 6e comes out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

DS1 was good, DS2 was better, and I think DS3 is best. I just hate not being able to talk about liking new things on SA.

DnD 5e will be the new favorite when DND 6e comes out.

It's almost like people have different opinions on things.

Also, DnD 5e didn't make people here suddenly like 3.5 (or Pathfinder).

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Lords of the Fallen > Dark Souls 2 > The Dark Souls of Persona > Dark Souls 3 > Twilight Princess > Nioh >? Ocarina of Time > Dark Souls > Demons' Souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ruggington posted:

Lords of the Fallen > Dark Souls 2 > The Dark Souls of Persona > Dark Souls 3 > Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time > Dark Souls > Demons' Souls

Where's Majora